OtakuBoards

Charles

I've liked Urban studies ever since I started the class this summer. Professor Jackson was pretty upbeat and the lectures were interesting and thought-provoking.

Well today, I was supposed to take my first exam of the new school year. I got to my class five minutes early, expecting to see the tests being passed out so that we could get an early start, but my professor wasn't there yet. I figured great, just a little more time to study. It's 8:05 and he's still not there, but his two colleagues who teach recitation are. I figured that something strange had happened, as all three of them usually walk to class together and are never late.

Finally, Mr. Butler, who has worked along side Dr. Jackson for 18 years, told my class that he had some bad news for us. I felt completely empty, and, well the feeling is undescribable, as he tried not to break down telling us that Dr. Jackson passed away this weekend from a heart attack. Everyone in my class fought to get where they are at, and he told us how proud he was of us, just this Friday and that he cares about each and every one of us. I don't really know how to react to this. I usually try to take a bad situation and make it better with jokes...but that won't work this time. Talking doesn't help yet, either. I figure time will take care of the rest, but for people like Mr. Butler and Dr.Jackson's wife..I wonder how they can deal with this and still say that we will move on. Anyway, I'm only posting this because it makes me feel better to either write things or type them; kind of a stress relief.

[b]Damn! CWB's Pan Man? And nobody told me? Damn you all![/b]
BTw Safer,..you can say 'damn'. I realised this when I was posting in the Aesty Tourney, and (as usual) I typed:
[b]damn--------------------damn[/b]
and it came out like that, instead of like this:
[b]****--------------------****[/b]
If ya look, you'll see one of my recent posts over there has been edited.. ;)

That's sry to hear. I know how it feels going through a death situation. I don't like to keep it up all bottled up inside i like to talk to others about it that is how i feel better about it. I hope u feel better and he probably wouldn't want u to feel sorry and sad about him because he is with God in heaven and probably having a BLAST he wants u to feel good and just think about how good of a man he was.

Hey, thanks guys, what you said really made me feel better, and after talking about it with my friends, some of the grief has calmed down a little, but time is the real key to relief.. At first I just felt like punching a hole through something. This experience really made me realize how fragile life is, and I don't really think this topic is morbid, it was kinda just necessary for me.(or I would have punched that hole in a wall or something)