Hinata Posted December 16, 2003 Posted December 16, 2003 [COLOR=orange][SIZE=1] Hey everyone. I know you're wondering why you're seeing this name pop up, but this is the appropriate place. I just started really listening to this group and music like theirs but I don't really know of other bands that play this type of amibent music. If you could hit me on to more groups of the same nature or ever more songe lo look for from Enya it would be awesome... Thank You Much!! [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Marik_Duelist Posted December 25, 2003 Posted December 25, 2003 Just go to a serch engine and type in irish music, and I hate Enya!! And I'm Irish, so why do you like her????
NorykoAngelcry Posted December 25, 2003 Posted December 25, 2003 [COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Sorry Sweetreyes, I won't be much of a help with other groups like Enya. . I am not a big music type of guy. ^_^ As for Enya herself, I do listen to her stuff. She is very relaxing, and actually has a lot of good songs. I have worked a few late night jobs, and nothing is worse then coming back home, and not being able to fall asleep, or at least relax (I was. . and still am a bit of an insomniac). Another person (that I may be smacked for) that I listen to would be Bjork. . she has a bit more quirky and odd sounds. . but same thing. I would listen to her music along with Enya and Coldplay to help me get relaxed =) Don't know if this helps at all. . just thought I would share ^_^[/SIZE][/COLOR]
KKC Posted December 26, 2003 Posted December 26, 2003 Hm... I listen to Enya as well, but... I really wouldn't call Enya a band :sweat: Enya's music I THINK can be found under "New World" (or something like that) in the music area, but I'm not completly sure. Enya is very relaxing, I really like her music from Lord of the Rings, which is one of the main reasons why I bought the soundtrack to the fellowship (Now im just buying it for Billy Boyd), but Her music is great. Listening to it when you can't get to sleep is a good idea, it makes you sleepy... because it's soo relaxing... Sail away is probably one of my favs. that she sings.
Death's Rose Posted December 27, 2003 Posted December 27, 2003 My roommate listens to Enya. I think she is under new age.
NorykoAngelcry Posted December 27, 2003 Posted December 27, 2003 [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Umm, what does that have to do with anything? lol. . . *shrug* Got me. . I love listening to Enya/Byork/Coldplay. . nothing better then coming home late night, and listening to relaxing music to get me ready to fall asleep. . lol. Just my opinion though. . [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Sui Generis Posted December 28, 2003 Posted December 28, 2003 [COLOR=indigo]I love Enya. I first heard her in sixth grade and ever since have fallen in love with her music. Its really relaxing and I love her voice. I'm not sure what other "bands" like her there are, I don't know much about that style of music, all I know is that I love Enya. Good luck on the search![/COLOR]
Whiteblaze Posted December 31, 2003 Posted December 31, 2003 Enya is great, but I only really like a few of her songs like "Sail Away", "Only Time", and "Water Mark". I really like Mandalay and Yanni though! I'm not sure if Mandalay fits in Enya's category, but it really doesn't matter after you've heard their music! My favorite song of their?s is ?It?s Enough Now? from their newest album, [I]Solace[/I]. Give Mandalay and Yanni a try.
James Posted December 31, 2003 Posted December 31, 2003 [color=#707875]If you like Enya, I'd also recommend Deep Forest, Delerium and a group that I cannot remember the name of right now...ugh. If I remember, I'll tell you. ^_^ I like Enya, but I guess that's mostly because she's easy to like. Her stuff is pretty easy on the ears I suppose. But having said that, I wouldn't call myself an Enya fan as such. Now and then, I can listen to her and enjoy it...but not all the time.[/color]
Patronus Posted January 2, 2004 Posted January 2, 2004 [size=1][color=blue]I love Enya. I really like her 9/11 song.. forgot what the name of it is, but it makes me cry everytime I hear it. Her voice is so soothing.[/color][/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now