OtakuBoards

A Song that reminds you of someone or something.

Meteora

[color=darkblue][size=1][i]I figured this would go here because its about music, but anyways as the title suggest is there any song that reminds you of someone, or something. Write it here and tell us. I'll tell you the million songs that remind me of someone or something later.[/color][/size][/i]

[COLOR=TEAL][SIZE=1][B]Theres quite a few songs that remind me of people and places, hmmmm *ponders* what are they:

[I]Idlewild[/I] - Remote Part/Scotish Fiction
[I]Staind[/I] - It's Been a While
[I]Hoobastank[/I] - Running Away
[I]Custom[/I] - Hey Mister (:laugh:, listen to it and you'll guess why)
[I]System of a Down[/I] - Aerials
[I]Disturbed[/I] - Fear or Numb (I can't remember which)
[I]InMe[/I] - Neptune (:( Sad song)

I'm sure theres more but I can't remember them ><[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=666666][size=1][i]Will you please explain why you picked those songs? I dont want this thread to be closed. Now another song that reminds me of something is Faint because if you listen to it, it tells a story. Its wierd. To me it reminds me of anger and such. [/color][/size][/i]

[color=green]I like to listen to music while I read, and therefore if I hear a song i listened to doring a book I want to read that book again or if I do re-read something, I associate it with the song and I listen to that CD again, it is an endless cycle.:rolleyes:

Anything by Jeff Buckley makes me think of my boyfriend, who introduced me to his wonderful voice, and Jordan (boyfriend) is very sentimental, like Jeff Buckley's songs...:love: [/color]

The only song I'm like that with is Its a Small World After All. When I was little I went to Disney World with my parents and my parents put me on that ride. They went out and played and forgot all about me. I rode that annoying ride with all it flashing light, vibrant colors, and cheesy robots for hours until they finally came found me. Now whenever someone sings, hums,or whistles that horrible song it sends me into a blind rage. Once I got in a fight because someone was humming something that sounded kinda like it. The school got me consouling and I might just have it under control atleast until I hear it again

Anything by Placebo makes me think about this guy I used to love... He got me even more into them, if that's possible. And he looks like Brian Molko, which would make him the second most perfect man on Earth. Hmph. >.<
The Dandy Warhols, too, have a lot of association with him.
Memory of a Free Festival by David Bowie is such a nostalgic song... Well, it reminds me a bit of this little village in the Alps of Italy, the most amazing place in the world... But it also is sort of them theme song for a place in my head that I can never reach...
Anything from The Mard Volta's album De-Loused in the Comatorium reminds me of their concert, which turned out to be disastrous because I had a panic attack in the middle of second-row moshing. Turns out I hadn't eat for the last 36 hours and had to shakily drink a glass of icewater, but I couldn't go back into the moshpit. Makes me a bit sad.
Songs by The Polyphonic Spree make me remember happy times and always make me smile... I love good vibes bands.

Guest Magdalena
"Sometimes" by Britney Spears.

It was my boyfriends song for me in the 6th grade.

Anyway, I'm happy to know I'm not the only one to know about InMe or Idlewild.

"I've got a F and a C and I got a K too. And the only thing that missin' is a b!tch like U."

Reminds me of this girl I used to know. If you were better at her in the slightest thing you were automatically hated.

The song is (s)AINT by Marilyn Manson.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Well, about a year or so ago me and my sisters good friend died in a car accident. Whadda ya know... it was because of a drunk driver. But anyway, the song we heard right after he died was Crawling by Linkin Park... and it just well... fit. So whenever I hear that song, I always remember his death. So that is what song reminds me of who.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

This one is easy. All pop songs remind me of each other! But seriously Linkin Park songs usually make me think of two things, me and anime. Its like all my favorites combined! When I listen to 311 it reminds me of happy times. Disturbed reminds me of religeon... Slipknot reminds me NO RELIGEON. Finaly System of A Down reminds me of how corrupt some governments *cough* are.