Chibi-Trunks Posted February 5, 2002 Posted February 5, 2002 Yeah, lol, I only rented them though, blockbuster gift card :cross:
amiboshi Posted February 5, 2002 Author Posted February 5, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forest_Pixie [/i] [B] worth every penny you'll love it.. but if you get the dvd watched the subbed first then watcht the dubbed and laugh your ***** off.... the dubbing is so bad... :laugh: [/B][/QUOTE] How bad is the dubbing? Like.....Mrs. Q bad, or Sailormoon R bad? Or maybe Fushigi Yugi bad? Lol....:therock:
Chibi-Trunks Posted February 5, 2002 Posted February 5, 2002 It's pretty bad, and they need better voice actors, except for the guy who did Sakuya (sp?), and it is a little high-paced in the dubbed, I still haven't seen the subbed though :cross:
amiboshi Posted February 5, 2002 Author Posted February 5, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chibi-Trunks [/i] [B]It's pretty bad, and they need better voice actors, except for the guy who did Sakuya (sp?), and it is a little high-paced in the dubbed, I still haven't seen the subbed though :cross: [/B][/QUOTE] You mean Setsuna? Forest_Pixie said he had a really bad voice. What do you mean "high-paced"? You high pitched? Paced means the story moved along quickly.....lol:laugh: But if that's what u meant....it's ok. I just don't understand.:whoops:
Soccer 4 Life Posted February 5, 2002 Posted February 5, 2002 I liked A.S. not only because of its magnificent artwork but also its well-developed characters. :therock: :mrt: Peace!!:smirk: :demon:
Chibi-Trunks Posted February 6, 2002 Posted February 6, 2002 Yeah, it had really good artwork, by high pacedm I mean like... the storyline moved along really fast, like in Tenchi, when they close in slowly on the scenery and stuff, in this it was like really fast. I don't know if that made any sense, but okay :p
amiboshi Posted February 6, 2002 Author Posted February 6, 2002 fast paced is good. I mean, when they start dragging things along, you lose interest, a lot. Like in Ceres, they just keep it moving along, which is nice. However, in DBZ, say, the story is so repetitive and slow, it starts dragging along, and I CANNOT watch reruns of that show for that reason. I'm still a fan though, so don't start yelling at me.:cross:
Chibi-Trunks Posted February 6, 2002 Posted February 6, 2002 Yeah, I guess that is true, but if I can find a clip, I will show you what I mean
amiboshi Posted February 6, 2002 Author Posted February 6, 2002 Okay. You find that clip. What do u mean show me what you mean? It's fast paced. What else?:therock:
Chibi-Trunks Posted February 6, 2002 Posted February 6, 2002 Umm, I have no clue about what your asking. Anyway, by "I'll show you what I mean", I meant I will show you how fast paced it is
amiboshi Posted February 6, 2002 Author Posted February 6, 2002 Ya, but I understand how fast paced it is. I've seen more than one Anime!!!!:bawl: I have! You don't have to explain, I understand......:cross:
Chibi-Trunks Posted February 7, 2002 Posted February 7, 2002 But overall, it's a really good anime, and I would recommend it. Wouldn't mind renting it again either :wigout:
tethsuo shima Posted February 28, 2002 Posted February 28, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chibi-Trunks [/i] [B]Yeah, it had really good artwork, by high pacedm I mean like... the storyline moved along really fast, like in Tenchi, when they close in slowly on the scenery and stuff, in this it was like really fast. I don't know if that made any sense, but okay :p [/B][/QUOTE] ITS BECAUSE THEY ARE RESUMING LIKE 20 TO 30 CHAPTERS FROM THE MANGA SERIES:lecture: :lecture: :modrod:
amiboshi Posted February 28, 2002 Author Posted February 28, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tethsuo shima [/i] [B] ITS BECAUSE THEY ARE RESUMING LIKE 20 TO 30 CHAPTERS FROM THE MANGA SERIES:lecture: :lecture: :modrod: [/B][/QUOTE] Resuming? You mean they're trying to cramp all those chapters into that little DVD? Ack. I heard the manga is REALLY good. I wish they translated it....I really don't like having to go online and stuff just to be able to read it....:worried:
tethsuo shima Posted March 5, 2002 Posted March 5, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amiboshi [/i] [B] Resuming? You mean they're trying to cramp all those chapters into that little DVD? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- yes thaths what im tring to say
XxmagentaxX Posted March 6, 2002 Posted March 6, 2002 they based the ova off of the first 2 mangas i think or it might have jsut been the first.. but the whole reason they made it was to get people to buy the manga.. WOAH! Deja Vu.. oh yeah I explain this way too much...
amiboshi Posted March 6, 2002 Author Posted March 6, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forest_Pixie [/i] [B]they based the ova off of the first 2 mangas i think or it might have jsut been the first.. but the whole reason they made it was to get people to buy the manga.. WOAH! Deja Vu.. oh yeah I explain this way too much... [/B][/QUOTE] Then exactly what's happening wth the translation of the manga? It's stupid they released the anime without the manga.
XxmagentaxX Posted March 6, 2002 Posted March 6, 2002 Becasue peopel are incredibly stupid.. but oyu can find the translations on line... I mean it would be better to get the japanese for 5 rather then the english translated ones for 15..
amiboshi Posted March 8, 2002 Author Posted March 8, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forest_Pixie [/i] [B]Becasue peopel are incredibly stupid.. but oyu can find the translations on line... I mean it would be better to get the japanese for 5 rather then the english translated ones for 15.. [/B][/QUOTE] I don't think so..... Lol. Well, actually it is, but I would much rather have it in english still. And on places like animenation I think it's still like 15, maybe not, though....
Darkness Posted August 1, 2002 Posted August 1, 2002 I finally saw Angel sanctuary a week or two ago, and I'm sure that it could be the most twisted anime ever! I mean, there's cross-dressers, incest, God being cast in a pretty negative light; I could go on, but I want to know anyone who has seen it opinion! I'm want to know what YOU think of the concepts!
Def_Kun Posted August 1, 2002 Posted August 1, 2002 Very twisted indeed. Here's another one of those anime that attacks the fundamentals of Christianity. The incest part was really unacceptable for me. But it was too short to make any major impact so I'll probably forget about it after a few months.
Darkened Skye Posted August 1, 2002 Posted August 1, 2002 Yahweh casts his own negative light, just most people don't want to see their precious deity cast that way. ---------------- I finally saw Angel sanctuary a week or two ago, and I'm sure that it could be the most twisted anime ever! -Watch a tentical rape anime. I mean, there's cross-dressers, -There's ntohing wrong with being a cross-dresser. incest, -Love is love is love. Love is not bound by shape, gender, continants, relations, worlds, heaven, hell, light, dark, good, evil, nothing can stop it. God being cast in a pretty negative light; -See the above I could go on, but I want to know anyone who has seen it opinion! I'm want to know what YOU think of the concepts! -I think that this sounds like an anime worth watching. Very twisted indeed. -I like twists. Here's another one of those anime that attacks the fundamentals of Christianity. -It does not attack them, it re-shapes them to fit it's needs. Everyone will re-shape what they come across to fit their needs. For example, rather then Agumon (from Digimon), I say Augumon, rather then Moo (from Monster Rancher) I say either Muu or Mu, rather then Clow Cards (From Card Captor Sakura) I say Clou Cards...the list is endless. The incest part was really unacceptable for me. -Wait, what kind of incest are we talking about? Was it that the two loved each other, or was it rape, or what? I have nothing against incest if they love each other, but brother/sister rape or something it pretty sick. But it was too short to make any major impact so I'll probably forget about it after a few months. -That's the way most animes are.
Genkai Posted August 1, 2002 Posted August 1, 2002 YAY! ANGEL SANCTUARY! Gotta find translations online............... anyway, im too cheap to buy the dvd, so....
XxmagentaxX Posted August 1, 2002 Posted August 1, 2002 I love Angel Sanctuary... i got it right when it came out last year and loved it... I even have a a few of the mangas but I need to get all 20 so i know what is going on.... but the OVA is just the beginging of the manga and the manga continues the story... and the story is awesome... i love it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now