OtakuBoards

Favorite toy when you were little

BlazinReddrgn

I was easily amused as a kid. Give me anything and I would make a game out of it.

But mostly I liked barbies, TV, and videogames. Even once, I made my barbies play videogames with me. And then when I beat them, I started doing a happy dance. Which led to another amusement, etc etc.

I was a weird child. :P

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinmaru [/i]
[B]What, no mention of the NES? I'm shocked, people.[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]You are not alone, my friend.

I used to adore my NES. Then I got an SNES, lol. I used to stay on that thing for hours on end. Especially after I got Super Mario All-Stars. My mom had to tell me at least five times to go to bed every night.

Besides that, I used play with random stuffed animals on my room. I remember the Care Bear I loved so much. I still have it, though I forget which one it is. The pink one. I had the purple one, too, but he disappeared....

Oh, and another thing I used to play with were those McDonald's toys that came out. I had loads of them. They're all gone now. I gave them all away. Except that Simba one I got when Lion King first came out. That one stayed with me. He sits on my phone to this day. lol[/color]

Guest XxMaRkxX
Well when I was little my favorate toy was the toy cars!!! I used to get a car each week!!! I used to play with them everyday :D

I also liked the nes my favorate game was the very first mario game!

I was weird...I liked Lincoln Logs, legos, and any sort of building blocks. I played w/ barbies sometimes, but not much.
Most of the time, I just made stuff up. I played a lot "Let's pretend like..." games w/ my sibs and friends. I think toys these days don't challenge kids' imaginations enough. It's really a pity.

[COLOR=#503F86]When I was [i]little[/i]? I still have toys now, hehe ^____^

Anyway, when I was younger I think my favourites were the Visionaries figures. They had so much articulation it was unbelieveable; you could move them any which way, making them great for action poses and fitting inside various vehicles. For an action figure in 1989 or so, that was very rare. Nowadays it's more common for a 4-inch action figure to have realistic joints in the right places (or not, as the case may be). The real gimmick with those was the animal 'totem' on their chests. They were just little hologram stickers but they looked cool anyway.

I had a fair few Turtles figures: Donatello, Leonardo, Raphael, Michaelangelo (although I hated his character), Shredder, Foot Soldiers, Splinter (I found him again the other day, heh), bebop and Rocksteady, the metal one... I never had the big blimp thing, though. That was the one thing I always wanted (and still do, to some extent).

There were various other figures lines, too- Aliens figures came out in '92, Bucky 'O Hare, lots of stuff.

I still collect toys, although it's mostly Transformers (Beast Wars, Universe and Armada) and Digimon now. Plus anything else that take my fancy. I have a Macfarlane Cyber Spawn and a Sea Creature sitting on my floor somewhere, along with a new-style Masters of the Universe Battlecat. I like them, and I'm not worried about what everyone else thinks about them, either. So long as they don't break any...[/COLOR]

I had SOO many toys when I was little...
I had my barbies, my little pony, rainbow brite, the fisher price kitchen set, tons of stuffed animals, lady lovely locks toys, teddy ruxpin (you know the one that talked?) my American Girl doll Kirsten,

thats really all i can think of...that I would consider my favorites because I remember having them

oh for me it was stuffed animals all the way! ^-^ we played doctor and house and teaparty and had lovely conversations about the weather....heh heh, i still have a million of them packed away...i also loved barbies, polly pockets and games like UNO and candyland. for the most part however, i liked playing outside on my swingset the most. i still love to swing, but my yard is too small for one now :(

[B]What, no mention of the NES? I'm shocked, people. Shocked, horrified, disgusted and tired.[/B][/QUOTE]

Nintendo isn't a toy. It's a way of life. Yes, I [i]am[/i] a loser.

I have a fondness for random games back from those days. NES and Atari mostly. Dragonfire and Kaboom! on Atari 2600 rock. Clash at Demonhead, Ducktales, Little Nemo... on and on. Games really aren't the same anymore, at least not as frequently.

My little Pony!!!!!!!! Combine that and the barbies I deformed plus my Jem doll and that made for the perfect Mexican Soap Opera. LOL

I loved my brother's Super Nintendo...then my cousin broke it and we all hated him <_< I also had the Ninja Turtles and the legos, those were awesome. But nothing can beat the wire hanger, so many shapes!!!

[size=1][color=firebrick]I had an SNES. Super Mario All-Stars was great fun - still is, actually. Whenever I go home I play it. ^_^

I had a bunch of barbies, my little ponies, and all that good girly stuff, but it was so much more fun to steal my brother's legos and his matchbox race cars and build little cities out of them. The Robin Hood set was the best - their little hats even had feathers! How crazy is that?[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]I have a fondness for random games back from those days. NES and Atari mostly. Dragonfire and Kaboom! on Atari 2600 rock. Clash at Demonhead, Ducktales, Little Nemo... on and on. Games really aren't the same anymore, at least not as frequently. [/B][/QUOTE]

I remember Clash at Demonhead and Ducktales...awesome, awesome stuff. I was also a Gauntlet addict early in my life, as well.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel[/i]
[b]Nintendo isn't a toy. It's a way of life. Yes, I [i]am[/i] a loser.[/b][/quote]

Ah, this is just too perfect! I will quote this until the day I die...*makes that quote his official credo* :D

Aww...Fond memories of toys...My favorite Childhood toy was probably..Bendible-Flexible Spiderman. I would spend hours with that little thing, bending him in ways a GI Joe could never accomplish (EAT THAT GI JOE!). Until the day the wiring inside him snapped and now he is another piece of memories upon my mantle!.....If I had one. He sits on my TV, next to...You guessed it...a GI Joe!

[B]What, no mention of the NES? I'm shocked, people. Shocked, horrified, disgusted and tired.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I adored my NES. I remember the games were like twice the size of my tiny little paw. The control pad was just a little box, lol. I loved it! I used to constantly play Super Mario Bros. (all of them, but mainly the original, i completed it 7 times! w00t!). I also played Duck Hunt i think it was called, man that was great. I still play my NES well, it's a NES emulator on my PC :D i just can't get enough of those original games!

This officially shows you that the NES was the greatest games console ever! My Dad played it non-stop and completed Super Mario 3 times! My Dad cannot, i repeat [b]cannot[/b] even play a game since then, it is just so amazing. Even you non gamer Dad can love it so bad that he deprives his children of the sexy gaming-ness of NES!

I also had the usual Teenage Mutant [b]Hero[/b] Turtles (i always remembered them as TMHT even though they were firstly called Ninjas and are currently called Ninjas. They were called Heros becuase th British Governent thought that having Ninjas as Heros was too viliont or somthing :drunk: ). Action Man, GI Joe and of course the beloved....Wrestling Figures!

hmm.....When I was little, My favorite toy has to be Legos. I loved building cars, and have the little lego people ride in them. I caught myself in several occasions playing for many hours. After I was finished. My whole bed room would be a total mess. The whole floor literally covered with various lego pieces. I sometimes still play legos to this day. Legos are just a lot of fun. Thus, my favorite toy when I was little.

Beanie Babies! I loved them! But now I keep my hundreds of them in bags, in my closet.... I use to play with them all the time, and have them all over my room and bed. But I got tired of them... ::sighs:: Growing up suxs, cause I wish I could still be entertained by beanie filled toys... But i would never want to go back either.

I mean, if them could be considered toys. I had been playing with the Coleco Vision and Atari systems but when the two arrived, I was hooked. I would play with any of the two for hours, and I mean hours.

I would begin playing at 7am, went to school, arrive home at 3pm and continue the game where I left it, without turning it off, until 8pm then go to bed and start all over again the next morning. My grades didn't suffer if you were thinking that. I would do my homework with the TV and the system on, finish, continue playing.

If video game systems could be considered toys, then they would be my most precious and still, most favorite toys.

PS: I work and study, so I don't play that much, but I still do it every time I can.

when i was little....... well it hard to remember but i was so tatally into the video games that were out. my dad sells computers and video games and he always let me "test" them^-^*sigh* now thats over. those were the good ol days. i also love stuffed animals. i had barbies too, but i didn't play with them often. when i did, i imitated old shows and movies. legoes and cars were my next favs. i loved building things and crashing the cars into them. i was a destructave little runt back then^-^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by anatema [/i]
[B]My little Pony!!!!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arcadia[/i]
[B]I had a bunch of barbies, my little ponies, and all that good girly stuff[/B][/QUOTE]

I guess this is sort of related. My girlfriend and I were at Target weeks back. Apparently My Little Pony is back out. They had tons of the things. She went nuts over it, so I had to buy it for her. It was rather funny.

They had lots of Strawberry Shortcake stuff too. I remember seeing Care Bears for months now, but this was a surprise.

I still owe Tori them.

Speaking of SNES and Sega, I think I forgot to mention those two. I recently revisited my SNES and after become acquainted to the RPGs and fighting games of PSone and PS2, I couldn't finish a simple game of Super Mario Bros. or Yoshi's Cookie. I used to love those games and play them constantly. I think it's time to pay them another visit.

My favorite toy when I was young was a yellow bear chew toy; I still have it. ^^;;

I don't actually chew it, mind you, I just know where it's at. Hee!

I also know where my wrestling figures are stored. Yes, they're [i]action figures[/i]--not dolls! Because we all know action figures and dolls are [i]completely[/i] different from one another.

If my life was on videotape and you [i]really[/i] had a morbid fascination with what I played with as a youngster, you'd find that I was very fond of dinosaurs. I knew their names and everything. I even went as far as to build a skeleton model out of chicken bones. It didn't work out so well though.