James Posted October 9, 2001 Posted October 9, 2001 [color=orangered][size=1]I need to post this quick message here just to remind all visitors to Games & Stories about our board's rules. (Please look in General Discussion for a statement of the rules). Based on discussions staff have had with me, and discussions in the staff forum, it has been decided that these "I say a word, you say a word" topics are considered spam by staff. This is because they encourage single word posts -- something that has been against the rules for quite some time. I have no idea why the moderators of G&S have allowed these topics to continue, based on the rules of the site, but I now feel compelled to actually say to members that any new versions of these topics will be removed from the boards. As you know, another similar topic was removed several days ago by another staff member. These topics are both pointless and way of rapidly increasing post counts to gain custom avatars. These topics have such large post numbers for this very reason. For those of you who have experienced severe post count drops, I would presume that you have spent most of your time posting in these spam-based threads. The best way to increase your posts legitimately, is to engage in genuine discussion in the forums. Or in this forum, role play, as the case may be. So let's try and get some [b]real[/b] points of discussion going, shall we? (particularly in General Discussion).[/color][/size]
Raiha Posted October 9, 2001 Posted October 9, 2001 [COLOR=royalblue]Good to know.....I would normally say thankyou, but I doubt some people feel that way.[/COLOR] :angel:
DeathKnight Posted October 9, 2001 Posted October 9, 2001 i never went in those i say a word you say a word threads because they were boring... no fun in just saying words that are realated to each other..... :rolleyes:
Justin Posted October 9, 2001 Posted October 9, 2001 Yes, yes, the one-word-post topics. I guess that they do break the rules of the forums. And I also guess that if overdone, it can become a problem, so what I was going to say with this post was that I didn't see a problem with them because they were just harmless games, but as you can see I have changed my opinion. Good call... -Justin
Yoda Posted October 9, 2001 Posted October 9, 2001 Well if their spam, then they gotta go. In my opinion their just an easy way to build up posts.
sia Posted October 9, 2001 Posted October 9, 2001 yea, i agree about the say word topics as being spam and all, but what about the padded room party?That was a fun thread.:( now SOMEONE closed it and now the boards aren't much fun anymore.This sux. :(
DeathKnight Posted October 9, 2001 Posted October 9, 2001 i want GA to come on so we can continue the D-Warriors Weird day thread.... its gettin interesting :D
sia Posted October 9, 2001 Posted October 9, 2001 heh that's probably gonna get closed too -_-' *sigh* oh well,time to find another fun thread....
James Posted October 9, 2001 Author Posted October 9, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sia [/i] [B]yea, i agree about the say word topics as being spam and all, but what about the padded room party?That was a fun thread.:( now SOMEONE closed it and now the boards aren't much fun anymore.This sux. :( [/B][/QUOTE] [color=orangered][size=1]I didn't actually remove the Padded Room Party. However, I did actually look at it once... The entire thing should have been called "Spam Me Silly". I'm sorry, but it was really [b]stupid[/b]. However, as I said, I didn't actually remove it myself. So obviously another staffer felt that it had to go. The G&S forum has gone for such a long time without actually being thoroughly checked. It became a place where people could easily (and unfairly) make their post counts soar. Other members on the board who don't post here do it the honest way -- by having discussions. Of course there is a place for games and stories, as long as it isn't spam.[/color][/size]
Guest Posted October 9, 2001 Posted October 9, 2001 It was just spam only some of them were fun...But not all of them.
Yoda Posted October 9, 2001 Posted October 9, 2001 I mostly hang in the DBZ rpg's. So I hope they aren't considered as spam.
sia Posted October 9, 2001 Posted October 9, 2001 well, i know if the PRP is deleted, i would go way down.down to around 697 or sumthin.
Yoda Posted October 9, 2001 Posted October 9, 2001 I know what you mean! If my Rpg's were deleted, I would go down to like 400 posts!!!
Ryan Posted October 9, 2001 Posted October 9, 2001 Yeah some of those i say a word u say a word topics were fun but most of them were boring!!!!!
PiroMunkie Posted October 9, 2001 Posted October 9, 2001 [SIZE=1]Aw crap.. Though I didn't think "That Dating Game" was spam.. though it wasnt really a dating game.. it was more like a get to know each other through discussion game or something to that effect.. most all the posts were much more than just one word, and it actually had a point... kinda,.. you(not saying that you, yourself, did it) shoulda just let it die out like it was instead of deleting it.[/SIZE]
Raiha Posted October 10, 2001 Posted October 10, 2001 [COLOR=purple]Oh well, that's not so bad, it could be alot worse....we could've lost the boards again, and I just got to 1000 again. ;)[/COLOR]
James Posted October 10, 2001 Author Posted October 10, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i] [B][SIZE=1]Aw crap.. Though I didn't think "That Dating Game" was spam.. though it wasnt really a dating game.. it was more like a get to know each other through discussion game or something to that effect.. most all the posts were much more than just one word, and it actually had a point... kinda,.. you(not saying that you, yourself, did it) shoulda just let it die out like it was instead of deleting it.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=orangered][size=1]I am in agreement with you. I personally wouldn't have deleted the dating game... But no moderators have yet stepped forward and told me that they've deleted it. Of course, there are only a few likely candidates... I will make sure to stress to staff that only [i]inappropriate[/i] topics are to be removed.[/color][/size]
Justin Posted October 10, 2001 Posted October 10, 2001 I personally think that if the "Dating Game" had stayed in one topic it shouldn't have been closed. But if my memory serves me well it was broken up into about 3 or more topics. But, I think at least one should've been left open. But, if I am wrong about the "Dating Game" and it was in one topic, then my point is we should try to keep related posts in one topic... -Justin
Chaos Posted October 12, 2001 Posted October 12, 2001 I believe I can provide a reason for The Padded Room Party's demise...Me. Think about it... When I join Otaku Boards, I went almost staright to the Padded Room Party( dubbed "PRP") and started fighting. I feel that this is [i]one[/i] of the reasons...possably, and totally my fault. Look, I fought people, and in their responce, was something like: "Shut up, you big jerk", creating quite a large number of spam. No matter what anyone says, I blame myself completely for what happened to the "PRP"... It went from 6-8(I forget) pages, all of the way to 71 or 70 or whatever the page number count was, in about 3-4 weeks. Most of it, almost half of it, was my fighting, spamming, and flaming. I except full responceblitiy(spelling?) For what happened, and if I get banned, let it be so... Thank you, and have a nice day.... -Neil, [email]SuperSayian4444@aol.com[/email]
sia Posted October 12, 2001 Posted October 12, 2001 Neil, i dun think you will be banned for being man enough to admit what happened.It takes a lot of curage and guts to do what you did.
~Mystical Pan~ Posted October 12, 2001 Posted October 12, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sia [/i] [B]Neil, i dun think you will be banned for being man enough to admit what happened.It takes a lot of curage and guts to do what you did. [/B][/QUOTE] yeah..most guys would have just stayed quiet and denied it was them. It takes lots of strength to put your prides aside and say you're wrong.
Raiha Posted October 12, 2001 Posted October 12, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Mystical Pan~ [/i] [B] yeah..most guys would have just stayed quiet and denied it was them. It takes lots of strength to put your prides aside and say you're wrong. [/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=teal]Well spoken MP. And that was very cool SJ4444. Admiting you're wrong is hard but it shows you have at least a little honor..[/COLOR]
RicoTranzrig Posted October 13, 2001 Posted October 13, 2001 It wasn't fair for a lot of people who participated in the dating game to have all those posts stripped away from them...the topic was relevant to the 100th page until the original people: MysticBabe, me, PiroMunkie, SSj Chic, and many more all left for other pursuits. Yet some dates were actually made and benifited from...I couldn't of met BabyGirl and some other people the way I did without it. But all good things come to an end...now I witness a new generation of Otakuboard people that I'll wanna meet sometime...somehow...
Recommended Posts