OtakuBoards

What's the best element?

Guest Metreon

[color=darkblue]Tip #1- Go [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=69]here.[/url]

Tip #2- Try not to make topics that won't lead to spam (which this one will).

Tip #3- Just make sure to follow the guidelines, and there won't be any problems. ^^[/color]

my fave element is wind, it can destroy fire, splatter water, shatter ice, shake earth, control weather, so it controls where lightnigns goes ect. oh! isn't it cool? and by the way *blows out the fire* heheheheh... sorry i couldn't resist. but i also like moon dust. (I made that element up don't steal it. or i will send the forks on you!)

[size=1]I've always been partial to Potassium, myself. Did you know that in the past, it was called Kalium? Thus, its symbol... K.

In any case, I suppose the "element" I associate myself with (if that's the right term) would be water. There's just something about it. Liquid, blue, and deep...or clear, and running. It can be warm, cool, soft, gentle, powerful, destructive, or healing. It's very versatile, and I find that to be fascinating. You can look out across a lake every day for a month, and never see the same colors twice.

There was a thread about mythical animals some time back, and all the ones I was particularly interested in were associated with water. I found that interesting.

Ryo Sakura and Metreon, please clean up your post quality. :)[/size]

[color=violet]I was born in 1981 year of the Double Metal Rooster. So maybe Metal is my favorite element
But I was also Born on the 24th of July on a cusp so I'm a Cancer/Leo basically water and fire respectively. So maybe I either like waer or fire.
However, My personality is mostly Leonine and firey, so I believe that it's fire, That said, I like to used a lot of fire in rituals,but I need to learn to calm down more, so maybe water would help.
I do notice one thing, I bend too easily, so I lack wood in my character according to Chinese beliefs. Okay, I don't know, let's try the Sailor Senshi test.
I like Sailor Jupiter. Her element is wood and earth,. there you have it. Unless you want to go by her BIrth sign, then it's fire. Dammit![/color]

Guest snakemarcato13
fire. fire burns. fire scars. fire kills. fire tortures.

[COLOR=indigo]snakemarcato13 wants to be burned if he keeps posting spam like this. ~Drix[/COLOR]

Ice, it seem pretty, yet have shin

[COLOR=indigo]The post nazi is back. Please improve your post quality. At least try to include a few more reasons why you would pick Ice instead of "it seems pretty'. If more posts come up like this, the thread will have a short life indeed. ~Drix[/COLOR]

I would have to say my favorite is Darkness. Oh yes, darkness wins the bet. I mean, you can't destroy it, you can't control it , well, you could put on a light, but that's just substituting the shadow with something else. And, well, I guess in reality, darkness isn't an element, but in most fantasies and things it's considered one anyway. So there ya go. If you want a real element, then fire all the way. I guess because I'm a pyro.

Wind. It can make things very hard at times, for example, wind is a vital attribute of cyclones, tornadoes, typhoons, and the like. Just think, it has two sides. Without air, there'd be no wind, so no cyclones, etc. But without air, we couldn't live. So wind has both a good and bad side to it.

....there's no particular reason why I like wind as my favourite element, just the fact that it can cause alot of bad damage, sounds good..

Haha. This reminds me of Captain Planet

'Earth'
'Wind'
'Water'
'Fire'
'GOOOOO PLANET!!'

Haha. I still remember that.

Anyways... me, I'd go for Platinum. I mean, the word... just rolls of the tongue. It is just a really smooth and crisp and awesome word.

If I had to go for a more nature based element... Water. It sounds pretty, can be deadly, mostly calm and lazy, meanders, versatile. Yeah. Water.

By the way, potassium catches alight in water. I found that so cool.

*heads over to marina* Iyeh.. no more marina.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by FirePheonix727 [/i]
[B]I would have to say my favorite is Darkness. Oh yes, darkness wins the bet. I mean, you can't destroy it, you can't control it , well, you could put on a light, but that's just substituting the shadow with something else. [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]*laughs* Darkness is simply the absence of light. Shining a flashlight in a dark room isn't subtituting darkness from something else...it's eliminating darkness wherever it shines, heh.

And yes, Potassium is [i]very[/i] cool. I have an email (somewhere) as KaliumH20. [Kalium (Potassium) + H20 (Water) =Explosion (boom!)] Heh. My, the things I came up with during Chemistry class...[/SIZE]

Nitrogen.It's explosive when mixied with right elements.It also makes up most of the air we breath, it fertilizes our plants and is also one of the main ingredants in nitrous oxide.Good ol' laughing gas.

Out of the other elements I would have to go with fire. Why its just so beautiful.And I'm not just saying that because I'm a pyro.Well maybe I am.It also creates and distroys at the same time.

[color=#707875][size=1]Lightning for me. It just seems so cool, which is pretty redundant considering it's mainly extreme heat...

>>;;

I really like lightning because it can take so many shapes. It can go down and branch out like a root, or it can go down straight-down or horizontally with no "branches" whatsoever.

Therefore, me being a... lightning-holic. ><;;

-Lan[/color][/size]

I'd have to vote in favor of wind, mainly because the ability to control that element often comes in handy during matches in the Battle Arena. There's also the fact that I do enjoy being able to breath, and wind is, after all, little more than moving air.

Nearly all of the elements listed are capable of causing a ton of damage, but I personally would rather watch a hurricane than an earthquake.

Oxygen is pretty cool too. ^_~

~Dagger~

Though it is true, that wind can be very effective against most other elements, I like one that can be a lot of different things, and it wasn't on the poll...

My favorite element is Spirit! (Yes, that is an element; I've seen it many times.) Or, more specifically, Psychic! (But, Spirit is closer.)

I like that element for a lot of reasons, some of which are hard to put into words...

-It can combine the powers of darkness and light.
-A lot of spells and powers go with it. (yay!)
-Powers of that element can do a lot of weird and cool things, such as drain life, lay curses, heal, create silence (which can be frightening!), or even do stuff with dreams, and many more...
-Psychic power goes with that element!
-It's very effective in battle, for the characters I use in RPGs/battles are often that element.

And a lot of other reasons...

Alright, this thread has stretched itself about as far as possible. Too much of all the "I'd be water so I'd shooot fountains and blow away the ground" hypothetical possibilities and the fact that these aren't actually "elements", per se. Then we have people inventing "elements" like spirit and darkness. Darnkess... it's an absence of light, it has no tactile properties whatsoever.

To sum it up, it seems like everyone has their own definition on what elements exist, and what do what. Therefore, this thread's only purpose is shouting out random self-contrived opinions.

That's about as justifiable as I can be.