Neko_Cat Posted October 6, 2001 Posted October 6, 2001 Hello again, I know it seems like every post I make is a comeback post, but no internet will do that too you *groan*. Besides, I'm following in the steps of the great Weird Al Yankovic, so I guess it's okay (he said every cd he made is a comeback). Anyway, just to remind you all I still exist, I post now and then when I get a chance. Here's what I really wanted to talk about: A) Who's seen the subtitled version of the fight between Goten and Trunks? B) Who's seen the dubbed (edited or uncut, doesn't matter they're practically the same:D )? C) Here's my real question: Does it seem like the english dubbers made it like Trunks is mad at Goten or something, or is it just me? When I compared the subtitled to the dubbed, it seemed like they were trying to turn Trunks into a jerk. In the subtitled he didn't say things like "Sorry Goten, sorry it didn't hit you that is." What's the deal? It said something like "darn, I missed him". And what happened to Goten's mispronounciation of "Kamehameha"? He's supposed to say "Kame Kame", and that's why Trunks laughs at him. Why change it? WHY!?! Ay carumba, these Funimation Crazies are taking alot out of me...........:D
Guest Posted October 6, 2001 Posted October 6, 2001 Well you should of excepted this since he is Vegetas son and Vegeta is a jerk most of the time. So there is your answer. They tried to make him like a mini Vegeta sorta.....
Neko_Cat Posted October 6, 2001 Author Posted October 6, 2001 Hmmmmmm.......good point. That was one of my many theorys............
amibasuki Posted October 6, 2001 Posted October 6, 2001 I've seen both the subbed and dubbed. they do make Trunks seem a bit more like a jerk in the dub. what I can't undertand is why they 'absolutely have to' change the lines around so much in the dubs, it just makes it worse (I noticed they did that A LOT during the Saiyaman episodes between Gohan and Videl:flaming: )...
Neko_Cat Posted October 7, 2001 Author Posted October 7, 2001 Yeah, I don't think those funi-jerks like Trunks too-much, and they seem to have a problem with jokes and lines in general...........how many jokes have they killed with stupidity and dubbing?
Ryan Posted October 7, 2001 Posted October 7, 2001 Yeah i guess it is because he is Vegeta's son. He seems like a hug jerk for a kid who is 8.
Lady Macaiodh Posted October 7, 2001 Posted October 7, 2001 he's just talkin' sh*t b/c they're fighting. &, after the match, he did give goten 3, count 'em, 3 toys of his own choosing!
Guest Pikeon Posted October 7, 2001 Posted October 7, 2001 GOTEN: Trunks You cheater we said said we couldnt use beams or turn super saiya-jin Trunks: bla bla bla bla yo uused a beam blab la bla you turned super sayya-jin too. So were even. Goku: Oh man he lost Vegita: Dont be too sad ur son put up a good fight
Sephiroth Posted October 7, 2001 Posted October 7, 2001 why would they change so much stuff in the dubs? I thought changing the room of spirit and time to hyperbolic time chamber was bad enough, but to change goten saying kamekameha and trunks attitude as well....
Break Posted October 7, 2001 Posted October 7, 2001 [SIZE=1]Yeah, he's a mini-Vegeta. And, remember, Chibi-Trunks didn't grow up with all the hardships that Mirari no Trunks had did he? He is a rich little bugger isn't he, his mum owns the Capsule corp. and his Dad is an arrogant, strong fighter.[/SIZE]
Guest Pikeon Posted October 7, 2001 Posted October 7, 2001 I hope they dont dubb the way they say Kamikaze ghost attack by Gotenks
amibasuki Posted October 7, 2001 Posted October 7, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i] [B][SIZE=1]Yeah, he's a mini-Vegeta. And, remember, Chibi-Trunks didn't grow up with all the hardships that Mirari no Trunks had did he? He is a rich little bugger isn't he, his mum owns the Capsule corp. and his Dad is an arrogant, strong fighter.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE] rich little bugger, lol even then, he didn't sound as bad in the subs as the dubs though
Trunks02 Posted October 7, 2001 Posted October 7, 2001 I just have two things to say [SIZE=6] DUBS SUCK [/SIZE]
Guest Pikeon Posted October 7, 2001 Posted October 7, 2001 true true Funny Theres dubs subs he*l theres probably a clubs a pubs a wubs and a chubs too
Trunks02 Posted October 7, 2001 Posted October 7, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pikeon [/i] [B]I hope they dont dubb the way they say Kamikaze ghost attack by Gotenks [/B][/QUOTE] knowing funimation i bet they will:mad:
Break Posted October 7, 2001 Posted October 7, 2001 [SIZE=1]Well, I hate to make you angry, but I bet they are already planning how Gotenks should say it...[/SIZE]
DeathKnight Posted October 7, 2001 Posted October 7, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i] [B][SIZE=1]Well, I hate to make you angry, but I bet they are already planning how Gotenks should say it...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]:mad: :mad: :flaming:
Lady Macaiodh Posted October 7, 2001 Posted October 7, 2001 well, i don't know about any of this crap b/c all i've ever seen are dubs...i suck...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now