OtakuBoards

Official myOtaku Problems Thread

Charles

[quote name='Kairi37']*nods* K. Sry...Um, the thing is though, the other sites that I use don't seem to work on MyO. They just give me a thing that say "this img is hosted by whatever" but they don't show it. Know of any that work?[/quote]

[size=1]I use [url=http://photobucket.com]PhotoBucket[/url] to host my images, and they're pretty good. I've also heard that [url=http://imageshack.com]Image Shack[/url] and [url=http://250free.com]250Free[/url] are good, but I've never used them.

Just don't use places like GeoCities(they don't allow hotlinking of images unless you've got a premium account with them), AngelFire, and Tripod(none of them allow hotlinking, either).[/size]

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[size=1]I'm having an issue with the links I include on [url=http://www.myotaku.com/shyguy][i]my[/i] myOtaku site.[/url] For some reason the links do not work correctly, and by clicking on them it sends them to one of those random and run "This page cannot be found" pages.

The html I use for links is TEXT and only recently has this become an issue. Is there an alternate html code that I could try, or better yet, is there some explanation as to why this is happening?

-Shy[/size]

ya my site hasn't been coming up at all sence I put this one fan pic in, it was one of kouga in a tux, well I guess trhat it wasn't original enough or something, and now I'm afraid that I may have to start a whole new site! And I had so much on it! :( I've tried everything to get to it, and I can't even view it. I was just wondering if anyone could help :help:

[size=1]When I viewed your site, it said that it was turned off. So, just head into the 'Edit Profile' section of the backroom and on the part of the form that asks Off or on?' set it to 'On'. This should solve your problem.

[b][color=indigo]-Ouka[/b][/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]I'm having an issue with the links I include on [url=http://www.myotaku.com/shyguy][i]my[/i] myOtaku site.[/url] For some reason the links do not work correctly, and by clicking on them it sends them to one of those random and run "This page cannot be found" pages.

The html I use for links is TEXT and only recently has this become an issue. Is there an alternate html code that I could try, or better yet, is there some explanation as to why this is happening?

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]myOtaku seems to do funky things with double quotes sometimes -- especially in post titles or the info on the sidebar. I'd try using single quotes in HTML tags instead of double quotes. Unless you're doing some funky nesting of tags, single quotes will work the same as double quotes, and myOtaku shouldn't mess with them.[/color]

[size=1][color=deeppink]Well, for me, same deal as Solo. I never use speechmarks for mine, and it still works fine. o.o;

And yeah, I had to get rid of the icon-thingy I used on my profile bar, because I'd have to retype the code each time I edited my profile. Not very important, though, soo...[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=Ouka][size=1]When I viewed your site, it said that it was turned off. So, just head into the 'Edit Profile' section of the backroom and on the part of the form that asks Off or on?' set it to 'On'. This should solve your problem.

[b][color=indigo]-Ouka[/b][/color][/size][/QUOTE]
Um, its not that I turned it off, and I never have. I had the site for a wial, but I tryed to logg in, and it says "wrong password" and such not, but when I put my email address in for the "forgot password" it says that my email is not in the data base or what ever, I can't even get to the backroom, and its Driving Me CRAZY!!!! :wigout: Ah! :flaming: .. so... ya ...thats the siguation. I hope someone can help, seeya, Kisha

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=book antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]Well, since this is the "Official [B]myOtaku Problems[/B] Thread," I figure I'll post my member problem here.

I'm having trouble with a myOtaku member. His/her comments are very rude. I've backed them up on the off-chance he/she deletes them upon seeing this post, alongside asking a few members to make note of the comments.

Frankly, I don't care if the person has a myOtaku account or not (i.e., I don't neccessarily want the person banned), but is there any way to stop the member from being able to post at my myOtaku? I don't think the series of comments is a one-time thing, as indicated by his latest comment, so I'm hoping for some kind of solution.

Thank you.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Well, AW, have you done anything to instigate? I mean, have you said anything on your MyO that could be construed as throwing the first punch? I haven't seen anything on there that didn't have provocation, so...what could have prompted the "rude" comments? Could you possibly provide some more information, other than 'this member is being mean to me'?"

I think if we were given the entire picture, it would help us figure out what kind of action could be taken in dealing with this member in question.

[FONT=book antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]Actually, I'm just looking for a response from jblessing, James, or Adam. I'm not here to debate the posts in their entirety. Rather, there are certain phrases and use of profanity that were out of line and/or off-topic, regardless of my actions. Again, regardless of the content or context of my post, the user seems to rely on rude and unneccessary appendages to his comments.

And no, I have not cursed at any member, or said anything that was as outright rude. Whatever the case, you need not worry about my dilemma, since I'm sure one of the three higher-ups will assist me soon enough.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=#707875]"help us?" You are not a staff member, Siren. ~_^

Anyway, to my knowledge, the only thing you can do as a member is to actually block PMs from someone and delete comments. Right now that's about all I can offer -- you have the power to remove comments on your own page that you might find objectionable.

Other than that, we may be able to introduce a broader "blocking system", but I really can't answer that question. Only Justin knows whether or not that's feasable or not.[/color]

Azurewolf, if you would either send me a Private Message here or on myOtaku about the member in question that would be great.

Last month we put up a[url="http://www.myotaku.com/account/terms_of_service/"] Terms of Service[/url] for this reason, as well as many others, and if James, Adam, or I feel the member has broken any consequences will follow.

We'll handle this privatly, however. Let me know the username, and possible proof that may still be on your site.

In the future, we do plan on adding many more features. Additions that will basicalyl solve problems like these -- but right now, our focus is on theOtaku and myOtaku feature implementations has been put off to the side. :(

[COLOR="#004a6f"]It seems these days that people are a lot nicer when they vote for fan art, so I decided to delete my art and resend it. My pictures had much better ratings this time, but my over all rating stayed low, bacuase the results of all the previous votes were kept. It says I have over 900 votes in total but that was before I deleted my art. Is this the way it's supposed to be or is it just a glitch?[/COLOR]

[quote name='Chabichou][color=#004a6f']It seems these days that people are a lot nicer when they vote for fan art, so I decided to delete my art and resend it. My pictures had much better ratings this time, but my over all rating stayed low, bacuase the results of all the previous votes were kept. It says I have over 900 votes in total but that was before I deleted my art. Is this the way it's supposed to be or is it just a glitch?[/color][/quote]
It is not a glitch, it is just how we handle overall statistics for the site. Your overall rating is not updated on each page load dynamically, rather it is calculated each time someone votes on a piece of yours. So, deleting an art does not neccessarily remove those votes.

In light of this, I will come up with an algorithm to update user rankings and so forth dynamically, once a week or such. I'm not promising anything any time soon, as I still have a lot on my plate.

[size=1]Okay 2 myO questions... #1, is there any way that I could possibly change myO username? If not that is totally fine and the #2 question is, is there a place where I can basically learn all the HTML Commands or whatever for like color, urls, etc?[/size]

[quote name='Serraph-Angel][size=1']Okay 2 myO questions... #1, is there any way that I could possibly change myO username? If not that is totally fine and the #2 question is, is there a place where I can basically learn all the HTML Commands or whatever for like color, urls, etc?[/size][/quote]
[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Question 1: I don't have a clue.

Question 2: Try [url]www.founderweb.com[/url] , a site Adam made a while ago. It's got HTML Tutorials, Quiz Makers, Hex Colour Charts and all kinds of cool stuff.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]I wasn't sure where this should go, so I posted it on your mO site as well. I have a concern with theO and searching. I have only tried it with the wallpaper section, but when it brings up the search results, the pictures are missing ID tags and the links cannot be followed. Just thought you should check that out.[/size]

[COLOR="#004a6f"]I know the midi player is also capable of playing other files like mp3 and such, but there used to be a glitch in which it would only play midis, though Adam fixed it so it can play mp3s too. However, it still won't play wmv files, because Adam probably forgot to fix the glitch for other file formats. I haven't tried it yet, but it probably won't play wav files either. Anyway, could this glitch be resolved so the midi player can play all of different supported file types?

Also I'm just wondering wether the player only supports windows media player files, or can it also play realplayer files such as ram and rm, and winamp files such as ogg files. In addition, does it support streaming media?[/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
[color=hotpink][size=1]Okay, this has been bothering me A LOT lately, but when I'm in the backroom of my area, it says that I have one new Private Message, but when I check my mail, it isn't there. And I've checked all the folders and everything, but it's JUST NOT THERE!

Is there anything you can do to make it go away?[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! I'm using Firefox and I can't access my myOtaku. It says that the user profile I'm trying to access is currently turned off but it's not. It works fine with Internet Explorer. Can you please help me. Thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...