OtakuBoards

X-play on Tech TV?

Vash's girl

I found this show on Tech Tv called X-Play. They show all the new trailors for games. It's a big video game review show! The hosts are hilarious. They take you inside Expo and that Tokyo game convention. It's the best show! I was wondering if anyone else has ever watched it? I'm not a total dork and watch tech tv on a regular basis, though. Uh, I wasn't sure whether to put this in the tv category or nintendo. So, if moderators want to move this, feel free!

I've seen I as well. Whenever I get home in time to see the whole episode (stupid bus).

I watched X-Play back when it was Extended Play with just Adam Sessler, then they got Morgan Webb to join him in X-Play. I agree with most of thier reviews (I liked Evil Dead: Fistfull of Boomstick) and it's always funny to see Adam at like an idiot.

I really like this show. It is helpful in the deciding of my next game. To bad it comes on at such a bad time. I used to tape it before I got TiVo; now all I have to do is just select it. It used to come Saturday twice and it was easy to see. I don't understand who the show is geared to but if its teens they really need to move the time

I don't really like the show anymore.

Back when it was Extended Play, I loved it. They were helpful and informative and always up to date on the latest gaming news. They were all about giving concise reviews and informing their audience on what was happening in the gaming industry.

However, the show has changed for the worse since the name change. They seem to be more about comedy than giving some good gaming news/reviews. I've sat through so many bad skits, that I've just stopped watching the show. Haven't seen it for about a month now.

I never watched Extended Play before. I love their comedy. Adam Sessler is so cute! He's just so darn adorable! I think they do a fine job reviewing games. I only have a Gamecube so I just kinda sit there and drool over games on the x-box or PS2. Yeah, it comes on late but I wtch it any way. I live in central so it comes on at 10:00. Sometimes I skip it., when I'm really tired.

I agree with Shinmaru, i hate the comedy. But i do love the reviews they really help me choose my games wisely. And i'm glad that they brought Morgan over because Adam hates most RPG's. Over all i think it is a good show, they could just take out their skits to make it better.

If you can't stay up till 11pm (eastern) it comes on at 4pm, it kind of blows if your in middle school though

[size=1] It's a video game show? Why else wouldn't I watch it?

Really, to tell you the truth, I [i]very[/i] rarely ever watch TV anymore. I did watch this show last night, though. Otherwise I haven't watched TV all this week..[/size]

[color=red][size=1][font=arial]I got excited when they added Morgan, to be quite honest. I've always liked her, and not just because she's friggin' hot. She was always great on The Screen Savers and her windows tips were quite helpful.

The problem is, she kinda seems out of place on X Play. Sure, she's big into gaming and anime, but you can tell she's not used to scripted scenes, and her acting tends to be a bit stiff at times. There are those rare moments when she's energetic and bouncing off the walls where she seems to be more in place.

Adam would be right at home if they'd let him be like he was on Extended Play. He was straight forward, cracked a joke or two, and got out what he thought about the game. Here he's made out to be some kind of sugar addicted gaming stereotype with an odd obsession to the term 'Dik Dik' (which is kinda fun to say).

All in all, I'll still watch it. The reviews are still great and they have some of the more recent gaming info. Plus, some of the comedy segments actually turn out to be enjoyable, and the reviews themselves can be quite funny.

--Chris[/color][/size][/font]

Guest StrikerX
Actually , i miss the show alot , but i watch it on a regular basis, well...

50% fo a regular basis, becauyse i'm a gamer. but not completly.