Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Alright, it's Lord of the Rings trivia time!!!! This is for you hard-core Tolkein readers, who read the books a lot, and some of his other books, like the Silmarillion and such.

FIRST QUESTION: How many Valar are were there in the beginning of the world?

There that wasn't too hard. It'll get harder when it starts going.

I don't really know how we'll do this, maybe PM the person who stated the question with the answer, and they'll tell you if it's right or wrong, then you can post if it's right. So, YOU MUST KNOW THE ANSWER TO YOUR OWN QUESTION!In you answering post, make sure to ask another question. Alright, let's get this going.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
15, I think. I could list them off if you want.
PM me if that's right and I'll edit my post with a question

Edit: Seems I got it right. My question is: What is the ancient race that destroyed the Uruk Hai as they fled from Helm's deep?
Posted
Close, it's the Hurons. They are the servants of the ents.(I PM'd Drix to confirm the right answer.)

My question. What were the ships called that Aragorn/Legolas/Gimli arrived in at the Battle of Plennor Fields?
Posted
The corsairs of Umbar?
(I was informed by PM that I'm right :).)

I should read those books again.

Here's my question: After the Battle of Pelennor fields, what's the the herb Aragorn uses for healing purposes, and who are the two people he heals?
(Not that hard ... maybe some non-hardcore LOTR fans will join in? :D)
Posted
Alfelas, or kingsfoil...

I don't even need to PM, i know i'm right (ego trip!!!AGH) ;)

My question is: Who is the elf that assists frodo after he is poisioned by the morgul-blade, carrying him across the Brunien River? (book version only!)
Posted
Glorfindel, I was mad they cut him out of the movie. Though it made sense, because Arwen's part at the end seemed a little random at the end.

I'm pretty sure I'm right, so I'll ask a question: What does Treebeard say he'll call the area where the Ents will supervise Saruman, after they've taken over his tower?

By the way, in my book it's spelled athelas, but whatever.
Posted
There are SEVERAL languages of middle earth!

-The Valar and Maiar speak in immaculate tones: song magic.
-Westron: we've got ancient rohirric, a hobbit sub-language.
-Haradrim: they have their own language
-Wose..
-Orcish (derivative of the Black Speech)
-Elvish: Sindarin, Sylvan, Quenya (more of a writing style)
-Numenorian (Adunaic)
-Entish
-Khuzdul (Dwarvish)
-All the languages of the world's creatures. Ravens, eagles, etc. They talk with these creatures too. Spiders.. etc

My question is : Who is the only Nazgul with a name? (Rada can't answer, he's already answered once before in our pm quiz :P )
Posted
Heh, stormy it was actually Goldberry. My bad for not picking up on that quick enough.

He had 13, I think. From memory, so by all means screw my question if I'm wrong.

Q:Who was the Captain that lead the charge in helms deep from the "West"? (I'm talking the one who blew the horn)
Posted
I think you're referring to Erkenbrand.

(By the way, the answer I meant for my question about the Ents was "Watchwood," but that's far gone now.)

What's the name of the eagle who rescues Gandalf after he falls from Durin's Bridge?
Posted
Galadriel, Cirdon --> Gandalf, Gil-galad --> Elrond (whew!)
The rings are Nenya, Narya, and Vilya.

Q: Who is Sauron's master and who did he kill in Beleriand?

*sry- i meant who did Morgoth kill (Fingolfin)
Posted
A: Morgoth Balguir, Melkor, etc. He didn't kill his master, but he did help manage to kill alot of things.... Try to aviod two paters, especially if one section is vague.

Here's a HARD one muahhaha:

Q:In the Darkening of Valinor, what dark place does the spider Ungoliant reside within.
Posted
well, the Darkening of the Valinor took place in Ezellohar, but before-hand she dwelt in Avathar


Q: Which of the Valar rose against Melkor when he tried to take the Kingdom of Arda?
Posted
--Avathar was the answer yes, but I was talking about the era, not the occurance, correct answer though---

A: Many of the Valar rose against him. In might etc. Really though, only Tulkas restled with Melkor, as he was the only person to match him in pure brute strength. All of the valar contributed in their own way, please try to make your questions a bit less vague.

Q: What Ruling Steward built the Rammas Echor around Pelennor Fields?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...