OtakuBoards

Rainbow Brite

Queen Asuka

[color=hotpink][size=1]Well, if any of you have visited myOtaku lately, you'd notice that my theme as of the present is Rainbow Brite. And there is very good reason for that!

I love Rainbow Brite! I used to watch it when I was a kid and I am so sad that I cannot remember the wonderful things that took place on that show. I remember the sprites, the rainbow horse, the color kids, Murky and Lurky, and of course, Rainbow Brite. I used to have the Rainbow Brite doll with the really big head and small body, the one with the yarn hair that messed up easily.

I miss things like this from my childhood. So I am asking, is anyone else here a big fan of Rainbow Brite? And no, I'm not talking about "Hey yeah, I got this really cool Rainbow Brite shirt at Hot Topic and I totally never saw the show!" I'm talking about the people who really did watch it when they were a kid. ^_^[/color][/size]

I have my Rainbow Brite doll sitting on my desk....
Color Kids:
Red Butler
Lala Orange
Tickled Pink
Patty O'Green
Buddy Blue
Indigo
Shy Violet

Would Stormy count as a color kid?? Same with Moonglow??

Oh well...
I love Twink I think he's the cutest thing ever

[IMG]http://www.rainbowbrite.net/collect/rb12in.jpg[/IMG]

*sigh* Raibow Brite rocked it like no other. I don't remember so many details as I would like to, but I did watch the show and I too had the doll with the really big head and the small body. She brings back lots of fond memories, that she does. I had a tape, even, that I would listen to as I fell asleep when I was younger. Heh, that show was awesome.

[color=green][size=1]Rainbow Brite rocked all things, great and small! I loved to watch the show. I loved the horse, though I forget his name now. I watched my VHS everyday, usually twice. Hey, XxmagentaxX, you forgot Canary Yellow!! I thought Lurky was the cutest, actually... After watching that tape I would usually get out the Care Bears Movie or the Strawberry Shortcake movie...ah, childhood, where have you gone?
[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]You have all of your dolls still? Including Tickled Pink and Moonglow? Oh, I'm so jealous! >.<[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I don't think I have my Rainbow Brite toys anymore. Starlight the horse was always my favourite.

It's only a vauge memory, the tv show I mean. I think the only one I watched was the movie where she teams up with the dude on the rocket powered black horse. Anyone remember that?

Can anyone actually remember what the movie was about? I can really only remember the boy on the black horse. It was ages ago when I last saw it, maybe I'll go and download some episodes.

Anyway, what was the white fluffy one called, Rainbow Brite's friend. Was it twinkle or something cos really my brain is like a seive.

My earliest memory of Rainbow brite was probably of my neighbor. She was about five years older than me and she loved that damned show. I remember we'd play rainbow brite but I always ended up playing the bad guy (forgot his name) or one of the fuzzy creatures.

Maybe that's why I'm so demented today.........

I remember the movie probably cuz they have to to rent at the blockbuster near me...

There was the evil Princess who basically wanted to get rid of all the color
Because the color was prodeuced by this huge diamond and she loved jewels.... remember the one she talked to?
and there was Brian .. I think thats his name and his robot hosre Onyx... and the Princess wanted Rainbows color belt.... and all the sprites were kidnapped and forced to cover the diamond thing so all the color would be gone... I know theres more to it then that....

I have the ending song on my computer...

^^ Whats sad about me is that I acctually tracked down the movie online and purchased it from a girl in New Hampshire a few years ago, so I have the original box and all in perfect condition. The plot of the movie was that this spoiled princess wanted a planet that was a huge diamond because, well, she loved diamonds. This planet was responsible for warming the earth and adding colors. She was using the sprites to weave a huge net around it so she could move it out of orbit and the net was preventing any light from shining through it so the earth was stuck in perpetual winter. Orin, the person who created Rainbows color belt, sent his robot horse Onyx to find rainbow brite and bring her there. So she went, they meet a guy named Chris who has this little thing on his wrist that is similar to the color belt and the two of them fight the princess and win. Thats the plot in a nutshell. So good, like all 80's cartoons.

[color=tomato] [size=1] I remember that movie. I loved it so much, but I think I only saw it once or twice. We had a nifty little video renal place within walking distance of my house, but it closed a couple months after I discovered Rainbow Bright.

I think I like the characters so much because they are color. I have always loved color, the concept of people being color thrills me.

We didn't get cable until I was twelve, so I never watched the TV program, but the Movie was awesome. I remember a car that was blue and green, and the little color people, but not much else. I just remember loving it every time I watched it.[/size] [/color]

[color=deeppink]Rainbow Brite was my HERO.

I must have seen every episode ever made, but I sadly do not remember anything about them. I wish they would release a DVD set of the series, that would be the ultimate best day.

I believe that I sold both my Rainbow Brite doll and my horse plushie, whose name evades me.

My friend owns the tape of the very first Rainbow Brite episode where her name [i]isn't[/i] Rainbow Brite but some other weird name, and she gets the name Rainbow Brite by saving the world and its color. That's when she first meets Twink, too.

Thinking about it all takes me back ^_^[/color]

i signed a petition the other day to get 80's cartoons released on DVD... I mean they did it for Care Bears and legend of zelda, why not rainbow brite and my little pony? or jem? or lady lovely locks and the pixie tails... ok now Im rambling...

But it would be a great idea to release them all in DVD boxsets of theentire series....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by doukeshi03 [/i]
[B]Don't worry, I don't think I have my Rainbow Brite toys anymore. Starlight the horse was always my favourite.

It's only a vauge memory, the tv show I mean. I think the only one I watched was the movie where she teams up with the dude on the rocket powered black horse. Anyone remember that? [/B][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]
[COLOR=red]OMG I Can't believe that you guys are talking about this show I mean I used to love it so much when I was a kid and Starlingt. That was the name of the horse...and he was so cute as well.[/COLOR] [COLOR=orange]

But as of Stormy being one of the color kids... I never really thought of that but she may be one...She was always around them you know[/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]

But Does anyone remeber the movie. When she has to stop the evil women who tries to stop produciton of the Rainbow Crytsals?? or those Rainbow colored stars that gave Rainbow Brite and her friends their power. I rember gross details about it but nothing for sure....[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]

Or maybe I shouls go on and talk about the care bares since Rainbow Brite and the Care bears came out around the same time....LOL Naw I wont do it. But Yes QA I must say that you aren't the only old one here cause I was in the full swing of my youth when it came out and to this day I wanna see a fe episodes of it.. I guess I better go and download it!!!![/COLOR]
[COLOR=purple]
P.S. Now xxmagentaxx...you didn't need to talk about Jem(I thought it was spelled GEM) the girl group who was always battling againt the MISFITS....LMAO I remebered the name...LOL Now I really gotta go and look at some 80' cartoon... And If I find any pics I'll post the site here!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=crimson]AHH!! *stares at the rainbow bright doll on an earlier post*

I used to have that...OH HOW I MISS IT!!! O_O!

I was addicted to that show as a child!! I thought Rainbow brites belt was the coolest thing on the planet! I used to beg and beg my mum to buy me one X_x but i don't think a toy company actually made one lol.
Sadly I don't remember anything about the show O_o I remember the "Carebears" and "My little pony" but not Rainbow Brite..i wonder why *twitches*

I'd so love to get my hands on video's of it now just to see what i was actually watching when i was about 3/4 but i think its practically extinct now X_x.

I also wonder what happened to my Rainbow Brite doll..hmm..

Its weird though O_o even as a child i was watching anime-*ish* things *cackles* I was doomed from such an early age.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by XxmagentaxX [/i]
[B]i signed a petition the other day to get 80's cartoons released on DVD... I mean they did it for Care Bears and legend of zelda, why not rainbow brite and my little pony? or jem? or lady lovely locks and the pixie tails... ok now Im rambling...[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Firstly I just want to apologise for posting again directly after my last post. I know its frowned upon..but i just had to make this comment.

I didn't know "zelda" was a cartoon O_____O!! I played the games until i was blue in the face as a child! thats so cool to know there was a show..it makes me wanna watch it now O_o.

Also..Its strange how hardly any of us remember what rainbow bright was really about O_O Maybe it was made by some creepy japanese-anime firm which sent subliminal messages to younger children..brainwashing them into watching anime when they got older *eye twitches* maybe thats why we don't remember what actually went on in the show..because we were like "@___@" all the time.

Lol sorry, my weird sense of humour has to go on a little ranting spree.

Oh and this is a small message for Doukeshi03..I didn't know you watched Rainbow brite!!! teehee! thats cool..i'll rant about it to you soon lol[/color]