Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I've always found that I do my best writing really late in the evening, long after the rest of my family has gone to bed. I'm not exactly sure why, but I suspect it's because I'm somewhat more relaxed--not to mention tired--during that time of day. All I know is that my ideas flow far more easily and naturally at night. Silence may have to do with it as well; music or external noises tend to distract me from my thoughts.

Is this true for anyone else?

~Dagger~
Posted
I always have trouble writing. Chances are, this post will take me fifteen minutes to write (with the editing and what-not). I just can't find the right way to say things without getting convoluted, and keeping things simple - well, I make them [I]too[/I] simplistic.

Anyway, I probably do my best writing when I'm slightly erratic, and have little care/concern for what I'm writing about. Creativity and wit take over then. I know it sounds weird, but without the pressure and the double to quadruple-checking over of every sentence, my work seems to come out better. Haha, my grades can attest to that

EDIT: Wow, only 2-5 minutes! I guess I can - wait, no, I'm just erratic right now. :)
Posted
This is probably gonna sound stupid to you guys, but I always think of things when I'm just drifting in the car with no one talking to me(and no I'm not old enough to drive:p) I suppose you could call that strange but I guess it's just the drifting, without having to care about anything but my thoughts... anyway, I can relate to the late at night thing too.
Posted
I write the best when I cannot get what I am feeling out of my mouth. Writing collects my thoughts and puts everything into perspective for me.
Posted
Ah. I don't know, really. I wanted to say I write the best when I feel like writing what I write, but that's probably not even true. I haven't had any time to really sit down and write the ideas that have been floating around in my head for a long time ... but that's probably a lie, since I have plenty of time to do other random things (posting on this board, for instance).

Anyway ... that ended up having nothing to do with this. The only requirement I have when I'm writing (and I don't count RPG-writing in this) is that I'm alone. I can play music and stuff like that, but when other people around I get really self-conscious about what I'm writing. When I lived at home, I'd minimize the window whenever my parents walked in and I was writing stuff ... I'm really shy about my work. Which is odd, since I also end up wanting people to read it ...
Posted
[color=indigo]Haha I write best when I feel like writing XD....okay okay it depends when I get the ideas though I usually get them at the weirdest times when I can't write them down. Examples: in a boat watching my brother wakeboard (odd I know), or late late at night when I'm suppose to be sleeping but just can't get to sleep because of the ideas running through my head. I try and remember what i want to write about it, but I feel that when I write it down, its not just as good because I had forgotten some detail that I had when I couldn't write it down.[/color]
Posted
I write best, when I'm using my mind for a lot of thinking. Usually when I'm stressed. I can just come up with an idea and write about it for a long time.

I also right best when I'm feeling very weird. Not a bad weird... just weird. Eclectic can attest to that, she's read some of my work when I'm in a weird mood.
Posted
I usually write best when it's the evening (6:00) and music is playing. I have no clue why I can concentrate with music on. Doing homework, GOING TO SLEEP, writing, ya you get the point.
I actually type on the computer. That's called writing to me. See I'm writing right now and the vacuum is on!!!
But for some reason doing school assingments at home writing stories for school, I always have writers block. Weird also...
Posted
[font=arial]I write best in the evening, usually when there is music playing. Music from .hack helps me write the best, since it can apply to almost anything. I [i]always[/i] write best when I don't have to. If I have to, then I simply can't think of anything. That applies to almost anything I do.[/font]
Posted
I write best when I am distracted. When I am doing something else is when I do my best work. I think being distracted makes me concentrate more on my work. Now to much distraction will stop me from working but the perfect amount will help me. I enjoy writing a history report with the TV on the history channel because I can use some of the words the man on TV uses to describe stuff so sometimes it help.
Posted
I do all my best writing late in the evening too. I stay up till 2 AM or so writing usualy. And I'm usualy listening to music. .hack//sign soundtrack now for example. But regardless I can't just sit down and write, I have to imagine something for hours on end (and in 2 of my stories cases years), then refine it and write it down.
Posted
I write best when I'm depressed or stressed out, it helps to calm me.

Once I wrote a story with a fever of a hundred and six degrees farenheight, I thought I was going to die, and that kind of mindset spewed one of the best stories I ever wrote.

Go figure....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Angelus_Necare [/i]
[B] Once I wrote a story with a fever of a hundred and six degrees farenheight, I thought I was going to die, and that kind of mindset spewed one of the best stories I ever wrote.

Go figure.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Woah......hothead. (different meaning)

Anyway, I write best when I'm depressed because that's when I get all my ideas. I was so upset one night that I started a 300 page story. I got undepressed and didn't get pass the first page. When I start on something new I keep going until I realize I've calmed down or that I'm not all moody. Then I put it away until I'm depressed again.
Posted
[FONT=arial]lol, I can't make myself write. if I do, then whatever I write ends up looking like tripe. but if I start off just writing some rant or journal entry of some sort, then ideas start coming, and it's not painfully hard after that at least. this happens late at night, considering that's the only time I actually have all to myself. listening to music actually distracts me, because then I'll concentrate more on the song than what I'm supposed to be writing, lol.[/FONT]
Posted
yeah, i write best at night and late evening too...and when im at the computer. and when it rains. ussually things pop up when im in a meditative state or something...never when im boared or overworked or something. yeah.
Posted
[color=blue]It's really strange and erratic for me. Ideas could come to me anytime, and then I get really excited and have to write. I hung up on an ex of mine because I got the urge to write. Didn't go down to well...obviously.
But yeah, I can't write when I'm not in that mood. It has to be more then just the feeling of me wanting to write. I tried writing some poetry without much of an idea, and it was obsolutely shithouse. So yeah. [/color]
Posted
[size=1][color=CC0000]I write best and night/early morning when I'm bored and feeling sorry for myself. -.-; Everytime I concentrate when writing a poem or story it comes out forced and crap-sounding..[/size][/color]
Posted
[color=silver] the time of day doesn't affect me at all

i write my best when i feel an emotion strongly

whether it's sadness, happiness or anger...[/color]
Posted
[FONT=times new roman][COLOR=darkblue]
As for me I write the best I guess when that urge to write or type comes in. When it doesn't I write small stuff like this lol. Yah as you guessed it I'm not in the writing mode right now. [/font][/color]
Posted
[size=1] When I'm writing an essay for the first time that's due tomorrow. ^_~ No, seriously.

But in terms of my own stories, I usually write better in the night when I'm alone listening to orchestral music.[/size]
Posted
I always do best very late at night, after I've thought about what I'm going to write all day. From 10:00 at night to midnight, I always do my best.
And sometimes listening to my favorite music gives me good ideas. Heck, even listening to my least favorite teacher's ramblings give me ideas. (In other words, I get so darn bored that I start writing.)
Posted
I write best when I get emotional about something. Or I'm alone. When I'm alone, there's no one to break the soft rustling of the leaves, or the gentle whispering wind. Therefore, I can let nature (I know it sounds corny, but still) consume my soul and bring out what I feel deep down. Then, I usually express it on paper. But, sometimes it never reaches paper, but rather stays locked in my head until I forget it and can no longer open the lock for anyone else. So, actually, nature sets my mood, being alone just boosts it.
Posted
The best time I'd have to say I write is in the night. The time is usually around the time of 9-1 am. Or pretty much anytime it's dark out. Other then that, when I'm listing to music I'll write/type up poems and stories better.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...