OtakuBoards

Once Upon A Time In Mexico. (Thats a long title!)

WW2

Well I just got back from seeing "Once Upon A Time In Mexico", a.k.a Desperado 2.

The movie continues the story of El Mariache (the Guitarist), a couple of years after the first film.

OUATIM, is a pretty good movie, full of stylish gun fight scenes, colorful characters, and some cool guitar cases.

But the best thing in the whole movie has to be Johnny Depp's performance, as a corupt CIA agent.
Depp plays one crazy SOB, and adds alot of humor to the flick. Oh, and in the end, he really kicks some major ***.

So, if you haven't seen it, I highly recremend you do, if you are a big fan of the action genre.
And if you have already seen it, tell me what you thought.

:D

I can't wait to see it. My dad showed me El Mariachi and Desperado when I was about 13, and I really enjoyed them. I don't neccesarily want to see it just because Depp's in it (although he is a great actor, at least in my opinon), but because I enjoy the storylines of the movies. Oh well, I'll end up seein' it sometime. :D

I really want to see this one. I thought the first two were hilarious.
THOSE GUITAR CASES ROCK!

anywhoo, Johnny Depp is a great actor (c'mon, he saved PotC and you KNOW it!) and I think It will be awesome!

Oh, and I think Antonio Banderas rocks also. He's a good actor, too. Have you SEEN Zorro?

Yeah, actually, I have seen Zorro. Didn't really raise my opinion of Mr. Banderas. Something about him just makes me dislike him. I just find him very annoying.

But I'll probably end up seeing this movie, anyway; it looks quite interesting from what I can tell.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinmaru [/i]
[B]Yeah, actually, I have seen Zorro. Didn't really raise my opinion of Mr. Banderas. Something about him just makes me dislike him. I just find him very annoying.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Probably those Spy Kids movies he did.

Anyway, saw the movie last night, good stuff, not great but what can you expect. Nothing really lives up to Desperado or El Mariachi.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Yeah.. me and my sister just saw Desperado a few nights ago. They had made Once Apon a Time in Mexico in 2000, but they decided to wait till now.. I don't remember why though. Anyway, me and my sis'll probably see it when it gets to our town([I]if[/I] it ever gets here).
Ha... my sister thought the first one was so funny, I had to admit it was. But she just loved alot of the lines.. as did I. ^_^ Lol.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I got back form seeing this a few hours ago. I though it was good. If I say anything I liked about it I'ld spoul alot. Johnny depp was good as CIA agent Sands. Of course everyone else was goo as well.

I remember on another forum some poeple were talking about making a movie all about Agent Sands and his strangeness.

I liked how the chiuaua(sp?) was named Moco.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinmaru [/i]
[B]Yeah, actually, I have seen Zorro. Didn't really raise my opinion of Mr. Banderas. Something about him just makes me dislike him. I just find him very annoying.[/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, I know the feeling. Some people just have that effect...[size=1] [color=grey] *Hillary Duff*[/color] [/size]
What, Huh, did I say something?

anywhoo, ug, and Wow. I didn't mean to seem like a hyper person. Don't know what came over me. *beats back paranoia with a stick*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]Think they would come up with an original title. *cough*onceuponatimeinchina*cough*jetli*cough*
Excuse me. Phew. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well the title is derived from an old Clint Eastwood, Spagetti Western trilogy, which ended with "Once Upon A Time In The West."

Rodregeiz decided to do what they did, and name the third film in the series, "Once Upon A Time In Mexico." At least that's what I read.

But you're right, the title is very familiar. They've had "Once Upon A Tiime In America", "Once Upon A Time In China," etc.