OtakuBoards

Does anyone listen to Jpop/Jrock?

Sweet Pie

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]Speaking of whom, I'll trade you READY STEADY GO (CD quality) for that megamix we spoke of earlier... [/B][/QUOTE]

Well i would have given you the mega-mix for free, but since you insist.... Get online sometime, just not tonight (Monday) I won't be home till 1:30am... unless you're upi that late...

[quote][b]I think Gackt should do that, lol...

He'd save his fame that way maybe.[/quote][/b]

No, I'm pretty sure Gackt's gonna keep his fame for a long time.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kyonen, I hadnt heard about "R" I'll have to look into it. Anyway, the best part about the Departures CD is the photobook you get. Most of the tracks on that CD aren't too spectacular. But thats my opinion. If you liked "ISTL" then you'll enjoy the rest. Is the End is a good song huh, probably my favorite next to SEED Style, which I've been unable to locate sence i lost my old CPU...

Wrist Cutter, in case you cared, I bought Surface's Album the other day becuase of the song "Im Fine Thank You..." which you posted. Thanx =D

[color=teal][b] I just heard Seeds Style 2000. I almost didn't finish d/ling it, since I have a 56K and my dad wanted to connect. But I got it! I'd say it's my favorite then Rebirth, then FREEZE OUT. If theres one I WISH I had, it was Is the End. The hard drive corrupted :mad:

My favorite I heard from Departures so far is Kagerou, the first track. I like it because it's an accoustic song, you don't hear too many of them anymore! About -R-, I've talked to some people and they said they outdid themselves with the release! But you can't find the mp3s ANYWHERE. :confused:

Also, I just heard "MYSELF" by D-SHADE, it has some nice wind effects in the beginning and end, so if you got winmx, try to find it! ;)

Oh yeah! I'm now 20! *not a teen anymore* :p

[/color][/b]

[color=coral]Speaking of Jpop, anyone knows SMAP? If yes, which guys in them do you like? I like [i]Kimura Takuya[/i] he's now around 32 but looks like 20. He's also a actor, a top actor. If you don't know him, he's the spokesperson for [i]Levis[/i], Japan. Really, for the girls! They've been in the Showbiz for about 10 years, approximately. One of the songs they sang was [i]Lion Heart[/i][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lavalamp
Just finished watching L'Arc-en-Ciel's new PV.

I'm in love. I thought [i]READY STEADY GO[/i] was good but it became way too mundane way too fast. [i]hitomi no jyunin[/i] is a fantastic ballad which really makes good use of HYDE's vocals. I'm impressed.

The PV is good, too. Better than [i]READY STEADY GO[/i]'s which I felt was bland.

Pre-order their album [url=http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KSCL-678]here[/url].

Released on 2004/03/31, the same day Hikaru Utada's [i]SINGLE COLLECTION VOL.1[/i] drops. Someone behind the curtain is very bold. Morning Musume also releases a compilation the same day, but I expect L'Arc-en-Ciel to do better than them on the [url=http://www.oricon.co.jp/]oricon[/url].

As for singles that day, Ayumi Hamasaki seems to be the only big hitter. Other than Nana Katase's new single, it looks empty. I'm surprised w-inds wasn't going to try [again] to overtake her. Their new single hits shelves 2004/03/10.

Also looking forward to Namie Amuro's new single, [i]ALARM[/i] which from the CM looks to be good. 2004/03/17. March is a good month.

[QUOTE=kyonen][color=teal][b] I just heard Seeds Style 2000. I almost didn't finish d/ling it, since I have a 56K and my dad wanted to connect. But I got it! I'd say it's my favorite then Rebirth, then FREEZE OUT. If theres one I WISH I had, it was Is the End. The hard drive corrupted :mad:

My favorite I heard from Departures so far is Kagerou, the first track. I like it because it's an accoustic song, you don't hear too many of them anymore! About -R-, I've talked to some people and they said they outdid themselves with the release! But you can't find them ANYWHERE. :confused:

[/color][/b][/QUOTE]

After my hard drive crashed, I havent been able to find SEED Style 2000 to save my life. And kagerou is probably the best song on the entire album, unfortunetly. The rest of it gets too cheesy and gospal sounding. Track 8 isnt that bad though.

[color=indigo]Yay! [b]Tackey & Tsubasa[/b] came out thier new album. Gotta buy them! Anyone knows that that [b]Gackt[/b] & [b]HYDE[/b] starred in a movie [b][i]Moon Child[/b][/i] The story's in a Chinese channel on cble here. Pity I don't get to watch them but I'll get them from a LaserFlair shop, bet, they have ^_^

Anyway, who's in their teens here? Anyone? It's seems like most of the people who is active in this thread are in their 20s. True?[/color]

[QUOTE]After my hard drive crashed, I havent been able to find SEED Style 2000 to save my life. And kagerou is probably the best song on the entire album, unfortunetly. The rest of it gets too cheesy and gospal sounding. Track 8 isnt that bad though.
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Teal]SEED Style 2000 isn't that hard to find, actually. Do you have the original SEED? They're both titled with OP (it was the theme for Miami Guns) and I have them both, they don't sound different. You may have to settle on buying the single though from Jpophelp, though. >_<

I did find is the END again, someone who had even kono aozora no hate, but it was like 108 queues. It was down to 57, and the system froze. So that was that. Looks like I'll have to settle on the single, too. >_>

And about Departures, SkY is probably my 2nd fav. so far.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Anyway, who's in their teens here? Anyone? It's seems like most of the people who is active in this thread are in their 20s. True?
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Teal]Well, early 20s maybe. Not too far from there, I guess.

I'm glad this thread's starting to get lively again![/COLOR]

Guest lavalamp
Oh god.

Namie Amuro's new PV is orgasmic. People are so stuck on the underground Japanese Hip Hop/R&B circuit and I can't understand why. Namie Amuro, 90's pop queen, does the genre better than any other Japanese artist I've heard to date. I think the only thing that compares to her is three NATION.

She just has the perfect voice for it, and I'm glad she's experimenting more, despite her relatively terrible sales as of late. The PV itself looks a lot like the PV to [i]Put 'Em Up[/i] but what can you do?

Artists like DOUBLE and stuff are given huge titles regarding the Japanese Hip Hop/R&B scene because: I have no idea. The music is bland and repetitive and the image is so overdone. I'm probably biased because I've always been a huge fan of Namie Amuro's, but she does it so well. Do any of you feel the same way? Do any of you pay much attention to the genre in the first place?

Oh, and:

[b]Did any of you by chance see Gackt's performance on the 23rd at Heyx3?[/b]

I've never laughed so hard in my life. He performed [i]Vanilla[/i] to promote his single collection which is currently sitting at 3rd in the [url=http://www.oricon.co.jp/]oricon[/url]. Don't get me wrong; it's a great song for what it's dabbling in. When Gackt put it out, he had this charisma he just completely lacks now. Watching him live was so much fun, but now it's [b]painful[/b]. Seriously. I cringed watching the performance. So. Incredibly. Cheesy. He looked like he took one too many stackers and was having trouble standing up. I've watched the performance [not all of it] once and haven't been brave enough to try it again. [b]Hilarious[/b]. I wish I had the webspace to upload the video for you all because it's something I'd die to hear your comments on it.

[quote name='Sweet Pie][color=indigo]Yay! [b]Tackey & Tsubasa[/b] came out thier new album. Gotta buy them! Anyone knows that that [b]Gackt[/b] & [b]HYDE[/b] starred in a movie [b][i]Moon Child[/b][/i'] The story's in a Chinese channel on cble here. Pity I don't get to watch them but I'll get them from a LaserFlair shop, bet, they have ^_^[/color][/quote]

Yeah I think I'd LOVE to own that movie unfortunately it's so much. Yes Asia carries it.

[color=indigo][size=1]I agree, some artist need to take a break from showbiz. But I thought he looks okay in this live performance music video, can't remember the song...it's a slow song...a love song, if I'm not wrong.

Anyone heard the name [b]Daigo Stardust[/b]? He's pretty new to the showbiz though.[/color][/size]

[quote name='kyonen']It's like I said, he needs to take a break from music. A lot of people think Dir en grey should've too, what with last year's extensive touring. It could help a few artists.[/quote]

Dir en Grey had taken a break in 2001 if im correct becuase of Kyo's ruptured typanum. They got that well deserved break for Kyo recovering. And yes I know exactly what happened becuase I just did a speech about them and I had to find that info. And I have heard a clip of their new single "The Final" And I love it.

Oh yeah! Psycho le Cemu ROCKS! Especially their mini-album, Prism even though it was old stuff. I enjoyed their indies stuff more than their major works. My favorite song is probably Prism then REMEMBRANCE.

[QUOTE=lava lamp]Oh, and:

[b]Did any of you by chance see Gackt's performance on the 23rd at Heyx3?[/b]

I've never laughed so hard in my life. He performed [i]Vanilla[/i] to promote his single collection which is currently sitting at 3rd in the [url=http://www.oricon.co.jp/]oricon[/url]. Don't get me wrong; it's a great song for what it's dabbling in. When Gackt put it out, he had this charisma he just completely lacks now. Watching him live was so much fun, but now it's [b]painful[/b]. Seriously. I cringed watching the performance. So. Incredibly. Cheesy. He looked like he took one too many stackers and was having trouble standing up. I've watched the performance [not all of it] once and haven't been brave enough to try it again. [b]Hilarious[/b]. I wish I had the webspace to upload the video for you all because it's something I'd die to hear your comments on it.[/QUOTE]

I just like watching him attempt to dance. He can dance as well as he can sing in English, and well, you know he's not very good at that. Wtahcing his live of Papa Lopped a Pop lapped, or whatever that stupid title is, on Utaban was just hillarious. I was real interested in seeing his Moon tour DVD, but I don't have the money to cork out for that. Once he started NOT singing his songs live I stopped caring about his live preformances. I honestly rather watch him act or do a talk show or something, much more entertaining.

[color=indigo][size=1]It's kind of sad to look at some artist. Some of them were in the showbiz for about 10 years, they still survive, e.g: SMAP. They still very good though. It's more painful if some of the singers that we REALLY, REALLY loved, left the showbiz.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=kyonen]Yeah, sounds great. All I know, is it's an accoustic.

What I meant was, after all that "Rettou Gekishin 5 Ugly Kingdom" Touring, right after, they work on a new album. Suicidal Tendencies, I tell ya.[/QUOTE]
[I][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
Are you implying that Kyo from Dir en Grey is suicidal?[/FONT][/COLOR][/I]