OtakuBoards

Rurouni Kenshin!

~Mystical Pan~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Mystical Pan~ [/i]
[B]have seen some eps and I got the movie! It's awesome! The plot is great and it's another great anime which will never be on CN cause it would never be able to be edited for tv and still have the same great taste.

Who's seen it? and if you have, what do you think of it? :D [/B][/QUOTE]

I've seen it ALL! The Movie, Series, OAV.... it's my favorite and best anime ever! Not to mention is has one of the best soundtracks for any anime! :) And Sano is a hot piece of @ss!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forte [/i]
[B]Never seen nor heard it..Is it good? [/B][/QUOTE]

Is it good?..... It's only the BEST!

Although it may be hard to follow for some people.... it uses ALOT of Japanese terms and alot of Japanese history. Groups and names you wouldn't have heard of before, that really do come from Japanese history. Kenshin himself is said to be a real legend.

Kenshin is about a samurai by the name of Himura Kenshin who was trained in Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu (sword fighting stance) under the great Hiko Seijuro. He fought on the side of the Ishin Shishi in a revolutionary war in Japan in the late 1800's I think. He was fighting against the Meiji government. He was a Hitokiri (man killer, aka Assassin) at age 15 for the Ishin Shishi. His nickname was Hitokiri Battousai. After many "problems (I won't give away anymore, you'll have to watch the series) and after the Ishin ShiShi successfully took over the Meiji government, he said to himself he would NEVER kill another person again, and instead use his sword to protect those he love. So he became a Rurouni (a wanderer, vagaban) and hence the series name Rurouni Kenshin. However throughout the series alot of past catches up to him in new challenges and he must protect his new found friends and family, Kaoru-dono, Sanosuke, Yahiko, Megumi, Misao, etc... The series is just great. It gives you an inside look in real sword techniques (some aren't, some are) and a slight look at Japanese history and what it may have been like. If you like swords, samurais, anything dealing with Japan, you would LOVE this series... like I did!

geeze, what is with u ppl! never even heard of kenshin? wtf are u doing at an "otaku" website/board! The forums are cursed, cursed i tells ya!

but anywho, if any1 from the GF remember stalechips, then ill tell ya that she sent me eps. 1 of rurouni kenshin. i loved it and watched it 6 times before deleting it frum my hard drive (it took up too much room). then my streamload account came in handy again when sum1 sent me the Kenshin OAV (or ova, wutever the hell it is). That was pretty gory, but pretty awesome. then i found this awesome website with the movie on it and i downloaded that, too. very cool! so ive seen everything except that rest of the series. weird huh?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by No-Name [/i]
[B]geeze, what is with u ppl! never even heard of kenshin? wtf are u doing at an "otaku" website/board! The forums are cursed, cursed i tells ya!

but anywho, if any1 from the GF remember stalechips, then ill tell ya that she sent me eps. 1 of rurouni kenshin. i loved it and watched it 6 times before deleting it frum my hard drive (it took up too much room). then my streamload account came in handy again when sum1 sent me the Kenshin OAV (or ova, wutever the hell it is). That was pretty gory, but pretty awesome. then i found this awesome website with the movie on it and i downloaded that, too. very cool! so ive seen everything except that rest of the series. weird huh? [/B][/QUOTE]

that is weird..but the series is great...I say see it. :)

If you think the movies are awesome..try watching the series. :)

I''m actually working on a Kenshin Banner. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

I've seen it ALL! The Movie, Series, OAV.... it's my favorite and best anime ever! Not to mention is has one of the best soundtracks for any anime! :) [/B][/QUOTE]
aiiii, I love the song Heart of Sword:D
I haven't seen any Kenshin (yet:devil: ), I've gotta get some other stuff first, but I'm certainly lookin' into it.