OtakuBoards

Do you stay for the credits?

Eugi

Hey there.
I was watching the matrix reloaded DVD last night after I shut down my computer, and I was watching the credits to listen to the crappy songs that they put on (mainly the P.O.D one and the Linkin park one).

But it wasn't the music that left me with a thread inspiration, it was the credits.

My question is...if you know or suddenly find out that the credits of the movie you just watched have a song you really love to hear at that time, or anything that would catch your time while watching - would you stick till the end credits oft he movie just to watch it?

I personally don't (Either I have to urinate HORRIBLY, or I have better things to do, maybe just want to enjoy the sunlight after all the darkness).

Sometimes, I would watch the credits; as long as they play my favorite song first. I love the matrix reloaded movie too. The only thing that got me into watching the credits was waiting for the sneak preview of matrix revolution.

The movie "How the Grinch Stole Christmas (with Jim Carry)" played my favorite song during the credits. It was "Where are you Christmas." I just love listening to that song. Faith Hill is so cool.

Anyways, it all depends on what comes up after the credits.
It could be either bloopers, images, sneak previews of a new movie, or the songs played. So, yeah I would [U]sometimes[/U] watch over the credits. "I better see some bloopers.":shifty:

I don't get it...

If there is a song I really love, or something to catch my attention that I want to see...

Of course I would stay. WHy not? If there was nothing else to do, I'd stay there. I don't really see a question here. lol. If there is something I want to see or hear, I'll wait behind.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i]
[B]I don't get it...

If there is a song I really love, or something to catch my attention that I want to see...

Of course I would stay. WHy not? If there was nothing else to do, I'd stay there. I don't really see a question here. lol. If there is something I want to see or hear, I'll wait behind. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, some people do think like that, that thye would stay behind and all, but if youre hanging around with your friends, you dont want to lose them or whatever, and you dont want them to have fun while youre sitting there watching the credits...and who knows, you might be the only one in there.

Usually by the time the credits roll around, I just want to get out of there. I don't eat or leave during the entire movie, so I'm usually pretty antsy near the end.

Plus I have to drive and I don't want to be getting out of the place with 50 other cars.

I only stay if I know there is a scene afterwards.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Stephanie Ayler [/i]
[B] "I better see some bloopers.":shifty: [/B][/QUOTE]

Haha, sorry I forgot to quote that, went to sleep right away.
Yeah, the whole point of some credits is to see how the actors and actress screwed up during the movie :D that is the brst. I think thats the point on most credits are the bloopers.:wigout:

I don't stay for the credits in the movie. I only came to see the movie, not the credits.
Even if there is a good song while the credits are on, I would still leave because I would want to go home unless I went to a movie with my friends. They might want to listen to a good song and we'd might stay. But hardly we every do.

[color=royalblue] I love to stay thru the credits, to make fun of all the different names people have. :demon: I know it is a little mean, but hey don't knock it, until you have read some of the name in the credits of a movie. :laugh: In addition, I like to find out who was who in the movie sometimes (like in animes and the voices).
THE FIZZ[/color]:wigout:

Guest rttocs77
Out of respect for the cast and crew I watch the credits. It's pretty annoying how some people, as soon as the credits start rolling, get up and leave and make a big commotion.

It was nice in the old days when they played all the credits at the beginning, so you had no choice but to sit and watch.

The ONLY reason to watch that Final Fantasy movie would be to see the credits, as L'Arc~en~Ciel has a song as an ending theme. But that's just one case of course.

I like to think any MST3K fan would sit through the credits after Crow's comment "Why do people always leave during the credits? I always [i]stay[/i] for the credits." So that would include me.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rttocs77 [/i]
[B]
It was nice in the old days when they played all the credits at the beginning, so you had no choice but to sit and watch. [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh, at our cinemas, the cleaners movie in as soon as the credits start rolling, so you have to leave.

I like to stay for the credits, especially if there are some extra scenes afterwards, but as soon as the attendants throw on the big spotlights to start cleaning, you can't see them anyway.:naughty:

Okay, this may not have anything to do with what you guys are talking about. But I just bought the [i]LORT: TT[/i] extended edition. It's great, but about 15 of the 43 extra minutes is this crappy LOTR fan club credits. WTF! Why does Peter Jackson think I'd want to watch that. He did it with the [i]Fellowship[/i] extended edition too. All it is, is a novelty for people in the fan club; "OMG, I was mentioned in the LOTR movie." Now, yes I would probably enjoy it if I was part of the club, but I'm not, so I'm going to complain instead. Bleh, waste of 15 minutes!

You dang skippy I stay for the credits. If I go to a movie, I'mma get my moneys worth. Meanin I'mma go see the previews, snack items, movie, AND credits. I aint gonna waste $10 like that and just watch a movie. Hell, I may even stay 5 minutes after the credits are done just for the heck of it....okay, I'm just playin there.

But if you leave a movie before the credits are done rollin, you may miss somethin good at the end. Like with Fast and the Furious, if you walked out before the end of the credits, you missed the alternate ending....well, most of the time. They didnt show the alternate ending on all the showings for some reason. But I was lucky enough to go to the showing that tehy did show the alternate ending for. Although it wasnt really worth stayin since it was just Dom driving around the beach and thinking to himself. But eh, it was different from the normal ending.

Plus, you definetly get to hear the songs in the movie and find out what the names of em are so you can get them yourself. *shrugs*

[size=1][color=darkblue]Erm, I only stay in the credits if I've fallen asleep, or if I recognise and actor/actress and remember their names, because that really bugs me. However, quite a few idiots find it fascinating to wave there hands in the way of the projecter...
'Woah, look my hands on the screen' *dies of over-excitement* ...Anyway...
In the first post in this thread, I picked out this...
[quote]watching the credits to listen to the crappy songs that they put on (mainly the P.O.D one and the Linkin park one).
[/quote]
Can I ask what P.O.D song ,and what Linkin Park song is at the end of Matrix Reloaded?
When watching the first two films on DVD, I have to watch the credits, because both films have Rage Against Against the Machine songs as soon as they start rolling. The Matrix has 'Wake Up', and Reloaded had 'Calm Like A Bomb'. I was quite dissapointed at the fact there was no Rage song for the end of Revolutions!
To finish off my post, I wil lhold my hand in the air, and tell rttocs77 that I'm a firm believer in credits at the start, not the end.
--Bing [/color][/size]

Guest rttocs77
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bing [/i]
[B][size=1][color=darkblue]
To finish off my post, I wil lhold my hand in the air, and tell rttocs77 that I'm a firm believer in credits at the start, not the end.
--Bing [/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks. Even back then though they didn't put EVERYONE involved in the credits at the beginning.

Seriously guys though, it takes a lot of work on everyone part to make a movie (even crappy ones), it only makes sense to sit through the 5-10 minutes worth of credits, if not out of respect to those involved in the filmmaking process, but to see if there is anything interested afterwards.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bing [/i]
[B]

Can I ask what P.O.D song ,and what Linkin Park song is at the end of Matrix Reloaded?
[/B][/QUOTE]
That would be "sleeping awake" and "Session"
In the P.O.D to Linkin Park order.

My friends and I make a big joke out of staying through all the credits. I find it somewhat funny when all the theatre workers are standing at the back of the theater waiting for you to leave so they can clean. The first time we did it, it was just to be stupid. Now, it's sort of tradition (provided we don't have somewhere we have to be or someone doesn't desperately need to use the restroom.)
Another friend pointed out to me that out she watches all the credits for sheer respect for all the behind the scenes people who put a lot of work into the movie and are hardly acknowledge. She figures, the least you can do is watch their names roll by...lol
I also have fun making an idiot out of myself by dancing crazily to the music playing during the credits... :laugh: :P

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rttocs77 [/i]
[B]Thanks. Even back then though they didn't put EVERYONE involved in the credits at the beginning.

Seriously guys though, it takes a lot of work on everyone part to make a movie (even crappy ones), it only makes sense to sit through the 5-10 minutes worth of credits, if not out of respect to those involved in the filmmaking process, but to see if there is anything interested afterwards. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly! I stay because who knows? One day my name will be up there as an editor or something XD LOL. But in all seriousness, filmmaking is tremendously hard work, and I want to give my respects to fellow filmmakers who've spent hours upon hours trying to put a movie together. It's a little sad that not many seem to bother looking at who the screenwriter(s) and cinematographers are, much less gaffers and grips, wardrobe, set design, etc. Without those working behind the screen, a film cannot exist at all, and acknowledging their impact on the film shouldn't be seen as a bother. Walking out on the credits is almost like walking out on someone making an important speech. IMHO, we should be throwing praises their way for their efforts; without people doing work behind the screen, movies would not exist, and without the influence of films, television wouldn't be around either (I better stop before I start quoting Eisenstein, Arnheim, Metz and Mulvey XD).

Of course, that's just me. I come from a perspective where I'm working hard to get into film production, so I like to give my appreciation in any way I can to those who do what I want to do. Sitting through 15 minutes of credits is the least I can do.

:gets off of soapbox:

If the music that comes on with the credits sounds good, then I will stay and listen. I've done that a lot of times. Sometimes after the movie, I like to sit and reflect on it and listen to the music especially if the movie was very moving ( i.e. American Beauty).

Then there are times when I just don't feel like getting up. Pathetic, I know, but hey. That's how I catch scenes that you would normally miss if you hadn't stayed.

Guest rttocs77
The only movie I have ever been to where EVERYONE stayed for the credits was Elephant. Other than that people jump up to leave ASAP and start talking right away. I think that's very rude.

• 1 month later...