OtakuBoards

Limp Bizkit

Michelangelo

Its limp Bizkit please.
I used to love limp bizkit, but the overuse of the word fk was getting on my nerves. I like their rythm and all, but Limp Bizkit free styles too much like a techno dj or a rapper or whatever. Maybe he wants to sound lie that, but he sounds like an idiot, at least back in the days of the hot dog flavored water and below.

The song "eat you alive" is going and never went anywhere. Limp bizkit just kind of sucks now, i used to like them...but every band i used to like i had a certain amount of respect for...limp bizkit just wasnt there. I never quite respected them at all.

Limp Bizit music has really fallen. His songs used to have so much energy, but now all they do is drain energy from you and your CD player. I remember I used to listen to Chocolate Starfish and Hot Dog flavored Water all the time. I made My Way my anthem of the year. Now I listen to all his songs on wrestling and just cry because they suck so badly. I remember at Wrestlemania where he performed last year, he killed the crowd and the Bud Lite Cat Fight Girls had to bring it back to life. I think he paid them to let him do the theme song for that event and Survivor Series. Just another sad attempt by a sad artist trying to save his career.

Why do some of these posts give the impression that people think the vocalist's name is Limp Bizkit? That's the band. His name is Fred Durst. It's as equally strange as people calling Clare Torry "Pink Floyd". Maybe I'm just reading the post wrong lol.

In any case, I never thought these guys were anything special. A terrible mix of nu-metal, hip hop based rhymes and stupid antics. No thanks. The only decent part of the band, Wes Borland, is long gone and on to better things from what I've seen. That guy at least has my respect, based on his comments when he left. The rest of the band can rot, in my opinion.

[size=1][color=darkblue] Took the words right out of my mouth Semjaza.
I used to be a big fan of Limp Bizkit, and occasionally, I listen to them. The first album, Three Dollar Bill Y'All is definatley the best album, in my opinion. Since then, it's like Fred Durst has slowly turned into a rapper with a higher pitched voice than before. I can't say I don't like their new song though, 'Behind Blue Eyes'. Even though it's a cover, it's done pretty well, and doesn't ruin the old song.
The one main problem I have with Limp Bizkit, is that, like many other groups in the genre, only one member is known, Fred Durst. Perhaps that's why some people in this thread think Fred is 'Limp Bizkit'.Now, I have no information to prove that what I'm about to say is right or wrong, it's just a conclusion I've come to. feel Fred Durst [b]wants[/b] it that way. That's why Wes left after all, because he couldn't put up with it.
Does any one agree with that? Look forward to reading responses.
--Bing[/color][/size]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I actually haven't heard any new Limp Bizkit past Hot Dog Flavored Water. And I really liked that album.

Yes, I admit, I used to be a huge Limp Bizkit fan. Me and my sisters pop in their albums every now and then when we want to sing some funky songs and laugh our heads off as we drive down the road. It's really sad to hear that they've gone so much down hill.

They still have Borland, right? ^_^[/color][/size]

I liked a few of there songs. Hell, I loved alot of there songs. Rollin', My Generation, etc. I'll have to check there new album to see if they have improved with there other songs. But I so far like Fred's rendition to "Behind Blue Eyes". He sings it with real feeling. But thats just one song.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Why do some of these posts give the impression that people think the vocalist's name is Limp Bizkit? That's the band. His name is Fred Durst. It's as equally strange as people calling Clare Torry "Pink Floyd". Maybe I'm just reading the post wrong lol.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, that happens, and not only in threads and posts, but in real life. They actually call fred durst limp bizkit...
if the lead singer is an icon, they call the lead singer the bands name...

[size=1][color=CC0000]Summarised..

-First album is the best and sounds more rock than the other albums.

-Too much DJing and Techno sounds now.

-Borland left (good for him!), and now Limp Bizkit crash and burn. They are really crap now, in my opinion.

:)[/size][/color]

[size=1] The only album I have of theirs is [i]Signifigant Other[/i], and that is about all I've heard, other than "Faith."

I don't like them. I don't like Fred Durst's attitude. I don't like how he seems so much like he wants fame so bad that his music suffers.

Oh, and by the way, they now call themselves "limpbizkit," all together like that, with not caps, if I remember. Something like that; it doesn' t even matter, anyways.

A mostly mediocre band that I feel is getting worse and worse. Listen to something that's actually good--because there's artists way better than this out there.[/size]

Fred Durst may have "fame", but it has more or less debased itself into infamy instead. Most of LBs sale potential is more or less gone. The new CD is not spoken of well by critics, and last I heard isn't performing well on the charts either. Despite that, there's no such thing as too much to this guy.

I remember when Borland left... LB tried to make itself seem as though it loved the fans and did try-outs for a replacement at random guitar stores. They advertised the hell out of this.

People waited forever to get to play. Each applicant was sent in a room and told to sign some sort of agreement. If you didn't, you couldn't try out. Of course, the prospect of being in the band clouds people's judgement and I doubt many read it.

So they went in this room and were told to play. The thing is that the amps were set to mud settings and sounded like total crap. Many people were also playing pieces they worked on for quite some time, they weren't given LB stuff to play. The agreement they signed basically said that whatever they played became property of LB and that was that. So they got a ton of free riffs at the cost of applicants.

Which, yes, can be attributed to people not reading, but at the same time... it's still pretty shady. To top it off, they didn't even attempt to pick any of the people who tried out at these stores. They wound up with another guy.

So I don't know, but I don't like LB as a whole. Borland left because he didn't think the band was going anywhere musically. He felt trapped in a wheel, basically. Smart guy.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Tony, you confused the heck out of me with all this "LP" mess. I really hope you were meaning "LB."

Borland was the light of the band in my opinion. I mean Durst was always the one in the spotlight, but in the end it was always Borland that I was enamoured with. It's sad that he left and that LB is falling apart, but that's what happens. You can't really be famous forever...not nowadays at least.[/color][/size]

Guest cloricus
Traditionally you have LP - Long Play, EP - Extra Play (Rare) and SP - Short Play which represented types of records if history serves me right? Any way think of an LP as like an album, an EP as a cool bonus cd you scored with great songs that hardly any one else in the world has and SP's as singles.

Though in Sem?s case I think he?s confused LimpBizkit with Linkin Park. :p

I meant LB instead of LP lol. Despite the mix up, I think that was rather obvious... but oh well.

Anyway, that wasn't to be confused with record lengths. There are actually quite a few EPs out there... Most people just figure they're full LPs or even maxi-singles though.

In any case, I think the only member most people cared for in LB was Borland, simply because he was the only one with any actual talent.