OtakuBoards

Fist Of The North Star

DarkLordDragon

[color=blue]NEW FIST OF THE NORTH STAR OVA 1[/color]

========================
INTRODUCTION:
========================

Hi there guys! how are you doing!? hope you are doing fine... Well once again I am here to write alot of stuff about the great anime Fist Of The North Star, well kinda like a big review or something like that ehh call it whatever you wish... I guess we all heard about this name when we were kids, it's one of the old school animes and let me say the first anime I've ever seen... Well we know it's pretty old series and they also released a film in 80's but now in this thread... I am gonna talk about the new Fist Of The North Star OVA... Well maybe few of you heard about it, finally Toei decided or let me say the director to revive this anime once and for all... Luckily I get this new one and I saw it... It was kinda cool I like it or maybe because I missed the anime for years so the returns of the anime may revived some of my memories with the anime as well... So I am gonna talk in this thread about this new work of Fist Of The North Star, and I would like to remind the people that the anime is a fighting, violence, super powers anime and may contain some violent scenes... Also I wish to thanks the people who created alot of sites about the olf Fist Of The North Star sites but sadly there is no sites for the new one, though... Well blah blah blah I can't stop so let's get going guys...

====================
REVIEW:
====================

The story: 7/10
The characters: 7/10
The animation: 10/10
The musics: 9/10
Overall: 8/10

[color=blue]THE STORY:[/color]
Same old same old... I really didn't liked the story so much, I mean we already saw the same story again, again, again and again... I mean the writer should think of something else, I know the story isn't bad either but at least we need some changes... Well as for me I can accept the story since I liked the old story and maybe some new people to Fist Of The North Star might like it if they don't have much informations about the first story... But let me just say the truth that the story is pretty simple... The story takes place after the events of the old series... In Japan, a very big explosion has Occurred due to the accident of some atomic bombs... Years after After the destruction of some cites or let may say Japan by the atomic bombs...etc It's been a living hell for the poor people same goes for the weak ones, no waters, no foods, many poors people suffered for water, many of them died to get the water... A new empire was created by a man called Sanga!! this man is evil he trys to make the people believe that he is the accepted Lord of the area or maybe the world... He was the cause of the water crisis! since he was taking all the water for himself and didn't gived a chance for the villages people to take some for free, so if anybody want a water he should work for Sanga and sadly the works are even harder than whatever one can imagine... Even if the villagers find a new source for water sadly Sanga sends his men to take the water and take the full control of the new source and if anybody tried to Rebellions against him sadly the death will be his fate.. Pain, Suffering and death! that's what the villagers learned from this hard life they are living in so it was just like a living hell... Now only one man! one legendary fighter arrived to see the disaster caused by Sanga and his men... This man was none other than the legendary master of the Hukoto Shinken martial art style, he is Kenshiro... Now Kenshiro has a task and it's to defeat Sanga and destroying his empire to bring the peace to the villagers once again! Can Sanga let someone like Kenshiro stands in his way or he is going to use even the last keys to be the new King Of The World... So The battle starts between the good and evil... Well that's the story genarally! nothing really much and it's pretty simple in my humble opinion... A new evil and the hero needs to rescue the villagers of the pain! that's all... Well maybe it's only the first OVA! who knows!!? maybe the second OVA's story might be far better, anything can happen with this anime, and maybe the story devolpes to the better...

[color=blue]THE CHARACTERS:[/color]
As for the characters, well I don't know what to say but the characters are not that good, well at least for myself!! I know I know that there are some cool designed characters I can't say no and hide the truth... Because I already liked Kenshiro's new costume and design same goes for the main villain Sanga, same goes for the girl Sara (well not that special but it's pretty good) Well the hero of the anime is damn cool and always amusing us... Kenshiro is really one of my favorite heroes of all time, a very cool character and strong as well, sadly the other characters are not there and I mean (Raoh, Shin, Rei, Souther...etc) the dead characters from the old series, it seems there is no chance to see them again in this new ova but at least there are some characters who are related somehow to the old characters and the top of all is none other than Raoh's son Ryu... As for the main villain Sanga, I really liked his design it was cool and he kinda remind me of Wolfgang Krauser from the popular game Fatal Fury/King Of Fighters and I guess some of you heard about them... The hair, the costume even the muscle... But the personality is damn different, this man, Sanga is a coward unlike Krauser the brave and noble fighter who onle likes to fight and living to face strong opponents not running away when facing strong opponents...etc so I didn't liked Sanga's personality let me just say he sucks compared to Krauser... As for the others well some goes some no! how! you can get it by yourself... As for Kenshiro nothing more to be said about him, but just let me say that his voice has changed and the new actor is none other than my favorite japanese actor (Koyasu Takehito) man Takehito's voice suites Kenshiro very well, yup I liekd Akira Kamiya's voice but after watching the big body of Kenshiro and years passed he became pretty old so I guess this new voice suites him very well... Well I guess for the first OVA there can't be more characters but there is a mystery character who appears at the ending of this ova and I guess his name is Seiji/Yuji don't know really but he looks pretty cool and kinda remind me of Rei from the old series... I just cant wait to see the second ova...

[color=blue]THE ANIMATIONS:[/color]
Wow, Wow, Wow, Wow & WOW!!! The animation really drove me crazy... I really liked the animation it's damn cool... Nobody can say no! if he says no then I guess he have something against the enemy... The animation and the art are very well done, it's really far better than the old series and movie! how not and it's one of 2003's production... I really liked the animation so much or let me say it's maybe the greatest animation I've ever seen... Yeah Yeah Yeah I know there are some other cool animated series such as Full Metal Panic, Saint Seiya Hades, GunGrave...etc but this is also one of them... I really liked how they mixed the 3D effects along with the 2D along with some CGs... I am sure that most of the gonna like the animations because it's really very nicely done, oh it's true it's DAMN TRUE! I've met many people who complained about the animation of the old series and how the art was bad and sucks...etc But now I don't think they can say the same for this new OVA there is no way really... Especailly the devolpments of the 3D along when their head explodes...etc I am sure you will like it...

[color=blue]THE MUSICS:[/color]
Ah Ah Standin In the Heart Of Madness! Whoa whoa there is a big sadness... Well sadly the old musics and songs of Kenshiro are not there in this new OVA! I really liked the old songs such as the openning "Yo Wa Shuck" it was very cool really! and I also liked the song "Heart of Madness" it was my favorite song in Fist Of The North Star anime... But wait there! don't think that there are no old musics or songs means the new songs and musics sucks!!!? Because the new opening of this OVA is really very cool and nice, I like it so much it's pretty cool many also agrees with me I already know it... Also the ending theme and song is damn good! how not and the singer is none other than the popular Japanese singer's Gackt!! this guy is really very popular he was the singer of Yasuharu Takanashi's amazing musics so the team really did a very good job for the music and singing... Also there are some cool musics in some scenes, for example the music when Kenshiro first appears, also the music when Kenshiro fight against Sanga... Also the music when Doha/Vista appears around the people to give them water, and many other scenes that have some great background musics... Well Maybe it's only me! maybe the people don't like it! it's all depends...

[color=blue]OVERALL:[/color]
Hmmmm what I can say now! I am really out of words maybe... Well I don't know but I have to say this... I liked this new OVA so much even of the same story or maybe a few cool characters but yet the anime is great... It's really has a great shot on every side... As for the story well it's not much different from the old one and maybe there are many other animes that have the same storyline but yet we can take it as nothing, I mean it's not really a big deal... As for the characters oh yeah No Raoh (My favorite Fist Of The North Star Character) no Rei no Souther no Shin no Shu...etc but yet that doesn't mean the characters generally sucks! at least our great champion is still there and I am referring to Kenshiro the last survivor! oh yeah I am one of the fans of this guy, though... As for the animation what I can say I just can give it the full ratings! because really the animation was something else, very nice animations that can't be found in other animes if they are new animes, well I am not saying that just because I like Kenshiro but because I am just saying the truth... As for the musics many will like it and maybe many will hate it, but I consider myself that I am one of the people who likes the musics, in my opinion I think the anime was nice and cool maybe you will like it too... So as you can see the anime have some great points and some weak points but the great points are covering the weak points, that's what I think about the anime... I don't know if your going to like it or no but as for myself, as being one of Fist Of The North Star's fan from the first beginning to the very end I guess I have no choice but to say: "THE NEW OVA ROCKS" well comparing to the old series and storyline, characters I have to say that I liked the old one much more, well maybe because the characters ... Well I also wish to remind you that I am only talking about the first episode of the new OVA! who knows maybe the second episode of the anime are far better than this one! One thing more, I just wrote these words depending on my own opinion, it's not the general opinion about the anime, as you know everybody has his own thoughts and opinion so thats my opinion... That's what I have to say about this anime...

====================
THE STORY:
====================

[img]http://www.discountanimedvd.com/dvd_images/5357.jpg[/img]

In Japan, a very big explosion has Occurred due to the accident of some atomic bombs... Years after After the destruction of some cites or let may say Japan by the atomic bombs...etc It's been a living hell for the poor people same goes for the weak ones, no waters, no foods, many poors people suffered for water, many of them died to get the water... A new empire was created by a man called Sanga!! this man is evil he trys to make the people believe that he is the accepted Lord of the area or maybe the world... He was the cause of the water crisis! since he was taking all the water for himself and didn't gived a chance for the villages people to take some for free, so if anybody want a water he should work for Sanga and sadly the works are even harder than whatever one can imagine... Even if the villagers find a new source for water sadly Sanga sends his men to take the water and take the full control of the new source and if anybody tried to Rebellions against him sadly the death will be his fate.. Pain, Suffering and death! that's what the villagers learned from this hard life they are living in so it was just like a living hell... Now only one man! one legendary fighter arrived to see the disaster caused by Sanga and his men... This man was none other than the legendary master of the Hukoto Shinken martial art style, he is Kenshiro... Now Kenshiro has a task and it's to defeat Sanga and destroying his empire to bring the peace to the villagers once again! Can Sanga let someone like Kenshiro stands in his way or he is going to use even the last keys to be the new King Of The World... So The battle starts between the good and evil...

===============================
THE CHARACTERS:
===============================

[color=red]KENSHIRO[/color]

[img]http://darklorddragon.jeeran.com/images/kenshiro.gif[/img]

[color=red]STORY:[/color]
The hero of this anime... Kenshiro is a big man who have some good muscles... A very strong character respected by many of the people around him due to the popularity of his legends and his great victories over his enemies... He have super powers or unnatural powers... He is the last fighter who masters the art of Hokuto Shinken (A chinese arts were learned for generations) Now Kenshiro wins the nick as the Fist Of The North Star and so he called: "Kenshiro The Last Survivor" and that means he is the only survivor who masters this great art... A character that doesn't know what fear is, a very brave fighter who fights for some reasons he believe that's it's good fighting for... A very kind heart character who likes to help the people and childs from suffering... He helped many people by defeating theri animes here and there and so his name has became bright as the shining north star... Kenshiro is a fast fighting and uses his fists n the battle, he rely most of his powers on his skills of Hokuto Shinken along with the power of hist fists... A very kind man that can never forget for who he is living and why he is continue living, Kenshiro is the most respected, feared, admired, loved, and hated fighter... Yet he has no fears he lives a normal life by travelling around the world to find something intrests him or maybe to help the one who is in need... he made for himself a legend that cannot be broken easily...

[color=red]TOBI[/color]

[img]http://darklorddragon.jeeran.com/images/tobi.gif[/img]

A very kind man who lives close to the "Freedom's Village" a guy who works as a researcher or something like that... People depends on him to find new sources for water and he couldn't make them down since he was always finding a source or another from time to time... Tobi is a gentle man who cares around the people around him, even though he doesn't posses strong and super powers because yet he is a normal human but yet that doesn't mean he is coward, he is kinda brave but that doesn't mean he will run toward his own death by his own hands... He lived a happy life with his brother Vista who was separated from him after the big explosion due to the atomic bombs... But yet he can never forget his younger brother the one he loved the most because he was the last one that related to Tobi's blood...Tobi is a funny guy who likes to jokes around and make everybody happy he is a smiles all the time even if he is facing the danger or close to face his death, yet he don't like to worry his friends around him... And maybe that's the reason why everybody likes him...

[color=red]SARA[/color]

[img]http://darklorddragon.jeeran.com/images/sara.gif[/img]

A very beautiful young girl who lives in the "Freedom's Village" Sara is a nice girl to everybody and she is the doctor of the village, well the only doctor there... She poses some great arts and skills to cure the diseases or scartchs or stuff like that... She has some supernatural powers related somehow to Hokuto Shinken arts, because her master was one of the few guys who masters alot of the Hokuto Shinken's secrets... Many people comes to see her for the cure of their disease and many of the people appreciate her efforts for saving their lives from time to time... She is a lovely girl that helps anybody around her... Being the healer and posing strong and unnatural powers many of the enemies trying to kidnap her for their own purpose that what takes her in a big problem... She hates all sort of the evil works from A to Z! yet she is not a crying baby that always cries if she is in danger but she tried to find a way or another to get rid of the danger, she is smart, beautiful...etc that's what was knwon about Sara...

[color=red]VISTA[/color]

[img]http://darklorddragon.jeeran.com/images/vista.gif[/img]

Tobi's younger brother... A very skillful kid that can hide or show stuffs just like a myestery games... Vista is a kind kid who loves his brother so much since his elder brother was just like his parents because Vista's parents died so nobody was there for him except for his elder brother who treated him very kindly... Sadly Vista's happiness has just stopped, after the big explosion he war separated from his elder brother and lived a hard life searching for water, food and the money too but the sadest thing was he lost his memory and lost everything related to him except he can play his tricks yet... One day he met with Sanga and his men, he just wanted the money...etc so he played some of his tricks so Sanga and his men liked the kid and took him along to their empire... Sanga were using Vista and have a deal with him, Sanga will give him the money and Vista will do his tricks for the people for Sanga's own purposes... Sanga changed his name to Lord Doha due to fact that Doha is the new lord of the world because he can drops water from his hand and the people thought it's just some kind of holy water or magic...etc but truly it was one of Doha's tricks... True he is working for Sanga but that doesn't mean he is a bad guy he is a kind kid but without memories...

[color=red]SANGA[/color]

[img]http://darklorddragon.jeeran.com/images/sanga.gif[/img]

The main villain in this new OVA... Sanga is a very evil a character without heart, a big muscle guy who have some abilitys of super powers Kopeken martial art styles... Ambition for eternal power and to rule the world is what made Sanga choose the path of evil... Before he can aim for bigger dreams, Sanga first wants to insure his great power, by seeking out several ways to enhance his already incredible strength by using some tricks of his men or controlling thw water sources, or maybe controlling over the most important things in life... Sanga is relentless, and will not allow anyone to stand in his way. He seldom dispatches his enemies personally, allowing his underlings to do the dirty work, but when he does, everyone should fear his reaction! He is trying to be the next Lord of the world and that made alot of people likes him or maybe gained himself many enemies... He will do anything for the powers, killing the old, woman, kid just anyone who stands in his way or doesn't obey his orders which are as evil as his heart is... Yet being so strong he is not that brave but a coward that only fight the weaks so when he faces an invisible opponents he will run just like the rat that what makes him weak in personality... Sanga's ambitions knows no limit and maybe that's the main source of his powers or maybe his weak point...

=========================
SCREEN SHOTS:

[img]http://darklorddragon.jeeran.com/images/fotns1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://darklorddragon.jeeran.com/images/fotns2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://darklorddragon.jeeran.com/images/fotns3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://darklorddragon.jeeran.com/images/fotns4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://darklorddragon.jeeran.com/images/fotns5.jpg[/img]

[img]http://darklorddragon.jeeran.com/images/fotns6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://darklorddragon.jeeran.com/images/fotns7.jpg[/img]

[img]http://darklorddragon.jeeran.com/images/fotns8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://darklorddragon.jeeran.com/images/fotns9.jpg[/img]

[img]http://darklorddragon.jeeran.com/images/fotns10.jpg[/img]

=======================
INFORMATIONS:
=======================

Japanese Name: Shin Hokuto No Ken
English Name: New Fist Of The North Star
Genre: Super Powers, Fighting, Shounen
Number Of Episodes: 1
Running Time: 60 Minute
Year: 2003
Director: Takashi Watanabe
Character Designer: Haruo Sotozaki
Musics: Yasuharu Takanashi
Singer: Gackt
Production Company: Toei Animation

========================
VOICE CAST:
========================

[color=red]JAPANESE[/color]

Takehito Koyasu
Akimitsu Takase
Romi Pak
Gackt
Tomohisa Asou
Hideyuki Tanaka
Unsho Ishizuka

LAST WORDS:

Well so now I've come to the end... Well I know I have alot of mistakes with the grammer or maybe the story of the characters or anything related to this anime, so if there is anyone who knows more or have any corrections I hope he just posts and tell me what's wrong and I would be very happy for that... Also if you have any questions about this show don't wait just shoot your questions and I would be very glad to answer them and it will be me pleasure... Yeah as you know this new OVA is damn new and there are no sites related to this one, maybe few informations or few screen shots so if anyone found anything intresting I would be greatful if he could add the things he found in this thread... One thing more, I know it's stupid but if anybody wishes to use this for his own homepage or anything like this I hope and I wish he mail me before taking it without a request, and that's my mail address: [email][email protected][/email] even if you did please give me the credits at least my name... Well I know nobody gonna like it but I really wished to write something about the anime I always loved... So I really hope if you enjoyed reading even if it's too much but what do you expect to someone who doesn't have anything to do! so thanks alot for reading this far and I really hope you enjoyed or learned a thing or two about Fist Of The North Star and hope to hear from you soon... See you later

[color=blue]DARK LORD DRAGON[/color]

Well, I know one thing. You should deffinitly ask Adam for a position on theOtaku. We could deffinitly use someone like you this dedicated to reviews; this one here is very informative. ^_~

I have yet to see this new OVA, but my friend is most likely going to get it soon. He has the entire Fist of the North Star series, as well as the original movie, so he'll probably want this too. I liked the first movie a lot, as well as what I've seen from the series, and it will be awesome to view it in this newer animation with the general story line.

Are you planning on doing a review on the New Fist of the North Star OVA 2?

[quote]Vegeta Rocker:

This looks pretty interesting. Might check it out. I gotta say though, the movie was totally a waste. I like the series though.[/quote]

Well first of all to everybody his owns, true you might not like the Movie but as for me it was really a very cool Moive indeed even though it was pretty old ;) as for the series sadly I didn't see it yet... I don't know if you are going to like this one or not but give it a shot you might who knows...!?

[quote]Craige:

I've been a fan of fist of the north for a long time ^____^ my real question to you, is the remake worth picking up? I have the original allready.[/quote]

Well I really don't know what ot tell you but you said it there, since you are a fan of Fist Of The North Star for a long time I guess you will like this one as well, because I am a very old fan of FOTNS so I liked this one too but that doesn't mean this new OVA is better than the old series or movie, to everybody his own... You know what, give it a try...

[quote]Syk3:

Well, I know one thing. You should deffinitly ask Adam for a position on theOtaku. We could deffinitly use someone like you this dedicated to reviews; this one here is very informative. ^_~

I have yet to see this new OVA, but my friend is most likely going to get it soon. He has the entire Fist of the North Star series, as well as the original movie, so he'll probably want this too. I liked the first movie a lot, as well as what I've seen from the series, and it will be awesome to view it in this newer animation with the general story line.

Are you planning on doing a review on the New Fist of the North Star OVA 2?[/quote]

Thanks alot my dear friend Syk of your words, I really appreciate it, I don't know if I am worthy enough or not but I am glad that at least one liked the review n_n; even though I have some problems with my grammers :D

You should get this one, it's worthy really, well some of people might hate this one but as for me and as for thousands of people it was very good so maybe you are from this side or the other side, everything depends ;) well to be honest I might liked the original movie alot more since it was really cool featuring alot of amazing characters so maybe the people will like the old one but that doesn't mean this new OVA sucks!!

As for your question, well as long as I see the second OVA then "YEAH" why not... I like to write these stuff even though people might not like long posts or maybe don't like my writing because I have problems with my grammers as I said before but at least I am enjoying doing this so I will... But don't know when I am going to get the second OVA, I am really waiting for the second OVA... Anyway thanks man for your comments and hope to see you again...

Sincerly,
DLD

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
This is probably not the most popular anime considering the first series came out in 1979 and 2nd series around the same time Dragon Ball Z came out. But they showed it for a couple of years in the U.S., they've shown it on G4TV and some other channel I forgot the name of it. In my opinion it's on of the best animes, Kenshiro (or Ken) the main character uses a fighting style known as Fist of the North Star and tries to fight to get his love back against the guy that used Fist of the South Star on the first series. On the second series Ken fights all of his brothers and meets a bunch of new friends.

If you like action packed, gory, and when I mean gory I mean, Ken sticks his fingers inside someone's head and their head blows up or, Ken's friend Ray has a ability where he can cut people with his fingers.

Over all I think alot of you know about this anime, it's old really good, I think the animation is wonderful for how old it is. And if you haven't seen it and you are interested in seeing it I always see it around in stores all over the place on DVD.

(sorry if there is a topic about this, I looked for one and couldn't find it)
[COLOR=Sienna][INDENT][SIZE=1]
[B]Tallgeese- [/B]The best place to look when checking to see if a thread already exists is here: [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208][COLOR=Sienna][B][U]Official Threads Directory[/U][/B][/COLOR][/URL] It is always a good idea to check there before creating a thread. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/SIZE][/INDENT][/COLOR]

does anyone know if they ever finished the 80's version of fist of the north star? because i was just wondering. i like the hyper violence in the new version but all the good charcters are gone like lin, bart, rei, and shin. plus their way to much talking and not enough fighting in this version. but the fact that you will see the brains pop out of their head is still pretty cool. in the old version you would just see the black shadows of the head expolding. but in my humble opinion any fan of the show should pick it up but in my case i think stick with the 80's version. but don't get me wrong i still like the new version. just not enough to buy a whole dvd box set. :D

• 4 months later...
I have watched this snd I don't know if there is a thread already but I thought this anime was awsome. thought if you don't like exploding heads and Violence I caution you to stay away. I hear my all time favorite Singer Gackt Camui stared on it. On volume 1 and 2 there interviews with him on how feels to be staring in an anime for the first time. I really liked his answers. Hopfully this is a thread that will stay up. Oh yeah Gackt plays a bad guy.

[FONT=Arial]I'm moving this to the Anime Lounge. When creating a thread, please be sure you're posting it in the correct forum.[/FONT]

[color=#007520][SIZE=1][INDENT]Don't want to step on your toes, but I merged it with the already existing First of the North Star thread. -r2[/INDENT][/SIZE][/color]