OtakuBoards

Favorite toy when you were little

BlazinReddrgn

Favorite toy when I was little? Man, its hard to narrow it down to just 1. But lets see.

The main toys I used to play with when I was a kid was my Transformers, but one inparticular I used to LOVE to play with was my Scorpinok. My mom bought it for me right when the Headmasters series came out. It was 1 year after Transformers The Movie left the movie theater, and well, since they didnt sell Unicron back then, I used Scorpinok as my Unicron. Used to ball up big wads of tinfoil making em look like planets and have Scorpinok eat em. And then have all of the rest of my Transformers(and every other toy I had)try to kill him.

Unfortunatly, my best friend at the time had a STUPID idea, saying that we should have He-Man kill him off. So, I think I told this story before, but incase I havent, basically what we did was we had He-Man with his sword get powered up and cut off Scorpinok's legs. Yeah, I guess you can picture what happened next. He broke Scorpinok's legs off. And then to finish him off, He-Man cut his head off. Thank God he was Headmaster and the head just snapped off and turned into a man. But then years later, I lost the head. So now, the head of that transformer is somewhere in Wilmington Delaware(where I used to live)while the body is somewhere in my shed here in SC. :(

But yeah, Scorpinok was probably my favorite toy back in the day, other then my stretchable Jake "The Snake" Roberts toy I had(along with Rowdy Roddy Piper, The One Man Gang, and Hulk Hogan along with my AWA wrestling ring...okay, I mentioned AWA. I KNOW I just basically gave up my age there. lol)

But like Solo, I still collect toys to this day. Of course I still collect Transformers aswell as GI Joes and some others. I used to collect wrestling toys, but I stopped collecting them after they stopped the old school WCW toy line(when they had the characters that didnt move at all. Just stood there. Yall remember those dont ya? They had Ron Simmons and Butch Reed(Doom), Sid Vicious, Arn Anderson, Sting, Lex Luger, The Steiner Brothers, and Ric Flair. Yeah, I got em all. But where they're at, I have no idea. :(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=silver] my favorite toy...well there was more than one...my glow worm, my rattlebear (still have it), rainbow brite toys and strawberry shortcake..which they're bringing back to my dismay...and yeah that's that! :wave: [/color]

:D I once had a gymnast barbie, a year later I got a crime buster and raid action man, then a remot control car. My ultimate favourites...

The inline skates I got when I was seven, oh, and I once had Minnie Mouse roller skates.

I once had a doll, it was nearly as tall as me (I was three or four) I named it Angela, after my cousin.

The Sylvanian Fammilies windmill, with the badgers in..? I loved that.

Does a Master System count. My mum hid it under a pile of gift wrap and made it appear by magic (my brov got a magic set that year) We spet about three months saying how much we wnted one, but we never thought we'd GET one (we weren't dropping hints either)

I also had a LOT, of Poly Pockets (and some Mighty Max) I even got the Lucy Locket Dream House, it was shped like a HUGE heart. I took it into school and my teachers thought it was my lunchbox (despite the fact that I paid my dinner money every Monday) but I filled it up with water and ost all the bits. My freind still has one in perfect condition, (as well as my action man) but I haven't seen her in YEARS (literally) :(
and I still Love lego to this day, and Plasticine/ Play-doh :D

Guest The Bouncer
I used to love my morotcyle batman. I got one for christmas nad I fell in love with it. then I let it run down the stairs and it broke. My grandma got me a new one and its still here in my attic. I also used to play with alot of beat wars, and power rangers. I even had beast machines. by the way what ever happened to
Beast machines??

Aww man, what memories. I have to say my favorite toy was Ninja Turtles. I was obessed. I had all the charcters, plus the foot and Shredder. I had the van(heehee, sorry James). I even had the Ninja Turtles Blimp, yeah I was obessed.

Wow, what memories, almost makes you want to play with again...well not really and besides my mother threw them all away *sobs*...oh well

Guest Stealth Knight
Mine was my Power Ranger robots. I used to always play with them constantly. Then, I changed my focus to Ninja Turtle toys. By the time that I was 10, I had pretty much every toy containing Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles. I sold them all when I was 12 and bought video games. Some of the money I saved. I used the saved money to buy pretty much all the gundam models that I have now.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pex [/i]
[B]Aww man, what memories. I have to say my favorite toy was Ninja Turtles. I was obessed. I had all the charcters, plus the foot and Shredder. I had the van(heehee, sorry James). I even had the Ninja Turtles Blimp, yeah I was obessed. [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, I almost forgot about that. I was a huge TMNT fanatic. At one point, I had every figure and playset. The quality of the figures was disappointing though. Did you ever notice that the quality was lesser than that of the models pictured on the packaging?

What was up with the brown weapon accessories and lack of color on the turtles? Perhaps paint was an expensive commodity.

The sewer playset was nice, as was the driller, van, and flying car, but the Technodrome was a terrible pain. The pieces didn't fit together properly so it was always coming apart. :rolleyes:

I had the same problem with the brain character. He would never fit into his body properly. The plastic window would always pop out.

Curse the Ninja Turtles for reaching into my wallet and then into my chest to break my heart!

[COLOR=royalblue]
i used to love my little pony!
remember those wooden blocks that you could buildings and cities out of? lol, me and my brother would always build new york (its where we lived at the time) we would be able to see the brooklyn bridge, a bit of the statue of liberty, some of the twin towers...lol, we would build all of that.
ohoh! i loved my glow worm....i remember he was green, and he had a hat....
ah, who can forget ninja turtles? wow...i loved that cartoon!
lol, and carebears.....and gummi bears, for that matter....
anyone remember popples? (huggles popple)

[/COLOR]

[color=green]
Well I never had action figures much because I would always play outside with my friends. Like make up a Power Rangers game to play with eachother or something. I still do.. just not Power Rangers.. ^_^;

But I did love my Clown Doll. It was a stuffed Marianette Clown! I loved it so much. But as I grew older it gave me nightmares so we had to get rid of it. Heh.

-Lrb[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jinzouningen17 [/i]
[B]

But like Solo, I still collect toys to this day. Of course I still collect Transformers aswell as GI Joes and some others. I used to collect wrestling toys, but I stopped collecting them after they stopped the old school WCW toy line(when they had the characters that didnt move at all. Just stood there. Yall remember those dont ya? They had Ron Simmons and Butch Reed(Doom), Sid Vicious, Arn Anderson, Sting, Lex Luger, The Steiner Brothers, and Ric Flair. Yeah, I got em all. But where they're at, I have no idea. :( [/B][/QUOTE]

I remeber those! I had all of them too, Sting was my favrioute. He was the best to do moves with, becuase he was positioned with both arms bent but up in the air flexing his muscles. He could do Stunners, Powerbombs, Neckbreakers and other cool moves better than the rest, or it was just becuase he was my fravrioute. Himand Rowdy Rody Piper because i'm Scottish lol :D.

[COLOR=#503F86]Jinzouningen17 is too cool ^_^[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charles [/i]
[B]Wow, I almost forgot about that. I was a huge TMNT fanatic. At one point, I had every figure and playset. The quality of the figures was disappointing though. Did you ever notice that the quality was lesser than that of the models pictured on the packaging?[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=#503F86]That's still true of the US-released Digimon figures by Bandai. The amount of pain they skimp on is disgusting. I usually get the Japan-made ones. Yeah, they cost a little more, but what you get is a much better toy. I think the US market focuses more on selling more toys to more people at a lower quality rather than less at a better quality. Damn mass-marketing...[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][b]I had the same problem with the brain character. He would never fit into his body properly. The plastic window would always pop out.[/QUOTE][/b]

[COLOR=#503F86]Heh, Krang... I never had him. He always freaked me out too much. Not just the little pink squidgy thing, but the guy who carried him was really odd, too. Nothing in comparison to a lot of things in anime nowadays, but back then it was creepy. Like Chorlton and the Wheelies...[/COLOR]

:D Does anyoe remember Gremlins..? My freind had one of those too...

I had a Captian Blue action figure, but my bruv was the ultimate fantic he had Thunderbirds action figures, Thunderbirds soap...

He had a Tracey Island, and a load of the ships too. Including the T2 with the big ol' pod that dropped down... As well as some Captain Scarlet stuff, (Captain Scarlet, Liutenant Green) and My sister had Colonel White. :D