OtakuBoards

Favorite toy when you were little

BlazinReddrgn

Well I would say that my "favorite" toy would be the shark things when I was little. I don't think you guys would remember these but they were cool. They also had their own t.v. show (even though its only 4 episodes before it got canceled).
But now I just collect those Gundam models... (Quatre is so cool!!!):laugh:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=deeppink] [size=1]I absolutely loved my Barbies, lol. I had a western one and a fairy one, and I played with them all the time. :sweat:

Only, now the western one's head is missing, and the fairy one's clothes are missing, and both of their hands are messed up because of Bruno....

And I actually made up stories with all the 'cast' of toys I got from McDonalds', and I'd make little caves with folds and wrinkles in my blanket. ^_^;;;;;;;[/color] [/size]

When I was little I used to love those GI Joe action figure. I collected all of them and had a little mini army. They had the tall expensive ones and the little cheap ones. The cheap ones had a rubberband in them and broke easyly but they were so cheap that they could be replaced without an problem. Now I have over 200 hundred dollars worth of GI Joe toys.

I also used to play with those little happymeal toys. They were race cars and other stupid stuff. I used to like the Disney toys that came out around a movie release. They are worth alot of money now so I hope you saved them. Well not really because the more of them their are means the less they are worth.

Cars. I would take a bunch of toy cars and line then up across the room. Then I would spend hours perfecting my line. That was at 2. Around 5 I gained a major addiction to the Japanese shows power rangers and Beast Wars. I began collecting the BWs. I have the whole origonal set.

I had these stuffed dogs that I took with me everywhere. I named the first one Louie. When he began to fall apart I got Soft Louie. The original became Old Louie. Soft Lou was a girl, so when I got sent to bed, I would get socks and dish rags and play dress up with her in the moonlight (lights out, donnca know).
The funny thing is that I got Old Lou's name from the guy on that old show called Taxi. *sigh* I am so pathetic.

[color=green][size=1]I used to have all the My Little Ponies, and my older brother had a lot of the original Star Wars action figures. We usaed to play together. Jaba the Hut would always kidnap my ponies and try to take over their castle...Luke would always seem to sav e them though.[/color][/size]

Ah, just like you Juuthena.
[b]Barbie Dolls:[/b] They were my favorite when I was a kid. Except when I lived in a apartment, the boy across the hall always used the take the girls clothes and see them naked. Also he'd pop the guy doll's heads off. *Poor Ken*
[b]Hello Kitty Playsets:[/b] Who could forget Hello Kitty?! I loved the little stationary things and my sister had gotten a Hello Kitty doll house with characters. And I know there are some Hello Kitty tapes around here somewhere...my favorite was when she was Cinderella.

I used to direct movies with my barbies for some reason. I don't know why, but that's what I did all the time. That, and play Super Mario Bros. on my SNES, which I still have. I also used to collect pogs, those little cardboard circle disc thingies... Never mind. I'm sure no one remembers them. Oh, and I made clothes for my teddy bear. Hey, where's my bear? TEEEEEEEDDYYYYYYYY!!

I still have all my toys. They're packed up, but my brothers occasionally play with them.

I had probably 50 or so TMNT figures. I had the van, the blimp, the sewer hideout and a few other random vehicles. I loved those things.

He-Man... probably more of these guys. I had Castle Grayskull and Skeletor's castle. A giant dinosaur vehicle, both cats and eagles, a walking spider vehicle and some random others. There were a few She-Ra things thrown in there.

I had random other stuff... Rambo toys, Legos, GI Joes -- big and small, Micro Machines, Transformers, Star Wars (mostly the old 70s and 80s ones), Go-Bots, Monsters in my Pocket (I actually found some of these up here the other day lol). I also have bags full of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars. I knew a guy who worked for K'Nex as well, so I have like 6 big cases full of those things.

My favorite would be between TMNT and He-Man.

[SIZE=1][I]I can only go so far back...but...

My favourite toy was....my power ranger Falcon. lol, it was the eagle I think....I dunno. I liked it, but I don't now...it's the white eagle thing....I think....I dunno....

I also liked my cat, you can have hours of fun messing with a cat...but a got a little, faint scar on my forehead going down my eye from that...but you can hardly see it. You'd need too look really closly.[/SIZE][/I]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eclectic [/i]
[B]I used to direct movies with my barbies for some reason. I don't know why, but that's what I did all the time. That, and play Super Mario Bros. on my SNES, which I still have. I also used to collect pogs, those little cardboard circle disc thingies... Never mind. I'm sure no one remembers them. Oh, and I made clothes for my teddy bear. Hey, where's my bear? TEEEEEEEDDYYYYYYYY!! [/B][/QUOTE]

of course! how could I forget making movies? when I was 7 or 8 me and my brother were always making surprisingly violent and meaningful movies. Sometimes with toys and sometimes not. Once a month wed have a "movie awards" using me as a host and picking categories using every movie we ever made and some we havent yet. That lasted till I was 10 then we stopped.

[FONT=arial]heh, I liked just about anything that was cutesy or colorful. Barbies, My Little Ponies, Polly Pocket, Littlest Petshop (or something like that), at the top of my head. I also liked this board game called Shark Attack, or something of that sort. this mechanical shark face would roll around on the board and eat your game pieces if you didn't get out of the way in time. that thing was awesome, lol. I haven't seen it for years though, unfortunately.

what was the name of those stuffed dogs and cats that had the little babies in their stomach that you could pull out? I used to want one of those so badly (they were so CUTE!). I forget what they're called, though.
[/FONT]

[color=crimson]I think my favorite toys were legos. One time at a garage sale, my parents found a huge [extraordinarily huge] tub of random legos, taken from differing sets. They bought it, and for years I would build my own little towns and skyscrapers.

Aside from that I was really into dinosaurs- I had tons of little dinosaurs, ranging from just little plastic ones to large, detailed sons of a gun.

Honestly, I was on the computer alot as a child- playing stuff like Crystal Caverns, Civilization, the first Master of Orion. Hehe.[/color]

OK actual toys, lets see, I have a bucket of Godzilla toys, a bucket of Power Rangers, a bucket of Jurrasic Park toys, a HUGE bucket of Beast Wars, a few buckets of Pokemon toys, between me and my brother about 6000 Pokemon cards, a small bucket of YuGiOh! cards and much more. But my favorite toy OF ALL TIME is my Charmander pillow + friends. THEYRE ALIVE I TELL YOU!!! Theres the big brother, the little brothers (slippers), and my little brothers HUGE turtle collection. Theres also his dad Charizard, thats one big animal. His mother, hiss oldest brother, and some of my brothers Squirtles are fighting in a great Pokeworld war.

--what was the name of those stuffed dogs and cats that had the little babies in their stomach that you could pull out? I used to want one of those so badly (they were so CUTE!). I forget what they're called, though.--Amibasuki

I think they were called Pound Puppies.

I still have the computer game Crystal Caverns, and every Keen game ever created, my sisters and I were really big on those. The funny thing is that we even have the old, REALLY old computer to play those on. Jeese, pathetic are we.

My dad threw all my old toys away. I had T.M.N.T. everywhere. I loved the orange one. My Little Ponies, Polly Pocket, Barbies, Star Wars action figures, my Lion King action figures, a little doll that when you press a button on her, her hair grows. I also was obsessed with these little stuffed cats that had little balls in them that rolled around. I miss my toys! I'm going to go play with with my barbies now!

Hmm, I can't remember exactly but I had this one doll that I took everywhere with me. I can't remember what it was though. My aunt would steal it from me just to make me cry. That wasn't very nice. But I loved it so much. Now, I have no clue where it is. But if there is one I know of that I can find is my Toby Terrier. I loved that little dog so much. I used to watch the movie and hug him at the same time. It was so cute. I would never let anybody clean it. He had went from white with brown spots to brown with dark brown spots and his jacket had ripped. If someone touched him I would bite them. No one touched my Toby! NO ONE!!

I'm still obsessed with stuffed dogs now. I have about 20 in my room. I'll still bite if you touch them too so don't come near. My bears you can look at but still no touchy.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by IceWolfEyes [/i]
[B]
I think they were called Pound Puppies... [/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]no, they weren't Pound Puppies, although those were cute, too ^_^. I remember for the little kittens they were pink looking, and their eyes would 'open and close with warm and cold water.' I do believe that they came out with a pony/horse version of it, too. other than that, I don't remember anything. dangit, one more reason why I won't be able to sleep tonight. :p[/FONT]

When I was a kid, it was all about the Ninja Turtles. Even when their variations stopped making sense, I bought 'em.

Later, it became Spider-Man. The Spider-Man line had to be one of the best *ever*. I mean, they had every single character as a toy! wh00t!!

What, no mention of the NES? I'm shocked, people. Shocked, horrified, disgusted and tired.

Anyway, the NES was like my best friend when I was a kid. Super Mario Bros. 3 and I were like inseperable buddies; friends to the end, we were. I was completely and totally addicted to that game. I would get up at 5:00 in the morning just to play it. In fact, that's probably why I always wake up that early in the morning now o_O

I played with Ninja Turtles a lot, too. They were just really cool. I had the van, the helicopter, the sewer and the Technodrome (yes, I remember what it was called). Of course, they all ended up missing limbs eventually. Hey, those turtles had to earn their victories against Shredder!

I also had a ton of Spider-Man toys. Awesome little figures those were. Just about everyday, Spidey waged war against the bad guys. I even had the different figures where Spider-Man showed different degrees of damage and I'd switch them around in the middle of fights lol.

The Super Nintendo goes without mentioning. Still my favorite system of all time...I loved the little guy ^_^

EDIT: I also had a crap load of Star Wars figures...I still do, actually. I even play with them a lot. I just improvise new scenes for them to go through...it's the weirdest thing in the world lol. Where else are you gonna see Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker riding in a dune buggy trying to escape from the Ninja Turtles?

I always played with the Barbie dolls. I played with them until I was like in middle school. I would pretend they were a tv show. I had so many different races, male and female. It was cool. I even had one that was in a wheelchair named Becky. Anyway my tv shows were so scandalous (I think that's how you spell it). Barbie was having an affair with Steven when she was supposed to be with Ken.(That always happpened)

I also played with Polly Pocket. I had a huge castle and a whole bunch of little homes and it seemed like a hundred little people. I had a show for them too.

*sighs* Those were the days. But now I draw them out in my comics. Action!! Advenure! Romance!! Yeah!!

Oh yeah! SEGA!! That was my pal and is still my pal today! Gotta love it!!