OtakuBoards

Favorite War/Action Movie?

superfreak07

Guest Teammayhem
Favorite War movie.... hmmm...
It would have to be between three movies...
1. Saving Private Ryan.
2. Black Hawk Down
3. Glory (A movie not mentioned much by anyone on this thread.)

As for action movie... well... um... I don't have one
Is that bad?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Drix D'Zanth [/i]
[B]Anyway, I'm suprised no one has mentioned Band of Brothers. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkred][SIZE=1]Actually, Mr. Maul did 'mention' it. Didn't go into detail, but it was, 'mentioned' =)

Ok. . there are way too many war movies, and even more action movies out there to really be fair about this. . I have seen all different kinds, from all different periods of time. Well. . here goes a shortened list of movies I have seen way too many times and admire:

[b]Braveheart[/b] has to be on the top of my list. It is a great recreation of war in that era. I especially love how 'unclean' everthing was. Most movies try to make everything look clean and eye-pleasing, this movie did just the opposite. Another thing that really made this movie was the performance by Mel Gibson. One of my favorite actors, he really projected his feeling into his role. When he felt hurt, you felt like you had been hurt. . when he felt betrayed, you also felt betrayed, and truly felt for him.

[b]The Patriot[/b] is easily next on my list. Another great epic war movie. It also stars Mel Gibson, who again, makes you feel what he feels. The scenes are just beautiful to watch, and the story really pushes you to keep an interest throughout the whole movie. The best thing about this movie is the attention to the battle scenes. The flow of every battle is very consistant on both sides. I don't know if anyone knows what I am talking about, but it feels as if they shot the battle scenes all at once. In Braveheart, for example, some of the battle scenes would have everyone in a line, and then the next scene would have everyone grouped up. It was just little things, like attention to detail, that made The Patriot that much better.

Other good war movies would be: Glory, Saving Private Ryan, Pearl Harbor. . . Gladiator was really good, though not really a 'war' movie specifically. I loved the opening battle. Though I don't think this classifies, the Star Wars movies, the Lord of the Ring and The Matrix trilogies. . all good war movies too!

As for Action. . I won't even get into details about all the ones I like. . but a few favorites?

The Count of Monte Cristo (not really a pure action movie), X-Men (1 and 2), Spiderman, Daredevil, The Hulk, Batman (ya, ya. . Super Hero trip). . Mission Impossible (1 and 2), A Knights Tale, Transformers the Movie, G.I. Joe the Movie. . could go on for hours, but I am tired. .

For the James Bond movies, the best is Goldeneye, hands down. Best story I have ever seen of all the Bonds, and Pierce's best one.
[/SIZE][/color]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]*slaps forehead* I can't believe I forgot We Were Soldiers (another Mel Gibson war movie) and Black Hawk Down! lol! Another good one that a few have mentioned would be Enemy at the Gates. A very good sniper movie. . Behind Enemy Lines is also a pretty good one. . . hmm, one movie keeps reminding me of another. . Gene Hackman did great in Red Tide (sort of a war movie), a pretty good submarine movie. A great sub movie was The Hunt for Red October. . Many of these aren't the 'big war' type of movies that most are thinking of, but definitely worth mentioning, either because of their great story, or because of the portrait the movie painted. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

The best war/action epic I've seen yet, is Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. It is simply amazing with 3 times the action from The Two Towers. I saw it with some friends the day before Christmas Eve. If you haven't seen it yet, I'd definitely recommend it for any Lord of the Rings fans (But they probably have already seen it) :D

My favorite war movie would have to be either 'Black Hawk Down,' or 'Behind Enemy Lines.' I usually hate to watch war movies, but these two really caught my interest and I find them rather enjoyable. These really got me to start thinking. They are very good and I definitely want to watch them over and over.

• 2 weeks later...
--Well my Favorite war movie will have to be black hawk down. If you really want to enjoy the movie..Surround sound...^.^b. Man, i tried it out and i almost jumped for cover when they were shooting.

The plot is really good 2. I liked it a lot and i had a real admiration for the guys who went out to war because they have much courage, even though that they didn't really do EVERYTHING as in history books, but imagining that you were out there with grenades exploding at your feet and still keep on running, it really inspires you to nationalism toward your country.