OtakuBoards

Oddness.....

Neko_Cat

Hello again, I know it seems like every post I make is a comeback post, but no internet will do that too you *groan*. Besides, I'm following in the steps of the great Weird Al Yankovic, so I guess it's okay (he said every cd he made is a comeback). Anyway, just to remind you all I still exist, I post now and then when I get a chance. Here's what I really wanted to talk about:

A) Who's seen the subtitled version of the fight between Goten and Trunks?
B) Who's seen the dubbed (edited or uncut, doesn't matter they're practically the same:D )?

C) Here's my real question: Does it seem like the english dubbers made it like Trunks is mad at Goten or something, or is it just me? When I compared the subtitled to the dubbed, it seemed like they were trying to turn Trunks into a jerk. In the subtitled he didn't say things like "Sorry Goten, sorry it didn't hit you that is." What's the deal? It said something like "darn, I missed him". And what happened to Goten's mispronounciation of "Kamehameha"? He's supposed to say "Kame Kame", and that's why Trunks laughs at him. Why change it? WHY!?! Ay carumba, these Funimation Crazies are taking alot out of me...........:D

Well you should of excepted this since he is Vegetas son and Vegeta is a jerk most of the time. So there is your answer. They tried to make him like a mini Vegeta sorta.....

I've seen both the subbed and dubbed. they do make Trunks seem a bit more like a jerk in the dub. what I can't undertand is why they 'absolutely have to' change the lines around so much in the dubs, it just makes it worse (I noticed they did that A LOT during the Saiyaman episodes between Gohan and Videl:flaming: )...

Guest Pikeon
GOTEN: Trunks You cheater we said said we couldnt use beams or turn super saiya-jin
Trunks: bla bla bla bla yo uused a beam blab la bla you turned super sayya-jin too. So were even.
Goku: Oh man he lost
Vegita: Dont be too sad ur son put up a good fight

[SIZE=1]Yeah, he's a mini-Vegeta. And, remember, Chibi-Trunks didn't grow up with all the hardships that Mirari no Trunks had did he? He is a rich little bugger isn't he, his mum owns the Capsule corp. and his Dad is an arrogant, strong fighter.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Yeah, he's a mini-Vegeta. And, remember, Chibi-Trunks didn't grow up with all the hardships that Mirari no Trunks had did he? He is a rich little bugger isn't he, his mum owns the Capsule corp. and his Dad is an arrogant, strong fighter.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
rich little bugger, lol
even then, he didn't sound as bad in the subs as the dubs though