OtakuBoards

A Song that reminds you of someone or something.

Meteora

Guest Skyechild91
Umm.... Catch Me If You Can, by Angela Via reminds me that there are other people in this world with the same dream as me. Another is Standing OUstdie the Fire, by Garth Brooks. It reminds me that we all have different oppinions, but that we all ae part of this world and life, adn that beating aroudn teh bush gets you nowhere.

There are pretty much three that stand out to me. But there's one above all. And yet I can't even remember the title of the song. I'll probably post up two others later. Anyways...

David Usher with ??? (some song of Morning Orbit) - Makes me think of a place rather then a person. Some reason when ever I hear the part of the lyrics that say "You can take away the world, and I don't even know my-self" and the other part "I don't wanna die just give me one more try" always reminds me of a grave yard. Strangly enough, my friend standing in that grave yard. Oo

Edit: Ok, I've finally remembered the name of the song. A day in the life by David Usher.

Stairway to Heaven... I hate that song. Everytime I hear it I'm reminded methane and the smell of horse crap.

My friend has a ranch and several horses. His mom made us clean up some of the horse stalls and my friend brought his radio so we could listen to some Led Zeplin. As we clean out a stall, every other song on his cd was stairway to heaven. He kept telling me it was on random... and if anyones been around horses you know how bad their crap smells, more so when soaked in piss.

[size=1][color=sienna][b]Oh, the Beatles. Maxwell's Silver Hammer reminds me of this time me and a bunch of my friends all got together after a show night and sang Beatles karaoke. It was such a blast, and that was one of the songs we acted out. (coughs)

Lean On Me reminds me of my old theatre days as well.

I don't know how many will know this song, but California by Phantom Planet reminds me of of this car ride with two other guys. It was midnight or something, and freezing outside, and we had all the windows down and the music up and we were definitely speeding. I was colder then everybody in Alaska, and this crazy kid was petting my leg, but it was one of the best moments ever. That is definitely one of [i]the[/i] best songs to drive to.

After that... yeah, I usually write while I listen to music, and I draw a lot of inspiration from my music, so all lot of the stuff I write reminds me of a particular song. That, and I like to assign songs to characters.

[i]Life would be better with a soundtrack.[/i][/b][/color][/size]

[color=crimson]I think Meteora is addicted to Linkin Park... Lol can't you just post all the songs that remind you of things/people in one post instead of keep having to repost? Well I guess you may think of more later on, like I can't think of many at the moment and I know there has been many in the past, but still you could just edit your post. Most songs should remind you of things because of the lyrics involved sending out a statement e.g. Papercut by Linkin Park - Paranoia as Meteora said.

Anyway a few songs I can think of are:

Liam Lynch- Whatever (reminds me of my friend Marty and his attitude)
Beyonce- Crazy in Love (the video imparticular reminds me of this girl I dated *misses those times*)
Tenacious D- Tribute (reminds me of my friend Chris doing his rendition of this... Very funny! Any song can remind me of him because he has the tendancy of getting lyrics wrong when he sings along especially Linkin Park lol)
Holly Valance- Kiss Kiss (reminds me of my friend Alex as he did a very erotic dance to say the least which included putting all my underwear from my draw on his head and I think you've heard enough lol)

Not that I like those songs but they remind me of people. I may edit more come in my head.[/color]

"Emily" by Bowling for Soup reminds me of my friend in school, Emily (duh). It's quite a good song, too. The song is not a video, at least yet. I got the album.
"Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down reminds me of my friend in Japan because she likes that song, too.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KnightOfTheRose [/i]
[B]*yawn*

Love Me Do by The Beatles always reminds me long car rides.
When I was younger my mom would just take long cardrives to relax. So I would fall asleep. And she's a Beatles freak (therefore making me one) so it stuck. [/B][/QUOTE]

All beatles songs remind me of cars... anyway heres a list,

Linkin Park: A place for my head: reminds me of all the freakin annoying normal kids that tend to bug the living crap outta me. It makes me feel like I finnaly get to tell them off.

Linkin Park: Runaway: Reminds me of harsh times that I wanted to run from.

Linkin Park: Papercut: Reminds me of the video. That was freaky.

Linkin Park: Numb: Reminds me of Kikaider

Linkin Park: Somewhere I Belong: Reminds me of me for some reason.

Linkin Park: One Step Closer: Reminds me of HEADBANGING!!!

There's a number of songs that remind me of things. There's one called "911" basically it's about well 911. That was pretty simple. It reminds me that those little times when I feel like killing myself that I actually have a reason to live. Another is called "The Blood Song." It reminds me of a video I saw once that had a lot of blood in it. "Many Men" is something I listen to before "911" since that one makes me want to kill myself and the other one doesn't.

I have so many more to name. I'll do two more. "A Song For Mama" reminds me of my mother and my grandmother who died one year before I was born. If I actually think about her when I listen to it I start to cry a little bit. My favorite part is this bit. "Your love is like tears from the stars, Mama I just want you to know, lovin' you is like food to my soul." And this bit, "You were always there to comfort me and no one else can be what you have been to me, you'll always be you always will be the girl in my life for all times."

Last song is "If I Didn't Know Better." It reminds me of this guy that I like and all. If you know the song, then that's exactly how it would go.