Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I love your banners, they all look really good. I really like that Naruto one, it`s my favorite. Keep up the good work and mabye you can give me some pointers on making good banners.
Posted
I loved this banner! My best Inuyasha banner so far!

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=519302[/img]

i made this for DemonzDragoon
Posted
I agree. I love that background!!! I really like how you blended all of those different shades of red. nice job. and that box/banner running through the middle. . . . GORGEOUS! ^^ It really adds alot. just one thing: where it says Dragon on the side. I can't read that without squinting really really hard. And that is no good. I'm not sure how you can fix that but I'm sure you will think of something. ^^
~haze
Posted
Here's a Sasuke banner, it's kinda like the other inuyasha banner, but i think the colors don't mix well. Tell me what you think ^^

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=519422[/IMG]
Posted
I like that you are starting to use more boxes like those. But I do agree with you that those colors do not go well with the theme. I would think that you should make it either just blue and red bar or blue and pink bar. But I wouldn't keep both red and pink. Also I don't really like the font you used. To put it nice and simple. .. . . . it's ugly. Sorry, but it is. I can't say that without being brutatly honest. ^^ keep it up tho!
~haze
Posted
It's ok Haze ^^ , that's why i made this thread, so i can see peoples point of views of my banners. Well i do agree with you the font really didn't fit and the bar was weird, I had to finish it before i had to go to school, so i was in a rush. I thank everyone for there honesty and i hope that i improve.


here is a new hellsing banner.I Haven't seen the anime, but i just thought alucard looked cool.

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=519716[/IMG]
Posted
Thanks everyone! I just finished a Legato banner and i'll just edit more onto this post!

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=519919[/IMG]
Posted
I like that Konohamaru one, nice picture, clean and crisp, and a good background. Bad point for this one? It is very hard to read the word 'Dragon'.

'Bang'... this image and components are good, but that text... it is jagged and, whilst I think the colours are all right, the text looks pretty bad and amateurish. Also, the border doesn't seem equidistant on all sides, and there seems to be some colour blurring into the border gap.

That Inuysha banner of yours is great... one of your best, IMO. Nice colour scheme, awesome image, great cropping. Two disses though... the font border... it is all jagged, and it doesn't look [i]smooth[/i]. Smooth, clean line are important.. even if you do the fonts really big separately, and then make them smaller to disguise the jagged edges... it just looks bad. Also, the 'Dragon' down the side is very difficult to see.

Now for that banner you didn't like the scheme on...Hhhmmm. Good picture, good layout, bad colours and bad text. It evens out to make this a 5.5/10 banner. Change colours, change text. You don't need to make millions of banners, what you need, is to take more time on each one, refining it.

[quote]Well i do agree with you the font really didn't fit and the bar was weird, I had to finish it before i had to go to school, so i was in a rush.[/quote]

This just proves my point. Do banners for yourself, not for us... you don't need to produce lots often, just good ones when you can.

Now onto that awesome Hellsing one... I love it. Never seen any anime, but that banner is awesome. Better text, great backround, good image. And your overall layout is good.

Legato... Iyeh...

Cool background, nice picture HORRIBLE TEXT! You see? Try different fonts, experiment until you find a better one that that. even plain Arial would be an improvement on that jagged thing.

Your banners are generally good, however your text is horrible and a let-down to the overall high quality of your work.
Posted
The Legatio is nice, and the font is two things to me: cool and annoying.
It's a good font in the way of theme, but it is also hard to read.
WOO! BLUE! I LIKE BLUE!!! ...*cough* It's also a bit plain, come to think of it, and the main focus is the blue background. It's okay, but definetly not your greatest piece.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kyo no Ryu [/i]
[B]:wow: holy :wow: that is :wow: the shiznicks :wow: I have never in my life seen a banner that uses such an...... interesting picture with such an awesome quote. Very good. LEGATO! [/B][/QUOTE]
You really need to improve your post quality and refer to the sticky thread on constructive criticism at the top of the page. I also feel that we may have been a little leniant on you elsewhere on the boards, but if this continuous..well, just make sure it doesn't. ^_^
Posted
umm.... that was a compliment dude.

Okay then:
The Lagato banner was really great. The shodow picture blended perfectly with the background. It was a really great quote that fit perfectly with a nice font and coloring.
Posted
Wow, Kyo you really need to work on your posting skills, For the sake of this thread....

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=520936[/IMG]

after listening to what haze said i decided to improve this banner.
Posted
I wish I could say that it has no flaws. ^^ Sadly, it has a few. The first is your text. It is really smooshed in, making it a little hard to read. Also thhose white edges make it look extra-jagged, and you want it to be smooth. Also the background picture is really really pixely. So much so that I can see the individual blocks that make it up. And that is definitly a bad thing.

On the plus side, you cropped really well, but then you always do. ^^ I like the transparent man beside the non-transparent (what is the word I am looking for? I can't seem to remember. ><) man. It'll look really good when you clean it up!
~haze
Posted
Okay that banner right there is just rediculus. In a good way. In an awesome way.

The faded pick is good but what in the heck is on his arms? It has great text but theres just 1 problem... lately a lot of your banners are too similar. Think outside the box. -_^
Posted
ok, i'm back from vacation and expected to make tons of more banners. This thread has been deserted lately, and i'm wondering..... WHY ARE THE SAME PEOPLE POSTING!!!! Ok.... enough with that, i was looking at jame's ff7:advent children banners, and (not knowing about it at all) took a look at some pictures, and this is what i got.

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/480696/cloud3.jpg[/img]
Posted
I love the text on that picture, and the simple border works well. However, I don't think you have done anything else with the picture. I know the picture you used and all you did was add the text. However, I can liken to that as I often do that so... good stuff. I love it's simplicity

Technical: 4/10
Aesthetic: 8/10
Posted
i made a wierd colorful version of the cloud banner, It's quite funny, but does NOT fit on the banner what so ever, Just posting it on for kicks.

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=524331[/IMG]
Posted
Great just great! I really like the Cloud banner. It is seriously cool, though I like to see his sword in banners this one is still excellent.

The second banner rocks also. It is very funny and I agree it should be a Dragon Board somewhere. Maybe one with Gambit in it.^_^
Posted
I love it baron! Just one thing though, can you take away the green line going around the top and the right side of the banner ^^ thanks.

Well i was on vacation... again. And i just made a new banner. Enjoy!
Posted
I'm backkkkkk*laughs evily* yes well the big baby one is nice. You've done better though.*nodds* The ones I really like are the DragonBoard, Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop. THose are all pretty good. There really should be a Dragonboard. Interesting place that would be. Very interesting. *nodds* The Inuyasha one id diffinatly well done too. Inuyasha looks good with red. Background or other wise. As for the Cowboy Bebop one...well, Spike is cool. :toothy:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...