OtakuBoards

Dragon ball!!!

Hodger51

Now that toonami have there own channel now and also they have shown dragon ball z and gt a couple of times with those marathons they have decided to show dragon ball which is cool because i have never seen any of the episodes before:D but do u think that dragon ball is any good because i thought that gt was a bit lame compared to z so what do u guys think???

[size=1][color"666666"]
Yes, I like DragonBall mostly because of it startying off at the very beggining. I prefer the american dubbed version because I go to church and stuff. Anyway they are showing new episodes of Dragonball. So I think Dragonball is veryimportant.
[/size][/color]

Guest NuclearManiac86
dragonball is more humor than dbz/gt...cause u know all goku is is a little pure ball of energy and fun.

dbz/gt, goku's matured alot, and hence..alot more action.

btw..this is kakkarrot ssj4...been a long time since i've been on..

I think it's better than DBZ, persoanlly. The fights seem more meaningful, like Goku's ACHIEVED something than another powerup war/hidden power/new level of SSJ-lets powerup for 5 hours- slugfest. The character development is far more acute, and meaningful in DB. In DBZ it just goes downhill... huge battles permiated by a tiny bit of real character interaction. Granted, DBZ's battles are far more epic, but sometimes you need a STORY. Most of DBZ's stories are excuses to fight more...

That's my take.

[FONT=times new roman]I like DragonBall more than DBZ, they actually showed more skill in their fights and usually didn't use their ki attacks until they really needed them. Unlike in DBZ or GT where ki techniques are constantly used. That doesn't mean I don't like DBZ or GT though.[/FONT]

God xyandar, can you please go into SOME sort of discernable detail? It's not kiddy at all. I suppose if you think clashing battles full of "hidden powers" and "new ssj levels" are any more mature than plot development.. then.. I gues I understand why you cannot substantiate your opinion to the LEAST.

*sigh*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Drix D'Zanth [/i]
[B]God xyandar, can you please go into SOME sort of discernable detail? It's not kiddy at all. I suppose if you think clashing battles full of "hidden powers" and "new ssj levels" are any more mature than plot development.. then.. I gues I understand why you cannot substantiate your opinion to the LEAST.

*sigh* [/B][/QUOTE]

Fine if u want to hear my opinion on why i think its kiddy(even tho someone else wil just put it down) then here

It kiddy because every damn episode that i seen has little Goku walking around and then meeting a dinosaur, then he helps the dinosaur. its t the beginning when they never talk about powers r anything. when hes just a scared little boy that runs from everything. thats why its kiddy.

Now feel free to tell me im wrong...

Dragonball is really refreshing after watching too much DBZ. DBZ really lost any sort of originality after the Cell saga in my opinion. They kept the series going but it had no emotional impact whatsoever. Thats a real problem too because the animation is lousy and the real draw in the first place is the characters.

So basically I really look forward to the new episodes of Dragonball every day. The stories in between the big fights are fun, and Goku as a kid is really cool. The dub/funimation crew obviously spent more time making it actually funny in the translation. The dialogue in DBZ is just horrible.

There are very few episodes with Goku running around helping dinosaurs or running away like a scared kid. DragonBall has a lot more depth to the characters and they all have a reason for being there instead of the cameo appearances they recieve in DBZ.

The fighting is also better oriented with nice fact that everyone can still be beaten here it's all pre-goldilocks there's no uber powers they keep them fairly even. But when a stronger power does appear there's actually a storyline to it and how they will defeat it.

The humor is the true gem of the series though the first thirteen episodes being the most humorous of the whole series in my opinion. But even in later episodes when it get turned down just a notch it's still all there and very enjoyable.