OtakuBoards

SYF:

liamc2

ooc: Sorry Flynn, I'll try and finish it up, for now, so that you don't have to all cringe everytime you read one of our posts.

[size=1]The world seemed to melt away from Bradley and Zharra's awareness as the two merged into one, riding on the waves of ecstacy. They were freed from all the troubles of SYF in that perfect moment when all that mattered was each other.

After exploring the differences between boys and girls for an hour or so Bradley and Zharra slept. Zharra was enclosed within Bradley's strong but gentle embrace. Bradley was the first to awake. He could smell the wonderful fragrance of Zharra's hair, probably because his face was pressed right up against the back of her head. He sighed contentedly which woke Zharra. She twisted around in his arms to face him and smiled. He kissed her on the forehead and stroked her hair.

'Good morning. I think.' Bradley wasn't sure what time it was.

'It is indeed.'

He released her from his arms and she lay back on the bed. Bradley was happy to just lie there on his side and look at her beautiful form. He watched her chest rise and fall with every breath. She noticed him watching her and smiled.

'Sleep well Bradley?'

'How could I not?' He asked.

'Me too.'

'Sorry to break the mood, but I'd like to know what happens now.'

'Meaning?'

'Well, us. Was this a one night stand or more?'

~TUN[/size]

ooc: Your decision Raiha.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=royalblue][i]There went her smile agai, lighting up the room.[/i]

"I don't do one night stands."

"Well?"

"Given the circumstances...I think it's best if we limit this sort of activity to when we're not ....active in the field."

"So when things calm down again..."

"We'll see what happens."

[i]She smiled at him and placed a hand on his cheek. He held it there with his own hand, feeling her warmth, despite the calluses from working.[/i]

"You were great."

"And you weren't?"

[i]She grinned at him once more and Bradley blushed slightly. She stood up and picked her clothes off the floor, pulling them on with her customary grace and speed.[/i]

"Let's get going.....we're moving out today...right?"

"I think so."[/COLOR]

[size=1]

Liam opened his eyes and sat up when Bailey had finished jabbing him in the ribs. He yawned and climbed out of the taxi, stretching.

?Cor I feel lethargic.? Liam paused and rolled the accent over his tongue. ?Why am I speaking as though I?m from Cockney?? He coughed and made his way inside, absentmindedly waving to the taxi as it peeled away from the kerb.

Bailey didn?t ask and just followed him in, closing the door behind her.

Liam?s pace was slow, a credit to his aching knees and lack of sleep. Bailey vanished into her room soon enough and Liam said his good mornings before reaching his own room.

The laptop was still where he left it; though the screen was on power save and the hum had receded. His bed on the other hand had been righted and the table had been replaced.

Liam instantly didn?t like it.

He?d never heard of a booby-trapped bed before, and he wasn?t about to experience one.

Midst weird spells of blackness and blood rushes, he tottered over to Bradley?s bed and collapsed on it. The bed jittered, and Liam lay still. He faded out and had a dreamless sleep. For once his subconscious was too tired to plague him with speculation.

He woke up of his own accord a few hours later. His tongue was stuck to the roof of his mouth and his back was killing him, but he was rested. His clothes still bore bloodstains, and he smelt of gunpowder.

?Shower?? He mumbled and rose from the bed, his hair resembling an ocean wave.

Liam opened his bag and pulled out more clothes, full dress jungle fatigues. They weren?t leaving until the evening, but Liam was too lazy to get changed twice in one day. He wandered into the bathroom and came out half an hour later looking respectable.

The heavy steel capped boots went on next and he sat down, painstakingly tying them up. When he was finished he grabbed a smaller camouflaged backpack, already packed.

From the metallic clinks it made when he picked it up, it was half filled with a variety of ammunition. This bag was Liam?s addition to the gear the SYF prepacked and supplied for every addition. Generally it carried something of note, but mostly it carried lots and lots of bullets.

Liam packed up his laptop and slotted it into the foam sleeve on the back of the bag, swinging it around his shoulders. The bag was packed; the Eagles were in their holsters, all he needed now was a beverage and the rest of the MS1 clips.

?Drink first.? He said, picking up the MS1?s Samsonite case. With that he turned and literally waltzed down the corridor, whistling as he went.
[/size]

[color=purple]She was exhausted, but Bailey knew that she wouldn't be able to sleep with so much to think about rolling around inside of her head. She immediately shut herself in the bathroom and scrubbed her face with cold water until it started to go numb. She grabbed a handtowel and plopped down on the closed toilet seat.

Bailey thought that Liam grossly underestimated the whole Xavier situation, but she also realized that she couldn't expect him to fully understand it anyway. And she figured that he was right, everyone in SYF more than likely came with their own gift wrapped box of problems in tow. She'd just have to put Xavier, and her past, behind her until he showed up again.

The night's events flashed by unannounced, and Bailey shook her head in digust, "It was so nice of you to wire Liam's car, you asshole."

Gathering the mass of her hair on top of her head with a hair tie, Bailey pressed the wet towel onto the back of her neck and sighed. What she really wanted to do was just talk to someone, [i]anyone[/i]. Her social interaction lately had been at a minimum, and she blamed it for the reason she was so cranky.

Bailey slipped quietly out of her room, trying not to wake Rae [I'm assuming you're there, that is...], and headed down the hall. She doubted that Liam would still be up to talking, but he was most likely the only other one awake. If nothing else, she could thank him for, um, saving? her tonight. She knocked softly on his door before opening it wide enough to peer in. Sure enough, Liam was already sprawled on a bed and most definitely asleep.

She sighed audibly this time, closing his door behind her and sliding down the wall outside of his room. Thoughts sifted through her head, one by one; [i]I've got to get packed...clean myself up...Xavier has my Beretta! good thing I have a second one...explosion, explosion, explosion...[/i]

Somehow the thoughts lulled her to sleep right where she sat leaning against the wall.[/color]

[size=1]On a mid twirl, Liam noticed someone back at his room. He paused the dance and made his way back, where he stopped and poked Bailey with the toe of his boot. She mumbled something incoherent and looked straight out, recognising the camouflaged pant legs.

Liam whistled and she looked up at him. He grinned like an idiot and said, ?well seeing as I normally don?t have beautiful girls sleeping outside my room, don?t shoot me for getting this wrong.?

Bailey stared blearily back, black circles under her eyes. Liam didn?t have the heart to shoot off a snappy remark; instead he dropped the bag, ignoring the clatter, and sat next to her.

Bailey hugged her knees and muttered something else. Liam didn?t catch it and raised and eyebrow, gently poking her in the shoulder with his head.

The bizarre attempt at consolation caused a wry smile to dance across her lips. Liam did it again and the smile stayed a bit longer.

?So,? he said, ?anything I?m meant to do right now??

?No,? she said and looked at him, ?this is fine.?

Liam nodded slightly and leant against the wall. Bailey put her head against his shoulder, ignoring the rough stitching of the unit patch brushing against her face. Liam, realising this would take a while; unholstered one of the Desert Eagles and pulled it apart, cleaning each piece before putting it back together.

Bailey dozed and Liam?s armaments became cleaner than they had in a long while.
[/size]

[size=1]'You know what?' Bradley asked.

'What?'

'I'm starving, I think a trip to the cafeteria would be absolutely brilliant right now.'

'You're hungry already? I thought you had enough to eat last night.'

Bradley blushed again, (he seemed to be doing that a lot lately) and Zharra laughed a throaty laugh. Bradley smiled and kissed her and Bradley walked out of the room.

'Um, forget something lover boy?'

Bradley looked down at himself. He wasn't wearing any pants. He quickly looked down the corridors, no one was there. He quickly ran back into the room.

'What's the matter, I think you look quite good without your pants,' Zharra said between laughs. Bradley pulled his pants on and looked quite embarassed. Zharra laughed and kissed on the cheek, she then grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the room and they head toward the cafeteria.

~TUN[/size]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]She held his hand, and they smiled at eachother, not out of the young giddy happiness, more out of satisfaction. Bradley looked satiated, calm, still the big, powerful looking creature everyone knew him to be. Zharra knew better. He was extrordinarily gentle, comforting, and really an excellent kisser. He eyed her as she mentally categorized him in return.

Long legs, great body in general, warm, slender, very sweet, passionate, also an excellent kisser. She squeezed his hand in her and the two kept on walking towards the cafeteria. Rae was still asleep, and those two Russians.....fates knew where they were.

As soon as the entered, Matt stood and greeted them, noting Zharra and Bradley's contact.[/i]

"Good morning."

"Hello Matt."

"Hey."

"......so.....the signifigance of this is...?"

"What do you think?"

[i]Zharra was looking at him like he was something that had crawled up through the drain and was about to attack her personal life.[/i]

"Are you sure it's....wise?"

[i]She opened her mouth and was about to give him the dressing down of his life when Bradley gentely nudged her over and took control.[/i]

"We will not let it interfere with our work, nor let it affect our judgement. Thank you have a nice day."

[i]Matt shook his head and left while Zharra flashed obscene symbols and mouthed various four letter words at his back.[/i][/COLOR]

[color=purple]Bailey drifted back into a cognizant state feeling extremely content and well-rested. She hadn't expected to fall asleep...

Liam noticed her shift, "Are you conscious finally?"

Bailey turned her head upward to see Liam grinning down at her. She kept her cheek pressed against his shoulder and nodded, a genuine smile on her face. She started to say, [i]'you didn't have to stay...'[/i], but decided that, "Thanks." would be sufficient enough.

"Well everyone needs someone to [i]lean[/i] on every now and then."

Bailey snorted at his pun and sat upright, stretching out the stiff muscles in her neck. When she spoke, her voice was still glazed with the throaty sound of sleep, "I slept too well for someone with their back against a wall. Ow, my bum."

Liam stood up and offered her a hand, "Mine's asleep, too."

Bailey gratefully accepted the help up and rotated her torso once she was standing, sighing as vertebrae clicked back into place. She eyed Liam's bags, "I see you're ready to go. We're leaving tonight, right? How much time have I got?"

He glanced at the watch on his wrist, "A good few hours still." Liam reholstered his Desert Eagle and picked up his bags, "Time for me to get my hourly carbonated sugar from the break room."

Bailey grinned, "Liam, I think you might have a drinking problem."

"Shh," he lowered his voice and leaned close to her, "I'm in denial."

Bailey felt another laugh effortlessly escape her lips...her prior grumpiness was definitely cured, "I'm going to go dig out my other Beretta and then pack stuff up."

Liam nodded, "I'll catch you later." And set off down the hall.

Bailey started toward her room, thinking how great it felt to have finally made an unspoken, friendly connection with someone around SYF.[/color]

[size=1]

Liam rolled his shoulders and played with the coins in his hand. Today he might do something a little risqué?like a bottle? The coin ringed as he flicked it and reached Rae?s door. He stopped and wandered in, sitting on the side of the bed. She stirred and rolled towards him, but dozed on. Liam poked her and she groaned.

?Ungh?Callum?? She muttered, squinting at Liam in the dull light. ?I had the weirdest headache?Liam couldn?t have done that to his sister?? She rolled over and buried her face in the pillow.

Liam coughed. ?Rae. C?mon. You?ve got to get ready, otherwise you?ll be dopey on the flight over.?

Rae rolled back over slowly. ?Liam?? She started, squinting and looking closer at his face. ?You aren?t supposed be sitting on my bed at this hour?that?s Callum?s job?? She yawned slowly and realised that she was actually having a real conversation.

Liam?s eyebrow could not have possibly risen any higher.

Rae blanched and sat up, causing Liam to shift down slightly on the bed. He raised the money and put it under her nose.

?C?mon! Drinky drinks.?

Rae groaned, gave him a pathetic push away, and buried her head under the pillow. Liam resumed poking her in the back and received a vicious backhand to his side.

?Go away. Sleeping?? Rae burbled.

Liam pulled out the Desert Eagle and pulled out the load. He rummaged through his cargo pockets and replaced the top three bullets with blanks. He slid the clip back in, pointed the gun at the ceiling and squeezed off the rounds.

Rae leapt up, an amazing feat for someone on their stomach, and was white. She had the expression of someone who was halfway in a bad dream and was woken in the worst possible way. She held the sheet up to her shoulders, as through it was a shield against something that was still haunting her.

She blinked and glared at Liam savagely, over the initial shock. Liam innocently picked up the brass casings off her bed sheet. She pointed at the open doorway.

?Out. Now.? She said coldly.

?Fine, fine.? Liam said while tossing the casings into the wastepaper basket. ?You?re missing out on a free beverage, however.? He turned and left the room with a certain swagger.

Rae flopped back down into her bed, eyes glued on her ceiling. It was too late now?she couldn?t have got back to sleep if she?d taken sedatives. She resignedly sat up and wandered over to her drawers, having actually bothered to unpack. After fishing out a pair of pants and a shirt, she wandered outside, buttoning up the last button.

Liam looked up from his watch. ?Fifty-six seconds.? He dropped his arm. ?Hmm, I was out by four.?

Rae groaned and walked away.

?Hey. Vending machines over here, remember??
[/size]

[size=1]"I remember," She sighed. "I was trying to take the long route."

Liam looked at her closely, trying to figure out the comment. "Why?"

"Well, I haven't done any training in the past week, and I've eaten so much..." She groaned, "And now we're going out in the field. I'm going to get fat."

A small grin flittered over Liam's face. This was one of those Catch 22 implied questions he'd heard about. He decided to treat it as rhetorical.

"What guns are being supplied, do you know?"

"Yeah, but..." She squealed as she reached the vending machines. "They have Orange! God, they haven't had it for ages. I love Orange!"

Liam merely raised an eyebrow and pressed some coins into the slot. He pushed the button and the Orange soft drink popped out.

"Sorry," Rae grinned. "But it's always been my favorite. Anyway, when do we leave?"

"A couple of hours."

"Did you know we're getting a 'tour guide?' I think they don't want us let loose again."

"So...tell me about it."

Rae mentally called up what she knew about it. "It's a female. I can't remember the last name. The first is Eve, I think. She's a rookie -- in our terms, at least -- she's only 17. She's had a year's training, and she hasn't been on a mission before."

Rae sighed, then gave Liam an impish grin. "Wanna catch some breakfast? Then I think I might go give Callum a wake up call."

[b]OOC:[/b]Edit -- Gah, can't expand. Sorry.[/size]

[size=1]'That's really not very nice you now Zharra.'

'So? He'll never know, it's behind his back.'

Bradley shook his head and they walked on. After a while a thought came to him.

'You know, I've never liked the phrase "behind your back" cause it isn't really true.'

'Meaning . . . ?'

'Well you back is behind you right?'

'Right.'

'So it's facing the opposite way to your front. So if it is facing the opposite to your fron then wouldn't behind your back be your front?'

'I suppose so.'

'Then wouldn't the correct term be talking to their back? Otherwise if you say behind their back wouldn't that mean insulting them to their face.'

'I haven't really thought about it but I guess that would be true. You know I never wouldn't have taken you for the intellectual type.'

'Not many do.'

They passed by Bradley and Liam's room on the way to the cafeteria.

'Do you mind if I stop and get changed? That way I don't have to get ready later.'

'Sure. Maybe you should shower as well.'

'I spose you'd like to join me?' He asked.

'The thought had crossed my mind, yes.'

They went into the room and locked the door behind them. Bradley didn't really think Liam would appreciate walking in on the to of them. It was amazing as Zharra walked that her clothes just seemed to fall off her. No struggling with buttons or anything. She just had a certain grace about her.

'You seem to enjoy staring you know that?'

'So?'

'Just thought I'd point it out.'

Bradley got undressed and they headed into the shower. It was somewhat cramped, they weren't really meant for two people. Not that there was any complaining or anything. They took turns to wash each other, it was such a novelty having someone to wash your back for you, especially when you can't reach that spot between your shoulder blades. They finished up and walked out sopping wet.

'I suppose I should find a towel.' Bradley said.

'Could you? It's not particularly warm when you're dripping wet.'

Bradley fished around in his duffle bag and finally found a towel. He quickly dried himself and then went ito the bathroom with it around his shoulders.

'Would you like to come in?' He asked.

'What do you think?' She stammered, her teeth chattering from the air conditioning.

Bradley opened the towel and Zharra stepped into it. Bradley closed the towel and put his arms around her shoulders. The smell of her wet hair reached his nose and was quite pleasant. He kissed the top of her head and she looked up at him and smiled one of those heart melting smiles he found she was so good at.

~TUN[/size]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]He rubbed her shoulders down and the rest of her body, then brought his arms around to encircle her waist. She laughed softly and tilted her head to one side, accomidating his warm breath on the side of her neck. When his lips softly touched her skin, she was reduced to a gibbering heap within ten seconds. Bradley chuckled and turned her around, still wrapped up in the blanket, and kissed her gently. This time, she put her hand to the side of his face. An act of tenderness.

Several minutes later, she realized that they were both turning blue and got dressed. As she slid on her combat boots he watched her fingers deftly turn and pull the laces. It didn'tmake sense. He was still working at tightening them.[/i]

"How do you do it?"

"Practice. I was wearing these bricks since I was 10."

"Why though? Were your cousins that controlling?"

"Not controlling. They just wanted me to be up there with the best. That I'd survive."

[i]She smiled slightly, remembering her past. How Ananda woke her up at the crack of dawn and started them both out with running. Then working out, and THEN breakfast. Memory of which.....

Zharra stood and straightened her hair out with her fingers, rapidly braiding it down her back once more. It would dry within the hour. Bradley stood as well and took her arm gallantly. She grinned at the chivalry and allowed him to open the door for her. Very calmly, the two took the walk to the cafeteria, encountering nothing out of the ordinary.[/i][/COLOR]

[color=deeppink]Ok, I had this whole dialogue with Rae before I realized that her and Liam had already left the room...duh, I'm dumb :P

-------[/color]

[color=purple][i]Yeah[/i], Bailey thought to herself as she dried her hair, caught up in her own little world for a moment, [i]much better, much happier[/i]. She smiled and nodded at her reflection in the mirror, and then laughed at her own ridiculous behavior. She was starting to talk to herself as a form of entertainment!

Bailey leaned in close to the mirror, inspecting her damaged lip. It was no longer as swollen as it had been yesterday, but the red and puffy was giving way to bruised and sensitive. She debated whether or not to put any medicine on it to speed up the healing, but shook her head decided against it.

When her hair was fully dry, Bailey brushed her teeth and gathered up belongings that had accumulated in the bathroom. [i]Tooth brush, tooth paste, towel, hair brush, shampoo, soap.[/i] Check.

Dumping the toiletries onto her bed, Bailey dug through her bag of clothes and picked out olive cargo pants and a white shirt. She hardly felt the need to dress nicely today. Her bag of clothes, however, was in a small state of disarray. She decided it would be easier if she dumped all of the contents onto her bed to refold and repack.

An hour later, changed and fully packed, Bailey sat in a V on the floor, the parts of her disassembled Beretta--#2--scattered between her legs. During her training years, she had rotated the use of her two guns in order to grow comfortable with both of them. The only difference that Bailey noticed now was that the one she was currently cleaning was black, and Xavier,[i]that fuck[/i], had her silver one. She frowned slightly at the thought of her silver Beretta, she preferred its coloration far more than the black one. Eventually she'd have to get it back.

She had almost forgotten about the fact she had gone out with Nick the night before, and she was having trouble piecing it all together. Bailey contemplated going to find him, but decided it would be wiser to just leave without seeing him today.

Once her Beretta was shining, Bailey slipped it into her thigh holster that was lying on the bed. She had also left out her Powebook laptop, and it hummed slightly in its sleeping state. She tapped the space bar to wake it up, and, for the next 30 minutes, went to work finding out everything she could about Columbia.[/color]

[size=1]After one small distraction, one big distraction (although not an unpleasant one), and about ten minutes of blindly wandering around in the corridors of the SYF HQ they [i]finally[/i] made it to the cafeteria. Bradley instantly went straight for the food dragging Zharra behind him. After Bradley getting just about one of everything at the canteen except this weird looking green thing and Zharra getting her food they sat down and ate.

'So you know much about Columbia?' Zharra asked Bradley.

'Um, about all I've heard is that it is filled to the point of erupting with Columbian drug lords. Hopefully I'll get the chance to explode something again.'

'Like a quarter of singapore?'

'Hey that wasn't my fault . . . totally. I got to blow up a door though. Liam didn't like it very much though.'

'Why was that?'

'Probably because he was right next to it. His ears were ringing for ages. Serves him right for leaving me in that cell for so long, I needed some excitement.'

'Don't complain, you've got the most action on this mission than anyone else. Getting kidnapped, beating up four triads, jail breaking, a shootout, and exploding a door and Singapore. . . Not too mention the action you've gotten at HQ as well,' she added slyly.

'Yeah . . well. I supposed you're right. But it was still funny watching Liam rolling on the floor clutching his ears.'

They ate (well, Bradley ate. Zharra finished her food ages ago) and then got up and began to wander the corridors loking for trouble. Bradley had somewhat began to know his way around the corridors of the SYF HQ, but only a little. It was still pretty much like a maze for him. He felt some satisfaction that Zharra didn't know her way around very well either. They couldn't find anyone so they decided to go back to Zharra's room. They'd be contacted if they were needed.

They got to her room and Bradley sat on the bed. Zharra lay down on the bed with her head resting in Bradley's lap. He gently ran his fingers through her hair.

'You know this was the last thing I though would happen when I signed on for SYF.' Bradley said.

'You happy though?'

'Deliriously. Couldn't think of a better way to spend the time when not on a mission.'

'Is that all you see it as though. Something to do? There was a note of accusation in her voice.

'Of course not. I'm absolutely smitten by you.'

'Smitten hey?'

'Well maybe it goes further than that, who knows?'

~TUN[/size]

[font=gothic][color=indigo][i]Well, it turned out that stealing a computer wasn't neccessary, a quick trip to the nearest alley revealed your typical lets sell people small arms because our government is poor and they'll probably use them against the Americans anyway kind of stall. Which, admittedly, Malania, Katarina, and Lutveya had indeed been a large part of previously. If you knew what to look for, it wasn't hard.

These weren't KGB though, these were Mafia. Which meant Katarina knew most of them by sight, and one by name. A thickset, black beared man with a shaved head who went under the name Ivan, though Katarina wouldn't be surprised if Ivan was his real name, he was something of a Russian bikie, greeted them by name, though with more than enough caution in his voice. They'd disappeared long enough ago to have changed sides seven or eight times.[/i]

Katarina: Ve're SYF.

Ivan: What?

Malania: Kind of like kids playing detective, just with more guns.

Ivan: I vant in...

Malania: Sorry, got to be under twenty.

Ivan: So, vat exactly you vant with us?

Katarina: Ve vant the focking KGB.

[i]Ivan and his companions grinned widely. Katarina used that tone a couple of years ago once, then ripped some drug addict's balls off with his finger nails. That's right. His finger nails. They took a little removing first, but it was worth it. Given a Russian mafia member's distrust of anything government related except business, Ivan was more than informative.

An hour and a half later, in a different district, Katarina and Malania, who had started to complain about her foot, walked up to a small shop doorway, the kind that normally lead to an upstairs area, and drove a longish knife through the door as soon as it was open. She palmstruck the door, crushing a finger that wasn't pulled back fast enough, then stalked in. The knife arced upwards, and pinned the man's tongue to the bottom of his nose. Katarina dropped it and walked past, walking up the stairs without paying attention to the blood. She'd had worse on her boots. Malania followed silently, her Yarygin loaded and aimed just over Katarina's right shoulder. Katarina had a shotgun in her right hand, and her Yarygin in her belt.

The room at the top of the stairs was fairly unremarkable. Parading in main as a tatoo studio, a wall full of designs was faced with a large white, opaque screen. A counter with a single man lounging behind it, watching a small TV. He muttered something, probably to the man he expected to be there. Katarina removed his left ear with her Yarygin, then removed his left arm with her shotgun. Four men burst out from behind the screen, Malania dropping one before he had his weapon out. Katarina took down another with her Yarygin, and flipped her grip on the shotgun around and lunged forward, smashing the butt into the side of his head. He staggered away, and Katarina spun towards the final man, taking off her left foot, and bringing her right around and down in a spinning axe kick. A rather interesting snap rang out as the man's collarbone decided to have a closer liason with his lungs. He fell, choking with a nice little bubbling sound. Malania walked up beside Katarina, dropped her boot onto the throat of the still dazed man Katarina had struck, and expressionlessly dropped her weight.

Katarina walked back behind the screen, and found what she was looking for. The ever paranoid Russian KGB had given this cell a vital component. An eraser. A small explosive that would remove all trace people were ever here. And in Singapore, given the recent explosions, it wouldn't cause too much of a fuss. Katarina set the timer for ten minutes, and walked out, Malania leaning on her shoulder for support.[/font][/color][/i]

[color=royalblue][i]His continued stroking of her hair swiftly reduced her speech to mutters, moans, and other inane gibberish, relaxing her very quickly. He smiled at her and cradled her gently, rocking back and forth slowly. Zharra curled against his body, not even needing to go into a fetal position, he was so powerfuly built.

The two were very still for a long time, having absolutely nothing better to do. She looked up at him quietly, a soft smile on her face, quite unlike before.[/i]

"So you're not lying."

"Bout what?"

"'Smitting'."

"Well yeah, you'd have to be crazy not to love you."

[i]She blushed at the compliment and snuggled closer to him. He certainly had a way with words. And she fell for it lock, stock, and barrel. Not that he was leading her on. Zharra closed her eyes and rested.[/i]

"You're fantastic."

"Thanks....first time I've heard that from any woman."

"Let's keep it that way."

[i]She opened one eye and grinned at him once more.[/i][/color]

[size=1]

Liam forced a small laugh and let her go. He was warming up to Callum, but voluntary contact with him was irksome. Once she was out of earshot, he groaned loudly. One of his only forms of entertainment just left to make out with a desk jockey, and his ?can on head race? competitor was sleeping around or something.

The main problem was that the training room was still out of commission, they were updating it and it?d take weeks or something. Most importantly of all though, he had the familiar feeling of electricity dancing on his skin. Normally the pre-mission adrenaline wasn?t this bad, but he?d been to Colombia before, and had some interesting times there. Like running through minefields?and torture?stealing plastic explosive?the list just went on and on.

Absentmindedly he scratched his back, running the tips of his fingers over the little bubbles and scars. Thanks to Zharra the acid burns were gone, but unless he was flayed alive, his back was still going to be the mess it was now.

?Liam?? Matt was wandering up the corridor now. ?Good. You?re changed. Katarina and Malania just got back-

-they left??

Matt ignored the comment and ploughed on. ?We?ve move forward the flight out. The Singapore government has informed us that in three hours they will be blocking all outgoing flights to prevent anyone leaving the country. I?ve already informed Katarina and Malania, and I caught Rae in passing, but where?re the others??

Liam looked blankly at him. ?Try the Cafeteria, the break room and their rooms. But if Zharra?s door is closed, don?t open it. Just a word to the wise.?

Matt gave him a confused glance and shook his head, smiling to himself before continuing down the corridor. Liam remembered something and called out after him.

?Matt, what?s the primary gun for this mission??

Matt turned around and called back, ?let?s see, jungle, wet, they?ll use guns that have already been waterproofed?The FN P-90. They just got them back from another mission.?

Liam grinned at the thought. ?So where do we go??

Matt started walking backwards, ?in two and a half hours we meet at the back door and get into the Toyota. We leave and hit the airport. I?ll brief you guys on route. We?ll meet up with out contact when we hit Colombia.?

?Right, ok then. I have two and a half hours to stock up on carbonated drinks before I get to crawl in the mud. Wonderful.?
[/size]

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=518979[/img]

[size=1]Bradley lay his head back against the wall and continued to stroke Zharra's hair as she snuggled up to him. He dozed off for a few minutes and then woke up. He looked at his watch, they should probably catch up with the others.

He looked down at Zharra's face, she was asleep. She was even more beautiful when she was sleeping he thought. He leant down and softly kissed her. Her eyes opened and she smiled and Bradley's heart melted.

'We should probably go and find the others to see what's going on.' Bradley told her.

She sat up and put her hand on the back of his neck and pulled him in and kissed him.

'In a bit.'

Bradley made no objections, what sane man would? After a while they got up and left her room. They walked down the corridor and Zharra's hand crept into his and he closed his hand around it. They found Liam at (Do I even have to say it) the drink machine. When he saw them his eyebrow rose slightly but he said nothing.

'So what's happening?' Bradley asked.

'We're meeting Matt in two and a half hours and then driving to the airport.'

'Is there are briefing?'

'Matt'll brief us on the way.'

~TUN

ooc: Sorry for the short post, I'm absolutely buggered. :sleep: [/size]

[size=1]Rae sat on Callum's bed, glad that he was still asleep. He hadn't had enough sleep lately, thanks mostly to the dramas and melodramas of last night.

However...she needed him to wake up. She was going to leave soon, and she didn't know if Callum was coming with her or not.

Rae smiled and held Callum's nose, confident that he at least would not shoot her in his sleep. She was right. He woke up suddenly, but he didn't reach for a gun from underneath his pillow.

Callum's eyes flicked open and he stared blearily at her, then grinned and flopped his head back to the pillow, covering his eyes with his forearm. "Hey."

"Hey."

Callum grumbled and pulled her up to lie next to him. "You know, you could have woken me in a nicer way..."

"Wait a mintue," Rae protested. "That was nice. Liam woke me this morning with a [i]gun[/i] for crying out loud! I'm pretty sure Bailey slept the night in the corridor -- with Liam as her only pillow -- Katarina and Malania went off somewhere, so they [i]didn't[/i] sleep, and Zharra and Bradley, well..." She grinned at him, eyes dancing. "If Zharra comes back in 9 months with a baby, we'll know whose it is." She moved back to her point, hugging Callum happily. "So don't you go complaining just because you got to sleep in and were woken up in a nice way."

"Well, put like that..." Callum hugged her back, then lifted her off the bed. "Give me a couple of minutes, and we'll go get breakfast, okay?"

"Sure," Rae smiled, then moved out to the corridor to wait. She did [i]not[/i] want to see a guy's morning routine. It was one of those things she wanted to keep a mystery.

[b]OOC:[/b] Sorry about the size. It's 10 at night, and [i]I[/i] have school tomorrow, even if half of [i]you[/i] don't.[/size]

[color=darkgreen][font=gothic][i]Malania decided to roll down the staircase instead of walk, and instantly regretted losing ten kilograms before she left London. Katarina smirked, taking her time to reach the bottom of the stairs, and slung Malania rather carelessly over her shoulder. In response, Malania rather carelessly let her arms go limp, whacking Kat in the tailbone with the butt of her Yarygin. Kat rather carelessly slapped Malania, hard, on the ass. Malania went still.

The street was crowded, and traffic at a standstill - hailing a taxi would be pointless and, considering the explosives they had set, stupid. Malania swung to the side and glanced around, moaning and struggling to be put down. Gently placing her on her good foot, Kat was rewarded for her consideration by being whacked in the back of the knees, falling into a squat. Malania, not missing a beat, jumped onto Kat's shoulders. Kat squealed, waved her arms about, yelled something about being maligned, and stood up with considerable effort. Perhaps 10 kilos wasn't enough...

To add insult to injury, Malania steered her best friend over to buy an icecream as they cruised through the traffic down the street. [/i]

Malania: Thankyou, you're so good to a disabled woman...

Katarina: Ha! Woman. You make me loff.

Malania: Well, I loff you too! Want some icecream?

[i]Katarina obviously didn't. Malania gave it to her anyway. What she forgot, however, was that Kat's fingernails lay dangerously close to the backs of Malania's thighs...

...Various other balancing acts and trifles kept the injured Malania and the tired Katarina amused as they ventured further and further... into... oh, shit....[/i]

Malania: Um, where are we?

Katarina: I don't know. Does it matter?

Malania: Don't you... um... work for some kind of government agency that might want to know where we are?

Katarina: Yeah? Vell, I might vant to know vere we are too.

Malania: ...want some icecream?[/color][/font]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Zharra left momentarily and came back with her army surplus pack. It was roughly the size of her torso and arms put together and carried at least 45 lbs. of gear. But sadly, she had only the bare necessities, plus a few dresses, a jewelry/safe box and a very very deadly looking katana. She smiled at their shocked expressions. As far as they knew, she had showed up with nothing but sarcasm and a gun.

She gave them a sweet smile and dropped it to the ground, shaking the hall and forcing the drink machine to dispense a Sprite. Before Liam's hand was halfway there, she had snatched it, opened it, and drained it.[/i]

"Let's hump it."

[i]They stared at her, uncomprehending. She threw her hands up with an exasperated sigh and picked up her pack and lightly stepped out down the hall towards the waiting bus. Liam and Bradley stared at her walking for a few seconds then suddenly understood.[/i]

"Walk!"

"Right!"

".....gee."

[i]They took up their perspective pieces of luggage and followed her. And as usual, they found her making herself at home for the very long bus ride. She had already hooked her iPod up to the radios and taped it down with...duct tape?[/i]

"What else do you have in there?"

"...that would be none of your buisness Liam."

"Oh really...?"

"Actually I'm not really sure anymore."[/COLOR]

[size=1]

Liam just shook his head and made his way to the back of the bus. The music started playing and Zharra drummed her fingers to the beat while having an in-depth conversation with Bradley. The bus driver was nowhere to be seen, which wasn?t a surprise seeing as they still had an hour on the clock.

The music was starting to irritate Liam, and there was a severe absence of anyone to talk to. Through the blacked out bus he could see the entire alleyway and the rear entrance to the SYF Singapore headquarters.

Bradley and Zharra were making eyes at each other again, so Liam rolled his eyes and fished out a CD player and plugged the earphones in. He gave a little smile and closed his eyes, letting the music drown out the other sounds. Blindly he reached and turned up the volume as far as it could go. He could feel the inside of his head shaking, but he didn?t mind.

Liam smiled to himself and tapped his foot out to the beat and shifted his weight in the seat. The track changed as the song ended. Liam frowned and skipped the next song; he really wasn?t in the mood.

Someone pulled out one of his earphones and Liam opened his eyes.

?The hell??? He murmured.

?I need this, trust me.? Bailey held the earphone. She nodded over to Bradley who was muttering sweet nothings into Zharra?s ear, who was blushing. ?It?s cute,? she continued, ?but you can only take so much.?

Liam said nothing on the subject and resumed the play of the CD.

?You might not like this,? he warned. ?It?s a whole lot of Home and Hosed stuff.?

Bailey?s eyebrow went a little higher as Universal Game started playing.

?It?s Australian music. Rock or whatever, but it?s devoid of that teeny bopper rubbish. You get homesick after a while, especially with all the J-pop that gets played here.? Liam rolled his eyes as her face remained blank, and turned the music up again. He checked his watch, half an hour left, and Rae was no-where in sight, same with Katarina and Malania. Not that it mattered, they?d probably get picked up by one of the SYF controlled taxis.

Liam yawned, pulled a second CD out and slotted it in.
[/size]

[color=purple]Liam was obviously not in the mood for idle chat, and Bailey was growing restless with music streaming through only one ear. She shifted so that she could tuck one leg underneath her, but it only resulted in the headphones sliding off both of their heads.

?Sorry.? Bailey sighed and smiled politely, picking up the headphones and putting them over both of Liam?s ears. She would have to absorb herself in something other than Bradley and Zharra?s proclamations of love. Their sudden turn toward affection for each other didn?t bother Bailey so much as it made her incredibly jealous. It was two fewer people, in a number that was already scarce, to talk to and interact with. Urgh.

But she perked up at the thought of Rae being willing to tell her about past missions and her history with SYF. Bailey hoped that she?d be up for talking, otherwise she might go stir-crazy. Plus, a girl always needed some quality time with other females, no matter how corny or cliché it sounded.

Digging a book out of her smallest pack, Bailey thumbed it open to where she had left off. After reading the same paragraph three times over without absorbing a single word, Bailey slammed it shut and figured that Steinbeck probably wasn?t her best bet for entertainment right now.

Bailey considered pulling out her PowerBook to engage in some sort of mindless computer game, but she thought it wiser to save its batter power. She didn?t know how long it would be until she?d be able to charge up any power she lost.

She let the book fall onto the floor and cocked her head at the lovebirds across the aisle. She pulled her knees into her chest and rocked back and forth idling, the motion of it keeping her attention.

?Do you not sit still?? Liam kept the volume up on his music, he was able to read lips easily enough.

?I can?t!? Bailey burst out quietly, exasperated, ?I?m unoccupied. It?s the downside of having lots of personality and energy. When do we leave??

Liam had just checked his watch, ?Ten minutes.?

?Ahh.? Bailey made a sound of overjoyed relief and slid back down into her seat.

Liam dialed down the volume enough to hear himself talk, ?Am I the only one who ever knows the schedule around here??[/color]

[size=1]Rae plucked the earphones from him. "Yes. You're the only one that ever cares." She listened to the music for a minute, then winced and stole Liam's earphones. "You shouldn't listen to this stuff. It'd destroy the only brain cells you've got left."

Liam frowned. "And what's wrong with it?"

She grinned at him and sat down on the seat in front. "I want it." She stowed it away in her backpack, grinning with devilment at Liam's spluttering.

"So, anyway," Rae turned to Bailey, completely ignoring Liam's whining. "Callum and some of the techies are coming on the mission, in a non-field way. They'll set up base somewhere near us and take things from there."

Liam's whining abruptly stopped.

Seconds later, Rae heard the unmistakable blare of his music over the headphones. She checked her watch. "Thirty seconds. You're getting better."

Liam made a squawk of indignation.

Rae turned back to Bailey. "So tell me Bailey, do you want to talk this mission or would you rather me shut up?" Bailey raised an eyebrow. Rae shrugged and flicked her ponytail over her shoulder. "I have to ask, you see. There was an incident three years ago when Siren stuck Ryan's sock into my mouth."

Bailey laughed, and Rae, encouraged by her audience, went on. "Not that I minded, of course. Ryan was a lovely man, after all. Where did Ryan go, Liam?" She looked over at Liam, eyebrow raised in questioning.

Liam's eyes were closed, so Rae just shrugged. "I don't know." Rae lapsed into a sombre mood, brooding silently. Bailey poked her gently.

"Want to talk about it?"

"After a while," Rae started, talking slowly to get her thoughts into order, "all the people -- agents, friends, even family -- that you used to know just...leave you. Sometimes they disappear, sometimes they die. Sometimes they can't stand to look at you, knowing that you couldn't help their loved ones, and so they decide to leave.

"And then...there are the others. The ones that just fade away. They bring all the happy memories with them. And you feel bad for it, but you're glad they're gone. Because you know that if they'd stayed, you'd have poisoned them."

Rae shook her head, repressing the emotions, and suppressing the thought she'd had not long ago; [i]Sarcasm and trauma.[/i]

She shook her head from side to side, then grinned, and tried to figure out a way to switch Liam's music with some J-pop she'd come across when he wasn't looking.[/size]

[size=1]Bradley looked back at the others seeing them roll their eyes at him and Zharra, but he really couldn't give five hundred flying firetrucks. All he needed was Zharra and his .45 cal colt revolvers and he was happy.

Bradley could feel the beat from Zharra's music pounding in his shoulder as she rested her head on it. He held her hand, which was rather warm, in his. The other hand held one of his revolvers which he twirled on his finger as his arm hung limply off the edge of the seat.

It seemed the wait for the Russians to arrive was going to be longer than the bus ride itself. He wasn't really concerned though, he'd rather be with Zharra than crawling around Columbia on a mission.

Zharra yawned and let go of his hand. She pulled a pillow out of her massive pack at put it on the side of her seat. She then twisted around so he thighs rested on Bradleys lap and the rest of her leg hung off the seat. She lay back on the pillow and fell asleep. Bradley leant forward and retrieved a book from his pack and read.

~TUN[/size]