OtakuBoards

Official myOtaku Problems Thread

Charles

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Arg, I think it must still be the servers or something because when I try to post something on Myo it just gives me the wierd server message. and yet I can go to everyone else's sites on it. This whole thing just makes me all confused and such.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=Indigo]I?m having a problem with sending and receiving pm?s. For over a week I?ve had pm?s simply disappear. I will write the pm, check the box to keep a copy in my sent folder and though I get a message telling me that the pm was sent successfully the person I send it to gets a really old message instead of the new one and the message I sent doesn?t show up in my sent folder like they usually do.

I tried testing it with a friend today and she got a pm I sent to her back in December instead of the new one I sent. In fact, every pm she?s gotten from me in the last week has been older pm?s instead of the current one I just sent. And so far not a single one that I have sent has shown up in my sent box making me wonder if each and every pm has been lost.

Is there a problem with the pm?s? Or is it just my account that?s having problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=indifference][COLOR=Indigo]I?m having a problem with sending and receiving pm?s. For over a week I?ve had pm?s simply disappear. I will write the pm, check the box to keep a copy in my sent folder and though I get a message telling me that the pm was sent successfully the person I send it to gets a really old message instead of the new one and the message I sent doesn?t show up in my sent folder like they usually do.

I tried testing it with a friend today and she got a pm I sent to her back in December instead of the new one I sent. In fact, every pm she?s gotten from me in the last week has been older pm?s instead of the current one I just sent. And so far not a single one that I have sent has shown up in my sent box making me wonder if each and every pm has been lost.

Is there a problem with the pm?s? Or is it just my account that?s having problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.[/COLOR][/QUOTE][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]
I'm having the same problem too. I've found that every pm that it says was sent successfully but didn't show up in my sent box, was not recieved by the person I sent it to. Instead they get a pm I sent a long time ago, just like indifference was talking about. Though unlike indifference some of mine are being recieved. I sent one to indifference today and she got it just fine, but when she sent a new one to me I got an older pm that she sent back in December. I still haven't gotten the new one.

So some of mine are going through and others are not. >_< So are the pm's just delayed? It's kind of frustrating since I don't want to keep sending the pm if it's eventually going to arrive. But if it's lost is there any way to find them or should I just resend the pm? [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I'm glad I'm not the only one! >_< My pm's are messed up too! When my friends try to send me a new one I get an old one instead! It tells me that the pm is new but it's a really old one that I deleted over six months ago! I got one that was orginally sent back on 6-30-2005! I checked with my friend and that was not the message that she sent me. >_< It's not the first time either. I thought perhaps it was just a bug, but it's been doing it for several days now and I've yet to recieve any of the new pm's that were sent to me. In fact my friends had to use e-mail instead since I haven't gotten any of their recent pm's lately. I keep getting an older pm that I deleted every time they try to send me a new one. Is it my account? Or is it a problem with myOtaku? [/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Tahoma]Well, the PM on MyOtaku troubles continue. Has anyone checked up on the issue or have any idea on when/how it will be fixed?

I realize it must be frustrating for the technicians with these niggly errors and I'm sincerely thankful for the already spangly service. Hopefully you guys can sort this one out, too :catgirl: [/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Well I know that the pm problem is yet to be solved, or so I assume since mine still doesn't work right, but I've been noticing this error on members sites where their profile is suppose to be. I'm unaffected and many of my friends are unaffected but I ran into 5 different sites this morning alone that had this error message on their site.

Notice: Query failed: Can't open file: 'stats.MYI'. (errno: 145) in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 54[/COLOR]

Guest Lemony Slash
Um, I don't know if it has been fixed, but yeah, my PMs are still broken.

Also, I cannot comment on others otakus. I can see peoples comments, but cannot myself add a comment.

[quote name='Lemony Slash']Also, I cannot comment on others otakus. I can see peoples comments, but cannot myself add a comment.[/quote]
[FONT=Tahoma]That can be due to cookies on your computer or, if you're on a school/public computer, it could be that the computer you're on is blocking pop-ups *shrugs* Hopefully you'll be able to work it out by clearing the cookies, otherwise I don't know how to get around the problem :-/[/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...
[SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Are you sure it the cookies? because a lot of people on otaku are having trouble with the pm system.I had a post today about it and found out a lot of my friends are having trouble with it too.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Purple]I think the cookies were referring to something else, not to the PM system.
I can't either! I got two messages within the span of two weeks, both from January. Then I got a copy of a message from January, and one from last year! This has been going on for several weeks for me, maybe more. Only on three days did I get normal messages - that was the third, the tenth, and the eleventh of this month. And then it died again! So I give up for now.

I have a question - I had a button and banner of mine that have been showing up for a long time, but now they won't appear. (All the other stuff does.) I tried retyping the codes, repasting in the profile, re-DOING the profile, but they still aren't showing up. Help, please! I want them to work! Note: They're not the only button and banner on my site - I have three other buttons for my friends and one other banner for a friend. Does that have anything to do with it, even though I've had all three buttons up for almost a year? I changed buttons for my two friends, but the code was the same, and the second banner is only a few months or so old. Would that have anything to do with it for whatever reason?

AP[/COLOR][/FONT]

I?ve been having problems with pms for quite a while. I get this when I try to reply to a pm that was sent to me.

Notice: Query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 328394,1,0)' at line 1 in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 54

Notice: Query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 139170,2,1)' at line 1 in /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php on line 54

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/theotaku/public_html/global/my_config/classes/db_mysql_conn.php:54) in /home/theotaku/public_html/my/includes/my_functions.php on line 40

I also have the same problem that was mentioned in this thread before where I get older pms instead of the new ones my friends say they sent me.

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=SeaGreen]See, when that notice thing pops up, I click "back", wait 30 seconds, and send it again. It usually goes the second time for me. Not sure what that is, but it does work the second time around.

The PMs still aren't going! It's rather frustrating at this point. How long has it been like this?? :( [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]I just sent a message a few minutes ago (it's 6:57 pm where I am now) to see what would happen. I don't believe it really worked, but all the ones I've sent, including this one, show up in my sent box. What's UP with this, anyway?! :mad: [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]I sent out a PM yesterday night - the same as the one previously posted - and the person replied back to it today. Is the message system fixed, or was that a fluke??[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]The Edit button loves you. Won't you love it back? - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

[quote name='Anime Pet][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]I just sent a message a few minutes ago (it's 6:57 pm where I am now) to see what would happen. I don't believe it really worked, but all the ones I've sent, including this one, show up in my sent box. What's UP with this, anyway?! :mad: [/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]
All messages that you send will and should show up in the "Sent" box. The PM sent box is very similar to that of the "Sent" box with most email programs. It gives you a record of what you have sent. If it shows up in the sent box that means that the message has been sent.

Oi, I think I have over used the word sent in this response. :animesigh

• 1 month later...
[SIZE=1]Hmm..alright let's see. I just started a new myotaku account since my last one my password had been randomly changed and I couldn't get a response that could help me get my account back. That's fine. So I make a new one. Now it won't let me attach it to my otakuboards account. Do I just have bad luck or what? Or did they not fix this bug already? Because I remember people talking about this happening before, but all it says is "Error, contact the administrator" which hasn't helped me much in the past. Help anyone? [/SIZE]

[color=#4B0082]It's probably not letting you connect the new one because you've still got your old account linked. If the current connection info was cleared out of your OB profile, however, I think it should let the new connection go through. I can do that for you if you'd like.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']It's probably not letting you connect the new one because you've still got your old account linked. If the current connection info was cleared out of your OB profile, however, I think it should let the new connection go through. I can do that for you if you'd like.[/color][/quote][SIZE=1]Your probably right. I tried to figure out a way to disconnect my old one, but I had no luck. If you could do it for me, that would help out a lot! I never seem to get the hand of myotaku, anyways my new one is [url]www.myotaku.com/pumpkiness[/url]. Thank you for your help. [/SIZE]

Guest icebox270534
Ok I have this problem I hope it's a little one! I tried to insert a table or a text area in my post, don't ask me why I don't care anymore... I won't try to improve my site anymore if this kind of problems show up! And it showed but kind of odd, that's not the point! I tried to delete it from my posts and it won't delete! My button "Modify my posts" doen't work anymore on a particular page! If someone understands please can you help me? I don't want to lose my Otaku account!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest blackXlycan
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]undefined[/FONT][SIZE=2]undefined[/SIZE][COLOR=DarkRed]undefined[/COLOR] :catgirl: I need help with some things forr my profile,so please,im not forcing you to,but if you have some advice for me, please e-mail it to me^^
_thanks_ ^8^*howwwwl* :catgirl:

[color=crimson] So, what exactly is the problem? I can try to help if you will be a bit clearer on what it is you neep help with. And no, I won't email it, you get your answer from me here. I'm too much of a lazyass to bother logging into ym email for 1 message. :p[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest angieanime
Umm hey. My profile no longer works.Ii can't change it anymore nor the information on the side where your bio stuff is. I know the cause of the problem is because i put a text box in the profile, but i waited for months for it to work and it still doesn't work. :animeangr Can someone either fix that or give me a code that can cover it up? :animestun

~angie

[QUOTE=angieanime]Umm hey. My profile no longer works.Ii can't change it anymore nor the information on the side where your bio stuff is. I know the cause of the problem is because i put a text box in the profile, but i waited for months for it to work and it still doesn't work. :animeangr Can someone either fix that or give me a code that can cover it up? :animestun

~angie[/QUOTE]

You mean cover up the text box? I've never used one, but it doesn't sound like that's causing the problem. Not sure, though. :animedepr