OtakuBoards

Scrubs

Chichiri's Girl

Does anybody watch it and like it? It's on after Friends on NBC just so you know...but yeah I love it. I missed most of the first season because I didn't know about it back then. I think JD would have to be my favorite character but that is probably just cause he is the main character thus most of the show is based around him. Sometimes it really cracks me up though. Does anybody remember the "Journey" episode in the begining of this season? That one was awsome. But I reallly don't like [spoiler] eliot's new boyfriend. Sean? I hope she gets back together with JD...that probably is what will happen though[/spoiler] The janitor and his friend are cool too. I loved the riddle in this weeks episode. How can you have 30 cents with just two coins if one coin in't a nickle? I think that's how it goes. Yeah well it's a classic (the riddle that is).

I hate Scrubs. I feel it is a rippoff of ER. Though it does have its funny moments; it is just not practical though. These people are in the hospital cracking jokes and pulling pranks while people are diying all around them. ER has better effects and is more realistic then Scrubs. They don't stand around and laugh they actually save lives.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hells Fire [/i]
[B]I hate Scrubs. I feel it is a rippoff of ER. Though it does have its funny moments; it is just not practical though. These people are in the hospital cracking jokes and pulling pranks while people are diying all around them. ER has better effects and is more realistic then Scrubs. They don't stand around and laugh they actually save lives. [/B][/QUOTE]

wtf? Okay Scrubs is SO not a rippoff of ER! The big difference is Scrubs is a comedy (hence the name "scrubs". Seriously would a dramatic show be called scrubs? I think not. It'd be called something dramatic like "ER") and ER is a drama. And don't tell me in the hostpital the doctors and nurses don't crack jokes with each other. I mean not when they're doing a surgery but when they're walking around in the hall and they see a friend they do. Plus the biggest difference is that these are YOUNG people who are only in their third year. I mean hell if you acted sad about all the dieing people around you in a hospital you'd probably go insane. The effect? Like a said before this is a COMEDY. The effects are SUPPOSED to look cheesy.And they have saved peoples lives before. But it's focused more on the main characters then a paitent who might appear in one or two episodes so you don't really know if the person lives or not. Plus it's not the ER where people will die if they don't help them right away. My isn't it fun to see friends tear each other to shreds?

Haha. I was thinking of starting a thread on this myself. But then I was like, I hardly ever start threads, why would I now?! ...

Er, anyway. I [b]loooooove[/b] Scrubs. I think it's my favorite current TV show (although if you asked me I would say Friends, but that's out of force of habit ... it's really not that good anymore). I love the fact that it's incredibly humorous, yet it can be very touching at times too (well, I'm also a baby when it comes to watching things, but whatever).

I've never even considered the idea that Scrubs might be a ripoff of ER, and I'm with Chichiri's Girl, that that's not true at all. ER, first of all, is not practical either. Sure, things happen in an ER, but according to my brother and other friends who have worked in ERs, actual emergency rooms are [i]nothing[/i] like the show; people actually rather seldom show up in immense pain and immediate danger in real ERs. I think people die rather less often in real life than they do on ER, and in that aspect you might even say Scrubs is more realistic. After all, they still do have people die in the hospital, and when they do, the show actually gets rather serious.

Besides, Scrubs is supposed to be a comedy.

I feel I've rambled randomly enough on that, pardon my jumping thoughts, so I'll move on.

I like all the four characters equally, I think. Well, I think Elliot's a little too ... ditzy, or something. And she gets too affected by whatever that mean old doctor (not Dr. Cox, the other one) says ... she's a bit too much of a wimp :p. I agree, I don't like Sean either, and I think they overused the whole Sea World bit. At least he's gone for now ...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hells Fire [/i]
[B]I hate Scrubs. I feel it is a rippoff of ER. Though it does have its funny moments; it is just not practical though. These people are in the hospital cracking jokes and pulling pranks while people are diying all around them. ER has better effects and is more realistic then Scrubs. They don't stand around and laugh they actually save lives. [/B][/QUOTE]

Scrubs is as much a ripoff of ER as Finding Nemo is a ripoff of Jaws. Besides, I'd rather go to the Srcub's hosptial than let those weirdos on ER cut me open.

(In other words, apples & oranges comparison.)

Besides, the characters on Scrubs are interns, and interns don't usually deal with the life & death situations.

I love Scrubs; my personal favorite "gimmick" is JD's little fantasy flashes.

My favorite scene in the whole show was when JD was dealing with a German patient, and tried to think of a way to breach the language barrier. His solution? "99 Red Ballons." =)

Oh, and JD and Elliot belong together.

[COLOR=#503F86]I think Scrubs is one of the best comedy series ever made. I really like it- the humour's really great, but that's not the only reason why it's good. There are a lot of much more poignant scenes, usually ones dealing with death and relationships that give it a fantastic diversity. It's a really thoughtful series in that way, and often presents things in a way I've not thought about them before. I think it actually does it far more effectively than in series like Casualty because it just seems more... human, really. The characters in other emergency-room based series are all too serious and the melodrama in that kind of takes away what would be the more thoughful scenes.

In terms of the characters I like JD and Dr Cox best, I think. Not that Dr. Cox is always a nice character, but his lines are hilarious.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathBug [/i]
[B]Scrubs is as much a ripoff of ER as Finding Nemo is a ripoff of Jaws.[/B][/QUOTE]
I would just like you to know my best friend thought this was hilarious. As do I.

Anyway, I'm glad they've started humanizing Dr. Cox more. For a while he was just kind of a jerk, but now they're starting to show why, and also that he's not always like that. Most of the time ... but not always.

I'm also always really impressed at how they integrate everybody's stories together so it turns out they're really all dealing with the same thing. Every episode is this way ... I can't even think of how they do it, but I think it's very clever. Sometimes it verges on corny, but usually they accomplish it very well in my opinion.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chichiri's Girl [/i]
[B]It's on after Friends on NBC just so you know[/B][/QUOTE]
So [i]that's[/i] when it comes on! I've been watching Scrubs on-and-off for a while now, and I've never actually paid attention to when it comes on. It's hilarious. The characters and the fantasy scenes are really good.

Hells Fire, I think you're the only person here who thinks Scrubs is a rip-off of ER. Two shows can take place in an emergency room without being a direct rip-off of one another. When you watch an episode of ER and Scrubs back-to-back, they're almost nothing alike. None of the actors on Scrubs over-act.

• 3 weeks later...
For some reason Scrubs has been really erratic recently, but tonight there was finally another new episode which ended about 12 minutes ago. (Yes, it was on at 9:30 instead of 8:30 ... why? I have no clue.) I really liked this episode. A great deal. But I really like all of their episodes.

Does anyone know if there was a back story on Tara Reid's showing up that I missed in a previous episode, or was this her first appearance? Anyway, I thought she was surprisingly good in the episode. Though now that I think about it she didn't really have many lines ... I thought JD and Dr. Cox were so cute in this episode in their usual fighting-for-the-sake-of-fighting way.

Okay, I don't even know if there's anyone out there who keeps up with the show, so right now I won't waste my time writing any more about it. :p

If Tara Reid is who played JDs' new girlfriend, (I really don't keep up with actor names), then she showed up last episode.

Whilst JD was all moody and cynical over Elliot being in a relationship, she appeared at random times in the hospital and proved to be just as quirky as JD. (She also has an inner monologue.)

JD is heistant to approach 'cuz he's not over Elliot, but he then learns not to let opportunity pass him by. He asks her out, and she says yes, and then JD learns that she's Dr. Cox's sister-in-law. Hilarity ensues. ^__^

As you can see, I keep up with the show. I even review it on myOtaku. ^__^;

Man, then I missed an episode. :) Yeah, Tara Reid is the girl who plays his new girlfriend, sorry for not making that clear. She was in American Pies 1 and 2 and I never thought she was a good actress, but she was really cute in last night's episode.

Thanks for the info, DeathBug! Now, to find a way to watch the episode I missed ...

[size=1][color=maroon]It's times like these that really make me want to cry over not having any sort of cable. Or a workable television, for that matter. But I do love Scrubs, and despite the fact that I can't watch it any more (le sigh), I do watch it whenever I go home. Or whenever I get the chance to.

I haven't seen any recent episodes, though, so I know nothing of JD's new girlfriend. But I'm glad to hear he's got one, cause I felt so bad for him when he ran all the way to Elliots only to find out that she and what's-his-face where going to stay together anyway. Cue the pathetic girly noises.

And Dr. Cox is one of my favorites. I have to agree with Solo - his lines are always the best ones. The way he and JD constantly fight, too.. it's priceless. I can't [i]not laugh[/i] whenever I watch this show.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Sorry you don't have a tv Arcadia. . nothing worse then missing out on all sorts of good shows. Though, I think I would be a lot less lazy if I didn't have a tv, lol.

I really enjoy scrubs. It's not that the show is a rip off of ER, that is the exact oposite I think that they were going for. They wanted a quirky little comedy that would get a bunch of laughs through the writing and the cast interaction.

Dr. Cox (John McGinly) has some of the best stuff, with his great attitude of NOT caring what anyone (especially J.D.) has to say. His constant raves that seem to go on are just awesome to listen to. I sometimes wonder if that is really John himself saying those things himself, and not reading off any script. He is a blast, and easily one of my favorites on the show.

J.D. (Zach Braff) is another funny character. His insecurities hit a different level then Dr. Cox, and as many have said, his flashbacks are a total riot. I love the fact that his fantasies take place in 'real time' as opposed to *snap of the finger* that fast. Often when he comes out of the imagined scenario, several people are looking at him with a very curious look on their face. =)

Dr. Elliot (Sarah Chalke) is just a blast to watch. The great bodied woman that many men fantasize about themselves, and yet a messed up mind that people often wonder, "Why do people even talk to her?" Her character is a really good one, since she plays the 'too nervous to speak up' type of character, who is really more intelligent then she admits.

By far, two of my favorites - Dr. Turk (Donald Faison) and 'The Janitor' (Neil Flynn). Their characters just add so much comedy to the show. While I was really dissapointed seeing Donald Faison in another show, after haiting him in Clueless the TV show, I was very happy with his performance in this show, and continue to be amazed at how good he is. I really like the Janitor, since his character is like a little kid and a big bully mixed into one. He has a heart of gold, and tries to be friends, but if you cross him (or even if he thinks you have), watch out for his other side! lol

I really enjoy the comedy of the show, how it always turns out to be some very important lesson at the end. I just love the flow of the it all, and how it remains to surprise me that they can keep up with new material after all this time. I also enjoy how they don?t really bring in a lot of outside politics (stuff that is really going on around the world) that will effect the show. They continue to have fresh ideas without the writers having to open up a newspaper to get it. Easily one of my favorite shows out there.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest kairi8990
scrubs. hmmmm, i dont really know what to say about it. i saw it once and it was pretty funnie, but after a while i got bored amd i changed it.
by the way...scrubs is our nickname for the 7th graders at my skool ^-^ (im a bad girl)

I LURVE SCROOPS!!!!! (I love scrubs!)

It's only my FAVORITE SHOW OF ALL TIME!!! I hete all of the other thursday night things, but Scrubs is on such a higher level. Dr. Cox is the greatest.

The best ep[isode would have ot be this season's premiere. I couldn't sotp laughing.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Marik_Duelist [/i]
[B]I love the interactions between JD and The Janitor. Do any of you remember that scene when JD said something wrong and there was a little kid standing next to The Janitor and he pretended like it was his kid to make JD feel bad? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember that. I think JD was making fun of his job so he pulled a kid over. Then he was all like "Do you like to make fun of me in front of my son? You're sick" Or something like that. You just gotta love the janitor. He can be so evil sometimes. Oh and in last weeks episode...well all I'm gonna say is Harason Ford is cool.*nodds*

Ha, I thought it was cool the way they integrated the janitor's real acting career into the show. ... I'm assuming that really [i]was[/i] him in [i]The Fugitive[/i], though. Yep, it was.

Last week's episode didn't make me die laughing as much as usual, though. But it was still good.