OtakuBoards

SYF:

liamc2

[COLOR=royalblue]Well, maybe you missed an earlier memo, but... oh for the love of Chi-Rho. I give up. Incase you could just take the yardstick out of your behind and go with the flow....we would all be happy. It's not impossible to take hinges off a door, and in the case of dorms in Singapore, if you've ever been there, it's very possible. On the other hand, you could also relax for once and acknowledge that there are agents superior to you.[/COLOR]

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=deeppink]P.S. How about you both get over yourselves and realize it's a goddamn RPG. Pointless bickering=nobody wanting to participate anymore. So, if I may be so inclined to ask you to stop, even if your animosity toward each other is minimal...it still sounds ridiculous.

-----------------------[/color]

[color=purple]After her shower, Bailey secured the small, thin towel around her body and started to dig through her bag of clothes. As she bent over to pull out a pair of dark, form-fitting jeans, the door to the room swung open and Rae breezed inside.

"Oh," becoming aware that her bare rear end was facing the door, Bailey grinned, "I think you just saw my ***."

Rae brushed it off with a flick of her wrist, "It happens."

Liam, face half covered with shaving cream, had been following Rae into the room and blushed slightly at the incident, "Sorry." He gave Bailey an apologetic smile.

"Don't worry, Liam, you're not the first male to lay eyes upon it." She watched his blush deepen, and she decided to drop it, "Did your bottle of shaving cream decide to attack you?"

"No," Rae pulled her hair out of the ponytail and headed for the bathroom, "I caught him shaving with my [i]knife[/i], so I hit him with some verbal assault and stole it back from him."

"Well I couldn't find my razor, what else was I supposed to do?"

Rae reappeared from the bathroom and tossed a travel razor at Liam, "Here."

He caught it and stared, "It's pink."

"With pink daisies on the handle." Rae winked and then locked the bathroom door behind her.

As the sound of the shower filled the room, Liam looked back up at Bailey. She was clad only in a thin white towel, her wet golden hair tumbling over the front of it.

Liam cleared his throat, as Bailey studied him with a curious smile, "I'll let you get dressed now." And he escaped without another word.[/color]

I concur with Baby Girl. Harlequin, don't antagonise. Put your complaints to me in a PM.
Raiha, please be more careful with reading.

[size=1]

Liam wandered back to his room, twirling the pink object in his fingers as he went. When he arrived at the basin he gave a quick shave and dunked his face in the sink, and shortly the razor thereafter. When the tool was spotless, the sink drained, and Liam started back, humming as he went.

With a militaristic turn, he faced the door before him. He knocked twice and resisted the instinct roaring inside him to sidestep out of the way. His resilience held and the door opened. Bailey smiled back, now dressed in more appropriate clothes.

?Good razor.? He said, grinning like a fool, ?I should endeavour to purchase one of my own.?

With a flick, the razor twirled through the air, Bailey caught it without blinking.

?Thanks,? she said. ?Rae?ll be while though.?

Liam shrugged, ?I?m not her keeper. If she wants me, I?ll be back up in the break room; I could really go for something carbonated right now.? He flicked a Singapore coin to emphasize his point. ?Then after that I shall assault someone and find out exactly when this party starts.? He caught the look in her eye. He gave a groan. ?I?m not serious. It?s called a figure of speech??

Bailey gave him a wry grin. ?I would have thought that you weren?t one to use them. The last person who used a figure of speech, you threw out of a window if I recall correctly??

Liam gave her a slanted look, ?surely my file isn?t that bad.?

?It?s the thickest of the lot, a novel even. The action scenes are pretty good, though it?s lacking in romance. The comedy doesn?t come through on the reports, but it?d probably make up for it.?

Liam raised an eyebrow

?From what I?ve heard from Rae, it?s there.? She said, grinning.

Liam just shook his head, it was the first time someone compared his life to a novel. Unbelievable.

?Right.? He said trying figure if he should be flattered or worried, ?I?m going to get that drink now.? He half turned, stopped, and looked back at Bailey, ?feel like drinking something that?s probably going to give you cancer but has tasty bubbles in it??

?Anything stronger??

Liam laughed. ?I?ve seen way too many bad encounters in my life when it comes to alcohol love, and the ways it can be perverted.? He sighed and faced her. ?We were stationed on a mission in Siberia, Summer months. Back in the days when I had an older agent as a partner you see.

?Well my older agent was partial to a tipple every now and again, so when he noticed a street peddler with a ware of Vodka, he bought a bottle. Naturally I was confused, but he told me it was for when he was off-duty, when we were on the plane we were heading to for our dust-off.

?Sure enough we arrived at our pick up point and we were in the air, he unscrewed the top and started chugging away. We were home free.

?He was a man to hold his drink, he could drink half a bottle and still be coherent enough to recite Shakespeare. Problem is, alcohol lowers your senses, delays your reaction time by half a second. And that?s all it takes.

?The Hercules came under fire, a couple straps on the cargo were shot. The jeep rolled back just as we hit a forty five degree angle to get out of range. We both saw it at the last second, I leapt, he didn?t. By the time he realised, it was too late.?

Bailey just grinned. ?That?s a bit extreme,? she said.

Liam gave a small smile and said, ?That?s how life is.?

The rubber tiles muffled his footsteps as he walked down the hall.[/size]

[size=1]Rae walked out of the bathroom, towelling her hair down. "That Liam I just heard? If he's poking his nose in too much, tell him to shove off. Can you chuck me that shirt?" She pointed to a sleeveless black shirt lying on her bed.

Bailey threw her the shirt, and Rae retreated to the bathroom to dress. When she came out -- dressed in cargo pants and her shirt, Rae sat on the floor and started stretching. First she went into a simple back twist, wincing as the vertebra clicked back inot place. She rolled her neck and cracked her fingers working out the kinks there.

Rae grinned at Bailey. "That's what working with Liam will do to you."

"I've got my fair share of kinks, anyway."

"And you've only just met him!" Rae exclaimed, winking and then going back to her stretches.

Rae grinned at her a couple of minutes later. "I'm goign to go get something to eat. Want to come? Liam tends to hang around the break room, because he's a lazy bum who doesn't like to speak to people.

"Me, I go to the mess hall. You pick up interesting things there. Agents talk to each other, if not civillians. Come on, I'll introduce you to a few people."

Rae grabbed Bailey's hand and pulled her along. "Besides, I need to keep my mind of things. Oh, I'm so nervous. I hope everything goes right for Matt tonight!"

[b]I have to go. It's my mother's birthday and we're going out.[/b][/size]

OOC: Sorry for not posting for a while. Net was down Thursday and Friday I had a drama production and didn't get back till late.

[size=1][i]Bradley came out of his room and saw Rae and Bailey walking down the hall. He lengthened his stride a bit to catch up with them.

"Mind if I stick with you guys, Liam has nicked off somewhere and I got nothing to do." He turned his attention to Bailey. "We haven't formally met yet. I'm Bradley. Call me Brad though if you want."

"I'll do that, I'm Bailey," she replied shaking his offered hand.

"So where we goin?" He asked Rae.

"We're headed to the mess hall to get some breakfast. I was going to introduce Bailey here to some other agents. I'll introduce you as well if you'd like"

"Thanks. That'd be great."

They continued on down the hall past the dorms and back into the headquarters. Looking at Rae Bradley made a mental note to find out how she memorises the directions around the place. To Bradley, the headquarters could rival egypt in maze making.

Eventually they made it to a large canteen looking place. There were numerous tables with long benchs attached to them which could fit about five people a bench. At the far end there were the buffets where staff were serving people.

The three of them grabbed plates and got their food. They then sat down at a table with a group of agents who Rae began speaking with.

~TUN[/size][/i]

[color=darkgreen][font=gothic][i]The room was pitch black when Malania awoke, and incredibly hot. She had crashed on the second bed and removed most of her clothing during the night, and still was covered in sticky sweat. Standing slowly in the disorientating darkness, she navigated her way over to where she thought the ensuite door was. Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark. Using this device, Malania "found" Katarina's bed, and then "found" the open door. Sighing, she slipped through it and groped at the wall until the vent-cord was located. The thin stream of light shot through and illuminated the small bathroom, and Kat standing in the doorway. Malania jumped, surprised, and then embarrased. She was not in top-secret-agent mode this morning.
Ignoring Kat's disapproving smirk, she stripped the rest of the way and half fell into the shower, turning on both taps equally and hoping it wouldn't result in a bad experience.

Kat left the room after turning off the hot water tap in the shower, jolting Malania into her full, awake self.

Five minutes later both russians strode confidantly out of the bedroom door, fully dressed, fully armed, and Katarina nursing a bruised collar bone. [/i][/color][/font]

[size=1]

Liam pulled the can from the machine and dropped into one of the seats. It was always quiet here; everyone just stopped coming here for some reason?probably because he frequented it.

The cold lemonade bubbles tickled his throat on the way down. He sat the can down on the table and opened up his laptop. The wireless LAN activated and Liam began trawling through data.

?Restaurant is clear?so is the whole block. That?s good; Matt would?ve checked it all out anyway I suppose??

Liam opened files on Triad activity, and found everything centred on the hotel that Bradley was supposed to play decoy at. It was weird, nothing to do with the Triads had ever been this focused.

He sighed and slapped the laptop closed. They could always swing by the restaurant this evening on the way to the hotel, just for a cursory sweep?

?He?s not even my brother?why should I care??

Liam tucked the laptop under his arm and left the room.

?Over seven hours to go?? Liam tossed the empty can in the rubbish bin at the entrance to the mess hall. ?Bradley needs to be in position by lunch time?so five hours?getting him and his father through customs and out of the airport, one to two. By the seventh hour we need to have everything set up and ready in the opposite building??

Liam grabbed another drink from a vending machine near the door and sighted the table that Rae and the others were seated at and made his way over.

?So if Rae and I make a random patrol in the car, we can check on Matt, through the window?Bradley will get captured according to plan and then we can get this show on the road.?

With that last mental note Liam sat at the table and opened the lemonade.

Rae looked him up and down. ?You?ve been thinking about the mission again.? She said bluntly.

?Yeah. We should start getting kitted up in two hours. By then the Singapore police will be here to ?arrest? us. We?ll all pile into the unmarked police car and head to the hotel. Bradley will be already at the airport by the time we arrive. We?ll set up a base of operations with the Singapore police and laser the windows.?

To laser the windows meant to set up a sophisticated communications bug that monitored the vibrations in a windowpane and converted it to stereo sound. All through the miracle of laser technology.

?Rae and I will be on the ground. Katarina and her?Russian friend?will be on standby should anything go sour. Bailey and Zharra with be monitoring all communications and will aid the Singapore officials.?

Liam paused to let it all sink in before continuing, ?all of us will be kitted up with bulletproof gear and with carry our standard arms, no matter what. As we [I]want[/I] Bradley here to get captured, we will not move in unless the Singapore police order a sting. If so, Katarina will move in with her friend and twelve or so Singapore Riot police, all carrying the heavy weaponry.

?Rae and I will signal when the Triad arrive and then we can get this party started. If all goes well, Bradley will be cooling his heels in a Triad holding cell tonight. We will locate his position through a satellite tracker that will be inserted into his lower back.?

Bradley?s eyebrows went up. ?Insert a what what into where??

?All of which will be painless I assure you. Once Bradley is inside he will play up the role of a frightened kid, you know, ?my daddy is a powerful man? etcetera etcetera. Bradley will give us a signal when something crops up. For example, reference to a European connection being in the building, reference to any plots stored on local computers. If nothing happens, we will simply infiltrate the base, extract him, and retrieve our information from there. Clear??

?Crystal.? Rae said. ?You think way too much about this sort of thing.?

?Yeah, I do.? Liam placed the can on top of his head and balanced it. ?Which gives me the right to do this.?

Liam slowly stood up and did a lap around the table with the can on his head. At the completion of it, Bradley picked up his own drink and followed suit.

Rae shook her head in disbelief. ?Nice to know they?re a [I]mature[/I] lot, isn?t it, Bailey??[/size]

[color=deeppink]'Kitted up'? Crazy Australian lingo...I'm glad I at least know what that means :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/color]

[color=purple]"Yes," Bailey hid a smile behind her hand as the corners of her eyes crinked up in delight, "you'd never even guess that this was a [i]youth[/i] force."

"Never." Replied Rae seriously, shaking her head in agreement.

Bradley finished his rounds and flopped back down into his chair, "I must have missed the part of the rules where it said having fun was [i]against[/i] the rules."

They laughed at the joke and Bailey threw Liam a sidelong glance, "Liam just doesn't care about breaking them, aparently."

"Isn't that the truth." Rae chided, rolling her eyes in his general direction.

"Well I'm satiated." Bailey stood and picked up her tray, "I'm going to go figure this place out." She waved a hand next to her head, signifying that she wanted to explore the headquarters.

"Don't get too lost." Bradley said as he thought about the overwhelming complication of navigating around the building.

She grinned, wryly, "Well that'd just be a part of the adventure."

~~~

Bailey was in the mood to meet people. Well, then again, wasn't she always? She already found great pleasure in being around her fellow agents which was a really good sign. No one seemed too pretentious, something that she had expected a lot more of. Bailey figured that misconception came from the fact that most of the people she had started out training with had come from different, much more elite backgrounds than her and had done everything in their power to let everyone else know. She knew that if it hadn't been for her personality and charm, she probably would have been set aside as the group outcast.

As Bailey turned down a random hall, she smiled at the irony that had befallen her fellow trainees. She and one other male were the only ones who had completed the full training, and both of them had come from the same juvenile detention center. The three other trainees who had come from a long, ancestoral line of elite agents hadn't been tough enough to finish. She hadn't realized it at the time, but years of living by the law of the unforgiving Parisian streets had hardened her tolerance far beyond that of many other people her age.

As she turned down another hall, Bailey got the sense that she was falling deeper and deeper into the back of the complex. As she made her way along the hard tiled floor, she heard voices and raucous laughter echoing along the walls.

When she found its source, Bailey took a small intake of breath at the delight of it, "Hello, care if I join you?"

The attention of the three males, that Bailey judged to be roughly 18 and 19, instantly shifted from the TV screen to her. When they simply looked at her in wonderment, she stepped inside the room, "I noticed the video games."

One of them laughed at the silence that had fallen over the room with the girl's random arrival, "Sure, come on in. We're not on duty this week so we're holing up in front of this evil TV. Mind if I ask who you are?"

"I'm Bailey," she extended a hand to the one who had spoken, "and I'm a big video game junkie."[/color]

[size=1][i]After a very much amusing 'can on head race around the table' It was time for Bradley to go get the tracker implant. He and Liam left the two girls to head down to electronics to get it put in.

They entered an electronics labratory and Bradley was instructed to sit down on small black stool. He did so and watched as they prepared the tracker. He nervously watched, though showing no expression, as they prepared a rather long pointy thing that they were to put it in with.

"Remember what I said about it being painless?" Liam asked as they were just about to insert it.

"Yeah," he replied, his voice steady.

Liam grinned, "I lied."

As the tracker was inserted, an excriciating pain shot all the way up his spinal cord. A bead of sweat trickled down his head but much to Liam's annoyance he showed no sign whatsoever of the pain he felt.

"Damnnit. I hate it when we get the smartass ones who don't feel pain. They're no fun." Liam said pouting.

Bradley smiled weakly as he rubbed his spine.

"Better get ready. You'll have to leave your gun though, it'll look out of place."

Bradley's expression darkened.

"You're lucky I like you, or I'd hit you right now."

Liam grinned and they exited the electronics lab.[/size][/i]

~TUN

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Having found...her own....um...dorm, she obtained her personals through various serriptitious movements, she made her way down to get her tracker.

Without breaking anything, she succeeded on all counts and secured her weapons, aside from her gun. And it hurt....but hey, the old adage beat into her head by Ananda. "No pain no gain." Then she caught up to Liam and ruffled his hair. Of course, he dodged the movement and went for a sling-you-over-the-shoulder move. In a classical Juadiar move, she dropped into the complete side splits and dragged his arm with her. Liam laughed and collapsed into a heap. Bradley looked composed, if a little surprised at her insanity.[/i]

Liam: You're just like her.

Zharra: Nonsense. I'm only her cousin.

Liam: You .....I dunno.

Zharra: You'll see. And so will you, dear Bradley.

Bradley: Dear?

Liam: Like I said...

[i]Zharra grinned, eyes snapping and sparking playfully. She had dressed in another sarong and classical dress, twisting her hair back in the native style. The only thing different about her was the eyecolor.... yellow. But oh well. Liam grinned back and surveyed her style of dress.[/i]

Liam: Now getting back to the blending part.

Zharra: The cheap prostitute look.[/COLOR]

[size=1]Liam just shook his head. Same old humour, and morals. He nodded to Bradley. ?This guy here just got himself the SAT implant. Completely biodegradable, the white blood cells will take care of it in a week or two.?

?You mean I don?t have to undergo surgery to get it out??

?Yahuh. By the end of the mission it?ll be gone.? Liam faced Zharra. ?Speaking of which, you?ll be with the Singapore police and Bailey, monitoring communications.?

?Right then.?

?You get to track ickle Bradley?s progress on the SAT screen.? Liam grinned.

Bradley frowned, ?can I say I don?t like you, hit you, and then say I liked you??

?You spoke about ze mission?? Katarina queried.

Odd how she just appeared?Liam couldn?t help but notice Zharra?s eyes narrow as she appraised Katarina and her friend. They?d only known each other for how long, and they already disliked each other? Interesting?

?Yes. I?ve just informed Zharra here that she?ll be monitoring communications with Bailey. You and- he waved a hand to Malania-

-Malania.?

?Yes, Malania. Right, well, you two will be on standby with the Singapore police, should anything turn foul.?

Katarina nodded. Liam took that to mean she agreed.

?Right,? he said, ?can we move to somewhere less claustrophobic? This corridor is getting a bit crowded??

?I?m feeling thirsty myself,? Bradley mused. ?To the break room!? He proclaimed, one hand pointed down the hall.

?Yes! To the break room!? Liam cried, pivoting Bradley so that he pointed down the other end of the hall.

Liam and Bradley began striding down the hall for what would ensue to be an amusing event of ?can on the head around the table.?[/size]

[size=1]When the two boys reached the break room, Rae was sitting on the bench and swinging her legs, twirling her hair and looking at her crossword puzzle.

"What's a word that means 'Thin Nail.' Four letters. Starts with a B." She demanded without looking up. "Oh, never mind...'BRAD'."

Liam walked over to her, and Rae ignored him. He stood for a second, then lifted up her legs to gain access to the cupboard below her. Rae stayed where she was, waiting. When he bent down, she ploncked her feet back where they had been, and grinned at his outraged cry.

"Speaking of which, how are you?" She asked Brad. "Those bloody injections hurt something chronic. I'm so glad I don't have to get one."

"Well, actually Rae..." Liam started, standing up.

Rae ignored him. "[i]Like[/i] I was saying, I'm so glad I don't have to get one, and anyone who tells me that I do will be a lot of trouble, even for my temper."

"Besides which, I have a tracker implanted in my earrings. As long as I don't take them off, someone will know where I am."

Rae held out a soda to Brad, who took it and then sat himself next to her on the bench. "Thirteen down. Seven letters. 'Skin at the edge of the nail.' Cuticle." Rae examined her own hands. "Gah. What have I been doing with myself?" She sighed and picked at her nails, pouting slightly.

"Hey Liam," Bradley asked, checking his watch. "When do we need to get going."

Liam grinned sheepishly. "About 5 minutes ago. I wanted another Soda, though." He balanced the can on his head. Rae sighed and shoved him, causing the soda can to clatter to the ground.

"You could have told me. I'm not nearly ready enough! I haven't yet packed my bags!" And she turned and pretended to cry on Bradley's shoulder.[/size]

[size=1]Bradley patted Rae's back in a sarcasticly sympathetic fashion. He then turned to Liam.

"So, Liam. Can we go yet, I'm starting to get restless already."

"From what I've noticed, you've been restless the whole day."

"I get like that when I'm . . ."

"Nervous," Liam cut him off.

"Yeah, well you wouldn't be particularly calm if you just had a chunk of metal shoved into your back and had the prospect of sitting in a cold metal room getting the stuffing knocked out of you."

Bradley suddenly felt better. Having his fears ousted took osme of the nerves away and he felt himself ready to begin.

"Alright. We'll get going then. We'll have a taxi ordered for Bradley here and he'll be transported to the airport to meet his new father. Once he is on his way the boys in blue'll come and arrest us. We'll then set up operations at the station."

He turned to Zharra.

"We need you to go find Bailey first though. I haven't seen her since she left us at the canteen.

She nodded and left. The rest of them rose and left to get their things in order. On the way back to their rooms Liam pulled Bradley aside.

"Now you know what you've got to do once you've been captured?"

"Kinda."

"You need to act the rich little snot. Once they've given away the information we need, then you can act. Do what it takes but be careful. From what I've seen you should be able to handle yourself fine without a weapon. You'll need to get us a signal."

"I've got a pretty good idea of what I intend to do." Bradley said confidently.

"Plan to share that with us huh?" Liam prompted.

"Well you said before that for ransom that the triads like to record DVDs as ransom notes?"

"I do."

"Well for my signal you should get a rather interesting DVD in the mail."

Leaving Liam, Bradley went into the room and began to gather the things he required, begrudingly packing his revolver away.

~TUN[/size]

[color=purple]Bailey had lost herself in the pleasant company of the three boys. When she realized with a jolt that she had been gone for a half an hour, she jumped up, thanked the boys, and hurried down the hall. She didn't really know [i]where[/i] she was going, so she tried to place certain markings in the hallways to help locate herself.

It took longer than she had hoped, but her natural knack for direction had enabled Bailey to find her way back to their shared rooms. When she found Rae sitting on her bed, bags packed, Bailey was supremely embarrassed.

"Where did you get lost?"

Bailey set to work quickly shoving items into her duffle back, "I got sidetracked."

"Liam was looking for you. We need to leave now that you're back."

Bailey heard the unintentional slap of guilt in Rae's words, and she quickened her pace, "I'm sorry."

Rae studied Bailey as her roommate finished zipping up her belongings. She realized that Liam was likely to be short with the newest recruit, so she capped her own annoyance as she stood up and stretched, "Hey, don't let Liam get to you if he's at all upset about you being late. He means well, he just wants to get everything done right and on time."

Bailey looked up and gave Rae a grateful smile, "Thanks, Rae. I feel like the biggest idiot rookie right now."

"It happens. I'll have to tell you some of [i]my[/i] stories some time."

Liam burst suddenly into the room, eyes fixing on Bailey, "You're alive."

She gave him a dazzling smile, "And well."

"And ready." Rae pitched in.

"Good!" He let out a deep breath of air, "Let's get a move on. We're already behind schedule." With one last steely look at Bailey, Liam burst out of the room just as noisily as he had burst in.[/color]

[size=1]

[b] 19:32: Streets of Singapore [/b]

Bradley was in position. His ?father? had left for his business meeting as scheduled. He would be returning at nine. The Triad had left their run late?but Liam wasn?t surprised. It was starting to get dark now, and it was easy to hide in the shadows made by the streetlights. He and Rae were currently sitting on the curb undercover, wearing out their thumbs on a pair of linked Game boys. The ruse was working quite well. It wasn?t an uncommon sight, there was little to do in the heat and it was often too humid indoors.

Liam grinned and waved goodbye to some American exchange students that he had been racing in Mario Kart.

?You are such a child.? Rae muttered.

Liam just smiled. ?It helps to know these things Rae. I?ve been living here for a lot longer than you have. This generation of youths over here tend to sit out on the street and show off their technology. We?re casual.?

?We?ve been casual for the past four hours. According to Bailey He?s watching TV.?

It was one thing to talk about the mission in low-key conversation, but to mention Bradley?s name would have been too much of a leak.

?Matt should be arriving at the restaurant soon.? Liam said conversationally, slotting in another cartridge.

Rae gave a little squeal of delight. ?I know! Isn?t it exciting? They?re going to get married and?? She paused. ?How did you know they were arriving soon? As far as you know they could have seen a movie first??

?You?re not the only one that finds things out Rae.?

?Whatever. Even your antics couldn?t dampen this for me.? She grinned and looked up into the sky. ?To think, Matt?s getting married. I can?t imagine him with kids.?

Liam took a chip from the bag between them and pushed his sunglasses back up his nose. He nonchalantly observed the tiny figure of Matt as he helped the even smaller Karen out of a taxi down the other side of the street.

?They just arrived.? He said, still focused on the little screen. ?Later on we should just drop past, we can observe Their actions from down there as well.?

By ?Their? Liam meant the Triad.

?I suppose?but?we can?t do that. It?s his moment, I don?t want your ugly mug peeping through the window just as he proposes??

Liam took a sip from a bottle of water. ?Come off it Rae, you know very well that I?m beautiful; it?s in my genetics. I mean, look at Jess, she was stunning, even you admitted it once.?

The clenched feeling in Rae?s stomach faded. Liam had finally moved on and put it in his past. That was good, that was really good.

?Yeah well, I think she got all the good looks in the family, not to mention the social talent.?

Liam cocked his head towards her, smiling slightly. ?Come now, I?ve got lots of friends, all attracted by my wily charms.?

?Name one.?

Liam looked over the top of his bronzed sunglasses at her. ?You. Now, seeing as you?re a friend, chuck in your Zelda and we?ll get some serious team playing happening.

[b] 20:10: Triad Presence detected [/b]

?Triad contingent moving. Old Mitsubishi heading in, the guy who shot me is in the back seat?? Liam muttered, seemingly into Rae?s ear. His face was out of sight from the members of the van.

[I] ?Ok. Putting team on standby. You and Rae are free to continue to sit on your butts??[/I]

?Understood.?

Liam stood and stretched, pulling the earphones from his Discman out. He looked down the street and saw a rather flashy limo pull up at the restaurant. Four or so Caucasian businessmen stepped out, quite tipsy. He smiled, they looked so out of place, yet they came to discover some of the culture.

?C?mon,? he said, nudging Rae with his foot, ?let?s get some eats.?

?Mmmf??

?Let?s check on Matt.?

?But,? Rae looked torn between dilemmas, ?oh alright, but we just keep on walking after we?ve peeked through the bamboo blinds.?

?Deal.?

Liam helped her up and slid the Discman and the Game boy into a Velcro sling around backpack. Very casually both of them crossed the street and ambled down the sidewalk, talking about fictitious things like University exams. They smiled at the locals, they smiled back and answered their questions about directions.

Perfect.

After what seemed an age, they were in front of the Restaurant plate glass window.

Liam peeked first.

And swore.

?Rae, arm your Glock.?

Inside, the businessmen were holding Silenced Uzi?s, low calibre from the looks of it. Nice and quiet. There was a waiter dead on the ground; it appeared that he had a standard bodyguard Nickel Plated M9 Berretta by his side. Matt was unconscious and Karen was slung over the shoulder of one of the men.

Rae blanched when she realised what she was seeing. Not surprisingly, she swore.

Liam was already through the door. The first round hit one of the men square in the chest, Liam?s adrenaline kicked up a notch when it ricocheted off. Heavy armour.

The blast of the hand-cannon seemed deafening to the hiss of the Uzi-rounds as the whistled between his legs, biting into the carpet. Liam leapt over the bar and the wooden veneer took the damage. Rae was already there to greet him.

?How??

?Side entrance,? she said plainly.

?Where?re the suits??

Rae scrunched her face up in thought. ?There.? She pointed through the bar wall. ?Not that it?ll do you much good, there?s no way they?ll let your head up to shoot.?

?Don?t have to.? Liam said.

He lined up his pistol with her point. The Triangular barrel pressed against the veneer. The Uzi?s rounds wouldn?t have enough velocity to penetrate at that distance, but a hollow 9mm round definitely would.

There was a scream of pain as Liam fired. He grinned, knee cap shot. He leapt to his feet to take the rest down, and was greeted with a bloodstain on the floor.

They?d run away, and taken Karen with them.

'Damn damn damn! What the hell is going [i]on[/i]?'[/size]

[size=1]Life was [i]so[/i] exciting. He'd been sitting, watching tv for at least an hour. And it wasn't fun. It isn't very easy to just sit calmly and watch tv when you know that any second you could be whacked over the head by a triad.

Although he doubted they'd catching him by suprise. He had a knack for telling when people were near. It came from a mix of martial arts and meditation heightening his awareness of his surroundings, and the fact that he had a million little cousins who all took immense pleasure in sneaking up on unsuspecting relatives and dumping frogs down their shirts or the like. Even without the martial arts it wasn't very difficult to be paranoid about people being near with visions of jelly down your pants.

Bradley felt a prickle down the hairs on the back of his neck.

[i]They're here[/i] he thought. There was the faintest of creaks in the adjoining room to the central hotel room area. He pretended not notice it and continued watching tv.

Softly footsteps crept up on him. He braced as something came over his face and everything faded out.

He woke up and everything was a blur. His vision cleared and he saw the dark steel of a jail door and wall. His hands were binded behind the wooden chair he sat on but his feet were free. He was counting on that for when he made his move. There was a video camera on a tripod in the corner of the room which he also needed.

There was a squeak as the cell door opened. Three chinese . . . gentlemen entered the room. The first moved behind him, the second in front of him and the other prepared the camera.

The one standing in front of Bradley spoke.

"Do you know why you are here boy?" He asked in fractured english.

"You . . . You'll p p pay for this. M my father is a p p powerful man."

"I am sure. Tell us what you know of your father's business."

"I . . . I won't t t tell you anything, you b bastard."[/size]

[color=darkgreen][font=gothic][i]Malania was enjoying a clove cigarette with a local when she heard the shots. Glancing first at the place it sounded from, to appear normaly surprised, she then took a look at Katarina, a fellow tourist, who was trying on large banana leaf hats and posing for the throng of singaporian children laughing and dancing around her. She had heard it too.

Thanking the woman who had shared her cigarette, Malania crushed it with her sneakered toe and asked a passer by to take a happy-snap of her and the woman just to keep up the image. By that time Katarina had "discovered" this "fantastic" looking alleyway that they just [/i]had[i] to check out.

Once they were down there, outside the kitchen entrance, Katarina had lost whatever it was that facinated her.[/i]

Malania: Well, if you can't think of something to take a photo of soon, people will start thinking we're not tourists. You know asians hate well dressed people who give the appearance that they're in the country for a reason [i]other[/i] than to spend heaps of money on crap...

Katarina:...vat?

Malania: Never mind. Think of something to do, and quick, or we'll get noticed.

Katarina: By who?

Malania: Hey, you and I have done exactly what those guys in zere are doing. If you were them, you'd send a scout. I know you're intelligent as all vatever, but don't underestimate them! Not now!

[i]Katarina ditched the bright tourist gear and advanced on Malania.[/i]

Kat: You know you get ze cutest accent ven you're stressed?

[i]Malania thought to get even more stressed, but abandoned the idea when Katarina didn't stop advancing on her until they were pressed against the wall. Ripping off Malania's crazy sunglasses and camera, she kissed Malania's neck passionately just as a burly looking, well dressed man burst out of the kitchen door.
Kat withdrew and looked pissed off, the guy smirked, looked down the corridor and swung back inside. [/i]

Malania: Got damn you. And what makes you think that would work anyway?

Kat: We're two sexy chicks. He'll not get ze sight out off his head all day, but somehow I don't sink he'll be alert enough link it to the attack.

Malania: I'll give you that.

[i]Redecking the absurd tourist gear, the pair stood comfortably against the wall, casually not feeling uncomfortable at all.[/i]

Malania: Again?

Kat: Maybe later.[/color][/font]

[font=gothic][color=indigo][i]Malania was in the middle of rather pointedly not taking "later" for an answer when the shot rang out, low and almost indistinguishable from the rest of the raucous street noise. Katarina immediately pushed Malania away, and incidentally behind her foor some reason, and flicked her wrists, Yarygin falling into one, a throwing spike backhand into the other. The alley wasn't a dead end, but that didn't matter much, nobody was really paying enough attention to notice. Which meant no one was paying enough attention to pose anything of a real threat. Katarina motioned to Malania, and ran out the opposite side to the alley they'd gone in. The entrance to the restaurant was around the front. Katarina believed an ambush to be inherently more practical though. Navigating the street was difficult though.

For about a minute. Then, all of a sudden, the flow of people seemed to disintegrate. In one case, fairly literally. A rather cliche black van roared through, causing people to dive out of the way. Katarina stopped in her tracks and glared at it. No doubt, they'd been beaten to the jump. She considered, for a second, firing wildly at it, but it was definately too a) Hollywood style, and more to the point b) American. And we couldn't have either of them. Besides, with the amount of people around here, they had a more than sufficent number of human shields.

Malania had already retreated as far out of the crush. Despite the hit and run victim rather blatantly sprayed across a portion of the street, the confused crowd was regaining equilibrium with remarkable alacrity, and an even more remarkable lack of altuism....Of course, it probably was an every day occurance they knew better to get involved in. Malania, having drawn the same conclusions Katarina had, had immediately attempted to get herself in a position where she could get to the restaurant more easily.

Katarina cut a diagonal through the crowd, a few slower moving cars making the job slightly easier. They joined up just at the back door, which was in fact a loading bay. Liam and Rae had just burst out the door, looking around in frustration. Liam's gaze immediately fell on the two, his voice dripping acid.[/i]

Liam: I thought you two crash hot KGB agents were on back up duty?

[i]The throwing spike ended up a few inches left of his head in the wall.[/i]

Katarina: Fock you. You vant me to kill twenty or so people shooting vildly at a moving van with little to no effect, zen vine, I do zat. But until zhyou clear it with Zingapore's authorities, zhyou don't push me.

[i]Liam pulled the knife out of the wall and hurled it at the ground in anger. Katarina rolled her eyes, then her shoulders, bracing for a fight. She didn't care whether her point was taken or not, because there wasn't anything they could really do from here. There wasn't a lot she cared to do either. Rae seemed to be taking it more calmly than Liam, but she still glared daggers at the two. Malania raised an eyebrow at her, then slowly opened her mouth and ran her tongue seductively over her teeth. Rae's eyes narrowed, and she deliberately, pointedly, turned away. She muttered something to Liam under her breath, all Katarina could catch was "...Russian idiots..." and "...damned liability...". Which suited Katarina fine. After all, it sure as hell hadn't been her idea to end up here.

Liam muttered something in reply, softer than either of the two could pick up, and motioned them over. Katarina unobtrusively flexed her fingers. Nothing happened though. Liam motioned them inside. Katarina lingered a moment to retrieve her knife, then followed the other three.[/i]

Liam: There's nothing more we can do here, not in this circumstance anyway.

[i]Katarina was profoundly relieved to discover she wasn't the only one capable of seeing the obvious straight up.[/font][/color][/i]

[size=1]

?C-mon,? Liam said while checking his pistol, ?we?d better get moving.?

?Where to exactly?? Rae mused.

?Back to base. Katarina?s right, without sufficient intel we can?t just run after them.? He holstered the pistol, ?I?ll grab Matt. We?ll report this snag back at control. Bradley was taken successfully. That?s all that matters now.?

?What about him Liam? What?s going to matter to his family?? Rae cried, pointing to the Matt?s deceased bodyguard. Something inside her clicked, and the emotion flared.

There was a pause that was only filled with the sound of Liam hoisting Matt over his shoulders and leaving the restaurant. Not a word left his mouth. The door closed.

?I really hate it when he does that.?

?Vant me to shoot him??

~~

?Bailey. Car. Now.?

[I] ?Ahead of you.? [/I]

A Singaporean police car waded its way through the busy street and pulled up alongside the burdened agent. Liam opened the back door with his foot and unceremoniously dumped Matt?s prone form on the seat. Matt groaned and moved slightly. Liam pushed his feet off the seat and climbed in and closed the door.

?Bailey, pack it up. Send another car here for Rae and the Russians, we?ll congregate back at the hostel or something.?

The police car moved back out into the slow moving traffic. Liam put his face into the air-conditioning and held it there for a while, letting his brain cool. Matt stirred beside him, groaning and sitting up.?

?Evening.? Liam drawled, not looking up from the vent.

?Ugh. Karen?s gone. One of the suits grabbed her; the g-man drew his gun, and crumpled over. I stood and got a handclap to the temples??

?About then Rae and I charged in. You?ll be pleased to know I got one of them in the kneecap. Hopefully he?ll be called hop a long for the rest of his life?? Liam grinned and put his face closer to the cool air.

?Where is Rae??

The car pulled up to the traffic lights, indicator clicking.

?Back there, sulking. I think she finds it annoying that I tend to brush things off.?

?What, like her??

?Touché.?

Matt drummed his fingers on the side of the armrest. ?Did the mission go well??

?Fine, without a hitch. Hopefully Bradley will be tucked away in some Triad stronghold with his ears open for any names on that list of yours. If he hears some, it?ll be on the MPEG that?ll get emailed or mailed to us. Then we?ll bust him out.?

?If not??

?We?ll wait a week and bust him out. Either way there?s going to be a lot of busting.?

Liam undid his seatbelt as the car stopped in front of the hostel, after thanking the officers, he and Matt climbed out and the car drove off. Liam made his way inside, but Matt grabbed his arm.

?Liam, you?re going to have to face Rae sooner or later.?

?Huh? What?d I do?? Liam shook his head, ?besides, she goes to a private ?training session? or something about this time every week. I won?t see her until tomorrow.?

Matt heaved a sigh and massaged his temples. ?Whatever?? He paused, and swore. ?Where?s the Commander? I need to contact Karen?s father right away. He?s going to need to take some measures??

With that, Matt hurried inside. Liam stood on the sidewalk, confused, ?what measures? Huh?? He groaned. ?Right then,? he called out, ?I?ll just stand here and play Zelda or something?Ooo?game boy??[/size]

[size=1]Bradley could see that his interrogator was getting slighty annoyed. Obviously they expected him to break within seconds and start spilling everything. So much for that.

'I am beginning to tire of you, you foolish child. I have tried to be patient with you and you refuse to answer these simple questions.'

'Bite me.'

The triad's fist rose to strike him but the one behind the camera moved in and caught the blow before it could land.

'The Boss told us not to harm him.'

'I do not care about the orders, they were not counting on such a stubborn child like this when they were issued.'

He pulled his arm away from the other's grip and backhanded Bradley in the mouth. Bradley took the blow without a cry.

'Takes a real big man to strike a kid tied to chair doesn't it. You must be the real popular guy on campus.'

'Silence!' He roared as he hit him again. This time the blow was so hard that Bradley out to spit out blood. The blood just happened to land in the triad's face and Bradley got punched in the stomach as a result.

'Are you ready to talk now boy?'

'Nope'

The triad began to raise his hand to hit him again but the cell door swung open and another triad came in and pulled the interrogator aside.

'Have you heard what just happened?'

'No, I have been dealing with this child.' He cast a dirty look in Bradley's direction. Bradley just smiled impishly.

'Well. There was a slight hitch with the other job tonight.'

The triad's face darkened.

'What kind of hitch?'

'You remember that gun toting maniac from the market? Well he and that girl showed up and almost jeopadised the whole operation. The man shot up one of our men, but we managed to get away with the girl.'

'That man is starting to become a nuisance. Anyway, it is of no matter, we have the girl. Would you like to stay. Maybe putting a few hits into this white pig will cheer you up.'

He walked over to Bradley, obviously meaning to starting hitting him again. Before he could Bradley spoke.

'Before you start, I was thinking maybe I could have a turn. I mean it is a bit unfair you getting to have all the fun.'

The triad laughed.

'You think you are going to fight us tied to that chair?' He asked incredulously.

'No. I was going to get out of the chair first.'

'And how do you plan to do that.'

'Well I was thinking like this.'

Since the triads were stupid enough to not tie his feet to the chair, Bradley managed to push off his feet a fling himself, and the chair backwards, crashing into the triad behind him, who fell to the ground Bradley and all. When they fell, the impact was hard enough to smash the chair to pieces, freeing Bradley.

He used his hands to flip himself up off the ground, his feet smashing into the face of the extremely suprised triad, breaking his nose and plunging him to the ground. His head struck the floor, knocking him unconcious.

The newcomer, looking dazed and bewildered, stood there as Bradley smashed his elbow into his temple and he fell to the floor. The last man rushed him and Bradley sidestepped him, driving his elbow into the base of his neck.

Bradley looked into the camera.

'Did you get all that? You can come and get me now, I'm getting bored with this scenery.'

He walked over to the camera and pulled the disk out of it. He moved to the laptop in the corner of the room and put the disk in. He sent the movie in an e-mail to the team's mail [email][email protected][/email]. He went into history and deleted the traces of him sending it and put the disk back into the camera and turned it on again.

He then lay down on the ground faking unconcious and waited to be found. . .

~TUN[/size]

[size=1]Rae leaned back, running her hand through her mussed up ponytail. A sigh escaped her lips, and she smiled wryly at Katarina and Malania.

''Sorry for the comments before -- I've been a little uptight lately. And it doesn't help when I have two Russians who don't want to be here.'' Rae didn't let them say anything before she went on. "Oh, I know you'll do your work perfectly well, but the most I've learnt is that if your heart isn't in it, it isn't 100%. And we just can't afford to have people who aren't in this fully. But," she went on, rambling slightly to herself, "it isn't exactly anyone's choice, so I'll just have to end up ranting under my breath like I am now," she looked up at them both, taking a deep breath. "And we'll all be happy.

"Or something." She finished her rant just as her earpiece rang. Rae answered the call, listening to Liam and Matt.

[i]We've spoken to the Commander, he's talking to Karen's parents, I don't think they're reacting well...[/i]

Rae could hear someone shouting in the background. [i]Dammit! No! Don't move there! What's wrong with these keys? Why the hell won't the sword work? Ooooo....they're round the wrong way.[/i]

She rolled her eyes as Matt yelled at Liam to shut up. [i]Who do you have with you?[/i] he asked a few seconds later.

"Erm...Katarina and Malania. They're listening too, I think. If they've got their headpieces in, at least. Bailey should be with you. Who else? Ah, Zharra...I think she disappeared." Rae frowned, then shrugged. "She'll turn up. She's Jaudiar's cousin. Jaudiar did the same thing." As she rang off, Rae couldn't help but be worried, though.

Katarina -- who Rae thought could be the more forgiving of the pair -- put her hand on Rae's shoulder and smiled at her.

"She vill turn up. You cannot keep somevone like her down longk."

It didn't sound too complimentary, but it did reassure Rae, nonetheless. Zharra had been trained by the best -- she'd always make it back to them. She'd always finish the mission.

Speaking of missions, Rae had her 'training session' later tonight. What a lot of fun [i]that[/i] would be.

[b]OOC:[/b] Heh. Sorry. I'm so wiped from Slave Labour, and my throat is so sore that I can barely think. So it's pretty short. I'm sure you'll all survive, though.[/size]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]In full attire, armed with the bare essentials, Zharra had slipped out of sight and gone down the streets she knew the best. Her childhood had been spent in various cities around the world, she knew where to look. Many of them were the same. The downtowns were very very nice, until twilight.

Without being seen by any law enforcement, she cooly climbed up the side of a run down buisness center and let herself in through a storage room window. She landed in a cat-like crouch, then rose to a standing position, brushing the dust from her sarong. Then, with patient smooth steps, she walked through the endless hall of filing cabinets and shelves. With slight interest, she opened one and read the contents. .....she opened another, then went on down through the files. Either these were excellent decoys or just examples of extremely bad security. She closed every file after commiting the numbers to memory. Then she turned her attention to the shelves and checked off the contents.

Drugs. Definetly. She opened one container and sniffed. Then closed it without delay. Heroin. Absolutely disgusting. And incredibly valuable. She turned on her earing/trasmitter for once with a simple flick, then hoped someone would hear it.[/i]

"Anyone out there?"

"This is Liam."

"Hi, it's me."

"WHERE ARE YOU?!?"

"I'm not positive yet, but I did find interesting files on Triad history and movement..... ....and quite a bit of heorin and opium. Why do you ask?"

[i]There was a long muffled sigh, and Zharra smiled slightly.[/i][/COLOR]

[size=1]
Liam was angry. Well, to be precise, he was furious. The mission was finished, he was enjoying Zelda, getting his mind off the whole whacked out Karen affair?and then Zharra vanished. Just like Jaudiar did all the time. This frustrated him to no end.

?When you set mission parameters you expect them to be followed.? He sighed. ?Like it?ll matter. Technically she?s monitoring communications?just not verbal ones?kind of. Gah.? He snapped the little SP shut and tucked it into one of his pockets. ?She?d better not do this when the heat is on??

?Uh?Liam? Who are you talking to?? Matt looked up from his laptop.

?I was supposed to be ranting to you.?

?Right. Email here for you.?

?Really? I never get mail. Delete it, must be junk mail??

Matt clicked and opened it anyway. There were muffled sounds bleating through the speakers, and then Bradley?s voice resonated, ??I?m getting bored with the scenery.?

Matt whistled. Liam just shook his head. It was a message?of sorts?a highly amusing one all the same.

?Right. Well the little guy is going to have to keep playing it up. We won?t be able to get him until tomorrow. Rae?s is going to be dead in the morning. I don?t know how hard she trains, but it always seems to drain her something chronic.? Liam gave a half grin, ?poor girl, practically killing herself to keep up with me.?

Matt stood up from his chair and closed the laptop. ?Keep yourself deluded. I?m going to see the Commander about this. I?ve got a meeting with the General.?

?General? What General? We don?t have Generals in the SYF??

?Karen?s father, Liam, he?s a three star US Air force General, Munitions.?

The door closed behind Matt with a click. Liam brushed the information aside. His subconscious, however, ferreted it away and added it to a shrine of clues in the closet in the back of his mind.

?Fine then, I?ll just crash shall I?? Liam said to no one in particular. Sleep was good, sleep was very good indeed.

The bed jumped slightly as he landed. With a pathetic kick and a muffled guttural growl that sounded like it came from an oversized agitated cat, Liam closed the door?almost. With his face still in the pillow he ripped off the Velcro holster and dropped it on the bedside table, along with other various objects that he had cumulated during the mission.

He dozed, and the mission replayed in his eyes. The past came to greet him.
[/size]

[color=darkgreen][font=gothic][i]Katarina moaned loudly and slumped forward as Malania pushed her fingers into the well-formed shoulders. Keeping her hands stiff, she pushed lightly in little jabs down the flesh on each side of the spine, elicting another grunt from Katarina. Malania looked at her watch. This massage had gone on long enough... sliding her long fingernails up into Kat's hair, she gripped the base of the skull and gently vibrated the flesh, teasing nerve endings and sending Katarina into a downward spiral. Waiting a few seconds with that treatment, Malania finished it off with a quick backscratch, standing up and stretching once Kat's breathing slowed and became regular. She moved quietly to the door, pausing slightly and returing to Katarina to part her lips slightly. By the time she returned, the sleeping russian would be seeping with drool. Malania glowed with pride for her talent, and mischevious glee she only experienced after humiliating her best friend.

The quarters were silent. Keeping it that way, Malania slipped into the third door down, hoping it was the right one.

Dark, quiet... there was someone on one of the beds. Closing her eyes, she listened to the breathing, and sniffed the air. Male. That narrowed it down a smidgen... Taking a chance, Malania took out a tealight candle from her pocket and lit it with her lighter. A sick, yellow light danced around the large, distorted shadow of her hand, shading the man's face. She placed the camera on the windowsill and smiled - it was Liam. Curled up into a foetal position... so cute. Oh well. Malania sat on the side of the bed, waking Liam gently. He groaned and rolled around a bit, settling down into a curious silence when he realised who it was.[/i]

Malania: Milord?

Liam: There is a crazy russian on my bed.

Malania: Need to talk to you, Sir.

Liam: Why are you calling me sir?

Malania: Ok, Liam. I do not work for you. I work for the KGB. I'm only with Katarina because I love her so much and I've not seen her for a long time. I miss her. But my job is to gather intelligence on this group, and more specifically, her role within it.

Liam: I see...

Malania: Unfortunately, I'm as erratic and untrustworthy as she is... there is someone out there keeping an eye on me too. If they find out I've been getting infolfed in your operations...

Liam: You'd be out of a job?

Malania: And a homeland. Probably a pulse, too... they're like that.

Liam: Why are you telling me this?

Malania: You've been very welcoming... I was just wondering... well, if I lose my place with my country, I would stand by Katarina as it was anyway. I was just curious if...

Liam: You woke me up, so be quick about it.

Malania: I'll stay with you and do as you say. If I prove myself, I'd hope to stay with the SYF. With my age, there is no where else I could go for a few years, but here.

[i]Liam sighed, and relaxed into the bed. He'd not really expected this new arrival, and although coping with her on a short term basis was over, it was proving to be a more long term problem.
Thinking it over quickly in his head, he felt a little sorry for the russian. The KGB was no place for a child, and after this, she was right - there would be nowhere for her if her country disowned her.
When he opened his eyes with an answer, she was gone. Liam blew out the candle and went back to sleep.[/i][/color][/font]

[font=gothic][color=indigo][i]From her more than quasi-asleep state, Katarina vaguely heard Malania leave...Treacherous *****. She was more awake for her return though. A rather disparate collection of thoughts lead to a seemingly worthwhile revenge plan, one of the ones that probably wouldn't seem worth it later. As Malania approached her bed, all of two feet away from Katarina's, she absently stretched her legs out, tangling Malania's, and threw her blanket at her, flicking it and keeping hold of one corner. She pushed Malania onto her bed and bounded to her feet, quickly grabbing the other side of the blanket and spinning it around, wrapping it tightly around Malania. Malania struggled, rather futilely, for a second, then gave up, slowly moving her body around until it was more comfortable. Katarina fell onto the bed beside her, a reproachful look on her face.[/i]

Katarina: You could ave just zaid zyou needed to go for a zecond.

Malania: It was just easier to put you to sleep.

Katarina: Turncoat... So, vat did ze vant to talk about?

Malania: My continued presence here.

Katarina: Zyou should ave brought me az backup...

[i]Malania shrugged, incidently moving her upper arms free of the constricting blanket. Katarina let her up, and sat down on her own bed.[/i]

Katarina: So, ze verdict?

Malania: I should be staying.

[i]Katarina smiled at her a second, then leapt up, spun Malania onto her stomach, and sat quite firmly on her legs. In true Russian revenge, she started doing to Malania exactly what had induced somnambulance in her previously. Of course, she was inspiring Malania to start drooling....Katarina had always been convinced she was a person of more character than her friend...And it was the little things that proved it.[/font][/color][/i]