Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
[quote name='kyonen']Oh yeah! Psycho le Cemu ROCKS! Especially their mini-album, Prism even though it was old stuff. I enjoyed their indies stuff more than their major works. My favorite song is probably Prism then REMEMBRANCE.[/quote]

I don't care too much for them only because they dress like wierdos (even in visual kei standards). HOWEVER, their song Gekikai Merry-go-round is so damn addicting...

And speaking of old bands, is there any love in here for Shazna?
Guest lavalamp
Posted
Not caring for a band because of their image.

su·per·fi·cial ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spr-fshl)
adj.
Of, affecting, or being on or near the surface: a superficial wound.
Concerned with or comprehending only what is apparent or obvious; shallow.
Apparent rather than actual or substantial: a superficial resemblance.
Trivial; insignificant: made only a few superficial changes in the manuscript.

[url=http://www.dictionary.com/]dictionaryCOM[/url]
Posted
[QUOTE=SadClown]I don't care too much for them only because they dress like wierdos (even in visual kei standards). HOWEVER, their song Gekikai Merry-go-round is so damn addicting...

And speaking of old bands, is there any love in here for Shazna?[/QUOTE]

So you don't like PlC because they dress like weirdos.... but you like Shazna.... because Izam isn't the most female looking man I've ever seen....

Pyscho le Cemu is probably one of the better indie bands to go major I've ever heard. Next to early Deg.

lava lamp, have you heard of DespairsRay? I haven't kept up on them and I was wondering if you had any recent news of them if you know of them. They are my favourite indie band, they have been for a while now.
Posted
[color=indigo][size=1]A lot of you are into Jrock....and I don't seem to know some of them because I'm not a huge fan of Jrock. I just don't seem to understand...I'm a fan of Jpop...I....[/color][/size]
Guest lavalamp
Posted
I love D'espairsRay. Information on them is relatively hard to find, but I do know they have a new mini album coming out April 28th.

Their music is really high quality stuff, and they're in my top five favorite indies bands. They're really underrated but what can you do?

I like Psycho le Cemu but it's iffy. Sometimes their music is insanely catchy while other times it will knock an insomniac out.
Guest Inuyashas#1girl
Posted
I have u r not the only one I got a cd!ofInuyasha I am not so sure that it is J-pop or J-rock. :ball:
Posted
Most likely Jpop, but like Owaranai yume, it's KINDA Jrock-ish. But that's as much as it gets. But it's good Jpop.

I don't really like Jpop as a whole (or wait, maybe I do!) because of artists like Ayumi who even has her share of songs like Evolution. I just don't like it because most of it is too cheerful for a me.
Posted
[color=indigo][size=1]Anyone bought [b]HYDE[/b]'s [b]666[/b]? It's quite nice. Like the song [b]HELLO[/b]. The song [b]Shining Over You[/b], isn't that bad too...[/color][/size]
Posted
[quote name='Sweet Pie]Anyone bought [b]HYDE[/b]'s [b]666[/b]? It's quite nice. Like the song [b]HELLO[/b]. The song [b]Shining Over You[/b'], isn't that bad too...[/quote]

I haven't heard it but haven't liked any of his singles yet, don't think the album's going to change my mind.

Say, what's the band he leads? Aren't they doing something? It's not as important as his solo work of course.
Posted
[quote name='Transtic Nerve']So you don't like PlC because they dress like weirdos.... but you like Shazna.... because Izam isn't the most female looking man I've ever seen....[/quote]

There's a big difference between the two though. PLC dress like their going to a comic book convention and its just a little too outlandish for me. IZAM, on the other hand, just looks like any other hot woman, except he happens to be a man...
Guest Teiaiel
Posted
Psycho le Cemu is a little strange in terms of looks, but I think that it really sort of ups their character. A lot of the costumes are very bright and even a little like the old Godzilla style. Sometimes I'm not sure if they're trying to make everything look as 'real' as it could be.

Still I appreciated a lot of their music, including their earlier techno-esque stuff. I have to admit that I was a little scared the first time I heard MEGATRON, because I hadn't been expecting techno from such a visual kei-looking band. But the more I listened to them, the more I could pick out unique bits that made them an in-between between the fantastical visual-kei, the newer 'poppy' rock (ie Baroque, etc), and techno. It's really very interesting.

It's especially interesting to see the progression of styles within bands over time. Kagrra, for example, with Koi and Ran (which I'm pretty sure are both off of Urei) have lost more of their traditional Japanese influence, but you can still make out the old Kagrra through their play on meter. DeG, similarly, have tended more and more to 'nu-metal,' which I'm not sure I'd prefer over their old stuff.
Posted
[QUOTE=wrist cutter]I haven't heard it but haven't liked any of his singles yet, don't think the album's going to change my mind.

Say, what's the band he leads? Aren't they doing something? It's not as important as his solo work of course.[/QUOTE]
[color=indigo][size=1]He isn't that bad. Frankly, he don't sound so good, though. Sometimes, I thought he was not singing but just shouting...I don't know. Sorry, I don't know the group he was leading... Yeah, probably, the thing he's doing with his band is more important than his solo career. Don't look like he's giving his best shot.[/color][/size]
Posted
[quote name='Sweet Pie']Sorry, I don't know the group he was leading...[/quote]

Oh man, that just hurts. Seriously.

My post was mainly in jest, as hyde doesn't lead any bands. He's the vocalist of the group L'Arc~en~Ciel though, who have been around for over a decade and are one of the most successful rock groups. The band is actually led by bassist tetsu, but I get the idea that most "fans" these days think hyde is the leader or something. I can't tell anymore. All I know is that hyde is getting way too damn much exposure. I think it's pretty obvious that tetsu and ken had better solo ventures than hyde anyway.

Anyhow, my point know is that L'Arc~en~Ciel is infinitely better than hyde solo (or any of the other members for that matter). He actually sings in the band, too, rather than just yelling. They'll be releasing their 9th album "SMILE" at the end of this month, after three years of inactivity as a band.

And rata, it's X JAPAN.
Posted
Laruku are definately a talented band, whereas Hyde is just a pretty boy with a high voice.

He isnt even that pretty of a pretty boy. I feel sorry for his newborn.
Posted
As far as Hyde leading Laruku... it is usually looked upon as the lead singer in the band being the leader. Thats the case with almost all bands out there. I typically don't like the "leader" of a band idea. I think it takes away from the whole being of a group.
Guest Kairikyo
Posted
[QUOTE=kyonen]Hi, sweet pie! I'm kyonen, and I'm not new here. I came here up to August last year. This is the first time I've come back @_@ But anyways it's nice to meet you! ^_-

My favorite J-rock band is D+SHADE. I know there are those like wrist cutter who think they're just a run-of-the-mill band, but they're not. They disbanded in 2000, but I still like their music. Their last song, ZERO, is the best in my opinion.

It's weird. I like them even more then I liked Diru @_@

But SadClown would find it interesting to know, I got to know them thru KKJ as well (and the OTHER 3 bands!) xD[/QUOTE]

if anyone wants to talk to me about d-shade i would love that. even though they disbanded i still really like them. I use to be obsessed and collect all their clippings vids and cds, posters hahaha that was a while ago. of course there was the obsession phase with the lead singer Hibiki ^-^
Guest Kairikyo
Posted
[QUOTE=Teiaiel]Psycho le Cemu is a little strange in terms of looks, but I think that it really sort of ups their character. A lot of the costumes are very bright and even a little like the old Godzilla style. Sometimes I'm not sure if they're trying to make everything look as 'real' as it could be.

Still I appreciated a lot of their music, including their earlier techno-esque stuff. I have to admit that I was a little scared the first time I heard MEGATRON, because I hadn't been expecting techno from such a visual kei-looking band. But the more I listened to them, the more I could pick out unique bits that made them an in-between between the fantastical visual-kei, the newer 'poppy' rock (ie Baroque, etc), and techno. It's really very interesting.

It's especially interesting to see the progression of styles within bands over time. Kagrra, for example, with Koi and Ran (which I'm pretty sure are both off of Urei) have lost more of their traditional Japanese influence, but you can still make out the old Kagrra through their play on meter. DeG, similarly, have tended more and more to 'nu-metal,' which I'm not sure I'd prefer over their old stuff.[/QUOTE]


i love that band they are all very cute ^-^. I love how they dress like game characters it's so cool. I want to look that cool but ppl probably think i'm a freak.
Posted
[QUOTE=Winter]Laruku are definately a talented band, whereas Hyde is just a pretty boy with a high voice.

He isnt even that pretty of a pretty boy. I feel sorry for his newborn.[/QUOTE]

That's extremely harsh, I'd say. To reduce Hyde's vocal range to merely "a high voice" is really underestimating his talent as a vocalist. I'm not even going to comment on his looks because that's totally secondary; people tend to focus on that without taking a look at his talent as a musician.

I think he adds just the right flavor to L'Arc~en~Ciel, especially since he doesn't just sing for the band. At times, you can find him playing the guitar or even the saxophone, and his lyrics are also quite incredible. To call him just 'a pretty boy with a high voice' is as ignorant a statement if I ever heard one. Why is it you feel this way? Which Laruku songs or Hyde's own songs made you form this opinion?

~haruno_sakura
Posted
[size=1][color=red][b]Utada Hikaru and BoA[/b] have got to be the best! I love the theme song for Kingdom Hearts in which Utada Hikaru sings, and BoA does a great job singing for some of the songs on Inu Yasha!

My favorite song though, is [b]Wild Wind[/b] sung by [b]Hiyama Nobuyuki[/b] and [b]Oogata Megumi[/b]. I can sing all the words to it.

Another good song is [b]Kirei na Kanjou[/b] sung by [b]Arai Akino[/b]. I think its a song on Noir, I've never seen the anime but I've heard of it.[/size][/color]
Posted
[quote name='xmystic_silverx][b]Utada Hikaru and BoA[/b'] have got to be the best! I love the theme song for Kingdom Hearts in which Utada Hikaru sings, and BoA does a great job singing for some of the songs on Inu Yasha![/quote]

Best? Best [i]what[/i]?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...