OtakuBoards

The 'Sex Bracelet' Controversy?

Queen Asuka

Well I'm in middles school and I have many of these bracelets, (I'm wearing them now) and I find it stupid.

My friends and I wear them all the time, but the problem is that the boys love to play ?Snap?.(you should see how many boys get slapped^^; ) Even though here it doesn't mean anything,( just like playing around.)Teachers have started to take them up, and give out detentions if they find someone playing ?Snap.?

A pointless stupid thing I would say. My mom and dad have even had a talk with me about this bracelets. Some, very few, of my friends have stopped wearing them, cause there parents made them...stupid...,but thats parents for you...

[color=crimson]You never know. On the other side of the coin, you have to remember some of the stupid questionable fads that have marked the younger generation over the years.

But this is a far stretch for overconcerned parents- there are many legitamate things to worry about when dealing with teenagers, but they choose to worry about bracelets..

Idiots.[/color]

That craze, here, is like the Pokémon craze was a while ago.

Everyone wears them, and if you see someone not, they're instantly a "nerd" or somethin'.

I've worn them before, and right now I've got two on my wrist, but only 'cause everyone else does, you see. I don't want to be left out.

:smoke:

I know some people who at least recognize that that is what they're supposed to mean. I would have simply considered it a middle school thing, but I've recently been informed that some other high schools make a big deal out of this around here.

At my school(being that it's such a complete party school), sex is not a big enough deal to worry about stupid stuff like this. Personally, I almost wish I couldn't say that.

-Justin

My friend Monica gave each of her friends two braclets as a sign of our friendship. I got blue and orange.
I personally think that this is ridiculous. I mean, it's almost like parents are trying to dig up more ways to ban kids and the things they like to wear. 4th graders having sex? Oh come on. I don't know if these people took a reality/commen sense check before the decided to put this on the news.
And besides, it's really hard to break those braclets without a pair of scissors.

[color=violet]This is utter madnes. I agree with Katana, what 4th grader would know so much about sex that they'd actually want to do something like that. The average person doesn't even begin to reach puberty until 11 or twelve in the first place and if a 6th grader ends up trying to do the nasty-well, I think the parent should want to re-evalute their child rearing practices instead of blaming the school. Or in this case, pop-culture.
The next thing you know there will be some sort of secret code with lunch bags:
If you have a Pikachu lunch bag you're full of static electricity and someone has to 'rub' you to release it
Barbie lunch bag-You want someone to undress you and make you do their bidding.
Strawberry shortcake-You need something popped and so on and so forth.
Honestly, some people will do anything for attention, even used bracelets.[/color]

Guest Inuyasha7575
these braceletts are not used at my highschool i am a freshman their,but they are used in my old home town where most of my relatives live its about 2 hours away from were i know live with my mom im 14 though. I went to visit my grandparents over the summer and my cousin told me about it and how some kids down their actually take it seriously and do the stuff which seems stupid to me. I my self would never wear one and does not hope to get kicked anywhere since im a guy it would hurt bad.

[SIZE=1][B]I never heard of them but....

That's just plain stupid. If I had one and someone broke it, I'll break them... in two! If someone broke someone's braclet thing, they don't HAVE to have sex, it's free will you can do what you like. Soon if they do get out of hand or something, they might be band from certain schools. We had these things in England, I can't remeber the name, but they became illegal because if the toy went around someones neck they could choke to death, they where very dangerous.

It's a load of crap. It's worse than the thing we used to say in school. You don't HAVE to do anything if someone breaks it, free will, it's just like saying you don't have to go to the head master after school for breaking a computer, you can if you want but it's more likely the smart people won't.[/SIZE][/B]