OtakuBoards

I was watching MTV tonight

Harry

And I saw the top 22 greatest bands of all time show. So I decided "Hmm I wonder who they will make number 1." I figured it would be something really stupid like Linkin Park, but it was Nirvana. Anyway I saw Linkin Park on the list and they were #6. Red Hot Chilli Pepper's were #7. Now how the hell do people like Linkin Park more than RHCP? Do kids even know who the RHCP are anymore?

It depends on a lot of factors. I'm assuming this is another one of those shows where the viewers vote? When MTV2 does that they seem more in line with what would make sense to me... when MTV itself does, it's mostly just flavors of the month interspliced with the most popular band of each era.

I never trust any of these lists. Some of them seem to exist with the sole intention of stirring things up or drawing attention somehow. I think it was Blender that had a Top 50 Worst Acts of all time list. Somehow The Doors, Toad the Wet Sprocket and Oingo Boingo were on this list. I can accept the other two, but The ******* Doors?? It boggles my mind. The stuff anyone expect to be on there mostly wasn't.

What can you do.

As for RHCP, I don't know. Even I don't pay much attention anymore, and I've been a fan since I was rather young. For whatever reason interest dwindled after Blood Sugar Sex Magick (which admittedly is amazingly good)... even though I felt One Hot Minute was very solid. Then they broke up, got back together... I just never got back into it all.

They recently put out that one CD whose name I can't remember, so they must be on the minds of a good deal of people... I mean they were named at all, which is slightly surprising.

I don't know how LP could be on there at all though. There have been groups doing that same thing for years (some better) and none have gotten this level of excitement around them. I really would have to say it's all due to the marketing.

I still think Nirvana is incredibly overrated, but that's another story.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Molleta [/i]
[B][color=green]My question is why were you watching MTV?? Do they even know what music is anymore??

I don't like Linkin Park, I do love RHCP. Who was #1?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Nirvana was number 1, probably because Kurt Cobain was a druggy and killed himself. That's cool these days.

[quote]As for RHCP, I don't know. Even I don't pay much attention anymore, and I've been a fan since I was rather young. For whatever reason interest dwindled after Blood Sugar Sex Magick (which admittedly is amazingly good)... even though I felt One Hot Minute was very solid. Then they broke up, got back together... I just never got back into it all.

They recently put out that one CD whose name I can't remember, so they must be on the minds of a good deal of people... I mean they were named at all, which is slightly surprising.

I don't know how LP could be on there at all though. There have been groups doing that same thing for years (some better) and none have gotten this level of excitement around them. I really would have to say it's all due to the marketing.[/quote]
Well it was an all time thing. All time as in from the 80's to present so that should've included Blood Sugar Sex Magic. Even if it didn't Linkin Park shouldn't be on there, they've only had 1 and a half albums. Anything as short as Meteora shouldn't be considered an album. Yeah it was a voting thing, but LP still shouldn't have been there.

Linkion Park better then the Red Hot Chili Peppers? Kill me now. Seriously what kinda **** is that?! RHCP should have been higher ranked. There latest album is awsome. Can't Stop rocks along with the Zepper Song. Actually I love them all. But anyway all the people who were voting were probably preteen fangirls or just fangirls who think Linkin Park is the next best thing to Aron Carter.*shovers* actually I'm a fan of LP too but they aren't one of the best bands of all time. I'm kinda suprised Nirvana was number one tho. Top ten mabey but number 1...?

wow I wish i had seen that! I am 12 but I spent the second 2 years of my life as one of the booth people in a rock tour. I listened to red Hot Chili Peppers and Nirvana for years. I was angry when the lead cut his hair. Around 3 years ago I grew an undying love for Linkin Park whis is my new fav.

What is there to explain? In the over a century long history of recorded music, people honestly believe that Linkin Park, a band who has put out two real releases and one remix album (I'm not counting the Hybrid Theory stuff, all bands have demos), can honestly be called one of the Top 22 Bands of [b]All Time[/b]? Even if we're just talking the past several decades of rock music (like this is), it's insane.

Music is subjective, yes... but something like this doesn't even seem questionable to me. I can't imagine anyone that is remotely well versed in music saying that with a straight face.

If one loves the band fine... but that's a really bold thing to say. You're dismissing all of the bands that paved the way for these guys. There are some bands I love to death, but I wouldn't even attempt to put them in this list. It'd be moronic.

Of course, it was one of those stupid vote lists... which are mostly comprised of whoever happens to be visting MTV.com or watching TRL at the time.

Anyway... lol

Yeah, thats true. I was surprised when I read this. And Harry, Kut being a drug atick that shot himself wasnt cool, they probably got first because everyone calls that the saddest celebrity death ever around here. Im a bit surprised that Metalica wasnt number 1 and I believe its 22 best rock bands.

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Cable-less Person Speaking:

Well, at least it was Nirvana. But I would've expected it to be, since 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' was #1 for one of VH1's Top '50'-or so countdowns. But as far as 'of all time' goes, I'd have to agree Linkin Park shouldn't be that high up.[/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chichiri's Girl [/i]
[B] But anyway all the people who were voting were probably preteen fangirls or just fangirls who think Linkin Park is the next best thing to Aron Carter.*shovers* [/B][/QUOTE]

don't disgrace me!!!
anyway, everyone knows all the sreaming fan girls where voting for RHCP their super sexy lead vocals::drools::
anyway, yeah, what the heck where you doing watching mtv in the first place?