OtakuBoards

Saiyan Confusion

Guest redbugs

Guest redbugs
[I][SIZE=3][FONT=courier new][COLOR=darkred]Wazzup, this is a simple question of the year why isn't bardock back? Yeah yeah lets start if goku killed Frieza(trunks really did)and they got the dragonballs, right. They wished for everyone who got killed by Frieza who was good to come back to life. How come Bardock didn't come back. He and the other reabeling saiyans were good for standing up to Frieza at the end. Also in the anime thing they always show about Bardock he was in space and breathing, and Vegeta always talks about saiyan pride how come he doesn't wish back Planet Vegeta? I know that it would be berserk, but at least the saiyans would be back.

Heh the answer to what you're asking is that people who have died can't be wished back by the dragon balls once a year has passed.
Or at least I think thats how it works. If so, there is no way for the Saiyan race to be revived in that manner.

As for Bardock breathing in space, I think he was still in the atmosphere. But who knows?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WW2 [/i]
Heh the answer to what you're asking is that people who have died can't be wished back by the dragon balls once a year has passed. [/QUOTE]

Ah, if that is true..then..how come, if Goku dies in September from Piccolo's Makenkosapa(sp) beam, and was wished back in November, then....it doesn't make since

[font=times new roman]It is proven that people may be wished back after a years time, because of the fact that Goku trains with King Kaio for 1 years time, unless I am mistaken. Also, I have come to the conclusion myself that the Saiyans indeed came back from the dead, but suffocated in space where Planet Vegeta had exploded. I came to this conclusion when they stated that they had to first wish for Krillins spirit to be returned to earth, or else he would wind up in the empty void in which Planet Namek had exploded. But, the most likely reason Bardock and the other saiyans did not return was simply because Akira had no further use for Goku's father, nor any of the other saiyans, so he did not pursue that possibility. [/font]

[FONT=times new roman][COLOR=darkblue]

Umm Nate I don't really understand your response. WW2 said after a year passes and you mention only a month.

Anyways. Just like WW2 mentioned. The dragonballs can only restore a life before a year passes a years time. After that the people who have died remain dead for eternity.

[/font][/color]

Oh....i forgot to put the dates in...sorry...you see.
Goku dies in September by Piccolo's beam, killing both him and raditz.
He goes to the afterlife, and it takes him like.....a few months to go over snakeway.
He falls off, must return.
Another few months going accross snake way.
He gets to king kia's planet, and has to hit Gregory on the head with a mallet. Does it in a week.
Has to catch bubbles. Takes a month.
The rest of the time is used training, learnnig the spirit bomb, and such.
He is wished back November of the next year, hince over a year has passed.

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1][color=#707875]No the issue of Goku's extended ability of life is a common question of dispute over many internet websites. Most people just dismiss it, saying that it was just an error in the plot and that it has no real impact on the show.

I would tend to agree with them as it has been commonly stated in Dragonball Z that when someone dies, and are dead more than a year the [b]Namek Dragonballs[/b] would have to be used, as the [b]Earth ones[/b] are only good for a years worth of return from the dead.

That's really all there is to it, to my knowledge.[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
Well, since Goku goes to train with King Kai in other world, isn't there no since of time there? So therefore, how would they know how much time is passed? Plus, Goku is the protaganist of the entire series, of course there is going to be exceptions for him.
As for the dragonballs, i'm pretty sure it has to be within a year since the person died.

In response to the bardock question, I bleieve that he is in fact, still within the planet Vegeta's atmosphere.

As for the other part, It is Shenlong who can only bring back people when they've been dead for over a year and bring them back only once. This id due to the fact Kamiccolo split and that meant Kami was not at full power. The Namekian dragonballs were broguht through from the one and only wish during the Furiza saga, where the wish to remove the innocent from Namek was made, and that brought Guru to earth.Meanwhile, on Namek, the Namekian dragon's last wish is used to wish back everyone Furiza killed

After everyone's back on earth, and the Namekian Dragonballs have returned to their normal state, the Z fighters wish back people like Kuririn and Yamucha who have been killed more than once. The Namek dragon, to my knowledge never stated that it can't bring people back who have been dead for over a year, it just doesn't happen, Bardock will be a faint memory to Goku, if he remembers him much at all, I believe the onyl interaction he had with his father was the vision he had. As for Vegeta, well, he vividly remembers King Vegeta, his father, and his planet, and pride, so it's amystery why he did not ask them be wished back, perhaps he had moven on, and there was alot of wishing to do, 3 wished for every 3 years, and that's alot of waiting around to do.