Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=darkblue]
[size=1]
My new banner thread ^_-!

All of these banners are made on Paint Shop Pro 8. (My photoshop was accidently deleted >.<)

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=512313[/img]

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=511847[/img]

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=511501[/img]

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=512470[/img]
[/color]
[/size]
Posted
Those top two are not very good. very pixelly, and need a change of fonts, as the fonts are a bad colour or don't fit in or don't stand out. In another thread I commenetd on your Hellsing one. That Gohan one is probably one of the best of yours. The pictures are clear, nice format, but the font is.. very difficult to see. try changing the colour of the font, reducing the green border. Maybe if it was all black, or alternately you could just get a bigger font. Anwyays, good work.

5/10
5/10
8/19
7.5/10
Posted
Gohan Gohan Gohan Gohan Gohan....I LOVE HIM!
...Anyways, the first one is okay, but the image of Tsukasa on the right is kind of....glitchy, I suppose. It's not that bad, just needs a better image (or were you going for that effect?). 6/10
The second one, I've seen that guy before, although I have no idea who he is...if you told me, I'd suddenly realize it.
I like it, the blue of the background and the images mix well together, as do the font. 9/10
The Hellsing one is pretty good. I'm not a fan of it, so I dont' know much about the series, but that's a nice banner. Simple and well-mmixed. 8/10
The fourth one is my favorite, Gohan. Because he's my favorite and I'd rant on forever on how it's the best, I won't say anything. ^^
Nice job, though.
Posted
Okay, the first one is great, except for the pic on the right. I don't like it that way, so I give you a 9/10.
The second one rocks, I give you a 10/10. The font, background, and pics work marvelously.
The Hellsing one is pretty nice. 8/10
And the Gohan one is good, except I would change the font. 7/10.
Posted
Thanks for replying everyone. Here's my latest bannner. Spritied Away. Its not complete yet, (because I need to find a good font for it..)

Enjoy!

Oh, yeah, and does anyone know a good website where I could download different types of fonts?
Posted
i love that banner! it is so pretty. i think i should go see Spirited Away. *sigh* i havent seen it yet. >.< but that banner looks very good. especially the people in the back. they add a nice contrast to the brightness of the girl in front. are they underwater? looks kinda like it.
i'm not sure if this is against the rules or not, but you can get good fonts at 1001fonts.com they have oodles of fonts to choose from. try there.
it looks good
Posted
Thanks for replying Haze.


Here are a few new banners...



[img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=516492[/img]

[img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=517136[/img]

[img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=517609[/img]
Posted
I like all of them! The spirited away one is awesome! You don't see many of them on the boards..::sigh:: I really like the riku one. I dont really like the bottom text though. Maybe if it were like the top text, it would be a little easier to read. Anyways, Great job!
Hope to see more soon!
~NaRu
Posted
[color=darkblue]
[size=1]
Thank's for replying Naru^_^
--
My brother taught me how to use Adobe ImageReady yesterday,
So as an experiment, I made a Final Fantasy 8 Banner *animated* ^___^ Yep! Its my first (i think) animated banner!
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=521061[/img]
Enjoy!
[/size]
[/color]
Posted
Wow Shippo....

I like the Spirited Away banner, a text like you said will make it better. Makes me want to just go see the movie!!!!
After the Spirted Away one, I can't see the top banner, but I see the Goku one. That's good, and so is the Kaoru one.
The one after that is cool. I like it how you added kind of like a water effect to when the other picture pops up. Good job!
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
[color=darkblue]
[size=1]
Yey! Welcome back Klin^_^!
--
Anyway, here're a few of my recent banner's.

[img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=529060[/img]
For the holiday banner contest.

[img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=529649[/img]
Made for Rei.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=527751[/img]
Made for Anime Ninja

[img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=530573[/img]
My Favorite Banner yet.^_^ I know, Its way over the size limit but I still like it..


And oh yea. Please reply, No one ever does :bawl:



[/color]
[/size]
Posted
Since you replied for me, I will do the same for you. I guess I will go backwards. I like the Legato banner. I just don't like the bluish rim that surounds the robot. It looks like you were unable to crop or something.

Anime Ninja. I LOVE it!!!! I think the two images were blended perfectly. I really like how the girl is a tad bit shadowed. It adds depth to your banner. Nioce work.

The Torchic one is soo cute! What is it from? I like the block pattern in the background. I looks really good.

And your submission to the contest. That is so cute. I love the picture. It is sweet and pretty.

Very nice cropping on all of the above. I hope to see more.
Posted
I like the Krillin one. It's cool that you used a non-Christmas related image and sorta turned it into one.

I also like the Torchic one... I just don't like how the grid is so dark over the picture.

You spelled apocalypse wrong. :(
Posted
[color=darkblue]
[size=1]
A few new banners.


[img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=531349[/img]


[img]http://shippo.250free.com/BabyDragon.jpg[/img]
((looks like the one made for Rei right? Yea, he asked me to make it like that))

Comments + Critism(sp?) welcome.

Oh yeah. Lmao. Thanks for the spellcheck Dan Rugh^_^, As you could see, Spelling isn't really my subject :sweat:
[/color]
[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by klinanime1 [/i]
[B]I really like the 10,000 members banner, it just has an aura that I love. Great job once again! [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]klinanime1, you've been here long enough by now to fully understand the rules. I'll ask you to read the sticky on Constructive Criticism at the top of the forum very carefully, as well as a few other general rules. Thanks.[/color]
Posted
[color=darkblue]
[size=1]
Er, new banner. Took me a while to do, and Im pretty proud of it^_^.

[img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=534980[/img]

C & C [b]please[/b]!
[/size]
[/color]
Posted
Hehe, that's cute, really.
The chibi pic of Chichiri in the middle is really kawaii. The background mixes in well with the images.
My only complaint is that you seem a bit repetative in your colors - that is, to say that you use that style of blue a lot.
The text is okay...I think a different color would help it a bit, to stand out some more.
Overall, it's a nice banner, just that the background and text kind of bother me. A bit. >.<
Posted
Chichiri! (eh, I thought his left eye was gouged out.) Anyways, nice clean cuts, etc. I like how the chibi pic is the only picture of Chichiri not blue, and the birds in the bg kinda make it ... ethereal, I guess. great job. I kinda wish it weren't so symmetrical, and had a stronger, more intricate border, but it's great as is.
Posted
[color=darkblue]
[size=1]
[quote]
My only complaint is that you seem a bit repetative in your colors - that is, to say that you use that style of blue a lot.

[/quote]

Lol, I completely agree. Thats why my newest banner is red ^_^!
A rather dark red, but still red.

[img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=537204[/img]

And it's animated too :)

[has the same texture as the "myO banner". If ya noticed]

EDIT: Oooops...I forgot the border :(
[/color]
[/size]
Posted
Roll!!!! I love her!! Perfection, Shippo. I absolutly love the squgglies that are on either side of the banner. How did you do that? I love the texture effect that you put on there. It looks amazing. I only have a slight problem with the text. Can you see the break in the 'R'? The top is grey and the bottom is black. Other than that itsy-bitsy detail it is perfect. ^__^ Keep it up.

~Haze

P.S. I absolutly love your sig banner. LOL!
Posted
Great job once again! This is a banner that I personally feel does not need a border. The background creates a border effect that does well. I like how the only vibrant colors are the ones on the chara, which draws the attention.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Haze [/i]
[B]I absolutly love the squgglies that are on either side of the banner. How did you do that? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]
[size=1]
Lol, lot's of people have been asking me about that. Those are airbrush effects. You can get them from various websites. My friend [who is also a photoshop user,] sent them to me over AIM. I'll try asking him where he got them from.

Anyway, I've just made a new banner. Sonic X. I'm not really enjoying the show much [at all...] but its Sonic none-the-less[sp??]

This was made for a guild I joined in neopets. Not much, and its rather huge, so I can't use it here.

[img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=541579[/img]
[[Sonic Fans Galore is the guild name]]
==
Keep the comments coming please!
[/color]
[/size]
Posted
Oh Wow. I love this... The only thing that bothers me is the scan lines.. Maybe try to lower the opacity a little? Well this is one of my favorites and just keep them coming ^^.


I'll give this a 9/10

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...