OtakuBoards

Creative?...I think so...

TheGodlyME

Okay, I just made this to brag about a personal accomplishment. And if anybody else has something they wanna gloat over, post it on up here!

Okay, now, if everyone has been to the general anime section, you have probably seen the thing that says Cartoon Network is bein' sued because of FLCL. So, in one of my school classes(HEALTH of all places) we have to hand in an article relating to health, a summary, and a reaction each week. Now, I made a bet with my friend that I could hand in the afore mentioned FLCL article and get a perfect score (10 out of 10). I just got it back today, AND I WON!

I find it very uplifting to my creative spirit to take something almost completely not related to a subject, and turn it into a good score.

--I didn't put this in the anime section because it is not related to anime, rather to personal accomplishment, be they related to anime or not.

Interesting. How did you relate the FLCL article to health? I would have said something about the alleged mental effect of television violence on childrens' minds.... or whatever BS occurred to me at the moment. :P

~Dagger~

Here's something.

Your health instructor didn't even read the articles turned in. You got a good grade simply for turning something in. I've done it before, and it happens especially in Health/Phys Ed classes...Health classes more than anything.

Now, as for me...

I've turned in total ********, 8 page papers on Shakespeare, written in 2 hours, and gotten B+ or A on them.

I've written a 12 page paper comparing Dante's Inferno, Heart Of Darkness, and Apocalypse Now and gotten an A on it. I'm still revising it, adding to it, making it a scholarly article to be available for publishing.

I've improvised lectures off the top of my head.

I can quote verbatim, Monty Python And The Holy Grail.

I'm writing an epic poem that is 52 pages long, and only halfway complete.

I formed my own government with my high school friends (Viva La Cinnaminsonia). I created my own political system within Cinnaminsonia.

I am in complete control of my emotions and mind. I can will myself into calm.

I could go on, but I'll stop there...I'm tired.

Oh, and I've got pretty much the entire English Department in my pocket. Not the most proper way to say that, but it fits.

Ask and ye shall receive. You asked for other people to list success. I just did. Cheers!

EDIT: Oh, by the way, if you just turned in nothing but the article, that's blatant plagiarism. Hopefully you offered some interpretation on it...not that it matters. Your instructor didn't read the assignments handed in.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PoisonTongue [/i]
[B]Here's something.

Your health instructor didn't even read the articles turned in. You got a good grade simply for turning something in. I've done it before, and it happens especially in Health/Phys Ed classes...Health classes more than anything.

Now, as for me...

I've turned in total ********, 8 page papers on Shakespeare, written in 2 hours, and gotten B+ or A on them.

I've written a 12 page paper comparing Dante's Inferno, Heart Of Darkness, and Apocalypse Now and gotten an A on it. I'm still revising it, adding to it, making it a scholarly article to be available for publishing.

I formed my own government with my high school friends (Viva La Cinnaminsonia). I created my own political system within Cinnaminsonia.

Oh, and I've got pretty much the entire English Department in my pocket. Not the most proper way to say that, but it fits.

Ask and ye shall receive. You asked for other people to list success. I just did. Cheers!

EDIT: Oh, by the way, if you just turned in nothing but the article, that's blatant plagiarism. Hopefully you offered some interpretation on it...not that it matters. Your instructor didn't read the assignments handed in. [/B][/QUOTE]

ahhh who hasn't turned bum papers in and gotten good grades on them, I know I have.

But,besides that.....just as posion said usually the teachers don't review atricles, but hey maybe they did.

But good job on your work, did you go in to the issues of mental health on the article?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by craig8429 [/i]
[B]ahhh who hasn't turned bum papers in and gotten good grades on them, I know I have.

But,besides that.....just as posion said usually the teachers don't review atricles, but hey maybe they did.

But good job on your work, did you go in to the issues of mental health on the article? [/B][/QUOTE]

The course on Shakespeare was a high level English course, taught by Dr. Fitter, who is arguably one of the definitive human volumes on Shakespeare. He's got a PhD in Shakespearean study. I seriously doubt a true "bum paper" would've achieved more than a C. Just to let you know.

And...OK, yeah I'm SURE they read the article he submitted, when the article wasn't about ANYTHING related to the class, and still gave him a perfect score? Yeah...right. That is an example of lousy instructor performance and really, the instructor shouldn't be teaching if they:

A) Read the article and still gave him a perfect score.

B) Didn't read the article and still gave him a perfect score.

Sure they read it... :rolleyes:

well, i do have some accomplishment - but at a later time

anywho, yeah, most of my teaches just go around, ask you to pull out your homework, they look to make sure you at least tried on it, and give you a perfect score.
for my classes, most of my grades come from projects or tests/quizes.
some of my teachers will even just glance at it - for all they may know you coulda just written down garbage.

I mean, maybe your teacher did look and read it. if so, nice job on doing homework on something you like, its the best to do that. just last week I did a letter to Atlus Gaming complementing on their newer title, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (I highly recomend it ;) ) heh, buisiness letters, da best. heehee

[B] That is an example of lousy instructor performance and really, the instructor shouldn't be teaching if they:

A) Read the article and still gave him a perfect score.

B) Didn't read the article and still gave him a perfect score.

Sure they read it... :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]
Who cares? It's a stupid health class for god's sake. As for the person who made the topic, no the health teacher didn't read it, not he doesn't care about the class, and no you didn't really do a great job. I would've figured you'd pick up on it but I guess not.

*pops TheGodlyME's creative spirit with a spoon*

*eats with marshmallows*

Sorry to do that to you

*eating sounds*

I think that Harry, PT etc. may be quite right. It is highly possible the teacher never even read your work. Lazy people are not uncommon ~_^. However, if you would either tell us how you related an anime to Health, or give us a transcript of your work, or both, then we could have a much more rounded assessment. I have spent 2 hours or so on a 2 week project, and wrote a whole ton of stuff about a novel that I didn't really feel, and got top marks for it. Sadly, life is a lot about what people want to hear. As long as something sounds like you know what you are talking about, you will probably do OK. It is good to say what you think, but sometimes you need to say what others think... understand me?

well, I don't have many accompishments. . .

i learned how to count in Japanese up to 100
i've watched every Kenshin episode to date
i can read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in 3 hours
i can quote every single line of the Samurai X movie
i can PO my sis in 30 sceonds flat
i haven't broken a single bone (which is a feat in itself considering my atletic lifestyle-really!)
i've stayed up for a week straight before
i can cook! i've surprised myself!!
i can go days on end without eating chocolate-but it hurts
i suvived watching both of the LOTR movies without going to the bathroom

and here's the big one:
i am still alive after freshmen year
yep that's pretty much the basic. . . whew. . .

you can stay up without sleep for a week?! I find that inpossible, but hey, I belive ya. at least at the moment i do. I think the longest I've ever stayed is, like, two days.

yeah, I've got one now - I can count up to like 100 hundred in Japanese, French, Latin, and English (I would hope so!)

there's still a little more.

[B]Here's something.

Now, as for me...

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]I got one for you. I took a history class called the Black Death in college. It was a grad level class and I was under the impression that it had to do with various outbreaks of horrible diseases and there historical implications, the title for the class "Black Death" being but a reference to one of these instances.

Nope, the course title descibed the class, which focused on the Black Plauge during the 1400's. Our grade for the entire class was based on an essay that was a minimum of thirty pages and had no less than forty sources. The paper could not be broad, in other words you couldn't write about how the rat population carried the plauge, you had to be very specific, such as "Sanitation and extermination proceedures for rat infestation in London" (which was my topic).

I meant to withdraw from the class, but I missed the deadline. I wrote the paper in three days, two of which I spent looking for sources (I found forty-three when all was said and done but I only used three or four of them). I ended up getting my only A for the semester in that class...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kenshinsbabe [/i]
[B]well, I don't have many accompishments. . .

i learned how to count in Japanese up to 100[/B][/QUOTE]

Since when did this become an accomplishment thread?

Anyway, I know how to count to 999,999,999,999,999,999,999 in Japanese, so blah to you. kyuugai kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuukei kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuuchou kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuuoku kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuuman kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuu.

I take it 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 would just be juugai? If so... I could go on for awhile.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]kyuugai kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuukei kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuuchou kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuuoku kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuuman kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuu. [/B][/QUOTE] [FONT=arial]I don't know why, but I find this vastly amusing.[/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I got one for you. I took a history class called the Black Death in college. It was a grad level class and I was under the impression that it had to do with various outbreaks of horrible diseases and there historical implications, the title for the class "Black Death" being but a reference to one of these instances.

Nope, the course title descibed the class, which focused on the Black Plauge during the 1400's. Our grade for the entire class was based on an essay that was a minimum of thirty pages and had no less than forty sources. The paper could not be broad, in other words you couldn't write about how the rat population carried the plauge, you had to be very specific, such as "Sanitation and extermination proceedures for rat infestation in London" (which was my topic).

I meant to withdraw from the class, but I missed the deadline. I wrote the paper in three days, two of which I spent looking for sources (I found forty-three when all was said and done but I only used three or four of them). I ended up getting my only A for the semester in that class...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Nice work! Kudos.

I know what you mean about sources. Some papers, I just listed the books I checked out of the library, whether or not I actually used them.

Mmm...thirty pages. I'm looking forward to mammoth papers like that. I'm a bit sadomasochistic in that respect. I enjoy writing papers.

I wonder, if a topic like "Sanitation and Containment Procedures in London" would've been adequate. The topic is pretty narrow. Heh...depending on the instructor's comedic edge, one could incorporate Monty Python.

But yeah, nice work, indeed.

I'm planning my Dissertation paper/book. I may or may not go for a doctorate after my Master's, but I'm going to write my Dissertation anyway. Granted, it won't be called a Disseration if I'm not a doctorate student, but my idea intrigues me.

Off-topic, weren't you a Mod before? Or am I just going gloriously, fantastically, hop hop hoppingly mad?

I don't believe you're going mad.

I don't have anything, as of yet, to be outrageously proud of.
I guess I could say paying the Alto/Tenor/Baritone Saxophones is a good one, but honestly I didn't find it all that hard.

I'm sure something will come to me.

I can play the tenor and alto sax, but like he said, it's not hard. I submitted a drawing in this contest at my dad's work and won $200. Uhh... I've won most talented in my class 2 years straight. I won player of the year last year for softball (we went all the way to state!) I got a term paper sob story. This English last year was telling us all about this 15 page term paper we had to write on a foreign/ never heard of country. So, I picked Rwanda. I had a 40 page book and a little paragraph out of a encyclopedia to work with. *Sigh, I worked about a week on it. But I did it, and on time. My English teacher just happens to be the librarian at the same time and was alittle over worked. We all turned in our papers on this little desk by the door. A HUGE pile just sitting there a week... a month... a couple of months... 4 months... finally someone asks her what she is going to do with them. She said, oh, if you turned them in with writing you get 100! OK, I know some of ya'll will say nice! It was, but I wasted a whole week of stressing over this term paper! It was not cool! I mean, easy A but I will never live this down!

[size=1] I don't know about bum papers, but I've been in Honors Language Arts ever since sixth grade, and every time an essay is due I write the rough dragh and final the day before. ^_~ It usually takes me two hours, tops, and I've gotten 100s on every single one of them. :toothy: That's the only thing I can actually do in school without slaving over work. I guess that'll change when I get to high school.

And I personally think Health class is a waste a time for most of the part.

Hm....I play the cello and piano. I never practice the cello seriously and I've managed to be best in the cello section and uh...my piano playing is well above average but not great. Most of my friends say they only practice fifteen minutes a day. I think that's the reason I'm over average, since I practice an hour a day. Again, the cello thing will change when I get to high school; the orchestra is one of the best in Georiga and it's though competetion. ....I'm fluently bi-lingual. I don't think anyone really knows a language until they can think about stuff in that language in their head. So that goes for English and Korean. ...Yeah.

I'm gifted with speed-reading and managing to thouroughly understand the novel/essay/etc.

[i]And[/i]...in seventh grade I pulled my math grade up 10 points in two weeks. :toothy: [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AuroraDragon [/i]
[B]yeah, I think juugai is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.not sure though, don't quote me on that [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep, you're right. But I was interested in this awhile ago so I looked up some more information. I can do quite a bit better now:

kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuumuryoudaisuu kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuufukashigi kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuunayuta kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuuasougi kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuugougasha kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuugoku kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuusai kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuusei kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuukan kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuukou kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuujou kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuujo kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuugai kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuukei kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuuchou kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuuoku kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuuman kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuu

999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999

9.9 x 10^71

[color=green]wrist cutter, that's amazing... heh

I teach kids to read, or at least I used to before my program lost funding...no I have a corporate retail job that I hate. But I am really proud that I help make the populace more educated.[/color]

... yeah, my major accomplishments in school include getting a five on the AP Biology test (score is one to five, three being a passing) fours on the AP English Comp and AP US History, getting a 16/15 on a pop quiz I didn't read the material on so I pretty much Christmas tree-d, writing a 10 page story in one day, and, well, I guess getting a 1400 on my SATs.

I play piano pretty well, but that may be because I've been learning it since I was very young. I taught myself the basics of guitar in one night, and I haven't picked it up but twice since. I'm really lazy.

This is kind of a dumb thread just to brag about stuff you do. So, I'll shut up now.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]Yep, you're right. But I was interested in this awhile ago so I looked up some more information. I can do quite a bit better now:

kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuumuryoudaisuu kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuufukashigi kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuunayuta kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuuasougi kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuugougasha kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuugoku kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuusai kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuusei kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuukan kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuukou kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuujou kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuujo kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuugai kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuukei kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuuchou kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuuoku kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuuman kyuusen kyuuhyaku kyuujuu kyuu

999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999

9.9 x 10^71 [/B][/QUOTE]
yay! I'm right for a change.
This is quite amusing. It could go on for awhile though.

[B]Nice work! Kudos.

I know what you mean about sources. Some papers, I just listed the books I checked out of the library, whether or not I actually used them.

Mmm...thirty pages. I'm looking forward to mammoth papers like that. I'm a bit sadomasochistic in that respect. I enjoy writing papers.

I wonder, if a topic like "Sanitation and Containment Procedures in London" would've been adequate. The topic is pretty narrow. Heh...depending on the instructor's comedic edge, one could incorporate Monty Python.

But yeah, nice work, indeed.

I'm planning my Dissertation paper/book. I may or may not go for a doctorate after my Master's, but I'm going to write my Dissertation anyway. Granted, it won't be called a Disseration if I'm not a doctorate student, but my idea intrigues me.

Off-topic, weren't you a Mod before? Or am I just going gloriously, fantastically, hop hop hoppingly mad? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]I guy in my class had a topic like ?corpse removal and burial procedures? and he apparently incorporated one of Monty Python?s sketches, I never read the paper but my professor mentioned it the following semester.

I too am a glutton for scholarly punishment; I plan on pursuing my master?s degree this spring. I don?t plan on writing any more thirty plus page research papers in three days though, it is just too frustrating when you are on the thirtieth or so paragraph and you realize that your language usage throughout the paper is not consistent, lol.

And though you maybe ?gloriously, fantastically, hop hop hoppingly mad? you are right, I was a mod ;)[/color]