OtakuBoards

"Elf"? It sounds like Will Farrel is getting despreate.....

Chichiri's Girl

Ahh the safety of the Kiddie movies. If any of you have seen the previews for Farrel's new movie you can pretty much guess he's getting despreate. I mean have you ever seen him on SNL? He was pretty good. And did his last movie "Old School" do so bad in the box office? I don't think so. So why is he making movies for little kids? It just is a bit odd don't you think? The movie doesn't look that promising....like he's lowering his standards. The story is about what? A human who was raised by elfs then went out to find his real family who have moved on? Yeah that sounds like a hit. A hit and miss mabey.:mumble: Yes well what do you guys think about it? yeah....

Well, just because Will Ferrel is making a more family-oriented movie does not mean he's lowering his standards.

From what little I've seen, the movie looks okay...it can really go either way, in my opinion. I'd just wait and see what other people say about it before making a decision about going and seeing the movie.

But, honestly, it doesn't look too bad to me. I'm a big fan of Will's. I'm sure it'll end up being watchable.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Okay, well I saw the previews and I seriously wanted to go see it. It looked pretty funny and cute at the same time. If I laughed at the commercials, then it's got something going for it. ^_^

I don't know if I'll spend the money to go and actually see it, but I definitely will check it out when it comes out on DVD.

And Shrek is NOT a kiddie movie. No, not at all. Too many inneundos.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Yes, actually I do want to see it. It doesn't look half bad. I think he will play a very good role as a "human-elf". It looks like a nice family movie, that I will probably end up seeing when I go to my father's house for the holidays. ^_^
Personally I wouldn't say Will Farrel is getting desperate, just doing a new thing. It's a change in the wind. Personally.... I can't wait to see it!
And indeed Shrek was not a childrens movie... it's not that great when your four year old brother comes out of the theater saying, "Well I've got to save my a**." ^^;; Plus... it had many thinks kids don't understand. :p Lol.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Alastor [/i]
[B]Well it might not be all that bad. I thought Shrek was a kiddie move but it turned out to be funny. So yo never know.. just because it looks kiddie doent mean it not a good movie. [/B][/QUOTE]

No cartoon (well, except the emperers new groove) is as funny as shrek.

I think Elf just looks retarded. My 15 year old football playing anime freak cousin wants to see it tough. He thought it was hillariouse when he screamed SANTA!!!!!!! I know him! I think it just looks... Like a waste of 2 million dollars. Blech. And who is that actor guy?

I don't think so, he makes any movie funny, I like his style of acting, I mean, at 18 I would probaly see that movie just because he's in it.. I'd take like, my little sister or a nephu (sp) though so I odn't look like a loser..

[QUOTE]And Shrek is NOT a kiddie movie. No, not at all. Too many inneundos.[/QUOTE]
And yes, Queen Asuka, taht is not a kids movie, and if you've seen Toy Story 2, there's a few inneundos in there too... ONe day, I remember, I was watching Hey Arnold (when i was younger) and he was outside and he was looking inside the building, and they showed him through the buildeing, and behind him was a glass shop, and his hair was covering the "gl" in "glass" so it say *ss... They do that in the Simpsons too, but that is a more mature show anytways... Not as mature as say, South Park (Which is really funny by the way) but teh Simpsons is still kinda mature..

[color=midnightblue]I was interested when I heard Will Ferrell was making a movie, and at first I found the previews to be decently humorous. But as time went on, and as I heard more about the movie, it seemed less and less interesting. The jokes seemed to be mostly childish and based on physical comedy, which is not exactly the highest form of humor on my list. Ferrel is known for his wackiness, but how many times can you watch a tall, curly haired guy fall over or get hit or something?

I'm probably going to end up seeing it, though. I'm an avid Ferrel fan, plus my parents want to see it, so I don't have much of a choice in the matter. Who knows? Perhaps some of the funnier bits are not seen in the previews, and it may be more intelligent than I'm giving it credit for.[/color]

Well seeing as though it seems only a couple people saw this, I'd say just ignore most everyone else. I saw it on Sunday and thought it was a very good movie. Obviously it's a little dorky because it's aimed at the family market and Christmas, but it was still fun. A lot of the jokes were funny and I loved the throwbacks to those old claymation Christmas shows like Rudolph.

I personally think that "Elf" isn't really a "kiddie" movie. One of my friends who is 16 years old saw it with his girlfriend and they thought it was hilarious! I want to see it too and i agree with other people. Whats wrong with movies that don't have guns, and mature features i ask you. And also, Will Ferrel is a human being capable of making his own decisions of what he wants to do. It could be that he just wants to do this type of movie more, he may not be desperate. And when he was on SNL and in "Old School", that didn't mean he enjoyed that type of stuff more. He might be just good at it. Actors have emotions too you know, they may like some things and not like others. Just like I'm extremely good at Math but its my least favorite subject! Will Ferrel is allowed to do what he wants.

Thank you, and good night.