OtakuBoards

A Perfect Circle, anyone?

Blista

Are there any fans in here? I've recently become a pretty big listener after purchasing their latest album, Thirteenth Step. [i]The Noose[/i], [i]Blue[/i], and [i]Gravity[/i] are by far my favorites. This is probably one of the most underrated bands I've seen.

[size=1] I still think Tool is better. But I haven't heard their first CD, only their second.

I think it was a decent CD over all. But I find that it really didn't keep my attention as much as some other stuff. It just didn't grow on me as much either, and nearly all good music does that.

I prefer Tool over them. So yes. That's about all I have to say.[/size]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I haven't listened to the new album all the way through yet, but I am a BIG fan of the band. I have the first album, which is absolutely brilliant and has some of the most beautiful songs ever written on it. I would say that I like it much better than what I've heard from Thirteenth Step, so if you are a big listener, pick it up.

And you too, Mitch. Stop it with all that "they are decent" nonsense. *Pokes him with her Plushiewand*[/color][/size]

I thought Thirteenth Step was a disappointment after Mer de Noms honestly. I was looking forward to for a few reasons... obviously because APC was coming off an amazing debut, but also because Twiggy of Marilyn Manson was replacing the ever annoying and self-centered Paz on bass.

The first time I p layed through it, I was a bit let down. I figured it would grow on me, as most of my favorites do. And it did, but not as much as I hoped.. The best description I have for the CD is "dull". That's really all it was for me. It never really went far enough with anything it tried to do.

That doesn't mean it's not a great LP, as it is... but it was one of my bigger disappointments for the year. Especially coming off Mer de Noms... and Maynard coming off Lateralus (despite the fact that Howerdell writes the music for APC, something people seem to not be aware of in general for some reason).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]

And you too, Mitch. Stop it with all that "they are decent" nonsense. *Pokes him with her Plushiewand*[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] Well, I'm only basing it on what I've heard, my Queen; and I have only heard [i]Thirteenth Step[/i], and from that, I gather that "they are decent." At least to what I've heard, that is. I'm sure [i]Mer de Noms[/i] will blow my mind away, but as it stands, [i]Thirteenth Step[/i] didn't really do what it set out to do well.

As for "Weak and Powerless," I think that's one of the weakest songs on the CD, honestly. It sounds more like a poppy, dull song than anything; and the lyrics to it are especially banal. The only things that are as worse as that song are "Lullaby" (which I actually think is decent, but it's so short and so pointless, really) and the worst track on the whole CD, "Crimes."

My favorite songs would be "The Package," "The Noose," "Blue," "The Nurse Who Loved Me," and "Pet." "Pet" also probably stands out as the best to me.[/size]

[color=blue]Long time no post....

Pet would have to be my personal favourite on that album, with Blue running second. Lullaby was the soundtrack to a dream I had a week ago. A nightmare, in fact.
Of course 13th Step isn't better then Mer De Noms, most cd's by any band aren't better then Mer De Noms. I was still pretty happy with 13th Step, because of Twiggy and Iha making appearences.
The only thing that pissed me off about APC was them pulling out of the Big Day Out. What happenned?
I've heard that Maynard was done on drug charges, and Twiggy got done for sexual violence charges. Has anyone heard anything, or are these simply rumours.
-jc[/color]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I was introduced to this band through my friend Jenny. She is a huge rock fan, and loves Tool. She was all too excited to make. . I mean, LET me listen to these guys. I was really impressed with what I heard.

Normally, I stay out of music threads, since I don't know music, and I would better serve everyone if I would keep out. . lol. But because of my friend Jenny, and knowing that Avalon (Etarah) is such a big fan, I had to post something!

I really enjoy the sound of the band, and am happy that while both bands have the same lead vocal, the sounds of each are very different. I have only heard a few off the new album, but am very interested in hearing more ^_^ [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Metalhead Link
you know what sucks, when good bands break up or finish , like the red hot chilli peppers, metallica, slipknot, etc. . this topic is a perfect example , tool - a great band , breaks up to become a perfect circle , nothing against it but most of these new bands suck.

[size=1] I think at least half the bands you mentioned never broke up. lol.

Metallica didn't break up, they recently released a new CD, [i]St. Anger.[/i]

As far as I know, Red Hot Chilli Peppers aren't broken up. I remember seeing that new video from their new album, it had something about a car in it.

Slipknot did break up, I believe.

Tool didn't break up. A Perfect Circle is just a side project for Maynard. I'm not sure if they'll ever make another album, but I have my fingers crossed. But they didn't break up.

Ah well. You're entitled to think what you think--but at least get your facts straight.[/size]