OtakuBoards

Bell And Book And Candle [R]

Raiha

Seeing the she-elf's power wanning he smirked softly and let out a brief chuckle. Such foolishness from those of the pure heart. The battle raged around him as he picked his way throguh broken chairs and shards of glass in an attempt to make his exit. Feeling a sharp tug on the hem of his coat he looked down and sneered at the fallen human vainly trying to seek his aid. Pulling his coat away from the man's grasp. Nearing the doorway he grinned triumphantly and turned to look back over his shoulder at the demon's failing battle against the Draconian. Saluting the masses jauntily he turned back to make his exit, only to find his path firmly blocked by a large, horned demon that stood tall before him.

It's massive arms were folded across it's enormous torso and Belial could feel it's hot breath was over him in a sickening wave as it leaned down to rumble in his face.

"Well, well...I didn't say anyone could leave the battle early now did I mortal." It's grating voice boomed through the room, drowned only by the clamour of war that still carried on. Rolling his eyes Belial made a mock bow.

"Oh, forgive me I did not realise," looking up at the deomn with stormy eyes Belial lashed forward with a gloved hand and grasped the beast by a blackened horn, pulling it's head down to his level in curious show of strength. The demon, surprised by this action struggled vainly against Belial's hand, crying out sharly as the lord twisted his neck to and odd and painful angle. Leaning in Belial spat harshly through clenched teeth. "Fool! There is more power festering in one of my nose hairs then there is in your entire, pathetic body!" Releasing the hulking demon he barged his way past out into the street and the setting of the sun.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=royalblue]"Foolish spawn of the Helldark."

[i]Mechery, goddess of both Nature and All Things Magical, was irked. She could see Ochkik Haddah laughing over his small victory in the Monestary of the Faceless God..... ....and she was annoyed. From the black stone hovering over her throne, she could see whatever she wished, and Ochkik Haddah was now visible. She peered over his shoulder, then broke the connection with a wave of her fingers. Certainly the Faceless God spoke in mysterious ways and didn't always give a blatant sign, but he didn't willingly abbandon his followers. ....nor did he give them blessings and succors without great reason.

The dark god playing with them was hardly justifying any movement on his part. Mechery twisted one of her own web strands in annoyance and laughed at the results. The thunderstorm cleared and the lines on the page solidified and glowed ever so slightly.

The monk saw and crossed himself, thanking the wrong god. Mechery sat back, satisfied.[/i]

"Take that."

[i]The darkness pulsing from Ochkik Haddah wanned ever so slightly. He twitched his mane in annoyance and looked over his shoulder into the black stone seemingly floating in space. He brushed a claw over it and it revealed that which he desired.

Mechery looked into the stone just in time to come face to face with Ochkik Haddah. He growled at her and she flashed him a very indecent sign. He laughed maniacally and broke the connection. Then, in his lair, he began weaving another string to add onto the strands in his control.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][SIZE=1][i]Aidian was slashing like mad through all of the demons his blood screaming through his veins, as one fell, another appeared. He landed but kept his wings flared to their fullest extent, this in turn semi-blinded the demons and with one swipe he took out five.

As he glanced about Aidian noticed that the others were handling these deomons with ease, he decided to deal with Belial, he surveyed the room but could not find him. He then caught sight of Belial standing in front of the tavern's door, Aidian bolted for the door but a demon once again got in his way, he plunged his sword into the creature and it fell to the ground in a pile of flaming dust.[/i]

"Belial! You're mine!!!!" [i]Aidian ran at the smirking demon with his sword at the ready, but as he did he didn't see Belial's fist coming at his stomach. Just as Belial made contact Aidian's sword dug into his cheek and tore a large piece of skin stretching from his cheek to the back of his ear lobe, Belial reeled back in pain howling, but Aidian fell to the ground, his sword falling to the cobblestone and clutching his stomach. As Aidian stood up he looked around and stared at Belial.[/i]

"Aidian, you fool, now you will die by my servant's hands." [i]At those words a large black, horned demon appeared and flared its wings out.[/i]

"Oh shit, this is not good." [i]Aidian grumbled as he spat a little blood out of his mouth, he glared at the demon who was in the way of his sword, and Belial had gotten away.[/i][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Deep in the Nethersign that was the Faceless God's domain, the being in question pulsed and breathed. The creature was six winged and humanoid. His body was covered by the four wings and his feet were covered by the remaining two. Nobody, save his seraphic servants ever saw his face... ....that is if he had one.

His coloring was completely absent, like somebody had washed out all the color. The only color was the angelic hosts swirling above, around, and beneath him. The Faceless God was all powerful, in the esoteric realm. But otherwise he was annoyingly helpless. His portion of the web was by far the largest in control over the other four gods, and he did not abuse his power.

Rather, he saved ituntil the most oppertune time. Which was usually very far down the line. Alujah, Tai and Captain of his hosts was streaking upwards to his throne. Or lack of one. The clouds reshaped themselves to accomidate his floating form. Tai Alujah spread rainbow wings and paused.[/i]

"Mechery and Ochkik Haddah are meddling again."

[i]The Faceless God moved a wing to the side, exposing one bright eye....which resembled a brilliant opal.[/i]

"Let them do as they will. When it gets out of hand, talk to me again."

[i]He swirled his wing back over his face and signalled the end of the audience. Tai Alujah furled her wings and backflipped out of his presence. So much for doing her job.[/i][/COLOR]

Things were not going to plan. Not at all. Belial cursed to himself as he retreated from the scene of the battle. Loathe as he was to send a servant to do his bidding it was probably the best course of action. He had little want to get involved in a fight with the Draconian, there were other times for such things.

Pulling the collar of his coat up about his face he made his way back towards the forest where their first encounter had been. He would watch this curious party, for there was something far more interesting than he had originally anticipated happening. Someone had sent those demon's forth, for he had not called them. Glancing skyward he rolled his eyes and shook his head. Prehaps there was a divine twist to this little game, and things would become far more complicated for it.

[color=crimson]"So where is your Goddess? I'm not exactly keen on the locations of respective dieties anymore."

"I'll point us in the right direction- Though, I suggest you grab your sword."

His sword floated up from the floor and into his hands, while he gave her a curious look. She grinned a bit and blew a kiss- it seemed normal at first. Arching an eyebrow he was about to say something- but his senses picked up the fact that the room around them was changing.

In slow motion the terrain was changing into what he could eventually tell was a piece of the forest. They chatted for a few moments before the terrain finally was done, the final picture- another lush part of the forest, from what he could tell.

She pointed, "That way is the way we wish to wander. Eventually we will arrive at my Goddess' home. I hope you do enjoy long journeys, Kenneth."

"I hope I pick up work along the way." He said, walking past her in the direction she had given him.

"If not that, I can guaratee a run in with- well.. you know- people who don't appreciate asura like I do."

He laughed a bit at that, "I'm sure with you here I certainly have nothing to be worried about."

They continued walking and talking, a few hours being needed even to get out of the lush forest- Kenneth, not being blinded by tons of trees for the first time in awhile, knew what direction they were heading now. This would prove to be an interesting trip..[/color]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Her smile seemed to light up the entire forest, and the dryads and nyads watched them wander through the woods.

From the depths of the waterfall lake, a purple tinged creature rose. Her horns and mane penetrated the mirror like surface first, then were followed by her feline body and huge wings. The water, reflecting the midnight sky, changed and began to reflect her own body. .....Drensevine smiled thinly and cracked her neck. Rena had chosen a perfect guardian.

Like a bird, she rose until she hovered over the oasis. The web hummed and sang with the newly released power while Drensevine flexed her wings and rotated slowly, taking in the view.

Rena smiled and twisted the strands of magic arond her ring finger. They solidified into a simple silver band and bonded to her skin. Kenneth glanced over at it. She grinned at him and peered through her spread fingers.[/i]

"The idea is to give Mechery a false sense of security."

"...won't she be able to tell the difference between metal and magic?"

"Maybe, maybe not. She's not omniscient. ....not yet anyway."

"....wonderful."

"I knew you'd like that bit of news."[/COLOR]