OtakuBoards

Songs that make you Nostalgic

Guest rttocs77

Guest rttocs77
What are some songs that make you nostalgic for a certain event or time period on your life?

For me it would be the following:

1) Erasure-Stop : Heh.

2) Jay Z- H to the Izzo : This makes me nostalgic for the beginning of my first time around in 9th grade when I was madly in love with a certain someone and had to move away

3) Kylie Minogue- Can't Get you Outta My Head : My ex girlfriend, I loved her so much and we listened to this song over and over again.

4) The Verve (or was it the Vervepipe?)- Freshman : This reminds me of like the end of lower school and the beginning of middle school.

So, what are yours?

[size=1][color=maroon]There are some songs I can't listen to without getting all watery-eyed. That's also because I'm a little pathetic, too. Most of them are just songs I link to certain movies, or things that I write, or even video games - I can't help but think of FFX whenever I hear [i]Wherever You Will Go[/i] by the Calling. Weird, but true nonetheless. However there is one song that sticks out in my mind:

[b][i]Thunder Road[/i], by Bruce Springsteen.[/b] This song means a lot to me, for a number of different reasons. First and foremost, it's a family song, and everybody loves it. Me and the siblings grew up listening to him, so it's just kind of part of us now. My dad also used to sing this song to me when I was a baby to make me go to sleep, and I screamed a hell of a lot, but that always managaed to lull me to sleep. So he says, anyway. Last, this song was my grandmother's absolute favorite song. After her funeral we played some Springsteen and when this came on, everyone just got sort of quiet for a moment. By the time the song was over, though, [i]everybody[/i] was singing and crying and hugging each other. It's one of the best and worst memories I have, if that makes any sense to you.[/color][/size]

Just about anything from Sevendust's Animosity album makes the memories flow. Sevendust was playing at my local nightclub (The Rave), and me and a bunch of friends went to see them. About eight hours beforehand I had tried pot for the first time. Didn't like it then.

I guess I should have trusted my first impression instead of keep going.

Guest Metalhead Link
well , every time my family went on vacation Nirvana's Smels Like Teen Spirit came on the radio . and we used Black Sabbath's Iron Man for an opening to a jackass tape my friends and i made. and Metallica's St.Anger was playing the day that i threw the bottle of white out at the wall and it exploed all over and i almost got expelled. and From Autumn to Ashes's The After Dinner Payback was laying in Hot Topic on my first date with my girlfriend.

• 2 weeks later...
[B]Marilyn Manson[/B]-The Love Song: Makes me think about my ex-girlfriend becuase we were both hard rock fans and this was our love song.

[B]Black Sabbath[/B]-Sabbra Cadabra: Also makes me think about my ex-girlfriend becuase its a love song.

[B]Rob Zombie[/B]-Go To California: Makes me think about about my best friend of all time who had to move to California who was also a Rob Zombie fan.

[B]Metallica[/B]-Mama Said: Always reminds me to never take my mother's love for granted.

I got plenty more but I'm going to stop.

[b]Limp Bizkit - Behind Blue Eyes[/b] (see sig.. ;)): Brings me back on how things used to be.

[b]Element Eighty- SLACKjaw[/b]: Nice. Very nice.

Perfect song for the two relationships I've had, that broke in half right in front of me. The first one tore me apart, and I just watched it happen, right in front of my own eyes. The second one... tore me apart because it happened again. I just watched it slip away... right in front of me...

[b]Petey Pablo - Raise Up[/b]: ...when things aren't going my way, this song is it. How things are now.

[b]E-40 [i]feat.[/i] Petey Pablo - Rep Yo City[/b]: ...exactly the same as the song above; how things are now.

[b]Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away[/b]: ...pretty much, my attitude towards everything right now.

[b]Marilyn Manson - Coma White[/b]: ...relationships... again.

That's the main lot.... there's more, from [b]Metallica, Manson, Eminem[/b] (8Mile, Hailie's Song... great song for me)[b],[/b] and there's this one song, [b]Eminem, Obie Trice, DMX - Go To Sleep[/b], love it, just reminds me of a lot of things that's happened recently. [b]Sevendust - Live Again[/b], I can relate to that, mostly past events, though aswell as present. And [b]Floods - Pantera[/b], the damn guitar parts in it, in the middle and at the end, brings back the attitudes I used to have towards everything.

As you can see, I've got alot of music that I can relate to.

Guest Teammayhem
Songs that makes me nostalgic... hmmm

It would definitely be Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. It's one of the first rock songs I heard as a child. The haunting beginning to it always reminds me when I was living in Mexico (I am an American Citizen, thank you very much.) I saw this awsome Evagelion music video on Kazaa with this song, and it just reminded me of the good times.

Another song that makes me nostalgic is Stairway to Heaven by Led Zepplin. Ahh.... Such a good song.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The (Sic) Shape [/i]
[B][B]Marilyn Manson[/B]-The Love Song: Makes me think about my ex-girlfriend becuase we were both hard rock fans and this was our love song.[/B][/QUOTE]

That's odd considering it isn't even really about actual "love" lol. But whatever works, works heh.

hmmm what brings back certain memories...

Well has to be...

Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply : Me and my ex used to love this song...