OtakuBoards

I need advice!!!

Avalon

Ok people... i have a BIG problem!!! Me and my mom fight every day. I don't get along with her very well. She's a very holier-than-thou person. She always have to have everything better than everyone else. the better and bigger house, the better car, stuff like that. and she's always comparing me to some one else just because i'm a bigger size than her. for example, she and i went shopping saturday. she saw some girls who looked sorta like her, in size i mean. She just kept talking about how if i would lose weight then i could wear those clothes or look like that. I'm getting mighty fed up with her attitude about that because that's what we always fight about. please give your thoughts about this and maybe they will help me.

:cool: Well maybe if u talk to her (which uv'e probaly already did), and if that doesn't work u could just go and live with your dad!:cool:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Panny Chan ;) [/i]
[B]Ok people... i have a BIG problem!!! Me and my mom fight every day. I don't get along with her very well. She's a very holier-than-thou person. She always have to have everything better than everyone else. the better and bigger house, the better car, stuff like that. and she's always comparing me to some one else just because i'm a bigger size than her. for example, she and i went shopping saturday. she saw some girls who looked sorta like her, in size i mean. She just kept talking about how if i would lose weight then i could wear those clothes or look like that. I'm getting mighty fed up with her attitude about that because that's what we always fight about. please give your thoughts about this and maybe they will help me. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][b][size=1]That sounds very nasty of her...it sounds a bit like that common idea of the mother trying to live through the daughter.

All I can say is that you sit down with her quietly...without fighting...and explain that it makes you feel bad when she says things like that...

Fighting can cloud the issue; if you sit and talk calmly...and just open up completely, you never know what could happen.[/b][/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue][b][size=1]That sounds very nasty of her...it sounds a bit like that common idea of the mother trying to live through the daughter.

All I can say is that you sit down with her quietly...without fighting...and explain that it makes you feel bad when she says things like that...

Fighting can cloud the issue; if you sit and talk calmly...and just open up completely, you never know what could happen.[/b][/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]the tuna fish idea was better.....nah ok use his advice hes a good admin

I have the same problem like that before, lucky me, I move out this year. You can try James way, but I try that before, it doesn't work very well.

Here is my advice,
Fisrt talk to her like James said. Tell her that you like the way you are. You are not her, but try to keep everything cool.

If the talking doesn't work, then try the silent treatment. Try not to talk to her and avoid her. If you two see each other less, there will be less fight. It is hard to avoid someone who live in the same house, just try your best.

[COLOR=purple]I suggest reminding her of all the little things she's said she would do, but never did. I catch my mom up in lies all the time, or just remember the things she was supposed to do, but never did. When she comes to my with a complaint, I throw it all in her face! Basically, remind your mom somehow that she's [i]not[/i] perfect....no matter how hard she tries....and she has no right at all to demand perfection from you. I hope my advice helps......or at least answers the question(I think I went off on a tangent.)[/COLOR]:)

[b]I go with the [i]'silence treatment'[/i] and *GaLaXy-GiRl* on this one,...hehe,..I'm not one to talk things through calmly,..but then,..I do the [i]'not-so-perfect yourself so -in-your-face'[/i] technique myself, whenever I think my Mum and Dad push me too much...hehe,..always hits the spot..[/b]

under such circumstances,you only have 3 choice

1.Tell her how you feel.

2.Keep quiet when she is nagging(That is alway what I do:D )

oops!I shouldn't have tell you that!:blush:

3.buy for her a high heel shoe(a bigger one if she alway wear one)

I know the 3rd choice sound stupid but if your mother wear a high heel shoe,she will feel she is bigger than you(Don't ask me why,I'm not a girl)

try talking to your mom, or you could ignore her. i think it's pretty shallow of her to judge you like that. tell her that your her daughter and the way she's treating you is not very mother-like, moms are suposed to support their kids not crticize them. I had the same problem once, my mom criticized me because I dress like a freak, I told her that that was who I was and except me or leave me, something clicked and we're best friends.
I hope that helps good luck!

Bring her over to the computer, Load up the internet and go to the otakuboards. Than go to general disscussion and click on this topic. Tell her to read through it...

See my suggestion works!

^.^

*700 posts*