Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
The first design of Ninjor was MUCH to plain and boring for me to let it be. So I decided to soup him up... alot :p!

I finally got myself some 11x17" paper so I can draw larger and add much more detail than I used to. I figured I needed it when I recently started drawing keeping the 8.x11" paper side ways all the time, and I would run out of room for the top and bottom of the picture! What better size to choose than this, because this is the size most pros use for their comic pages (before ruling to a slightly smaller size as you know).

[url=http://www.kungfoogamers.com/~gedden][img]http://www.kungfoogamers.com/~gedden/new_ninjor.jpg[/img][/url]
Posted
freaky. he looks freaky. really freaky. it's good. but i think you have too much stuff on that little staff thing. i mean its like blades, noose, and fire (which looks really really good) . . . and all on one hand. that is a little bit too much to handle reallly. but it is up to you to change if you feel you must. i like him!
~haze
Posted
Maybe I did stress his scythe (thats what the "little staff thing" is properly called :P) accessories a little too much. I would be kind of hard to utilize w/the amount of hand space he has to use it (even though its not that small of a hand space).

Thnx anyways~
Posted
I think the scythe looks fine, the noose adds to the reaper effect a little more than just a plain old scythe, plus it adds some originality to it. I love those spikes that are coming out from his chest and back, they look great. I wouldn't change anything other than that patch under his eye, I love how his eye makes him look like a psycho aswell....¬_¬

10/10
Posted
Heh, I just got a reply about that on the forum I was just at. Its an upside down cross tattoo, not a patch/band aide.

It will be more clear when I ink and CG it.

Thnx for the replies~
Posted
[size=1] That's an incredible drawing, I like the way you've given him that psycho expression, and it's also neat how you did the hair. I like the scythe, it's gruesome, he looks more like a devil than a ninja, especially when you think of the meaning of the upside down cross. [/size]
Posted
I love his new look. He's got his own identity now.

The scythe looks great and I love all the accessories added onto it. The fire coming from his finger is nicely done and his whole outfit makes him look like a crazy demon lord. *thumbs up*

Another thing you should think about changing, though, is his name. Ninjor is a little corny for an awesome character like this. :)
Posted
I dunno what others say, but I think the scythe weapon is kickass. No way is it too detailed. In my opinion, you can't overdo something when it's make believe like that. I mean, if this dude is from Hell or wherever he's from, how do we know what they're like there? Maybe they do overdo it with weapons. That's your decision therefore I think it's perfect. You've captured it perfectly. My father walked in on me looking at it and just loved your work on the skull's feather and the skull kneepads. Bravo! I just wish I could draw like that.

[b]My Rating:[/b] 10/10- Like something from Steven King XD
Posted
I don't know if I commented on this on DA, but he looks a lot less cute and innocent, but in a good way. Before he seemed deceivingly cute. Now, he's just scares me, but in a good way. I like the details on the scythe. Even though it would never be usable, it looks good. Rating: 10/10
Posted
Awsome picture! Its a little freaky...ok, very freaky, but its drawn very well. The scythe rocks, but i agree he could use a new name. My fav part are the skulls on his knees. His hair is wicked, too. I give it a 10/10.
Posted
Ja, I considered the new name idea, and I believe it needed changing too. There will be a Ninjor character, however, it won't be this person.

I'm thinking I'll have Ninjor be the best ninja ever to exist, but he doesn't fight, he's the narrator (me)!

New name: Shiden
Meaning: Purple lightning, flash or swordflash. [i]Japanese[/i]

I know that a scythe isn't a sword, thus couldn't have a sword flash, but Shiden still sounds good.
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=dodgerblue]That is sick! I love it. *saves* Everything is so detailed, I must have looked at it a few times before I saw everything in the picture. I'm in love with his staff and his skull-knee-guarder-thingys. You should colour it! ^^;; I didn't see the older version of him, but I can tell this is better. I like it a lot ^^

-Kitty [/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
I love the picture. He's got a hellish look, and the weapon is WONDERFUL!! Upside down cross looks great with it. Skulls are magnificent, the whole picture is magnificent. I definitely would rate this picture a 10/10.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...