Jump to content
OtakuBoards

The Simpsons: Is Maggie more intelligent then the rest of the family?


Recommended Posts

Posted
[i] I was watching an episode of the simpsons and I noticed that Maggie (the baby) is more intelligent than the then networking shows her to be. Some of my proofs are:
1) She saves Homer's life against a mob gang (Fat Tony and hiis men) with a rifle.
2) I believe she deliberaty shot Mr. Burns for a more stronger reason. Maybe to snap him out of his sences.
3) When something happens she knows of it right away.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think the same that Maggie is hiding her intelligence or I'm just going a little bonkers.
What do you think?[/i]
Posted
I think the show has just gotten so moronic that things like that are just stuck in to keep up lol.

She's always had an instinct of sorts, but the whole gun thing has always been stupid in my opinion. A lot of people think the show started going downhill after "Who Shot Mister Burns?". I don't agree with that, but I really don't think the episode where Maggie shoots the mobsters really helps defy that opinion.
Posted
It is a cartoon. It has no reasoning at all other than to try and scrape a few laughs out of Homer doing something stupid. So, of course the baby is going to be the most intelligent person on the show. :p Smarter than Professor Frink? Maybe...

;)
Posted
You left out one reason Brolli she did save Homer life when he was drowning. Anyway I think Maggie is smarter in a certain way. I've noticed that each Simpson has some type of intelligence(except Homer): Bart has the street smarts,Lisa the book smarts,Marge has wisdom ad alot of common sense, lastly Maggie has a combination of them all. Maggie is a really smart baby having enough sense to know not to say anything at all becuase you never know what you will here if you just listen. That how she learned so much she listened to each character(except Homer) and took a little of each of their knowledge and combined them to become by far the smartest of all the Simpsons.
Posted
It's a silly little cartoon.. Where nobody ages one minute (Except for the occasional birthday episode) but their intelligence level seems to vary.. First off, in the episode where Lisa and Bart are both put in third grade.. WOULD somebody seriously become a straight-A student after taking each test once? Besides, the curriculum may have changed. And Lisa.. She's very smart, I do believe she has shown she was at least two years ahead of her class mentally, so would someone really start getting F's after being put ahead one grade if they were intelligent to begin with? I think not.

That's just one off-topic example, though there are many more.

But Maggie's intelligence also seems to fluctuate. If the situation calls for her to be smart so it's funny, she's smart. If she has to be a regular baby for it to be funny, she's a regular baby.
Posted
Umm she only got an "A-" that episdoe not an "F". Yeah but this is kinda funny cause I just saw the one where Maggie shoots the gansters today...I don't think she is the smartest though....she just knows her way around a gun. ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...