OtakuBoards

Eternal Sleep [RPG]

Shinkoru

[color=teal][i] As Hunter carried Ev'es limp body down the tower, everyone following in suit heading to Eve and Hunter's home town of Ashenhire, the capital city of Ashrania.

Half way down the tower and through the forest Eve twitched, stirring in her unchosnous. Her eyes opened and she screamed out, her arms wrapping around hunters neck. She looked at him and blinked, staring as if she'd been absent the past few hours. She looked around her, To Valen, then to Illy, then to the two newcommers.[/i]

[b]Eve:[/B] Who are they?

[i] She pointed to Bal and Crewgar as Valen tried to explain who they were and how they got here. Telling her, the message she sent out did infact reach everyone.

She sighed and settled herself in hunter's arms, smiling to herself happy to have her brother back, after all, it had been fifty years...[/i][/color]

[color=teal][i]In the Crystal Forest Inn, Hunter's favorite haunting ground in AshenHyre, Hunter settled to the long task of explaining his adventures over the last fifty years. His tale, beginning as soon as he'd dispatched a messenger to AshenHyre Palace, home of Lord Muirin, about hjis life, well-being, and his request for his mother to bring his heartstone. The story enveloped his ordeal of bringing the great Maur, guardian Dragon of Hell, to his knees, retrieving his dying breath in a jar of spun honey, and drinking it to gain unfathomable abilities as a wolfen.
He told of his defeat of Satan's son, Khoryu, and his gaining of white magic. He told of his earning of the wings and his appearance through standing in the tempest at the center of Heaven. As he finished, Lady Galianna of AshenHyre walked through the door. Seeing her son, she cried aloud, rushing to him, pressing the heartstone into his chest.[/i]

[b]Galianna:[/b]Serenol, my son! You're safe!

[i]For now, he was....[/color][/i]

Darkness was falling in a small settled town outside a silver mine. in a dank inn room the man known as Alriy was about to awaken but currently something had him locked in slumber.

----------------------------------------------

Sparks flew into the air as his blood red blade sank into the stone beneath the floor slowing his backflown motion. He stared at the cloaked figure infront of him with the outstretched hand and was about to speak to it but was again thrusted back by a gust of magical force of some sort he could not discern. the last thing he saw before he awoken was a soulsteel blade and a pair of silvery eyes.

"Gyah!"

He sat straight up in his bed looking around wiping the minimal crimson sweat from his forhead and sighs heavily realizing it was only a dream. He stretched and yawned standing and walking to the window where he watched the last rays of sun retreat under cover of the horizon. It was at this time where he was the most powerful. when the night had finally won the battle for dominancy and day had submitted for the following hours. His vampiric prowess and talents were at this peak in the first two hours and he knew it. A slightly malevolent smirk crossed his face as he bowed to the moon, his only lover and turned his back walking to the door. On his way out he strapped the sword to his side and donned his cape. he took one last gaze over the room and sighed slightly. they would be here the next night and he would keep moving. He had of course earned his share of enemies and friends but there was one he wanted to keep as much distance as possible.

He pulled his cloaked around himself and moved away into the night.

OOC: Just for people to know. my character has a morbid personality and an introverted attitude. i think the only person that could possibly play him just as good as me if not better is good ole' flynn. LOL!

[color=009966]ooc: oops. I'm a little behind....>_<[/color]

[i]IC: [color=teal]Runeth soared through the night air with Elsyan holding onto his long neck. The night was quiet, and Elsyan scanned the horizon, searching for anything---smoke, a tower, dragons, anything. And all she found was nothing. It was around midday when they had recieved Eve's message, but now all was still and tranquil, which was why she was getting more and more worried by the moment.

Presently Runeth's sharp eyes found movement down below on the ground.[/i]

Runeth: "Elsyan, I think I found them!"

[i]Elsyan quickly looked to where he indicated, and her spirits lifted. Elsyan could clearly see the familiar shapes of her friends walking into a tavern in the town below, and there was no mistaking it. Runeth circled the inn, getting lower and lower ever time, until he settled on the ground behind the small building. Elsyan hopped off his back as Runeth changed back into his miniature form, landing on Elsyan's shoulder. They went around to the front and walked through the door just as Hunter finished telling his story.[/i]

Eve: "Elsyan!"

Elsyan: "Eve! We got your message, but...." [i]Elsyan seemed a little embarrassed. Even though they were halfway across the country, they should've tried to get there faster. [/i]"....it looks like we got here too late...."

[i]Elsyan looked around, seeing some familliar faces and some new faces. Her eyes stopped on someone who seemed familliar....Elsyan blinked in surprise as she finally recongnized him.[/i]

Elsyan: "Hunter! What happened to you?"

[i]She sat down at the table as she was introduced to everyone. Hunter started to tell his tale again, with Runeth cocking his head curiously at some parts. It felt good to be back amongst her friends, but as to the reason for this encounter she was still a bit confused.[/i][/color]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[color=009966][i]Iris sat down wearily under a tree. This was hopeless! She didn't know where the hell she was, and she had no idea where the voice had come from. When she had first set out she only had to follow the screams, but now she was left to follow blindly in the dark. Maybe she was just being stupid. Maybe she should just turn around....especially since she remembered she still had business to take care of in the previous town....

Suddenly she felt a strange aura. It was very faint and far away, but it resembled the one she felt when she heard the mysterious message. She stood up and looked around, but couldn't see anything due to the surrounding trees, and her vision was obscurred more as some dark looming clouds blocked out the moonlight. She turned to her right, walking in a completely different direction than the one she had been going earlier. About an hour later the aura grew stronger, and Iris realized to what extent she had been lost. If she had kept going in the other direction, she would've reached the edge of a desert by midday![/i]

Iris: "At least things aren't so bleak now," [i]she thought to herself as the moon came out from behind the clouds, illuminating the area around her through the boughs of the trees.[/i] "At this rate, I might get there by sunrise." [i]"Wherever[/i] 'there'[i] is...." she found herself involuntarily thinking, but she brushed that aside and didn't think about it anymore.[/i][/color]

[i]While Hunter was telling his tale, Valen turned to the door and told the others he'd be back in a bit. As they nodded, he headed to the door, went out, and saw that a pub was nearby. He decided to go in and have a look around.[/i]

[b]Pub Owner:[/b] Hello good sir! What can I do for you?

[b]Valen:[/b] Did you see anyone that looks like this come through this town?

[i]Valen held up a picture of Bleed, as the Pub owner shook his head.[/i]

[b]Owner:[/b] No sir, I haven't seen anything that hideous come through here lately.

[b]Valen:[/b] ...Lately?

[b]Owner:[/b] ...Uh....

[i]Valen turned around and left for the Inn again to hear the rest of Hunter's story, for he, too, was interested in where Hunter has been for this long.[/i]

[color=teal][i]The appreciable gasps from the listeners, even old Otik, the barkeep, came in all the right places to Hunter's story. His mother nearly screamed and almost fainted when she heard about Khoryu, Prince of Evil. By this time, when Valen came back into the room, Hunter's tales of adventures were over, and thus began his smaller, less windworthy recount of his bodyguard days...[/i]

[b]Hunter:[/b]And so, Corellon Larethian himself laid his hands upon me, and for twenty-five mort-err.....years, I was charged with heavily intensive training, focusing mainly with magiks of my blade. I was taught by the Wind, Fire, Light, and Frost Master angels of Heaven, and swordsmanship by Saint Michael himself. I was then brought back to Hell willingly-

[b]Crowd:[/b]WHAT!?!?!

[b]Galianna:[/b]You went BACk of your own accord?!?!

[b]Hunter:[/b]Mother, everybody, please. Hell held no more REAL danger for me, with Khoryu destroyed. Nobody would attack me, except that whole legion later on. I went back to Hell to become a master of the Hellfire and Hellearth magiks, and mastered them. After I returned, I was deemed the most powerful being in Heaven and hell, with exception to Our Lord Corellon Larethian. He needed a bodyguard, however, as his powers were waning through the call of some mystical sword. I guarded him from injury by many demons, though I was brutally beaten in return. Then, two days ago, I was given leave of my duties, Corellon's power having returned. For repayment of my services and my blood, he transformed me into this Sihaya, as he calls them. he gave me my wings, [i]-here he unfolded them, drawing many awed whispers from his listeners, especially from his childhood friend, Elsyan-[/i] as well as my eye.

[i]Hunter revealed his single silver eye, hidden behind his thick lock of mythril hair (It was discovered later on that his hair never fell out and was better defense than his armor because it was REALLY mythril metal, not colored like mythril). He shrugged, ordered a round for everybody, and sat down at the nearest table with Elsyan, Eve, Valen, and Galianna. Bal, Ilythiirtar, and Crewger enjoyed their own table, Ilythiirtar noticeably not drinking.[/i]

[b]Eve:[/b]Hunter...you're back. You're really back.

[b]Galianna:[/b]how'd...how did you....how'd you die?

[b]Hunter:[/b]It was Nilothakir. I had to make a choice.......

[i]He caught Eve's gaze and shut up quickly.[/i]

[b]Eve:[/b]What choice?!?! WHAT CHOICE!!!!

[b]Hunter:[/b].......

[b]Eve:[/b]Brother, by the love we share, WHAT WAS THE CHOICE?!?!

[b]Hunter:[/b]Either he kill you or kill me. He was honoring Bleed's "last" wish and taking what he thought was rightfully his. I have no idea what that meant.

[b]Eve:[/b]You...you...YOU IDIOT!!

[b]Elsyan:[/b]Like you should talk! Why'd you her before yourself, Hunter?!?

[b]Hunter:[/b]It's...it's my fault that...that Garland died.

[b]Galianna:[/b]What?!

[b]Hunter:[/b]Garland...was...my best friend. She helped me through....through Frenze's death. But the dragonslayers came....and...I let them....I didn't know what they were...and they....they.....

[i]Hunter collapsed after he told of it. Garland had been his dragonfriend, who had helped him during the time that Artea's egg-father died. Hunter had never been able to forgive himself, even if he had met Garland in Heaven, and had always held that he must die for his sins. Galianna put a consoling shoulder as Hunter's pet and friend Artea awakened and wrapped her tail around Hunter's chest, crooning for him to cheer up. Hunter looked up, his gaze falling outside the open inn door. he jumped up instantly, unsheathing Alaris and pushing everyone else to the ground.[/i]

[b]Hunter:[/b]OTIK! EVERYONE! DOWN!!! IT'S A BALLISTA!!!!!

[i]A huge log with a pointed tip came rocketing through the inn door, bursting through the back wall as Hunter jumped down. Hunter and everyone in the party with a ready weapon and sober disposition (namely Valen, Ilythiirtar, and Elsyan, who'd not drunk anything, and Eve, who could not get drunk) rushed outside the bar, only to find a hoard of bounty hunters.[/i]

[b]Bountyman 1:[/b]Which of ye whelps is the one what flew that dragon overhead?! We'll make a pretty penny with the offspring scales, once we get ye as a trainer tah handle 'em!

[b]Hunter:[/b]You'll not get Runeth! You'll have to go... [i]-Here he transformed into his half-silver dragon form, a muscular and agile body supplemented by his now-draconic wings and his smoking nostrils set long on his draconic snout, though his eyes remained the same-[/i] ...THROUGH ME!!!

[b]Bountyman 2:[/b]Ye Gods, it's Serenol! We'd get a decent bag of gold for his blood, too! Get 'im![/color]

OOC: First person post to make it easier on the fight.
-----
IC:

[i]I raised my weapon to chest level and held it straight out in front of me, the tip pointing towards the first bounty hunter.[/i]

[b]Valen:[/b] .... I think not. I abandoned my sister and brother once, and it shant happen again. Die. Now.

[i]I charged at the bounty hunter with extreme force as the momentum of my blade got banked aside by the bounty hunter. I was now right up against the bounty hunter with my katana extended to the left. Just as he noticed I was this close, I jabbed his elbow upward, knocking the wind out of the him, causing the medium-build man to hunch over. At that point, I saw this opportunity to bring my katana up and over my head, causing the glimmering silver blade to slice through the man's back as if it were nothing but air.

I then raised and repeated. Crimson fluid began to ooze out of his body from the thin tears in his flesh from the katana. I raised my katana once more, bringing it back down to my side. Kicking the bleeding man, I uppercutted him just for good measure, stood on his neck, then brought the katana down one final time. This time, right between the left and right atreums of the heart, causing a fountain of blood to shoot up from the body.

I leapt backward, withdrawing my katana from the body, and landing in a kneeling position. Two more bounty hunters charged in at me as I spun, swinging the katana 360 degrees, causing a slight shockwave as it collided with the other bounty hunters' swords.[/i]

[b]Valen:[/b] ...

[color=teal]OOC: Second to come to thine aid. :)

IC:[b]Eve:[/B] A little assistance brother?

[I] Hunter looked to Eve and in a moment he understood. He nodded as she ran to him and lept up, planting her boots onto his sholders. She grinned, missing the way they fought so much.

Eve balenece her self so perfectly that Hunter could fight normally and she would not fall nor inconvience him in any way.

After takeing in this wnderfull feeling of having her brother she wiped her face clean of emotion, her arms shot out infront of her and her eyes closed half way..[/i]

[b]Eve:[/B] amateru shanteai Chikara!

[i] A thousand or so blacker than night discs with neon green edges shot from Eve's open palms, shooting right at the Ballista and the remaning bounty men, exploding on contact and even misses were made deadly by the sharper than any blade edges.

Eve grinned to herself and kep with the spell she favored so much, laughing as they tried to run but the discs only following them. She laughed out contendly as the fight raged on.[/i][/color]

Guest Balerax
[color=darkblue] [i] Bal had been in deep meditation ever since the party had reached the inn.. taking in the numerous stories that Hunter offered, and learning more of his companions. He had refused to drink because you never knew when the time would come for you to fight for your life.. No sooner had Hunter finished telling his story then a huge Ballista rammed through the inn.." Silence is never something that lasts these days.. is it father?" Bal thought to himself.

Bal walked calmly outside.. behind Hunter and Valen, as well as Eve.. watching as they were rid of most of the BountyHunters in mere seconds.. He saw no reason as of yet to join in, for it seemed he would only get in the way, and besides, they seemed to be doing a good job by themselves.

Bal watched as Eve began emitting blades of neon green from her hands.. which trekked down the bounty hunters as they ran for cover.. He couldn't help but grin.. at the mere thought of BunterHunters trying their luck at someone who has been through heaven and hell, let alone a brother and sister who care deeply for each other..

Suddenly a shot of Pain ran through Bal's head, as he became aware of a bounty hunter who had escaped the discs, and was slowing creeping up on Valen and Eve.." No, this will not happen" he thought. Bal dashed a few yards as he came between the hunter and brother and sister.. he had no time to withdraw his sword to parry the hunters blow, so he quickly threw his arm above his head.

And yet another shot of pain ran through his head as the blade cut skin... However he merely gritted his teeth, not thinking of the pain, but of the event that might have ocurred if he were not there in time. The hunter stood, bewildered and confused at how he was able to block a near lethal blow. Bal grabbed the sword and flung it to the ground while uppercutting the hunter up into the air.... Not long after that.. Bal had produced a medium sized fireball in which he shot at the hunter as he was in mid air.. The hunter of course, was no where to be seen afterwards.

Starring into the sky, he had completely forgotten about the deep wound on his arm.. as he collapsed to one knee.. gritting his teeth and holding onto the wound.[/i]

[B] Valen: [/b] Bal! Are you alright??

[b] Bal:[/b] I'm fine... just a flesh.. arg.. wound.. nothing too bad..

[i] With a quick flash of dark light... Bal was able to heal the wound somewhat.. but not entirely fully.. " I've come this far.. I've heard these voices.. and I'll be damned if I let anything happen to anyone here now.." Bal thought to himself.. as he slowly got up.. and joined the rest of the group once again[/i] [/color]

[color=teal][i]Hunter pulled on Eve's ankles so that she dropped, riding instead of standing, on his shoulders. She tousled his metal hair, cutting his hand on on stubborn lock, and yelped.[/i]

[b]Eve:[/b]Ouch! Hunter, your hair...it's metal!

[b]Hunter:[/b]Mythril, sister. Mythril. Bal, you come here. Show me your wound.

[i]Bal and Eve both drew close, Eve wondering, until Hunter grapsed both wounds in his hands and sent a surge of Heavenlight magic into both, healing all of their wounds instantly, as well as restoring their stamina and mindset. Hunter grinned as he looked at Elsyan, who was clutching Runeth protectively to her chest. Hunter held his hand aloft, chirruping in a strange language, and suddenly, Runeth was at his neck, scrabbling into his armor, and sighing masterfully as he fell asleep in the crook of Hunter's neck, opposite Artea, both tails wrapped around his neck.[/i]

[b]Elsyan and Eve:[/b]You speak Archaic Draconic?

[b]Hunter:[/b]Corellon taught me. I speak all languages but one: Abyssal. Nasty. What little I know made me feel like I was uttering endless profanities. As for Runeth, he's just fine. Though I think he's got a crush on Artea.

[i]The entire group laughed as the young golden dragonling, Artea, looked up and around, confused. She chirped a little sentence to Hunter in ordinary Draconic, and then flew over to Elsyan/[/i]

[b]Elsyan:[/b]What was that? Why's she think it unfair that I have both dragons?

[b]Hunter:[/b]Been hanging around me too long.

[b]Eve:[/b]Brother, what's that down there?

[i]She pointed down to a large, glowing figure at the base of the inn's tree. hunter smiled broadly.[/i]

[b]Hunter:[/b]It is Corellon. He must have an assignment for me, or would like to meet all of you.....[/color]

[color=teal][i]Artea gave another chirp and flew from Elsyan's shoulder, resuming her former place opposite of Runeth. Everyone was looking outside at Corellon's glowing form. Hunter lead everyone outside and walked around to the side of the inn where Corellon was waiting for him. Artea and Runeth were woken from their nap as they stood before him. Artea gave a chirp of surprise and flew over to where Eve stood beside Valen, and Runeth flew over to Elsyan. Everyone's eyes followed Hunter as he walked forward. He stopped about 10 paces away and bowed.[/i]

Hunter: "Greetings, Lord Corellon Larethian. What brings you here tonight?"[/color]

[color=009966]ooc: Sorry it's such a short post, but my dad's home, and I'm grounded. >>; I'll try to sneak on later, and hopefully Iris will meet up with the group when you all set out to travel somewhere again. [/color]

[color=teal][i]Hunter looked up from his vow as Corellon placed his hand on Hunter's shoulder.[/i]

[b]Corellon:[/b]There is little time for formality.

[b]Hunter:[/b]What?! Is something wrong?!

[b]Corellon:[/b]No. You just forgot the intense importance I place on introductions.

[i]Hunter proceeded to hit the ground, heavily embarrassed. Corellon had that natural, benevolent smile that told Hunter that nothing was wrong. He was here just for pleasure. And booze. Corellon LOVED whiskey.[/i]

[b]Hunter:[/b]Forgive me, lord. This is my sister, Eve. This, our dearest friend and brother, Valen. The lovely apparition to my right is Elsyan, and the sullen elf to Eve's left is Ilythiirtar, who I think needs a bit of training. These two, I just met, would be Bal and Crewger. As for these two, they're Artea and Runeth, mine and Elsyan's dragons, respectfully. As for the little dragonling that's....

[b]Eve:[/b]It's Ryuu. It's nice to meet you, Lord.

[b]Corellon:[/b]Jeez, what's with the formality? Can it! I like casuality! So, Elsyan....you busy tonight.

[i]Corellon found himself on the recieving end of a smack for the first (but not last) time.[/i]

[b]Corellon:[/b]That's the spirit, but not quite the spirit, if you know what I mean.

[i]Like I said, it wasn't the last time. Nor was this.[/i]

[b]Corellon:[/b]Okay, okay. I'll just hit on Eve....

[i]See what I mean?[/i][/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll leave the battle stufffor the others. I'm tired right now.

[color=teal][i] Eve's hand connected with Corellon's cheek, the sound echoned around as everyone giggled.[/i]

[b]Eve:[/B] After a hundred or so years u'de think I'd get used to guys hitting on me...haha..

[i] Eve smiled and took Hunter's hand, leading everyone to the Inn, she hopped up and settled heself on Illy's sholders. Illy looked up at her and half smiled.[/i]

[b]Eve:[/B] You don't mind do you?

[b]Illy:[/B] Not at all.

[i] Eve smiled as they entered the Inn, Corellon sat down and started his rounds of wiskey, everyone else ordered the drink of their desire and Eve just got herself straight Dragons Breath. She cocked her head at Hunter who had the same. She giggld and knew it was time to test her drinking abilities...[/i]

[center].:: Eighteen rounds later ::.[/center]

[B]Eve:[/B] *Hic*..Hunt....a...*hic*..I tink...we tided...

[B]Hunter:[/B] *cough*..*hic*..bah I shal....t...win..

[I] Everyone laughed as Eve and Hunters head titled and they passed out. they wouldn't be out long, Elves can hold their liquer, as can Hunter, being the one who taught Eve how to drink.

Everyone chit chatted as the hour got late, Hunter and Eve finally awoke, Hunter got a big room with bunk beds for everyone and the party headed upstairs.. one room for the guys one for the girls. Eve was happy, considering it was just her and Elsyan.

Late into the night after Elsyan was sound asleep, Eve climbed into the window cill, withdrawing her flute she started to pay, the soft serene melody floated around, dancing on the wind. Afte a while she noticed something, a smell on the air. She stood in the cill, putting up her flute. She swiftly, but elegantly, lept from the window onto a nearby branch. She looked around then saw it...far back into the village where the houses got scarce..someone in the streets...holding someone else.. She smelt blood.

Swiftlly ike the shadows she moved down the streets amungst the trees until she wasright by the two men. One was limp, bloog dripping to the ground, the other holding him, his lips to his neck..

Eve wispered to herself.."A Dampheel...."

All of a sudden, she felt somethign inside of her...her eyes flushed a bright crimson then faded to black. She lept from the tree and dashed to the dieing body... She knocked the Vampire from her way and went crazy, licking and lapping at the bloog on the mands wound, then drinking herself, the whole time the Vampire looking at her meanceingly, but somewhat amused.[/i]

[b]???:[/b] First drink I see... you have vampire blood in you.

[i] Eve's eyes returned to green as she lifted her head.[/i]

[b]Eve:[/B] Where am I?...who..are you?

[i] She stood and her hand went to her blade, ready for a fight if need be..[/i][/color]

Crewger got into the room he would be staying in after grabbing a key. He jumped on to a bed after putting his spear down. He slung the bag he was carrying on his shoulder off. He started going through the things he had stolen from the castle. "Let's see if there's any thing that would sell for a good price" crewgwer said to him self as he went through the stuff. Most of it was either jewels, coins or jewelry. He saw a couple of things he liked and decided to keep them. What he had decided to keep was a broach, a neckless and a dagger. He put the rest of the stuff away as he got off the bed. "Now to find a place to sell this stuff" crewger thought smilling as he grabbed his spear off the floor. After he made sure he had all of the things he had brought with him he left.

OOC: Hey T-man. IF you don't spiff up your post quailty muchly so, I'm gonna kick you out, thats redictlous. You needa spell check foro ne, also you make ZERO sence. If your gonna rpg with the big kids ta least attempt to amount to us, everyone agrees. So I suggust you go back and fix that last post, 1 make it longer 2, HOW did u get hese abilities? All my powers are backed by pages of learning and gaining skill in prevous RPG's. You needa tell how u know thigns and decribe stuff in much better detaill..shiezh.

The figure chuckled looking down at eve. he towered over her chuckling. He could smell the blood that flowed in her veins and smirked slightly, the eyes glowing a slight shade of red.

"Stay your hand miss. Not that you would be able to land a touch wiht the blade anyway."

Her eyes narrowed defiantly as she started to draw her blade. the steel of her sword catching the moonlight and a 'sheen' sound was made as the side of the blade drew across the scabbard.

"Do not underestimate me life stealer, I may make you bite off more than you can chew."

He let out a quiet laugh as to not draw attention. his voice was as smooth as silk yet menacing like a silent cobras warning. he took a step closer and waved his hand as he spoke, her hand lazes letting the sword drop back into the scabbard and falling to her side.

"You are challenging the authority of the vampire Alriy. Not to mention I have just fed. Do you realize the folly of your way?"

Eve's eyes widened glaring at the man in slight fear, awe and respect. She's heard of the man before. She stepped back, or at least tried to but his vampiric mesmerism was a little stronger than her tired condition and willpower could handle at the moment.

OOC: OK, it's up to you to build story from here. Danni, use him for what you will... teacher, sparring, whatever you wish for now.

[color=teal][I] As the blood surged through Eve's veins she gasphes out softly and fell forward, her Elven body not being able to handle the human blood. She fell into Aliry's arms, he picked her up, carrying her deep into the Darker part of the forest.

Her eyes opened slightly, her unknowing what day it was, or the time. Aliry stood over her his arms folded. She groaned and passed out again. Theo nly thing she felt before she passed out was his hand on her forhead and the straw undernath her.[/i][/color]

OOC: Randy do with me as u will lol. It'd be nice if you took care of me..*hint hint* NO ONE FIND ME! Direct order. lol. I wanan stay away for a bit, ya can look just not find, I'll find you.

Guest Balerax
[color=darkred] [i] Sheer silence, that's all Bal heard as he began to drift off into sleep. However, he doesn't get much, because dreams of the death of his father and the downfall of his town curse his mind.. forcing him to stay awake. He shared a room with the other guys, all of them being asleep already. He decided to go out for a walk.. possibly to clear his mind, or at least try to. Although he knew, in some way, that something was wrong. But his thoughts were too cluttered to make out anything. He continued to walk, until he came to the edge of the forest he knew all too well.

He didn't feel like experiencing any more memories that night, so he decided to sit against a tree and watch the stars. The night was crystal clear, showing the sky's true magnificent beauty. Bal smiled, knowing that he had spirits that were watching over him up there..

He stared as if entranced by some unknown force.. then, he looked down and saw the most horrific sight of all. The town had been destroyed... all of its people.. slaughtered all over the streets, the buildings in flames.. flames that could be seen from miles away. They seemed to dance around and mock Bal, as if to say, you were too late.. He began to yell for the others.. " Val! Hunter!!... Eve!!! " No one answered. He ran further into town, finally finding the inn at which they were staying... The building with the highest .. and hottest flames of them all... " No.." he thought... " No.. not again.." Bal ran in and frantically searched for any survivors, but to no avail.. they had all... been killed. He looked around and finally saw the stairs to their rooms.. running over to them, he barely missed being killed himself when a support fell in between him and the stairs.. he stepped back and blocked the sheer heat that came off of it.. as he hurled himself into the air and onto the stairs..He ran.. ran as fast as he could up the stairs, but it felt as if he were going no where... no where at all. Bal finally got to the top of the stairs and in between both of the party's doors.. He looked to the left, and to the right... and chose one door. He lifted his arm once again and charged into the room.. what he saw next would haunt him forever...

There laid all of the people he knew for only a short time.. all killed as if in a battle... he looked around in denial.. and finally caught his eye on a dark figure in the middle of the room. He was shrouded in darkness... even the light and intense heat from the flames did not touch him.. He looked down by the figures feet, and saw Eve.. alive but barely able to move.. " You... you bastard.. how could you do this, HOW COULD YOU!? " Bal screamed as he drew Masamune from his cloak.. The figure just smiled.. and lifted Eve from the ground. " You know nothing.. you worthless drow...hahaha" And with that.. he withdrew a small dagger and stabbed Eve.. in the back... and Bal watched as the life began to disapear from her.. slowly.. until she fell to the ground.. to be no more..." no... Noo... NOOOO!"

" NOOO!! " Bal screamed as he awakened from his sleep under the tree.. heart beating loudly and in a cold sweat.. He looked around frantically, seeing that the town was still there.. everyone stil moving around, everyone still alive. He looked down, as tears began to roll down his face. He couldn't control it, the dream felt all too real to him. He put his head in his hands and cried.. he cried all night.. shaking violently and wispering many words.

After many hours.. after he had calmed down and regained his composure, Bal got up and walked back to the inn, and back into the room.. where everyone was still asleep.. safe and undisturbed..[/color] [/i]

[font=gothic][color=indigo][i]The problem with dark, scary, probably haunted forests wasn't that they were dark, which didn't bother Leorik because he could see perfectly, nor that they were scary, because he was at the moment completely apathetic to just about everything as per usual, nor was it that they were haunted, because the only ghost he'd run into so far hadn't had a clue what the hell it was on about. He ruled out immediately that the problem with forests was that they were forests. He felt that was being distinctly unfair to the social urges of trees. Anyway, he decided the problem with dark, scary, probably haunted forests was that you kept going in circles...

He knew that for a fact, because he'd passed by a rather upset looking small humanoid twice now. Once when it had jumped and shouted. He'd been about thirty feet away, had had no idea the being was there, and had nearly brained himself on his axe getting it off his shoulder. The second time had been hours later, just as the thing had stopped snivelling, and gotten up and walked off, in a rather definate direction, one that Leorik knew lead towards the nearest town. Not that that meant a lot. He didn't give a damn about whatever it was, simply because emotional problems were rarely a concern of his, much less any kind of forté, and he hadn't had a lot of luck with other sentient beings anyway.

What currently was his concern was shelter. And his lack of it. He'd been wandering around for hours, and it was closer to dawn than dusk, and that annoyed him. Because it meant he'd failed rather miserably at finding anything. And it meant he was stuck here was the various aggravating creatures this forest seemed to spawn. He sighed, and decided to make do. Finding three convenient trees, a few quick heaves uprooted the two smaller ones, both several times his height anyway, and nearly as round as he was, and some careful balancing against the largest of the trio had him a makeshit tripod structure. Finding another tree, one with nicely abundant foliage, he gripped it as high as he could, and slid his hands down the trunk, effectively stripping it of rather leafy branches. These he placed over the gap in the two leaning trees. He did the same for one of the open sides between a leaning tree and the ground. That left a single opening into a very makeshift, but still semi-effective, shelter. That done he remained resolute that he would pay absolutely no attention to anything else that happened that night, unless it was something he could rather easily hit with his axe. That established, he tried sleeping for once.[/i]

OOC: My aplogogies for the absence, etc etc. By the way people, no-one run into me just yet. I have to write that particular scene; I owe Shinkoru a favour.[/font][/color]

She didn't know how long she had been out when she awoken only that she was now awake. and hungry. Her body felt stiff slightly so she stretched and yawned, her tongue sliding out slightly dragging across her fangs... fangs? her eyes widened and she let out a slight shreik panicking. Suddenly a strong hand touched her shoulder and it seemed as though a soothing energy flowed through it calming the uprising beast inside her.

"First thing is first. If you don't control your beast, you will loose yourself to it."

Alriy looked down at the girl as she focused her vision finally letting it land on the tall man. Suddenly as if she were a started woodland animal she darted back, scrambling on her hands and knees in a crab walk like maneuver.

"What is going on?"

She screamed frantically at him. she kept backing up until she reached the wall and started climbing up it. he raised an eyebrow almost astonished at what she's doing.

"Incredible, never seen such potential."

He whispered in awe. Eve however wasn't as impressed, more terrified when she saw that she was gripped to the corner of a wall on the ceiling coming out of the fear again and falling to the ground as she let go, her body whipping around and landing on her hands and knees eyes glowing red as she growled at him.

"Must I do this, Eve? I will not hold back."

As he spoke one inch talons protruced from the edge of his hands, taking more of a defensive position.

OOC: OK Danni, here it is round one of our side rp within the rp. her beast has taken over and he has to beat it into submission while trying not to harm her too much in the process. lets see what you got. Only use vampiric abilities as that is the only thing her beast will utilize.

[color=crimson] [i] eyes flashing deep red Eve lunged at Aliry, claws outstretched ready to rip him to peices. His hands went up the moment her hands were six inches from his neck, he gripped her wrists and pushed back, eve throwing all her weight into tearing into him, but still to no avail. Her eyes flashed red then green again, just for a moment, terror struck Eve's tearing eyes, then in seconds they were red again. putting all her might into her hands Eves claws slowly got closer to Alirys neck until the tips were barely scrapeing his flesh.

In one strong surge Aliry pushes back on Eve, she stumbles and falls backwads, her head hitting hard aginst the floor. Her eyes flashed green as her hands went to her head and she screamed softly, weeping, aliry kneeled and wiped his hand over her forhead.[/i]

[b]Aliry:[/b] controll yourself... try to keep your bearings... you can do this.

[i] Eve cried softly and looked up...[/i]

[b]Eve:[/B] I...i'm not strong..... i've heard of you..master Aliry..but..why help me?

[b]Aliry:[/b] .....

[i] Eve yelled out and doubled over, coughing, gagging on some invisible liquid in her throught. Her eyes flashed red than went to black with a crimson glow in the center.

She stood, aliry was already up on his feet and backed away, ready for more. She walked towards him and hunched over, going on all fours, a deep rumbling growl was emitted from her throught as she turned and bolted out the door into the darkest part of the forest. Aliry growled, slightly adgitated, and set ut after her.

Eve raced throught the forest as never before. On all four's slowly se began to change, her boy grew smaller as she ran, her skin turned darker until it melted with the shadows, fur sprouted all over as she continued to shrink. Soon she was a full grown cat, running through the woods, jet black fur dark red glowing eyes. she hissed as she ran, slowing then turning, looking back at aliry who was standing right behind her.[/i]

[b]Aliry:[/b] Like you powers don't you.

[i] Eve hissed and tried to run, aliry swiftly caught her around the middle and picked her up, he hummed her into a neary by tree. She fell to the ground back in her Elven shape. she lifted her head and growled, preparing to pounce, claws extended, her hair flowing in the night wind. The shadows hinted aginst her face, hsowing how beautifull she really is, but the dark red glow of her eyes turned all that away, her fangs protruded over her bottom lip as she lunged....[/i][/color]

OOC: Have fun Randy :) "Wip" me into hsape ^_~

• 1 month later...
[font=gothic][color=indigo]OOC: I'm under orders to take a bash at goosing this thing until it starts kicking again.

IC: [i]Leorik, though technically asleep, was rather pissed off at the moment. Mainly because though biologically, Leorik's body was asleep, Leorik's mind was very much not asleep. More to the aggravating point, Leorik's mind was not only not asleep, it was also nowhere near the particular forest where Leorik's body was sleeping.

Actually, Leorik's mind wasn't in the same world, or even the same time frame, as it's natural body. Leorik could accept that, strange as it was. Unexpected, uncontrollable things happened every now and then, and you shouldn't really get annoyed by it....No, what truly vexed Leorik was the fact that his mind was now happily ensconed in the brain of a weedy elf...Not by elven standards, but by a nine foot tall half storm giant's standards...Actually have to strain to move objects around was aggravating. Not being able to flatten ogres with a single punch was worse.

Having the high, lyrical voice of an elf, even one such as this, which was admittedly dark, was truly horrible.

Not having any idea how he "got here" or how to "get back" was only about as half annoying as that last though... He wasn't exactly sure what he was going to do, and he truly considered ramming this weak elven head against a wall for a while, just to see if the owner liked it when he got back...But considered the skull would probably break if he so much as looked at it wrong, and decided better of it. So he simply sighed, and sat down. He was in a comfortable looking room, and there was a chair, so it didn't seem there was anything left to do.

Of course, that meant that in a dark forest several realms and years away, there was an elf running around in a nine foot giant's body...And that elf knew exactly how he'd gotten there, and wasn't happy about it. Especially not when he woke up, stood up, and slammed his skull on a tree branch. Said skull was a little tougher than his old one though...The tree branch gave way first.

The elf dragged his body out from under the collapsed shelter, and stood up, stretching muscles, and growing accustomed to the new physique. Eyeing off another sturdy oak directly in front of him, he level a spinning heel at it, just to see if he could...

He ended up on his back, dignity six feet under. He again stood up, and decided that he'd work on that kind of thing later. He had a couple of old...well, not exactly old given this frame of reference, because he technically hadn't met them yet, anyway, old acquiantances to catch up with, a bit of tinkering with the time/space continuum, and after that a no doubt angry giant to appease.

Lacroix considered that it wasn't the strangest situation he'd been in, and he'd certainly manage to severely entangle the minds of people he technically should meet for another decade or so at least...But it wasn't their fault, and he'd explain it to them a half century or so from now...Of course, by that point he was busy getting caught up in the myriad possibilties, and how everything could alter, only to realise one very, very annoying fact....As mental synapses go...giant's aren't too crash hot.[/font][/color][/i]