OtakuBoards

Transformers Armada

Guest MetalSonic700

Guest MetalSonic700
Yeah Yeah it was a pretty ba series but today, Friday the 12th of December 2003, its episode span ended. I didnt see about 1/4th of the series but the little I did see, I liked. Especially the last 4 episodes of the Unicron battles. For those of you who only know Transformers as armada, Unicron was the main bad guy in the transformers movie (which I plan to own!)I figure this series deserves the honor of its own thread so post your own opinions.

I love Transformers from the very beginning. A long time ago, my brother and I would watch the show every morning. It was the original. Now, since the show changed, we find it very enjoyable. My brother would always tell me what happen in the new series; this is when I would sometimes come home late afterschool.

All the autobots and disepticans (sorry about the spelling) sure have changed. There are new voice actors and actresses playing the roles of almost every robot. I was shocked when I've the actor who played starscream. I never knew that many actors from all my favorite animes would be in this anime.

Transformers Armada is a cool show.

"Transformer.....robots in disguise......Transformers!!"

And yes, I happen to know the theme song.:therock: :)

Armada was okay, but kinda' simplistic. The kids annoyed the heck out of me, with the exception of Alexsis, who actually seemed to have a few brain cells to rub together.

On the whole, I liked the Decpticons a lot more than the Autobots. Starscream, Wheeljack, Sideways, and Thrust were the most complex characters in the show, particullarly Starsceam. (And Tidal Wave looked wicked cool.)

The episode [spoiler]where Starscream died[/spoiler] was mmasterfully done.

However, there were a lot of bad things, too. When Megatron first gets his hands on the Star Saber, he spends the whole episode using it to chase down Sideways for making a smart remark....what?? Oh, and the fact that half the cast changed color in "The Unicron Battles"...what was that for? They didn't get new powers or anything...

On the whole, the thing that bothered me most was that there were a lot of errors on the show. For example, many times, Tidal Wave was referred to as "Shock Wave", Optimus as "Convoy", Overload as "Ultra Mangus"...those were all the Japanese names of those characters.

The funniest blooper was just recently aired, when, twice in the same episode, Demolishor gives a lengthy status reports...in Hoist's voice. Heh.

I was incredibly disappointed by the finale, though, especially with all the build up it had. I'd thought the "Unicron Battles" episodes were light years ahead of the original eps, but they went out with a nonsensical whimper. Hopefully, the next season/series featuring the armada cast will improve.

However, the best TF series of all time remains "Beast Machines". =)

This show isn't really that bad. At first I hated it because it was kinda like Pokemon just with robots. They went around and captured different robots and made friends with them. This plot kind of sucked to me. Now that Unicron came into the picture it has gotten alot better.

Guest MetalSonic700
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathBug [/i]
[B]However, the best TF series of all time remains "Beast Machines". =) [/B][/QUOTE]

??? Beast Machines? You really think so? Well I only saw a little Beast Machines but it didnt seem very cool. Beast Wars was pretty awesome, but it was mainly funny. The first series and Armada were both pretty good bt they were a lot alike.

Overall My rating from greatest toworst is.
Beast wars-Transformers Armada-Transformers-Beast Machines- That weird Fox show *shudder*

As an anime in comparison to all others, it's basically awful. The art is rather poor, the storyline is fairly predictable, and I'm constantly driven mad by the dub voices. As a children's mecha anime, however, compared to the current output of that genre, it isn't _so_ bad. The recent developments- the Unicron saga, in general- mark a significant lift in plot quality that gives enough intrigue and character develpment to distance this anime from somewhat less sophisticated (dubiously plausible, yet in my opinion true) animes like Medabots and Daigunder and whatnot. Oh, and S.D. Gundam. *shudder*

Bottome line? It's improving, I should think, and that's a trend I hope to see continue.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MetalSonic700 [/i]
[B]??? Beast Machines? You really think so? Well I only saw a little Beast Machines but it didnt seem very cool. Beast Wars was pretty awesome, but it was mainly funny. The first series and Armada were both pretty good bt they were a lot alike.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Beast Machines was the most complex TF show ever, with the best animation and music. Optimus Primal [spoiler]actually destroys Cybertron, Megatron gains control of the Matrix, Cheetor takes command of the Maximals, Rhinox is corrupted and betrays his comrades...[/spoiler] Best TF show ever.

i thought TF was a good show. I mean....good enough to keep me interested. I thought the whole thing between [spoiler]Starscream and the girl[/spoiler] was cute. I watched just to see what would happen, and if the two sides would become one. I didn't understand it thought [spoiler]when the minicons started talking.[/spoiler]How where they able to do that? That really confused me.
I used to watch this show as a little kid, and just watching again reminds me of the good ol' days....

[color=#707875][size=1]I actually missed the last few episodes of [b]The Unicron Battles[/b] and it pissed my off severely. I have to say though that I did not enjoy Transformers Armada as much I had hoped I would. I agree that some of the character were well though out and enjoyable: [i][b]Starscream[/b] [his personal choices were well thought out and interesting, [b]Optimus[/b], [b]Red Alert[/b], [b]Sideswipe[/b] [he had me in stitches], [b]Demolisher[/b] [another comic character].

The next series of Transformers is called [spoiler]Energon and will feature the return of many of the previous series characters [b]even Starscream[/b] from what I've read, the series takes place roughly 10 years after Armada with the Decepticons looking for energy to restore Unicron to power.

It will also see several new Autobots and Decepticons come to Earth including my own favourite [b]Ultra Magnus[/b] as well as Ironhide, Scorponok and others. I hope that this one will be better than Armada's mad dash get Minicons race but we shall soon see.[/spoiler][/size][/color]

This show is the worst insult to transformers that ever existed!

1. The animation is cheaper than the original show from the 80's. Just watch an episode, the transformers barely move except their mouths. This also helps to make the fight scenes extremely boring.

2. The voice acting is weak, they got great voice actors from Beast Wars to do optimus and Megs, but they don't even work together and have no input on the lines. The vices improve a bit later in the show but are crap compared to Beast wars, where they acted neqarly the same characters.

3. Story? Is there a story? The minicons don't even have real voices. They totally wasted unicron, he was brainless.

I never thought that robots in disguise would be better than this show until I watched it. I can't beleive that anyone likes it at all. I know that energon is going to be just as bad too.

Beast machines was only good if you had seen all of beast wars, because most of the character development happened in BW. Its an excellent show though, but it needs to be seen in order too, because the storyline in continual.