Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Kingdom Hearts 2 and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories


Recommended Posts

Posted
I didn't really like the first game at all... but I have to admit it does look very cool. The enemy designs are really interested in particular. I love those straight jacket creatures.

Disney probably is willing to go rather dark. Some people seem to forget some of the movies they're responsible for, even in terms of animation. The Dark Cauldron is a great example. In Japan, I believe they have some Disney Dungeon area too, which looked quite dark and odd for a Disney attraction.

Looks good so far.
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dagger IX1 [/i]
[B]The "guy who resembles Sora" is holding the "Promise" Keyblade (or whatever it's called.... anyway, if I'm seeing correctly, it has the charm that Kairi gave Sora in KH). [/B][/QUOTE]

FYI (not to sound mean in anyway) He is holding the Oblivion in his right hand and the Oathkeeper (the one you mentioned) in his left hand. I Hope I didn't sound mean in anyway! <.>
Posted
New info for Chain of Memories on GBA from IGNPocket, [url]http://pocket.ign.com/articles/453/453041p1.html:[/url]

"Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is a continuation of the PlayStation 2 adventure, picking up where the first game left off and leading up to the true sequel set for release on the PlayStation 2: Kingdom Hearts II.

Players will continue to control Sora, the lead adventurer of the Kingdom Hearts lost in a world that crosses the Disney realm with the Square-Enix world, sharing characters within one gigantic universe."

[IMG]http://pocketmedia.ign.com/pocket/image/kingdomheartsgba_100303_12.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://pocketmedia.ign.com/pocket/image/kingdomheartsgba_100303_11.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://pocketmedia.ign.com/pocket/image/kingdomheartsgba_100303_10.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://pocketmedia.ign.com/pocket/image/kingdomheartsgba_100303_09.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://pocketmedia.ign.com/pocket/image/kingdomheartsgba_100303_06.jpg[/IMG]

I don't know. For the most part, it looks an awful lot like a 2D version of the original Kingdom Hearts... doesn't it?
Posted
[color=darkblue][size=1]May I ask, what are those things with the Heartless sign on them? Are they the actual heartless? And, yes it does look like a 2d version of the original. I'll still prolly get it, just to find out what it's all about. ^__^

-Lan[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lan [/i]
[B][color=darkblue][size=1]May I ask, what are those things with the Heartless sign on them? Are they the actual heartless? And, yes it does look like a 2d version of the original. I'll still prolly get it, just to find out what it's all about. ^__^

-Lan[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Umm I'm not sure on what you are refering to by sign on them. Do you mean the symbol that's on them, Lan?
Posted
im dissapointed nobody posted the toy that was also on desplay at the toyko game show. It was sora in a new out fit holding two keyblades mikceys and his own (you can tell by the red and blue bands) There is also a duel weilding keyblades in a picture Semjaza Azazel posted. KH II looks promising. KH2 has EVERYTHING to do with deep dive! "you look just like him"-unknown....there is sombody that looks like sora in like 5 pictures. Sombodys hypothesies isn't a reliable source. Also the game is in early devolpment(listed above) so its implssible to tell.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MarkM [/i]
[B] KH2 has EVERYTHING to do with deep dive! [/B][/QUOTE]

I know I'm sorry I did a stupid of believing a friend of mine and I promise it wont happen again.

KINGDOM HEART II HAS EVERTHING TO DO WITH THE DEEP DIVE AND ANOTHER SIDE, ANOTHER STORY VIDEOS!

Sorry about the caps.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I have this trailer, im not good with computers so i'll do this

[url]www.gametrailers.com/vault-k.html[/url]

go down and klik on it and c it (if this is the same one as on page 2 forgive me, i couldn't c that because my comp is faulty)
Posted
The new guys with the symbols on them are called "Nobodies" and they are very much like the heartless. They are shapeshifters who answer to a higher power according to the latest Gameinformer. The guy weilding the two keyblades is a boy who says he wants to protect Sora, and you might even get to control him a little. They will most likely use the same levels they had in the first game, but add in Snow White, Atlantis and Mulan. I can't wait for it to come out, but the American representatives are unsure as to whether it will come out late 2004, or early 2005. But either way, I am just glad that they gave Sora normal sized shoes, and a better outfit. I hated his shoes from the first game.
Posted
i'm glad they changed Sora's shoes too! ^^ by the way, a really good place to go if you're looking for reliable KH info is
[url]www.ansemreport.com.[/url]

they have a bunch of info about KHII and Chain of Memories, which is really interesting. and i can't wait until both games come out! from what i've read, you need to play Chain of Memories for KHII to make sense...heh heh, i'd better start saving some money...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
Hey, that link really isn't working for me and I get strange code when I try to go there... like..

"´ò¿ª rpg.mnbvc.com Ö÷Ò³£¬Ñ°ÕÒÖ¸ÏòËùÐèÐÅÏ¢µÄÁ´½Ó¡£
µ¥»÷ºóÍ˰´Å¥³¢ÊÔÆäËûÁ´½Ó¡£
HTTP 404 - ÎÞ·¨ÕÒµ½Îļþ"

That. My AIM is "PloKoonDS" so if anyone could be a pal and send me a link or tell me how to fix this, please do so.

Thanks,

~Plo
Posted
I can't Wait! I'm going to buy both of them! They look so awesome! I love Sora! He's even cuter in this one!! ^^ I wonder if anyone know a date close to when its coming out, I know KH2 is expected sometime in 2005, but I know nothing about KH: Chains on memorys....I agree, It looks an aweful look like a 2D version of KH but I don't care. Sora is Sora! I'm still going to be on a waiting list 3 months before it comes out just so I can get them immediately!
  • 1 month later...
Guest Inuyasha7575
Posted
I cant wait for the new KH2 its going to have a new villian and Sora will once again have to restore order to Kingdom Hearts along with help from new allies like BHK(blonde haired kid) who supposedly wants to protect him and I hear Riku will be a playable character also Mickey but Sora will once again most likely be main playable character along with Donald and Goofy.
Posted
I think Chain of Memories is coming out sometime mid 2004. I also read in an interview with the director of KH2 that one of those guys wearing cloaks is a character from the last game. I however dont like how they added another keyblade weilder. Deep Dive was cool as hell, but it might take away from Sora's uniqueness. Eitherway, I am all over KH2.
Posted
Well I've only just started playing the original Kingdom Hearts now, so by the time I get bored with it, KH2 will have already been released. No waiting for me! ^_^

The one for GBA looks pretty groovy, portable Kingdom Hearts would be pretty cool. But saying that, it might suck alot. Which I hope it won't.
Posted
If you started it now, KH2 wont be out. A main drawback for me in KH is that it was too short. When I got towards the end, I was still in the 20 hour set. Then the end kept going and I hit the 30 hour set. Still, I wish it could have went on longer. I had it mostly beat in a week. So, sorry to break it to you Final Flash, KH2 wont be out in time. That is unless you plan to play KH 5-6 times at least.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by krippled master [/i]
[B]If you started it now, KH2 wont be out. A main drawback for me in KH is that it was too short. When I got towards the end, I was still in the 20 hour set. Then the end kept going and I hit the 30 hour set. Still, I wish it could have went on longer. I had it mostly beat in a week. So, sorry to break it to you Final Flash, KH2 wont be out in time. That is unless you plan to play KH 5-6 times at least. [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh heh; I meant by the time I get bored with it, not by the time I finish it. ^^

I'm not 100% finished yet (Still gotta get a Full Journal, Level 100, Ultimate Weapons...), and I've been playing for like 76 hours. 'sides, I've still got to do other things as well; Start a new game and get to Level 100 at Destiny Islands, try a Expert/No Magic/One Keyblade/No Abilities game. Trust me, KH2 will be long out by the time I'm finished with KH.
Guest Inuyasha7575
Posted
Hey man I just made it to Hollow Bastillion yesterday yay! I've had Kingdom Hearts since November 2003 I can't wait till I beat it.
Then have to sit and wait for KH2:( .
Posted
So you do everything you can in the game, thats cool. However Final Flash, they havnt set a date for the release, so you cannot say the game will be long out by the time you are bored. It may not even come out till 2005. Thats all Im saying.
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
Okay i know a lot about these games from a spread that Game informer and my own reashearch has done.
first Chain of Memories is a card battle system, that utilizes cards to do combos and special attacks,
the boy who looks like sora is the boy from the deep dive trailer at the end of KH 1, he is infact holding i think are the Otahkeeper and the Oblivion. that's all that i know for now, but i'll look for more.
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest ocarinaboy520
Posted
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories is mainly a connecting line between KH1 and KH2. There will be many similar characters and some from KH-Final Mix.
KH2 I don't know much about, but Deep Dive and Another Side, Another Story trailers have to do only with KH2 and not any other game.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[color=orange][size=1]*Holds up finger* So, Chain of Memories is a connecting storyline for KH? If you think about it, doesn't the game itself negate any need for Deep Dive and Another Side, Another Story?[/color][/size]
Posted
[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]I never finished the first KH, I'm not that great of a video game player, although I like to play. The new KHII game looks very interesting. I've heard that it contiunes the storyline of the old KH with some new characters and such. If I happen to get any money, I'll be sure to buy it.

The GBA version looks kinda like the old one. I'm guesing the only thing that is new is the characters and such. But if it introduces the storyline for the PSII game, what's the need for the movies? More revenue?

Also, who is the guy with the blonde hair and keyblade? I don't mind spoilers.[/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
yes chain of memeories will have similar characters.....but it is a card game.....which Is WAY different form the PS2 KH. I dunno if I'll see the movie.....depends on how good it looks heh
Posted
I never finished KH either im still stuck on trying to finish all the other levels so I can head of to Hollow Bastillion I don't know how you are supposed to beat Monstro the second time its to confusing. I love KH and can't wait for 2 no matter how long it takes I will wait for KH2 and buy it when it first comes out I also must have the PS3 must have it will revolutionize the gaming world. KH2 seems to be better than KH Chain of Memories I don't think I will be buying that game rather save up to buy KH2 since Chain of Memories will probably cost from $30 to $33 dollars like Poke'mon Ruby and Sapphire did when the first came out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...