OtakuBoards

Official myOtaku Problems Thread

Charles

Adam, I am still having problems with my site. My counter is still not working. I am getting signatures in my guestbook and comments on my posts. But still no change on the amount of visitors or my popularity ranking. Thanks for your help with this! :D

Edit: All is well with the counter now! Thanks Adam! :D

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had posted this in the MyO2 Wishlist thread, but that's the wrong thread for probs, isn't it? lol.

I was wondering if users could be given the ability to delete comments from their MyOs? It's annoying when "n0--0bpal2234" posts a comment that is totally unrelated to anything in the update, and I'm unable to delete it.

Thanks, Adam.

[QUOTE=Anime_fangurl*247]I had posted this in the MyO2 Wishlist thread, but that's the wrong thread for probs, isn't it? lol.

I was wondering if users could be given the ability to delete comments from their MyOs? It's annoying when "n0--0bpal2234" posts a comment that is totally unrelated to anything in the update, and I'm unable to delete it.

Thanks, Adam.[/QUOTE]

I thought this option was already in place? I swear I've done it before on my own site way back when I still utilized the comments system there instead of my own.

The option was in place before, but it doesn't seem to be working now. Right now, you can only delete comments that you've made, regardless of whether they're on your site or not.

Oh, and thanks for fixing the counter problem ^_^ Definitely appreciated, heh.

Comment posting error fixed.

Also, I *think* I fixed the problem a few users have been experiencing (like Sara/Panda) about text wrapping. Please re-enter your introduction to see if it works right.

[QUOTE=Adam]Comment posting error fixed.

Also, I *think* I fixed the problem a few users have been experiencing (like Sara/Panda) about text wrapping. Please re-enter your introduction to see if it works right.[/QUOTE][size=1]Yup. Thanks, Adam.

(Now, if I could only get my banner to show up again.....:whoops: )[/size]

[COLOR="#004a6f"]I know the midi player was designed to play midis, but I've always used an mp3 file for my page. Now my song won't show up. It was working fine at first, but when I edited my profile, the song was removed. So pretty much it won't [I]let[/I] me add mp3s. Mp3s might be working on other people's pages, but that's only because they haven't edited their profiles yet.

Another thing is that when I go to modify my posts, my custom moods are always deselected, and it's very annoying having to reselect them again.[/COLOR]

Don't know if anyone had this problem before or there are anyother post regarding to this problem.I've been experiencing problem in submitting fanart.It seems that I can't submit fanart. All I get is the "Cannot find sever" page. It works fine before the upgrade. Any solution? Is it because of my web browser or my internet service provider? Thanks.

Chabichou,
-> I took the time today to fix both glitches you mentioned. Thanks for pointing them out. Custom smilies in modify posts and mp3s now work. Enjoy.

Shadow Guardian,
-> Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm not sure what to say to them though. We've had 130 art submissions today alone, which is actually a bit above average, so I know the huge majority of people are getting through fine. Maybe it has to do with your browser not liking transmitting things online.

-Adam

MyOtaku seems to refuse to upload a new avatar pic onto the site. Every time I tell it to upload a pic it will say that it has been uploaded, but when I check, the old one is still there. The image is only 80x80 and 10k, so it easily falls into the requirements listed in the "Site Content" area.

[quote name='Black_Phoenix']MyOtaku seems to refuse to upload a new avatar pic onto the site. Every time I tell it to upload a pic it will say that it has been uploaded, but when I check, the old one is still there. The image is only 80x80 and 10k, so it easily falls into the requirements listed in the "Site Content" area.[/quote]
I'm not sure where you are having a problem, I've tested it multiple times. Are you sure you're using a .gif or .jpg format? We do not support any other formats. If you still can not get it to work, try saving the image again in your paint editor -- there is a possibility the image has become corrupt, and may result in it being declined.

[font=Georgia][color=blue]Someone had the same problem and asked me about it. Since I knew his previous avatar, I could tell if it was changed or not. For some reason, he needed to clear his temporary files out before he could see his new avatar.[/color][/font]

[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff]I'm betting you have the same problem: it's uploaded and there, but you only see the old one because your computer is grabbing it from memory rather than the internet.[/color][/font]

There is a small giltch in the backroom of myotaku. Sometimes, the top of the page where the ads are drops down and there is a large space between the ad and the rest of the page. This happens kinda randomly. That is the best i can explain it. I hope that i have helped.

• 3 weeks later...
[color=deeppink][size=1]Umm... is the max. for fanart size supposed to be 200kb? Other fanart I've submitted have been a lot larger than that, and when I try resizing one to be 200kb, it's really tiny...

(Sorry if this doesn't belong in here.)[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Juuthena][color=deeppink][size=1]Umm... is the max. for fanart size supposed to be 200kb? Other fanart I've submitted have been a lot larger than that, and when I try resizing one to be 200kb, it's really tiny...

(Sorry if this doesn't belong in here.)[/size][/color][/QUOTE]
Yeh, its been at 200kb for quite some time. If you suggest it be a little higher, just send Adam and e-mail.

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=darkred]I looked through the most recent posts in this thread, but saw no mention of this. If it is a repetition, then I apologise.

It's happened quite a few times lately that I've signed a Guestbook and get the message "[/color][/size][/font][color=darkred][font=Verdana][size=1][b]There is no such user.[/b]" instead of the usual "The guestbook has been signed." (the adress bar says 'error/23/' if that helps to know).
However, when I've gone back a step I find that my message has been submitted.

So it is not a [i]problem[/i] per se, just a little confusing ^_^[/size][/font][/color]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]The same thing happened to me when I was signing a guestbook. I had clicked the button to sign the guestbook and then it would say that 'this user does not exist'. I would hit the back button and I would find that my guestbook message had been submitted.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Yeah, so I had the same problem as Mimmi. Oh, and also, shouldn't you be able to delete your own entry in someone's guestbook? Because a friend of mine messed up when signing someone's guestbook(actually, I think she got the 'this user does not exist' error, too) and when she tried to delete her entry, it said that she was not allowed to do this.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Thanks for your time. ^_^[/color][/size][/font]

Ok, I fixed the bug with submitting guestbook entries. A rather small, but noticeable error on my part.

For deleting ones own entry, I signed several guestbooks and I was able to successfully delete my own entry. I also deleted an entry from my guestbook, and it worked fine. Maybe a little more detail might help me resolve that one :)

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Thanks for fixing the glitch, Justin. Now I don't have to worry about signing guestbooks and getting that error anymore. ^_^[/color][/size][/font]

• 3 weeks later...
This one is for the Wallpaper section of the site. When I try to click on the "800 x 600" or "1024 x 768" button to enlarge a wallpaer I like, I'll get this message:

[font=Verdana][size=2][QUOTE][font=Verdana][size=2]You must be registered myOtaku.com member to download wallpapers. [/size][/font][url="http://www.myotaku.com/"][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#800080]Join now free![/color][/size][/font][/url][/QUOTE] [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][/size][/font]
I always get it, no matter what I do. And I know for a fact that I [i]am [/i]registered at myOtaku.

Thank ya

[QUOTE=Haze]This one is for the Wallpaper section of the site. When I try to click on the "800 x 600" or "1024 x 768" button to enlarge a wallpaer I like, I'll get this message:

I always get it, no matter what I do. And I know for a fact that I [i]am [/i]registered at myOtaku.

Thank ya[/QUOTE]
Now, are you actually logged in when you attempt to download it? You can tell if you're logged in by visiting myOtaku.com (your backroom should appear).

If you are logged in, try visiting fan art and rating a piece of art. If you can rate art, and it still won't let you download a wallpaper, try this:

[list=1]
[*]Log out of myOtaku
[*]Clear your cookies by going to Tools > Internet Options > Delete Cookies
[*]Log back into myOtaku
[/list]Let me know if you're still having trouble.