OtakuBoards

Yu-Gi-Oh Game Recommendations

Sephiroth

Could someone tell me which is the best YGO game out at the moment? I heard the GBA versions aren't that good, I've got Forbodden Memories which is ok, but was wondering if there is anything better?

I've seen some screenshots for Duelists of the Roses and it look's pretty good, but I need to know how well the other YGO games play and some possible reasons as well maybe?

No, Duelists of the Roses was not good, I mean half of the good stuff had become crappy etc. What you definetly want to get out of all the GBA games is World Wide Edition: Stairway Of The Duel Destined, it's the best GBA game out there, I might also suggest the PC game, its pretty cool too.

hmmmm... Forbiddon Memories was good, the only good part about Duelists of the Roses was kaiba being in armour *giggles* but I would say that The Falsebond Kingdom looks promising along with that new game boy advanced game (the title is something about Sacred Cards i cna't remember). I would reccomend the new gameboy advanced game because of the spirites. THOSE ARE DARN CUTE SPIRTES I TELL YA! :D

Forbidden Memories is one of the worst games I've ever played. There are no tributes, no monster effects, and you can only play one card per turn. Duelist of the Roses is a lot better, though you can still only play one card per turn. There are no tributes. Instead you have summoning points that you gain each turn that you need to summon monsters, so you still can't always summon a powerful monster to the field. The battle system's good too. It's like chess with cards. I don't have a Gameboy Advanced, so I don't know about those games.

I would recommend Duelist of the Roses. It's like Yu-Gi-Oh chess, in a way. You mvoe your Monsters, Magic, and Trap cards around in an attempt to win. You can either corner the Deck Master, as you would get a checkmate in chess, or you can simply eliminate your opponents Lifepoints like in the card game.

The animation is much better than in Forbidden Memories, and you are given more and better cards to use. Once you get the hang of the game, it becomes great fun to play.

After a while though, I must admit, the game gets a bit stale. It becomes quite easy to defeat some of the characters and about all you end up doing is trying to get cards that you do not yet have by repeatedly beating the pulp out of your opponents. Incidentally, after enough duels with an opponent, you can see how they function; get the ability to predict their moves.

So, it's great until you beat it, after that it's just repetitive, you know what will happen and just hope that you'll get the right card in the graveyard slots.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]Could someone tell me which is the best YGO game out at the moment? I heard the GBA versions aren't that good, I've got Forbodden Memories which is ok, but was wondering if there is anything better?

I've seen some screenshots for Duelists of the Roses and it look's pretty good, but I need to know how well the other YGO games play and some possible reasons as well maybe? [/B][/QUOTE]

Forbidden Memories- First YGO game I played.
[b]Pros:[/b] You can test your deck with an oppenant (Duel Master K?) to see how well it functions. And it doesn't have bad graphics for a PS1 game.
[b]Cons:[/b] You can only play one card at a time. Animation... runs... very... slow. Plus, it takes a ton of starchips to buy rare cards like BEWD.
[b]Overall Rating:[/b] 4.5/10, not the best I've played.

Duelist of the Roses: Never played due to the fact I don't have a PS2. Pity me.

Dark Duel Stories: MY second YGO game.
[b]Pros:[/b] Well, this came out way before Battle City, so a BIIIIIIG sneak preview of some of the Rare Hunters, the God Cards (they aren't actually in the game, just hinted at), and Marik. ^^ Plus, some of the cards details are adorable (like Magician of Faith's :therock:-type face [minus the eyebrow quirk]). And as a bonus, you can create your own cards!
[b]Cons:[/b] Some of the cards details are hideous. You can only play ONE trap card per turn. The whole this type beats this type (like Pyro beats Forest no matter the attack points), especially since no monster can automatically destroy a divine.
[b]Overall Rating:[/b] 6/10, not to shabby for a GBC game. ^^

Eternal Duelist Soul: First of the GBA games.
[b]Pros:[/b] Card details are very much like their real game counter-parts.
[b]Cons:[/b] Alot of cool cards aren't on here. Mako is a pain to beat (the first few times you duel him).
[b]Overall Rating:[/b] 7/10, it's no World Wide Edition.

World Wide Edition: Stairway to the Destined Duel: The best I've played.
[b]Pros:[/b] Let's see... You can 'explore' Battle City. Once you've defeated all the Ghouls, you get to go through a special part of the game in which you duel Yami Marik in the end. Some characters will interact/trade places with each other if they're in the same section of town.
[b]Cons:[/b] Odion is difficult to beat. The challenge week sucks. Type Limitation Tournaments are a pain. It's still not an RPG.
[b]Overall Rating:[/b] 9/10, as I said before, the best I've played.

Falsebound Kingdom: Haven't played it, but it looks good.

The Sacred Cards: Haven't played it, but it looks more awesome than WWE. And it's an [i]actual[/i] YGO RPG! yay-ness!

Power of Chaos: I've only played the trail version, so I don't know how the game actually is. ^^; But, from what I've seen, it looks... okay. THe music is nice. Real nice.

I've only played the GBA games, but...

Eternal Duelist Soul was great when it came out, but now that we've got World Wide Edition, it's simply out-dated. EDS goes through the 1st half of Pharoah's Servant, but WWE goes through all of Labriyth of Nightmare.

Sacred Cards doesn't play by the original CCG rules, but it still looks good. I'm getting it for Christmas. ^__^

If you don't mind the wait, World Wide Edition '04 is coming out early next year, at which point WWE will only be good for the exclusuive cards. Yay-ness.

YuGiOh: The Sacred Cards is alright. It pretty much starts you out before Battle City then it obviously takes you until the final battle with Marik. They added some people that I never saw in battle city such as Bonz and Rex Raptor. There are also no named people that you deul to increase your deck capacity. Mako, Odion, and Kaiba are pretty tough, also Marik is so difficult it isn't funny.

• 3 weeks later...
I finally got the chance to play The Sacred Cards and Falsebound Kingdom.

The Sacred Cards [i]My new obsession[/i]
[b]Pros:[/b] Chibi characters. w00t! The game play is nice and the pace is just right. Plus, it's an RPG! Yay!
[b]Cons:[/b] Return of the DDS battle system. Aqua beats pyro, Thunder beats Aqua, Divine is unbeatable... Also, return of DDS deck cost. >_< Curse it!
[b]Overall Rating:[/b] 9.4/10, return of the evil DDS battle system killed the score slightly, but Bonz brought the score up again. ^o^

Falsebound Kingdom [i]The God of my Gamecube[/i]
[b]Pros:[/b] Kaiba is all evil-ish! Yay! ^o^ The graphics are suberb and I just love the way the attacks look.
[b]Cons:[/b] Insanely difficult boss: Weevil. Oo; If you don't beat him quick, his troops just keep on coming back... oO;
[b]Overall Rating:[/b] 9.2/10, I love the game entirely. ^o^ But the bosses are a tad bit too hard and Pegasus scares me with his... niceness.

• 2 weeks later...
I just bought the Sacred Cards on Friday and beat the game on Sunday. It's a fun game, but it's hard to get used to the new rules, such as Deck Capacity and Duelist Level. Another thing that bugged me is how once you've beaten the game, the only thing you can do is start a new game! But, other than that, I deffinately recomend it to Yu Gi Oh fans.