OtakuBoards

Official myOtaku Problems Thread

Charles

YAAAAAY!!! Thanks Justin! I just had to empty my cookies. ^__^

Just one more question that is going to make me look stupid.....How do I submit Game and Original Anime Wallpapers? I see no place for them on the list when you go to submit one. >__<

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[font=Arial][size=1][color=indigo]I'm having a problem with my backroom. On my Popularity Ranking, its stating that I'm #974. I know that I am not #974, especially after double checking with the Member List, where it confirmed that it should say in the backroom that I am #195.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#4b0082][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#4b0082]The really odd thing about my ranking in the backroom is that its the exact same number as how many visits I have: 974.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#4b0082][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#4b0082]I'm sure its just a small glitch but I thought it might be important for you to know.[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=DDG][font=Arial][size=1][color=indigo]I'm having a problem with my backroom. On my Popularity Ranking, its stating that I'm #974. I know that I am not #974, especially after double checking with the Member List, where it confirmed that it should say in the backroom that I am #195.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#4b0082]The really odd thing about my ranking in the backroom is that its the exact same number as how many visits I have: 974.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#4b0082]I'm sure its just a small glitch but I thought it might be important for you to know.[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]Fixed -- small error on my part.

I changed my picture on myO last night and it seemed to have worked fine. When I went to my site this morning, it was back to the old picture. Now when I try to upload a new one, it doesn't change at all.

I don't know if this will help at all, but that was the first time I changed my picture since I registered in August.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=Dan Rugh]I changed my picture on myO last night and it seemed to have worked fine. When I went to my site this morning, it was back to the old picture. Now when I try to upload a new one, it doesn't change at all.

I don't know if this will help at all, but that was the first time I changed my picture since I registered in August.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Your new one has definitely come up for me.

Try clearing your Temporary Internet Files, that should fix the problem.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I don't know what's going on, but in my last myO entry, it wont let me read my comments. It keeps saying that I must be a registered and logged-in member, which I am. I can read the comments on all my other posts and on other people's. I can comment on other's too. Please fix this so I can read what people said to me. ;_;[/color][/size]

[B][COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1]Me having problems too with myO. A certain quiz in my manager can't be deleted since last night. Now I have two same quizzes showing up on my site. Appreciate all help. Thanks ^_^x[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR=#503F86]I've a similar problem, although neither of the two quizzes will display either (they're both the same one- I tried uploading it again to see if that would rectify it, but I just doubled the problem). I don't particularly want them up anyway, but I can't delete or do anything with them. It's rather odd, because the other two behave fine.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Queen Asuka][color=hotpink][size=1]I don't know what's going on, but in my last myO entry, it wont let me read my comments. It keeps saying that I must be a registered and logged-in member, which I am. I can read the comments on all my other posts and on other people's. I can comment on other's too. Please fix this so I can read what people said to me. ;_;[/color'][/size][/quote]

Your cookies become corrupt. In IE, or whatever browser, go to Tools > Internet Options > Delete Cookies

If you don't want to lose all your cookies... go to C:\Documents and Settings\WINXPLOGINNAME\Cookies

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]Everytime I try to change how many posts are shown on my main page, it gives me this error:

[color=red]Unauthorized access detected. Please contact an adminstrator.[/color]

Any help with this problem would be great. ^_^

-Ouka[/size]

So, when you go to your backroom and click on 'Edit Profile'... after changing how many days you want shown on your main page, it gives you an unauthorized access error?

What browser are you using? There's a chance some data isn't beeing passed through properly. Also, tell me more detailed steps in how you come up with that error.

I'm having a problem with my midis. When I visit my site I'll click the button and it says "Sorry, your browser does not support this feature!" But what's odd is that last week the thing had been working. I don't know if my Spybot deleted it on accident or what. Thanks for any help.

[QUOTE=jblessing]So, when you go to your backroom and click on 'Edit Profile'... after changing how many days you want shown on your main page, it gives you an unauthorized access error?

What browser are you using? There's a chance some data isn't beeing passed through properly. Also, tell me more detailed steps in how you come up with that error.[/QUOTE]

[size=1]Well, the computer I was on when I received the error was using IE 6.

More detailed steps? Ok, well, I clicked on the [color=navy]Edit Profile[/color] link, then I scrolled down to the [color=navy]Days shown on main page[/color] drop down box, chose the number 1 and finished by hitting the [color=navy]Edit My Options / Profile[/color] button.

I'm on a different computer than what I was on the other day and it did just allow me to change the number but, this computer's a lot different from the other one I was on.

But, if you need anymore information, I'll get it to you.[/size]

I'm having a bit of a problem with reading my comments. When I click on the link to read them, instead of having a window open up as it normally would, I get taken to the top of my mO page o_0; I thought that maybe it was just my mO so I went to a few of my friends' mO's and the same thing happens when I try to read their comments as well. I've deleted my cookies, and I've signed back onto mO, but it hasn't fixed the problem, so I don't know what it could be.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me fix it ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
Guest joeyw23
I can't log in to my otaku site.....
it's keep refreshing.....
and it doesn't say any error things...
I don't know what to do....
to do my otaku site... I need to restart my comp.....
there's something wrong with my labtop's internet....
plz.. someone really help because I don't wanna restart my comp every 1 hour...
thanx......XD T^T

We had a bug with the login system yesterday that has since been fixed.

Just delete all of your cookies, and try logging in again. It should work.

Otherwise, cookies are not enabled for theOtaku and myOtaku.com. To do this, if you are using Internet Explorer, go to: Tools > Internet Options > Privacy Tab... then fine the Site button, and add myotaku.com and theotaku.com to 'always allow'.

[QUOTE=haruno_sakura]I'm having a bit of a problem with reading my comments. When I click on the link to read them, instead of having a window open up as it normally would, I get taken to the top of my mO page o_0; I thought that maybe it was just my mO so I went to a few of my friends' mO's and the same thing happens when I try to read their comments as well. I've deleted my cookies, and I've signed back onto mO, but it hasn't fixed the problem, so I don't know what it could be.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me fix it ^_^[/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink][size=1]Yeah, that happens for me too, and I thought it was just me. But I just have to wait for the page to finish loading, and when I click the link again, it pops up as usual. ^^;

Or uhm. If the site happens to have a ton of pictures, you could just press 'stop' so the images stop loading and such.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Juuthena][color=deeppink][size=1]Yeah, that happens for me too, and I thought it was just me. But I just have to wait for the page to finish loading, and when I click the link again, it pops up as usual. ^^;

Or uhm. If the site happens to have a ton of pictures, you could just press 'stop' so the images stop loading and such.[/color][/size][/QUOTE] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue]After hearing this description, I'm 100% sure that the problem has to do with pop-up blockers. The same thing happens to me. The reason why it doesn't pop up when the page is loading is due to a standard function of pop-up stoppers. As a website gets read, there is a code to open a pop-up, so pop-up stoppers generally stop any pop-ups that attempt to open while the page is loading.

Also, if clicking on it after the page loads still doesn't work, you can add myOtaku to your list of websites where pop-ups are allowed (also called a "white list"). If that doesn't work, the last option is to just disable the sucker.

I personally think the google toolbar is perfect: holding ctrl and clicking on a link will allow a pop-up (well, a lot of them do that...), and I've never had a problem with the wrong popup popping up, and never had a problem forcing the right ones showing up.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Whenever I try to log onto Myotaku, I get an error screen. Now, this is the first time this has happened on this computer. Just last night, I was able to log in, read and post just fine. But now, whenever I try, I get an error screen.

That's what comes up, if it helps any.

[i]Edit: The problem has been fixed, and the errors have been removed for your own privacy reasons.[/i]

[i]-- Justin Blessing, theOtaku/OB Staff[/i]

• 2 weeks later...
:confused: Ok...I have loaded this attachment and linked to it. The problem is, it doesn't work at times. It just shows up as a box with an X in it. I know I used the right code and linked to it correctly. Does anybody know why this is happening?

[color=#503f86]I deleted the first post you attached that to because posting erroneous images in unrelated topics is against the rules- you need to find a proper image hosting site to use it rather than use up OB's bandwidth. That might have had something to do with it.

Having just looked at your site, it seems to be working fine. But here isn't where you should be hosting it from, anyway.[/color]

[quote name='Kairi37']:confused: Ok...I have loaded this attachment and linked to it. The problem is, it doesn't work at times. It just shows up as a box with an X in it. I know I used the right code and linked to it correctly. Does anybody know why this is happening?[/quote][size=1]If you're not loggeed into OB, I don't believe you can view attachments hosted at OB.[/size]