OtakuBoards

Finding nemo

Krademon

"They say laughter is the best medicine, but laughing in someones face is the worst affliction"
- Alter ego

Personaly I have great respect to any movie made by pixar. They are well though out and even if they may be aimed at kids\families they do contain a bucket load of humour that you cant help but at least smile at.
This movie starts with a couple of clownfish just moving into a new anemone. The beggining is actually rather morbid and depressing as the mother and all eggs bar one get eaten by a rater toothy looking fish.
The main plot of the movie is that Nemo, the sun of overprotective fater Marlin. Gets taken away to a dentists office in Sydney (Australia) and Marlin then goes out to save son and live happily ever after.
The plot could do with some work but the movies comedy aspect is mainly delivered by Marlins blue counterpart Dorey, a small blue fish with a memory span of about 3 seconds, if that. Dorey spend most of her time backflipping and having a 'Whale' of a time while Marlin is stressed as a coconut in a cannon.
The cast is voiced by a large portion of Australian actors so at least they got the accent right.
Overall this movie is quite good but if you are extreemly wary of movies which may make you feel a bit kiddy this is one to seer clear of. But if you like having a good time and seeing some really great animation definitly fork out the cash to see it.

Oh yeah. I think that this is a wonderful movie, Pixar out did themselves here. I think it was amazingly funny, Dory just killed me, the sharks were great, incidently all sharks are austrailian heh. Crush was my most favourite

"No hurling on the shell dude, just waxed it."

The seagulss were funny too heh heh "Matematematematemate." *smirks* oh the hilarity.

As you can tell, I loved it

[color=orangered]Gah... I'm a sucker for anything Pixar made [i]after[/i] Toy Story. Everything they make seems to hold true with the "Disney" style, while Disney themselves seem to be losing that in their animation.

But yeah... I loved Dory too ^_^ She was so cool. Some of the best lines went to her, in the screening I went to (it was an advanced one, it's not released in the UK yet O_o) people were laughing aloud. And that's not something I hear too often.

Just wow... I have nothing but praise for that movie. I can't wait until it comes out to buy, I'll be watching it over and over and over again.

[spoiler][i]And remember guys! Fish are friends! Not food![/i][/spoiler]

O_o;; I'll go now...[/color]

This movie was one of Disney best but I believe the only reason it did so good was because of a lack of competition. When Finding Nemo was out its biggest competition was Sinbad. Most of the summer was adult film or teen flicks not really nothing for children except Finding Nemo or Sinbad the Saiolr hey what would you choose? Most people made the right decision and saw a good clean Disney film.

No, I hadn't seen that commercial, but it sounds cute ... just like everything else about [i]Finding Nemo[/i].

I don't think I will ever grow out of having a complete weakness for cartoons and animation ... Disney films (particularly [i]The Emperor's New Groove[/i]!!) have been my favorites for years, even though I'm now a junior in college :eek: Thus of course I saw [i]Finding Nemo[/i] and loved it.

Anyway, my friend and I were actually talking about this movie last night, and apparently there are several Pixar-movie shoutouts (she watched a special on the Disney channel ... I'm not quite [i]that[/i] into it but hey, whatever :)). I think Buzz Lightyear is one of the toys in the waiting room or something. And according to her, the kid from [i]Toy Story[/i] who destroyed all the toys is also in the waiting room, but slightly grown up now, and you can tell it's him because he's still wearing the same shirt (with a skull and crossbones on it). I remember seeing Buzz Lightyear, but not the kid.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]For a movie about fish, this was really good. Pixar and Disney together can normally take any idea and make a good movie. It was funny and just a little cute movie. The begining was kinda sad though. I liked the turtles, turtles are cool... but I never imagined them as surfer type beings. Oh well.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by terra [/i]
[B].......(particularly [i]The Emperor's New Groove[/i]!!)...[/B][/QUOTE]

You are how officially one of the coolest people here.

I don't think it has anything to do with competition. If you pay attention to past years, it's not as if there are 10 animated films released in a short time period. No animated film ever really has competition in that aspect.

The movie was great. It had great buzz, great reviews, great commericals. It all was done right, and so many people wanted to see it. I saw it with a friend of mine and we're both around 20 years old. It didn't really matter.

That's why it did so well. The movie kept rising up the charts everytime it faltered. It made tons and tons of money. People wanted to see it because of what it was, not because of what else was out.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by terra [/i]
[B]

I think Buzz Lightyear is one of the toys in the waiting room or something.[/B][/QUOTE]

Correct buzz was also in the waiting room. Some other easter eggs in the waiting room were the mobile phone form monster inc.
A book "M for Monsters", and something about a poster.
Other ones were the pizza truck from toystory drives past in one of the scens. All the boats were named after the directors and Mike Shinoda (I can't remember how that's spelt) swims past in the closing credits.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Krademon [/i]
[B]I'm loking forward to it coming out on DVD.
But has anyone seen the mcdonalds ad which has a scene special made for it?
It has MArlin, nemo and dorey playing with one of the collecatbles you get with a happy meal. [/B][/QUOTE]
My god, have you seen the actual commercial for the movie itself? That alone made me laugh to no end.

I haven't seen the movie yet, though I've been really wanting to for a while now. That pelican... man.

"Get in my mouth... if you want to live..." "Yeah, right.. sure, yeah..". -:laugh: ...so funny, just so damn funny. And then he smashes into a window... :laugh:

I'm thinking if the ad. is that funny to me, I've gotta see the movie. I'd imagine it's not showing for much longer... it's already been screening here for a while now. I'd love to see the movie before it's out.